Michael Stoops
Oct 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1910/PCGlass.gif
Product attributes:

Professional grade glass cleaner
Can be used in the sun
Glass stays cleaner longer with dust repellent technology
Leaves behind streak-free "Perfect Clarity" glass - Clarity you can see!
Unique chemistry contains lubricants that create an easy slide effect with no residue
Part Number: G8224 (trigger spray); G8319 (aerosol)
Size: 24 ounce (trigger spray); 19 ounce (aerosol)
MSRP: $5.49 each

Complete with a new dust repellant solution, this product is guaranteed to help glass surfaces stay cleaner longer, reducing the time and effort spent on car care. Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner contains a unique lubricant that creates an easy slide effect between the product and any cloth surface, ensuring that no residue is left behind. Instead, dirt is swept away and the transparent look of any glass surface is restored.

To apply, simply spray Perfect Clarity directly onto glass, spread evenly, then flip the towel and buff dry. You can even use it direct sunlight!

ethereal45
Oct 31st, 2011, 08:35 AM
Better than the detailer line glass cleaner? Impossible :)

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:09 AM
While there are some basic similarities between this, Class Cleaner Concentrate and even NXT Glass Cleaner, this definitely has some enhancements. Of course, if you like an aerosol glass cleaner due to the light foaming nature and it's clinging ability, then you'll love the aerosol version of this. It's pretty fantastic stuff.

PhantomMagician
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:17 AM
i know this statement is funny, but i really love the colour so much... :)

Teak
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM
Is this a replacement for the NXT window cleaner?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:08 AM
Is this a replacement for the NXT window cleaner?In reality, probably. We didn't really intend it that way, but it's so hard to find the NXT Glass Cleaner because none of the major retailers picked it up. We've already got major interest from some large retailers wanting this, so availability should be much easier with this. While I'm personally a fan of NXT Glass Cleaner, I have to say I really love this one, especially in aerosol form. But in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a huge fan of aerosol glass cleaners and haven't actually tried the trigger spray of Perfect Clarity yet.

Shawn T.
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Sold again Mike! 6 cases!

Teak
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. Would you give us a heads up if NXT is discontinued, just so I can have a bottle for old times sake. I was, but was not disappointed NXT was stocked by the big boxes, as I lived just around the corner from a Megiuars distributor.

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:38 AM
If we do away with NXT Glass Cleaner or any other product we will announce it on MOL

the other pc
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
But does it smell grapey?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:53 AM
But does it smell grapey?Nope, no grapey-ness in this one, sorry. :(

ethereal45
Oct 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM
I love D-line glass cleaner, but I also really like the aerosol nature of products like invisible glass. They are great for windshields because they don't make a mess and get all over the dashboard when you spray them. I will definitely pick this up, plus you can use them around the house too. Way better than windex, that's for certain.

nissanBill
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Now this looks like a new product I will definitely will be buying. I am a fan of Invisible Glass aerosol, but this looks like it may be better.

Tuck91
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:13 PM
Even though I have enough concentrate to last a decade, I will still pick this up to see if its as easy as advertised.

CieraSL
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:44 PM
I'll probably try out both versions of this one. Will Wal-Mart or Advance Auto Parts be carrying it?

thescreensavers
Oct 31st, 2011, 08:35 PM
^ AAP seems to carry the post Meguiars products out of any store, So they should have it.

Jim Lucier
Nov 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Mike,

It will be very hard to beat NXT. I lost my first bottle to my wife who discovered that it works best on the mirrors and windows in the house. The only truely streak free glass cleaner she ever tried. I actually drove the 40 mile round trip to Summit racing in Tallmadge, Ohio and bought 2 more bottles of NXT. That is my only complaint - lack of availability in local auto parts stores. Maybe your marketing group can do a better sales job to the big retailers.

Regards,
Jim Lucier

CumminsCrazed
Nov 1st, 2011, 04:37 PM
aftermarket tint film safe???

Detale
Nov 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
aftermarket tint film safe???
+1

Mark58
Nov 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
I'll probably try out both versions of this one. Will Wal-Mart or Advance Auto Parts be carrying it?

Since most of the products are geared to end user it probably will be carried by most of the stores that have Megiars products now. Just my 2 cents

Michael Stoops
Nov 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'll probably try out both versions of this one. Will Wal-Mart or Advance Auto Parts be carrying it?I don't believe that's been finalized just yet, but if I recall correctly both are planning on picking it up. We'll have full info on who's taking what at a later date.

aftermarket tint film safe???Definitely is, no problem at all.

CumminsCrazed
Nov 1st, 2011, 05:30 PM
ok good, last thing id wanna do is wash someones windows and have em coming back asking why their windows are now purple and not smoke

Jaddie
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
Dear Shawn & Friends

Sold again Mike! 6 cases!

Perfect Clarity is available now? If so, from where?

