PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic X Press Liquid Wax

Michael Stoops
Oct 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Synthetic X Press Liquid Wax

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1910/synth_xpress_wax.gif

Product attributes:

Wipe on & off
Long lasting hydrophobic protection
Deep Dark Wet Shine
No dusting
Can be applied to wet or dry car
Hand/DA application
Working a 2’ x 2’ section at a time, apply product using a clean soft applicator pad, orbital or DA Polisher. Immediately wipe off with a microfiber towel; no need to let dry to a haze. Can be applied to paint, glass and chrome for durable hydrophobic protection.

Part Number: D15701
Size: 1 gallon
MSRP: $32.00

aerogt01
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Lemme guess:
Much easier to work with and longer lasting than the previous version?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Lemme guess:
Much easier to work with and longer lasting than the previous version?Yes, and yes. And in all honesty, your use of the word "much" is appropriate. :)

aerogt01
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Yes, and yes. And in all honesty, your use of the word "much" is appropriate. :)

Good. I never bought the original partially for the above two reasons. Looks like I might be giving this one a shot!

Shawn T.
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:58 AM
So what kind of durability are we expecting? Something similar to M26?

aerogt01
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
I would guess slightly better than the spray version. But that's just a guess.

Shawn T.
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Cause if it is something like 4 weeks this would be my new go-to wax for wash and waxes for clients.

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
So what kind of durability are we expecting? Something similar to M26?
In some cases it may be longer due to the fact that this is a synthetic.

I would guess slightly better than the spray version. But that's just a guess.Good guess!

Cause if it is something like 4 weeks this would be my new go-to wax for wash and waxes for clients.Then this may well be your go to for clients cars when they're looking for a quick correction and wax, or just a wash and wax. The whole application/removal process here is very quick!

mongo
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:33 AM
the words can be applied via DA got my attention is that different than the consumer ultimate quick wax.

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM
The consumer Ultimate Quik Wax is a spray product, like D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. This new D157 is Synthetic X-Press Liquid Wax, replacing our old X-Press Liquid Wax. Because it's a liquid it can easily be applied via DA. But whether you apply by hand or DA it's basically a wipe on, wipe off product.

davey g-force
Oct 31st, 2011, 11:46 AM
This looks interesting.

How would you rate the durability and ease of use compared to D156?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 11:52 AM
Durability will exceed that of D156 but nothing beats a spray on, wipe off for speed and ease of use. Still, compared to other liquid waxes, this one is going to be a very fast on/off, which can be critical in an environment where speed and efficiency are of primary concern.

Bjkearns
Oct 31st, 2011, 12:12 PM
So is this like a cross between M20 and X-press liquid wax?

tapp1
Oct 31st, 2011, 12:25 PM
Does this have any "filling" capabilities or cleaners?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 12:44 PM
So is this like a cross between M20 and X-press liquid wax?No, it's more like a liquid version of Ultimate Quik Wax Spray

Does this have any "filling" capabilities or cleaners?Zero cleaners, other than whatever action you may get out of your pad and DA. As for filling abilities, that's always sort of a funny question. Anything you apply to the finish were you intend to leave something behind (ie, waxes, sealants and pure polishes) has the potential to fill in fine defects to some degree. If the surface is prepped to darn near perfection anyway, who cares if a product has the ability to fill? If the surface is not prepped to perfection then something that can fill is probably a good thing. That said, this product, just like UQW, can indeed hide some fine marks if you choose to leave them where they are.

Bjkearns
Oct 31st, 2011, 03:06 PM
So this is like a quicky wax that is meant for the professional line
Would it behave well as a sacrificial layer on top of something like M21 or Ultimate Liquid Wax

This seems like it would be a good dealership wax on new cars?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
So this is like a quicky wax that is meant for the professional line
Would it behave well as a sacrificial layer on top of something like M21 or Ultimate Liquid Wax

This seems like it would be a good dealership wax on new cars?
If you really like the look of M21 or Ultimate then you probably don't want this or anything else on top of it. It's really meant as a very fast on and off product when time is of the essence. And that's usually the case for dealer prep, volume reconditioning, or the pro detailer doing fast maintenance programs for his customers when a full detail is not being purchased.

