PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Purpose Cleaner

Michael Stoops
Oct 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/mpc.png

Product Attributes:

Remove tough grime, grease and tar: both inside and outside your car
Delivers best in class cleaning capabilities, yet safe on carpet and fabrics
Great for general cleaning for engines, wheel wells, tires, vinyl, rubber and chrome
Simply spray and wipe or rinse stains away
Solvent free
Biodegradable
No dyes

Size: 24 oz.
Part Number: G9624
MSRP: $5.99

Marc08EX
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
How different is this than APC/APC+?

Alfisti
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Is it strongly alkaline or is it based on limonene?

Shawn T.
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I'm thinking a nice addition for Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere!

Now they have the waterless wash, the window cleaner and tire and wheel cleaner. Throw in the Meguiars Tire Foam and you have a great combo for a waterless wash on pretty much any vehicle in any weather! (except rain :P)

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Any difference from the APC's, or just based on them?

STRIFE
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I think this item was targeted at the occasional car guy/gal browsing the automotive aisles in Walmart or Target?
I love my gallon of APC+ and cannot see a need for this RTU item in my arsenal....but the bottle looks nice though...

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
This is derived from APC in the Detailer Line but is packed as ready to use here. Strife, you pretty much nailed it - you guys who are forum regulars tend to be so far ahead of the "average consumer" that you've been using this for years.

But the "average consumer" population is staggering compared to those of you who frequent detailing forums, and offering a product that addresses their needs is important to us since there's so much volume to be had in that market. We certainly aren't forgetting about you guys because you exhibit the passion we love so much - which is a big part of the reason why M101 is now available in the US.

But even forum members who are starting out in this hobby want to get their hands on products like APC but they don't always want to order online, and they don't always want a gallon of something that they then have to dilute. This gives them a ready to use option of essentially the same great product.

jarred767
Oct 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM
Seems like a great product, wish I had need for it but APC+ is more than adequate. Plus the cost effectiveness of APC is amazing and I love how different dilutions can be used for so many different things. However, this is great for consumers and something that I can refer a customer to when they're amazed from the results of APC+ and want to keep up there car between more extensive details.

Michael Stoops
Nov 1st, 2012, 06:54 AM
However, this is great for consumers and something that I can refer a customer to when they're amazed from the results of APC+ and want to keep up there car between more extensive details.Spot on, Jarred - we like the way your mind works!

Marc08EX
Nov 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Which dilution is it closely related to? 4:1 or 10:1?

Vettefan
Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Is this new cleaner product safe for use on leather and/or vinyl upholstry?

Murr1525
Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, the APC's are safe on the leather seats and vinyl.

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Which dilution is it closely related to? 4:1 or 10:1?
10:1

Is this new cleaner product safe for use on leather and/or vinyl upholstry?
While the product is safe, the biggest mistake people make with any cleaner on leather is that they spray it on and then scrub like crazy with a terry towel, to the point where they literally wear away the coating on the leather. They then blame the product. So, while this product is perfectly safe to use on leather and leather, how you use it (or any other cleaner from any other manufacturer, for that matter) is as important, if not more so.

Vettefan
Nov 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Understand... And you are right about "correct application" Bottom line, I guess the rule is don't go crazy with it or any other cleaner. Thanks MIke!!!

Vettefan

Vettefan
Nov 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Understand... And you are right about "correct application" Bottom line, I guess the rule is don't go crazy with it or any other cleaner. Thanks MIke!!!

Vettefan

I am thinking this cleaner may be good to use to remove white wax residue on exterior plastic & rubber trim parts. Also, to remove the slippery silicone residue from interior areas like dash and arm rests?

Your thoughts and input always welcomed.

Vettefan

jarred767
Nov 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I am thinking this cleaner may be good to use to remove white wax residue on exterior plastic & rubber trim parts. Also, to remove the slippery silicone residue from interior areas like dash and arm rests?

Your thoughts and input always welcomed.

Vettefan

I can't vouch for it personally, as I've obviously never used it yet, but if it is truly a direct replacement for APC, then yes it should work for both of these applications. I usually use APC+ diluted at 7:1 to get wax off of trim that someone has left on there for long periods of time. :wall: If the wax has been freshly applied and you are taking care of the wax on the trim in a timely manner, then this should be able to get rid of it quite easily (again, assuming that it works in the same manner as APC).

DAC17
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Can this product be used for dried dog drool (yuck) on the plastic trim around the windows of a Ford Focus? As Michael pointed out, I'm one of those who doesn't want to buy a large container of APC.