I'd like to get a couple of cans.

--Jaddie

Michael Stoops
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Dear Shawn & Friends

Perfect Clarity is available now? If so, from where?

I'd like to get a couple of cans.
--JaddieThat's just Shawn being funny and a but excited. None of these new for 2012 products are available just yet - you'll have to wait until late January at the earliest for most of them.

STRIFE
Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
I wish I could test this product out once it's avail.....but I have a bottle of NXT glass cleaner & recently picked up a gallon of the D line concentrate.....I may have to donate some of my D line to my friends....I only detail my 3 family vehicles, maybe I should offer basic services to friends .....really cheap?

Btw...i absolutely love NXT glass cleaner, smells great too

Vettefan
Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Mike, Sounds great! Is this new glass cleaner ammonia-free like NXT Glass cleaner?

Jaddie
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Dear Michael

None of these new for 2012 products are available just yet - you'll have to wait until late January at the earliest for most of them.

Okay. So I'll get a bottle of NXT to tide me over. Do you have a product I can apply to the glass to make water run off like it does with Rain-X?

--Jaddie

P.S. I've never been a professional detailer, but I used to wax my sweet-sixteen ride, a new '86 VW GTI, once a week. I could drop a towel on it and watch it slide off as if it were a puck on an air hockey table.

P.S.S. There are now a gazillion brands of detailing chemicals on the market and it's difficult to figure out which to choose. I'm going with Meguiar's because of its reputation and because it has a responsive online forum. I'm a certified internet forum junkie, belonging to more than 120 of them, and it warms the cockles of my heart when I see a company spend resources to educate its patrons and potential patrons in this fashion. Thank you, Meguiar's and Michael.

zbestwun2001
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM
ok good, last thing id wanna do is wash someones windows and have em coming back asking why their windows are now purple and not smoke

So that's what makes those tints I see on car turn purple and with bubbles?
I could never figure out what that was about... is that what ammonia will do?

jfelbab
Nov 5th, 2011, 05:30 AM
...Okay. So I'll get a bottle of NXT to tide me over. Do you have a product I can apply to the glass to make water run off like it does with Rain-X?...

FWIW, I find that UQW does a nice job of this. It is a great glass coating as it doesn't streak and sheds dust with just a wipe of a clean dry microfiber. It repels rain like RainX too but not for as long. It is much easier to apply and remove so I just use it after a wash on my paint glass and vinyl trim.

Jaddie
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Dear Vettefan

Is this new glass cleaner ammonia-free like NXT Glass cleaner?

Yes, this glass cleaner is ammonia-free, according to the label on the aerosol can, which can be seen on the first page of this thread.

--Jaddie

Jaddie
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Dear Jim

FWIW, I find that UQW does a nice job of this. It is a great glass coating as it doesn't streak and sheds dust with just a wipe of a clean dry microfiber. It repels rain like RainX too but not for as long. It is much easier to apply and remove so I just use it after a wash on my paint glass and vinyl trim.

Thank you very much. I'll give this a try.

--Jaddie

Murr1525
Nov 5th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Or UQD also.

Just have to try a couple things, see what you are comfortable with.

Vettefan
Nov 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Good catch about seeing it is ammonia free. Thanks Jaddie

Vettefan

Michael Stoops
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Loving that you guys are able to sort out some of these answers on your own with a little research and sharp eyes!!

As for some window tint films turning purple and bubbling, it isn't always due to ammonia in the glass cleaner used on it - some films on the market are just really cheap and will do that after prolonged sun exposure, regardless what you do with them.

PursuitSE
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I am almost out of NXT Glass Cleaner.
I will certainly buy a few bottles of this new glass cleaner in the Spring when I put my next stock order at ADS.

zbestwun2001
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
As for some window tint films turning purple and bubbling, it isn't always due to ammonia in the glass cleaner used on it - some films on the market are just really cheap and will do that after prolonged sun exposure, regardless what you do with them.

Thanks... and it seems to be on the cholos cars.....ARIBA!!!

STRIFE
Nov 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
How about a Meguiar's version of Rain-X, but in a one step clean & repel spray....for 2013

Blue Apollo IV
Dec 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Am I the only one that never uses a "window cleaner". I can't even remember the last time that I did. I might try this just for something to do.

zbestwun2001
Dec 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Am I the only one that never uses a "window cleaner". I can't even remember the last time that I did. I might try this just for something to do.

Seriously?
How do you keep your windows clean?

wifpd4
Dec 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
At what temperature does Perfect Clarity start to freeze in the bottle?

Marc08EX
Dec 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM

I'm the same way too.

