–Less aggressive than APC
–RTU
–More thorough cleaning that D180

Part Number: D18101
Size: 1 gallon
MSRP: $27.99

aerogt01
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:41 AM
Would be D181 and D180 be considered a "tag team" for production detailers then?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:49 AM
Would be D181 and D180 be considered a "tag team" for production detailers then?Absolutely! D180 is great as a light cleaner and quality dressing but as you probably know it's not a real heavy duty cleaner. D181 will take care of the heavier soiling much more effectively and, since you will need to follow it up, D180 should still have a place in your arsenal.

Teak
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Absolutely! D180 is great as a light cleaner and quality dressing but as you probably know it's not a real heavy duty cleaner. D181 will take care of the heavier soiling much more effectively and, since you will need to follow it up, D180 should still have a place in your arsenal.
I had the same question. Thanks for the answer.

Detale
Oct 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Safe for un-finished leather?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Un-finished leather can be a bit tricky depending on the tanning process, dyes used, etc. If you're working on such material we highly recommend testing in an inconspicuous area first.

Detale
Oct 31st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Un-finished leather can be a bit tricky depending on the tanning process, dyes used, etc. If you're working on such material we highly recommend testing in an inconspicuous area first.
Thanks, Mike.

How would the cleaning power compare to APC+ @ 10:1?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Definitely more cleaning power than APC+ @ 10:1 - exactly how much is a bit hard to quantify, but you will definitely notice a difference.

Detale
Oct 31st, 2011, 01:51 PM
That's great to hear, Mike. Most dedicated leather cleaners I've tried haven't had much cleaning power.

Detale
Nov 1st, 2011, 04:38 PM
When will this be available?

PPLd
Nov 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Is this the professional/bulk version of Leather and Vinyl Cleaner G18516?

Michael Stoops
Nov 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
When will this be available?This could be one of the earlier shipping items, possibly as soon as early December. I'd have to double check on that one though but being at SEMA right now that's a bit difficult!

Detale
Nov 2nd, 2011, 04:20 AM
This could be one of the earlier shipping items, possibly as soon as early December. I'd have to double check on that one though but being at SEMA right now that's a bit difficult!
No biggie! Have fun at SEMA!!!!!

Michael Stoops
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Is this the professional/bulk version of Leather and Vinyl Cleaner G18516?Not exactly but it is similar and a bit stronger.

heysa
Jan 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
When is this product going to be available... I have been watching for months!!

Michael Stoops
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM
It's looking like late February by the time it makes through distribution and is available for sale through your favorite retailer, online or otherwise.

rwright
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I just picked up a 32oz. sample of this from a vendor in Pittsburgh, PA. I will be putting it to use very soon and wanted to know if it leaves a residue behind that needs to be cleaned up with a damp towel or something like Quick Interior Detailer? I understand the Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is recommended, just asking for general knowledge. Thanks!

Murr1525
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM
If it is your last/only step, a dry towel could be a good idea, but thats about it.

There is nothing that is meant to be a 'protectant' kind of residue in it.

rwright
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
If it is your last/only step, a dry towel could be a good idea, but thats about it.

There is nothing that is meant to be a 'protectant' kind of residue in it.

I should have clarified, sorry. I meant does it leave behind a residue that's typical of say, APC's? There's nothing specific on the label other than it's recommended to follow up with the cleaner/conditioner for the protection. Thank you though. :)

Michael Stoops
Aug 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
No, you needn't worry about any sort of residue that needs cleaning up with this product.

rwright
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
No, you needn't worry about any sort of residue that needs cleaning up with this product.

Fantastic! Thank you sir. :)

posmond
Aug 11th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Can we have an AMEN!

Meticulous-Detail
Aug 12th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I just picked up a 32oz. sample of this from a vendor in Pittsburgh, PA. I will be putting it to use very soon and wanted to know if it leaves a residue behind that needs to be cleaned up with a damp towel or something like Quick Interior Detailer? I understand the Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is recommended, just asking for general knowledge. Thanks!

Keep us posted on how you like it and what dressing you use after it. I haven't picked up D181 or D180 yet but will in the future.

rwright
Aug 19th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Keep us posted on how you like it and what dressing you use after it. I haven't picked up D181 or D180 yet but will in the future.

Will do. The truck and car that I worked on after picking this up both had cloth. I have a detail scheduled tomorrow with leather but I may have to cancel it due to a last minute brake job on our Regal right before vacation. September is filling up quickly though and most have leather.

auto_addict
Sep 27th, 2012, 06:01 AM
are d180 and d181 both non-whitening? for use on perforated seats?

Michael Stoops
Sep 27th, 2012, 01:57 PM
are d180 and d181 both non-whitening? for use on perforated seats?
Yes, both are fine for use on perforated leather. But even so, it's always best to apply the product directly to your applicator (pad, folded towel, etc) and apply that way rather than spraying directly onto the leather.

auto_addict
Sep 28th, 2012, 05:31 AM
thanks alot.