PDA

View Full Version : DynaCone Polisher

Michael Stoops
Oct 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/G15700_DynaCone.png

Product Attributes:

Highly durable tool
Unique design to get into large and small areas
By separating tool and liquids, we allow consumer to use polish they may already have and lower price
Better packaging to highlight tool

Part Number: G15700
MSRP: $22.99

juliom2
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Foam is very durable, after cleaning with foam pad cleaner looks like straight out of the box!

davey g-force
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Good idea separating the tool from the compounds :xyxthumbs

h_bomm
Feb 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Anybody know when this will be available?

STRIFE
Feb 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Hey Mike Stoops...do you know who has it avail online?

LWW
Mar 18th, 2013, 08:21 AM
How well does this work on clear coated wheels?

Nick Winn
Mar 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
This product is not designed or recommended for clear coated or painted wheels. This is for polish-able metal only, essentially polished aluminum or chrome. More information regarding this product's use can be highlighted in the following below link:

Meguiar's Quik Tips Video Series - Quick and Easy Wheel Polishing (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?49149)

LWW
Mar 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I was wondering about using it with regular wax?

Markus Kleis
Mar 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM

You mean on the body of the vehicle/paint? It is not the right type of foam for that application. If you mean using this to apply wax to a wheel, it wouldn't really make sense to do it that way.

Detailing by M
Mar 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM

I guess you could but as Mike stated it's for polishing metals. The clear coat on your rims is still paint. so For wax I'd just apply by hand. The new Break dust barrier is a great product and it adds shine too.
If your trying to get some scratches out maybe a 3" pad will work for the most of the rim and you can do the rest by hand.

szladob
Nov 5th, 2014, 05:34 PM
This product is not designed or recommended for clear coated or painted wheels.

Dear Mike - sorry to bring up this older thread (when you have enough of our questions to answer regarding all the new cool products), but i was similarly trying to make my clear coated wheels really shiny with the yellow small foam pad and UC before applying BDB for the winter. The polishing worked well, but could only apply pressure and have adequate surface for parts of the wheel. So was also wondering to use the dynacone (which I haven't purchased yet, as no other use for it for me) with UC or D300. I fully understand that this product wasn't designed for it, but is there a specific reason why you don't recommend trying? How does the foam density compare to the yellow foam pad (the current one, not the brand new)? Many thanks!

szladob
Nov 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Dear Mike - sorry to bring up this older thread (when you have enough of our questions to answer regarding all the new cool products), but i was similarly trying to make my clear coated wheels really shiny with the yellow small foam pad and UC before applying BDB for the winter. The polishing worked well, but could only apply pressure and have adequate surface for parts of the wheel. So was also wondering to use the dynacone (which I haven't purchased yet, as no other use for it for me) with UC or D300. I fully understand that this product wasn't designed for it, but is there a specific reason why you don't recommend trying? How does the foam density compare to the yellow foam pad (the current one, not the brand new)? Many thanks!