PDA

View Full Version : Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

TonyMazz
Apr 7th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I am not sure if others ever tried this, but the natural shine vinyl and rubber protectant works awesome in the engine compartment.

Tried it after a degreasing event and touched up a few areas and it shines beautifully like brand new...so I kept going and after I was done, the motor compartment looks like I spend hours in there.....

It's pretty funny to open the hood on my 1999 blazer (which I use nothing but Mequiars products on) and now display my engine and hear people say wow...what year is this ?

My wife tells everyone that I have a personal realation ship with my cars......she's right !!!

Anyway found a new use for Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

travisdecpn
Apr 7th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Great tip, I'll have to give that a try sometime.

Mad iX
Apr 7th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Hey, same here.
It's great in the engine bay on the appropriate parts. I don't like using it inside the car because I think it's too shiny and I prefer GC Dash/Trim foam for the interior.
I've also tried it on tyres and wheel wells and it works alright but it's best for the engine bay imo.

Tim Lingor
Apr 7th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Hey TonyMazz

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :welcome

Interesting idea! I have to admit, I have never tried the Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant in an engine compartment! Hmmm...something else for me to try...

Tim

imacarnut
Apr 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
i actually prefer the natural shine (use it for the dashboard & tires, and leaves a nice thin matte without being too greasy) over the nxt cockpit shine/tech protechtant, etc... way underrated product! :cool:

Lt1Corvette
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I have been using it in the engine bay for a while. Works really well. I also prefer it on the tires to anything else. Leaves a good dark shine.

hpjunkie
Apr 7th, 2005, 07:09 PM
That stuff is great! I love it, I have thought of taking it to sleep to detail t ther car in my dreams.:db:

Also, Welcom to the boards mate!:cool:

rpalena
Apr 9th, 2005, 04:31 AM
I picked up this product at my local Pep Boys and used it under hood. Was very happy with the results, especially on the hoses.

rusty bumper
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Good to hear some positive feedback on this product.

I've always liked it........Works great on tires.