PDA

View Full Version : waterless wash

Noncom23
Jul 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Did a search without much return. Anyone here use waterless washes
on their bikes? Tips?

Buck91
Jul 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I use ONR at the QD dilution for most of the cleaning on my bike. Except the vinyl seat it cleaned and treated with 303. Although today she got a nice bath with Meg's Gold Class followed by waxing the chrome and paint with NXT2.0 :)

Detailing by M
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Pretty much my goto on bike is a waterless wash. I have 4 to chose from and they work fine.

NewBaby
Apr 18th, 2013, 11:28 PM
This sounds great. I have never tried it. I’m so glad I have found this.

EB3551
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
For what it's worth, I'm going to try Meguiar Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere spray on my bikes -- that is bicycles. I'm hoping that the product will do a good cleaning job without affecting the decals, cable housings, coated aluminum, wiring for the bike computer, etc. I hate to wash my bikes, due to the exposed drive line and other mechanisms that are better off not getting wet (off-road bikes are much better this way, but my bikes are all road bikes.) I've tried one product specifically made for bicycles, and I wasn't impressed. I've been a Meguiar fan for years for my cars, so let's see if the Ultimate Wash & Wax does the job on my bikes I'll post my results here.

Michael Stoops
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM
For what it's worth, I'm going to try Meguiar Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere spray on my bikes -- that is bicycles. I'm hoping that the product will do a good cleaning job without affecting the decals, cable housings, coated aluminum, wiring for the bike computer, etc. I hate to wash my bikes, due to the exposed drive line and other mechanisms that are better off not getting wet (off-road bikes are much better this way, but my bikes are all road bikes.) I've tried one product specifically made for bicycles, and I wasn't impressed. I've been a Meguiar fan for years for my cars, so let's see if the Ultimate Wash & Wax does the job on my bikes I'll post my results here.
Have you tried this yet? We would expect you to see excellent results. I raced bicycles for about a decade (road, MTB, track) and would have killed for a product like this to clean them back in the day.

zirconx
Jul 21st, 2014, 10:38 AM
I've been using Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere on all 4 or my motorcycles. I just started using it about a month ago. I use it on the painted surfaces, the plastics, the seat, and even on the exposed metal parts of the engine. I'm pleased so far.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2271_8471019

tom turner
Aug 23rd, 2018, 03:02 PM
i buffed my 2003subaru with number 2fine and then applied miracle glaze 26. What is a good spray to use once a week until the next time I need to polish it. I don't know how long that will be here in s. florida tt