PDA

View Full Version : Car Care Corner: How and why to clay bar your car - by Mark Kleis, Leftlanenews

Markus Kleis
Nov 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone,

As some of you know, in addition to moderating here on Meguiar's Online, I also pay my bills with some automotive journalism on a site called LeftLaneNews (think fast lane, not political leaning).

I recently started a series of car care-related articles, with the newest going live today. I would love it if you could stop by, watch the video, and leave feedback on Leftlanenews in the comment section! Feel free to comment here, too, of course!

Here is the article containing the video on how and why to clay bar your car (http://www.leftlanenews.com/car-care-corner-how-and-why-to-clay-bar-your-car-video.html).

If you want to see the previous two articles, the first was a basic introductory article titled "Car Care Corner: An introduction to the art of automotive detailing, found HERE (http://www.leftlanenews.com/car-care-corner-an-introduction-to-the-art-of-automotive-detailing.html). The second was a "How to wash your car" (http://www.leftlanenews.com/car-care-corner-video.html) article and video.

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Garage Troll
Nov 11th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Beautifully written Mark! You covered everything including the differences of mild and aggressive bars. I really liked how you addressed claying the windows, too. That is something that is often overlooked.

Thank you for spreading the car care word :)

Markus Kleis
Nov 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Beautifully written Mark! You covered everything including the differences of mild and aggressive bars. I really liked how you addressed claying the windows, too. That is something that is often overlooked.

Thank you for spreading the car care word :) Thank you, and I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

greg0303
Nov 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Great articles, Mark. :doublethumbsup2

Very few people know how to properly wash their cars and what clay bars are for. Your series will certainly introduce them to many new aspects of car care. I enjoy reading it as well.

Marc08EX
Nov 11th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Great article and video Mark! Thanks for sharing this with us. Must be great being able to do a job that's related to something you really love. I'm sure this will help a lot of newbies on the proper ways of claying the paint.

STRIFE
Nov 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
great stuff, I'll be sure to check it out often!

I CU2
Nov 13th, 2011, 03:08 AM
So yesterday I clayed my car for the first time and used Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay kit.

I kinda used up the whole bottle of Quick Detailer on my medium sized car :l, is that normal?

Hemin8r
Nov 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Great job Mark! You've pointed out some great tips. One thing I also like to do is clay the exterior glass of the vehicle.

Markus Kleis
Nov 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Great articles, Mark. :doublethumbsup2

Very few people know how to properly wash their cars and what clay bars are for. Your series will certainly introduce them to many new aspects of car care. I enjoy reading it as well. Thanks!

Great article and video Mark! Thanks for sharing this with us. Must be great being able to do a job that's related to something you really love. I'm sure this will help a lot of newbies on the proper ways of claying the paint. Thanks..that's my goal:)

great stuff, I'll be sure to check it out often! Thanks a bunch!

So yesterday I clayed my car for the first time and used Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay kit.

I kinda used up the whole bottle of Quick Detailer on my medium sized car :l, is that normal? Well, that does seem a bit severe, but I guess not unheard of if it was really, really bad. I probably use a quarter of a bottle on most cars, but it can vary.

Great job Mark! You've pointed out some great tips. One thing I also like to do is clay the exterior glass of the vehicle. Thanks Jesse! Gotta love the difference on clayed vs non-clayed glass!