Michael Stoops
Dec 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Am I the only one that never uses a "window cleaner". I can't even remember the last time that I did. I might try this just for something to do.Between washes you've never cleaned your windows to remove bug splatter, road film, etc? I do this all the time, but then again I never use my car's windshield washers as it's impossible to not have that stuff running all over the place. My daily driver still has the factory fluid in the washer reservoir dating back to its build date of August, 2003. At least I think there's still some in there, unless it's all evaporated by now!!

At what temperature does Perfect Clarity start to freeze in the bottle?It's not a high alcohol content product so you shouldn't let it sit in a car overnight if your anticipating freezing temperatures.

wifpd4
Dec 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Between washes you've never cleaned your windows to remove bug splatter, road film, etc? I do this all the time, but then again I never use my car's windshield washers as it's impossible to not have that stuff running all over the place. My daily driver still has the factory fluid in the washer reservoir dating back to its build date of August, 2003. At least I think there's still some in there, unless it's all evaporated by now!!

It's not a high alcohol content product so you shouldn't let it sit in a car overnight if your anticipating freezing temperatures.

I clean windows as often as using detailer.

I like keeping glass cleaner in the car all the time along with the Ultimates (Wax and Detailer).

Thanks Mike for the info.

Jagstang
Dec 24th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I found out that this new product will come out just few moments later after I ordered a bottle of NXT Glass Cleaner.. but once again.. I will get this one as soon as will come here in Italy. Just a couple of questions. It's written that will be dust repellent.. so should have some lubricants that stays in the glass and helps dust to slide but.. it will helps also water to slide more efficiently and even maybe helps the work of the wipers? Second question is.. why I should choose the aerosol version or the spray trigger version? Michael wrote about light foaming nature and clinging ability.. it's only preference in how to use the product or does it change something else?

Murr1525
Dec 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah, foam vs. trigger is just preference.

Trigger for me....

BillE
Dec 25th, 2011, 04:55 AM
One nice thing about the foam is doing the interior windshield...the product won't 'drip' on to the dash.

Other than that, like Murr, I perfer the trigger spray...just me I guess.

Merry Christmas...

Bill

Murr1525
Dec 25th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Or you can spray on your cloth, no drips at all...

This~N~That
Jan 5th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I rarely use glass cleaner.... but my husband thinks that is the only way to the window really clean. I have proven him wrong many of times.... but this new glass cleaner in the foam should keep him quite and stop him from trying to use windex on my Tahoe.

Murr1525
Jan 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Do you think this would help on plexiglass/acrylic that seems to get a bit of a static buildup?

Michael Stoops
Jan 6th, 2012, 08:40 AM
It could help, Mat, but sometimes just the act of wiping the towel over those materials creates a fairly strong static charge. Even though this product can help reduce or eliminate that on glass, on plexiglass/acrylic the static build up is often far greater than what you get on glass and that could be enough to challenge this glass cleaner.

As a side note, I was given a competitors synthetic sealant over the holidays and tried it out on my daily driver. That car has a composite rear spoiler that often exhibits noticeable static when wiping off other waxes/sealant even though it's painted just like the rest of the car. With this sealant the level of static was so high that I actually chuckled as the towel literally crackled with charge as I wiped it off. I could see the hairs on my arm start to stand up, too. Nowhere else on the car, even the urethane bumper covers, exhibited this level of static. And no other wax or sealant I'd ever used even came close to this level of charge. Yes, this is sealant on paint, not glass cleaner on glass/plexi/acrylic, but the general concept is the same; the substrate can play a big role in how things behave.

Murr1525
Jan 6th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks Mike,

Maybe I'll bring my sample bottle in to work to try out... even if it worked for a minute, might re-charge itself soon after.

TheSublimeGoose
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I'm excited to see its dust-repelling qualities.

epfrisco
Jan 20th, 2012, 09:49 PM
How does this product compare to Stoners Invisible Glass? I know I don't get any Stoners doesn't provide any dust repellant.

Michael Stoops
Jan 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
How does this product compare to Stoners Invisible Glass? I know I don't get any Stoners doesn't provide any dust repellant.Stoners IG is an excellent product but the dust repellent component of Perfect Clarity should put it a notch above. On a purely personal note, I've been a big fan of IG for a long time, and I'm thrilled that we now have an aerosol glass cleaner that will easily go toe to toe with it, and offer that extra feature in the process.

zbestwun2001
Jan 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Michael, will this be available locally?

MortalDays
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Tried to find Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner @ Walmart & AutoZone but they don't have it yet.

510GUY
Apr 26th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Tried to find Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner @ Walmart & AutoZone but they don't have it yet.

I've been looking for it at WalMart and Kragen/Oreily's in San Diego. No luck yet and this is April. I have 4 bottles of NXT Trigger from the Meguiar's Trailer at the Coronado Speed Fest 3 years ago when I bought a case on the last day. I like aerosal's when I travel because they are easier to find a place for (don't have to stand them up). Also, as someone has said, aerosols are easier and less messy when doing the inside of thie winshield. I'd like to buy this, but if I can't find some before my Spraywash gives out, I will have to by some Stoner's. The only other option woud be ordering some through my local PBR house, Tri City Paint. I hope this product doesn't suffer the same fate as NXT Window clearner that you had to buy direct or from a Meguiars Distributor (Morrow Bay Car Show - 2007).