DetailFreak517
Oct 31st, 2011, 08:16 PM
Soooo how does this present a major advantage over something like D301?

Shawn T.
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:35 PM
It's much faster.

Michael Stoops
Nov 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM
Soooo how does this present a major advantage over something like D301?D301 is generally going to be used as part of the two step DA Microfiber System while this is essentially a maintenance wax that is super fast on and off, basically wipe on, wipe off. Now, if you're currently using D301 in that way, you like it, and it's working well for you the you might to just stick with it.

CumminsCrazed
Nov 1st, 2011, 08:05 PM
ok so, this is a super fast wipe on/wipe off products, and its the liquid version of UQW/SXSW.

Now, my next question, being as your talking how fast this is and how its essentially wipe on wipe off do you NOT allow this to dry before removal? or is drying.hazing an optional step on this product

Glen871
Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'd like to know as well if this product can be allowed to haze before removing. Would I be able to do the whole vehicle with this before wiping it off?

Michael Stoops
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
I'd like to know as well if this product can be allowed to haze before removing. Would I be able to do the whole vehicle with this before wiping it off?You can, yes, but in many production environments they demand a true wipe on, wipe off so we delivered. If you prefer to cover the whole car first and then wipe it will be ready to go the moment you put the buffer down.

dtuna42
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Hey Michael-

Just curious- I'm not asking to give up any proprietary secrets of course... what, generally speaking, allows a wax (or sealant) to work immediately, versus needing to cure and/or haze over? And just because it does work this way, would that mean it's definitely better this way, or would letting it haze over offer any kind of benefit?

Thanks!

aerogt01
Nov 10th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Michael-

Just curious- I'm not asking to give up any proprietary secrets of course... what, generally speaking, allows a wax (or sealant) to work immediately, versus needing to cure and/or haze over? And just because it does work this way, would that mean it's definitely better this way, or would letting it haze over offer any kind of benefit?

Thanks!

All that really means is it tends to bond to paint very quickly. You have to remember, a coating of wax is whisper-thin so you aren't leaving that much behind on a sealant/wax that you DO let dry. D151 is the same way. It can be wiped off wet, or left to dry. I find that if I do let it dry it is easier to wipe off, and durability might be a bit better.

Will you get better durability if you do let it dry? Hard to say. There's only so much sealant bonding that can happen according to chemistry.

marspe
Nov 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Is X-Press Liquid Wax still Water based like UQW? Or did that change when you made it into a liquid?

Michael Stoops
Nov 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM
Yes, it is still, technically, a water based product.

accord2011black
Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
can i put this on a spray bottle? like UQW?

Bjkearns
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
can i put this on a spray bottle? like UQW?
no
it is applied like a normal liquid wax IE M21 or A12 Cleaner wax

It is a booster get it out the door wax

It is pretty much designed for dealerships/auctions
They need something that is super easy to apply,quick to use, and everything else is secondary

the product "shines" in a high volume low time environment

Michael Stoops
Dec 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
no
it is applied like a normal liquid wax IE M21 or A12 Cleaner wax

It is a booster get it out the door wax

It is pretty much designed for dealerships/auctions
They need something that is super easy to apply,quick to use, and everything else is secondary

the product "shines" in a high volume low time environment
Great answer, Joseph, and nice word play at the end!

styles
Dec 16th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Does this stain trim or is it like UQW/D156, ULW, NXT?

Michael Stoops
Jan 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Staining should be absolutely minimal with this product as it does have some relation to the UQW, ULW family.

KidDetailer
May 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
i'm having problems deciding between using this or the Hi tech yellow wax (1gal) for my little buisness I run.

Just reading this thread, I'm not sure how confident I am with this D157. There are also no reviews yet of anyone using this product.

evomacky
May 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I use it as my regular/bi-weekly wax and never have a problem with staining. its well worth it.

naradhya
Oct 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM
When will these products be available in India?