Thanks.

Murr1525
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Sure.

Vettefan
Nov 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I can't vouch for it personally, as I've obviously never used it yet, but if it is truly a direct replacement for APC, then yes it should work for both of these applications. I usually use APC+ diluted at 7:1 to get wax off of trim that someone has left on there for long periods of time. :wall: If the wax has been freshly applied and you are taking care of the wax on the trim in a timely manner, then this should be able to get rid of it quite easily (again, assuming that it works in the same manner as APC).

Thanks! This has always been an issue when working on cars. Especially since they have discontinued #39.

Vettefan

Vettefan
Nov 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Great! Thanks!!!

Murr1525
Nov 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hmm.. maybe just need to add some marks on the bottle for bulk refilling after....

Michael Stoops
Nov 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Especially since they have discontinued #39.

VettefanYou know, I've heard this rumor several times in the past 3 or so years and I don't know where it's coming from. I just confirmed once again (to the point where people around here are starting think my memory is going!) that M39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner has NOT been discontinued.

STRIFE
Nov 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
yup, M39 still available at ADS & AG
Personally, always mask off my black trim before waxing or polishing

Car Potential
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
the APC would be great to clean wheels (rims) right? I think people said some of the specifically designed wheel cleaners may stain rims but the APC wont stain whether its chrome or aluminum, right? Also, I just use GC wash to clean my wheels but once in a while I will clean a family members car and the wheels may have some built up dirt. Thanks

Murr1525
Jan 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM
If just using the Gold Class soap, spraying the wheels with the Brake Dust Barrier really helps.

And yeah, APC can be used for tires, wheels, wheel wells.

Mark73186
Feb 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
I was told today by 2 shops that called distributors and then called you guys directly (2 shops plus myself!) that d103 is discontinued!

CumminsCrazed
Mar 9th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Michael, can this stuff and/or APC+ be used on a matte finish wheel without creating a "shine" or hurting the wheel surface (if uncoated) Heres the wheel im talking about

Its an MHT Fuel Boost wheel - the ysay its coated and has a matte black finish with milled/machined marks around the spokes and wheel lip
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/ChevyRednecK2500/2001%20Dodge%20Cummins/Wheels%20and%20tires/IMG_3321.jpg

Michael Stoops
Mar 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
APC at 10:1 should be perfectly safe on those wheels. The product itself won't create a shine on matte/satin black wheels, but if you start scrubbing that surface aggressive with a terry cloth towel, for example, you could very well start to impart a less than uniform and slightly more glossy finish. But for routine cleaning - should be no problem at all.

But...... we have two cars at home with matte/satin black wheels, all in very good shape (they're both new sets in the past year or so) and I find that our Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner is awesome on them! I also do routine light dust removal with Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere and even use Ultimate Quik Wax on them; again, no problems with adding unwanted gloss to the finish.

CumminsCrazed
Mar 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
really?? the UQW wont add any gloss at all to the finish???? Is the alum. wheel cleaner the least harsh cleaner that you make in the hot rims line? i dont remember hah!

Murr1525
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Yes, Aluminum Wheel Wash is the mildest.

And UQW probably adds a little shine, but not enough to worry about. Or permanent gloss.

h_bomm
Jan 10th, 2014, 05:11 PM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/mpc.png

Product Attributes:

Remove tough grime, grease and tar: both inside and outside your car
Delivers best in class cleaning capabilities, yet safe on carpet and fabrics
Great for general cleaning for engines, wheel wells, tires, vinyl, rubber and chrome
Simply spray and wipe or rinse stains away
Solvent free
Biodegradable
No dyes

Size: 24 oz.
Part Number: G9624
MSRP: $5.99

What ever happened to this one? I've never seen it anywhere, online or at brick and mortar stores.

Elvin
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:25 PM
+1

ice_manxxx
Apr 9th, 2015, 06:09 AM
How about the nozzle foam ??is it foam more???I want more foam...which sprayer are foaming best?? G9624 aka Multi-Purpose Cleaner consumer line ??G9524 aka Hot Rims

ice_manxxx
Apr 9th, 2015, 06:19 AM
How about the nozzle foam ??is it foam more???I'm sorry for double post, I can't edit my post above...I want more foam...which sprayer are foaming best?? G9624 aka Multi-Purpose Cleaner consumer line ??G9524 aka Hot Rims all wheel tire cleaner??D20101 APC bottle Detailer line ??