ChevysLastSled
May 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Picked up a bottle today, works great.
I never knew this stuff had a dust repellant. Big plus for living in Texas.

ARCStig
May 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Would this be able to remove scales from windows? :) My windows have these little scaley rings all over them, Haven't found anything to take them off yet...:( Might be nice to have somthing that removes scratches too, like ScratchX for windows! :D

Murr1525
May 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
it may help, but you probably would do better with some vinegar on a cloth, clay, or a paint cleaner like Ult. Compound and a smooth foam pad.

ARCStig
May 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks, I think I have some vinegar, dose it matter which kind? :)

ARCStig
May 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ok I tried vinegar on my windows today, had absolutely no effect, I used Distilled White Vinegar, Like I said in my previous post, I don't know if it matters what kind, thats all I have.

Murr1525
May 31st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Just plain old white is what you would want.

Claying an be good for glass, but sounds like Ult. Compound would be worth trying. Not sure for more stubborn than that.

ARCStig
May 31st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Well I have a clay bar, but have never tryed it on my windows. Thanks for the tips. :)

Michael Stoops
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Vinegar and/or claying are only going to work if the water spots are simple mineral deposits sitting on the surface of the glass and not tenaciously bonded to the glass. In that case you're going to need something much more aggressive, and that's where things like Ultimate Compound or even M04 Heavy Cut Cleaner come into play. But we've also seen water spots that were literally etched into the glass, and removing those requires leveling of the surrounding glass - not an easy task to accomplish, even with highly specialized tools and techniques.

ARCStig
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
That really stinks. My glass is still smooth, just has these really faint spots, which dissappear when it gets wet. :) But when it dries, they start to show up again. :( It's safe to use Ultimate Compound on Glass? I thought stuff like that was only good on paint. So I haven't tryed anything like that...

GhOsT1321
Jun 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Ultimate compound and other such cleaners formulated for vehicle paint, and especially clear coats or SS paint, are safe on glass. The abrasiveness are made for clear coat or SS paint, which is a bit softer than glass.
I believe that there are auto glass compounds out there, but that would be my last resort. Buffing something as hard as glass can be challenging.

jfelbab
Jun 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I have been known to follow D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate with D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. Since it was time to mix up a new batch of glass cleaner I decided to try a mix of D120 with a couple ounces of D156 and I got a great glass cleaner that leaves the glass super slick and streak free in one step. I'm not one who tries to outguess Meg's chemists but this mix rocks. It cleans well and buffs smooth and drag free. This is my new favorite glass cleaner solution.

ARCStig
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks! I will try this! :D

BillE
Jun 15th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I just used PC Glass Cleaner for the first time yesterday.

Like so many folks, I had picked up the Christmas Gift Pak (had a small spray bottle of PCGC). Have been a loooog time user of Stoner's Glass Cleaner, I was (in truth) leary of trying something, actually anything new. As Mike Phillips says, "Find a product you like and use it."

As I reached for my bottle of Stoner's, no bottle! "She" had used it up...grumble grumble. To the Meguiar's I went.

Needless to say, FANTASTIC results! Easy on, easy off, could not be more happy! When you say Perfect Clarity, you mean it.

I most deferentially will be picking up a BIG bottle.

Good job Meguiar's!

Bill

thescreensavers
Dec 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I finally got to try this product out today. Aerosol cans do not like my garage from the heating and cooling from parking my car and tend to not spray well after a bit, so I wanted to try a Spray instead.

This stuff is great so far, its really hard to get it to streak at all and it leaves a lubricating layer ontop. So far it has worked really well on everything I have tried.

Another Fantastic Meguiars Product :)

kiwiatlarge
Dec 18th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I have recently bought both forms of the PCGC. I found it particularly good on an outside door of my house which hasn't been cleaned since longer than I'd like to admit. The aerosol can soaked the grime right away, like an engine cleaner, and then I followed up a secondary spray once I'd wiped the residue off with the spray bottle.

I'm actually quite happy with the 2012 products I've recently bought, even if it has taken almost a year to get them here.. The wheel brake dust barrier is fantastic stuff, and the window cleaner is the best I've tried... The Gold Class spray products I guess I can either take or leave... not sure whether I can tell much difference from the Ultimate Lineup... but in theory they should look better on my car, and seem to be cheaper here than the Ultimate lineup, going on the prices I've seen locally...

EPHIOS
Jan 28th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Does anybody know what local stores PCGC available at? I been searching every where here in Las Vegas, and I can't seems to find it. Thank You!