http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/WhiteWax_Mock2.png

Product Attributes:

Specially formulated for light-to-white paint
3-in-1 functionality - Cleans, polishes and protects
Focuses on cleaning the paint, increasing brilliance
Easy-on/easy-off user experience
Contains SMAT for a safe yet thorough cleaning
Contains carnauba and polymers for quality protection
Comes with double sided applicator (foam, terry for deep cleaning) for versatile application
"White cars need love too!"

Size: 7oz. tube w/applicator pad
Part Number: G6106
MSRP: $10.99

Alfisti
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
More cut/cleaning for white...nice.

imz4n
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Silver is almost white

1994Gen1L
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Really stoked about this product, can't wait to try it on my 1994 Oxford White CC F150.

Shawn T.
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I guess this is more focused on just getting the paint clean. That's usually what white paint really needs anyway.

I find it interesting that this comes with a terry applicator and the Black Wax does not. That must come from the focus of the White Wax being on cleaning the paint and the Black Wax's focus on creating the smoothest paint surface possible (visibly reducing swirls, micromarring and creating as smooth a surface as possible to allow the best reflections).

Oh right, plus there's Meguiars patented Black Magic formula which makes black cars look awesome!!!!

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Silver is almost white
Yes, it is, hence......

Specially formulated for light-to-white paint
Since lighter colors, from light blue to silver, gold, yellow, pale greens, etc really benefit from a deep cleaning to really enhance the brightness of the colors, White Wax is formulated with SMAT abrasives to do just that. So if you're thinking that this is basically a cleaner wax, you're right - but because of the SMAT abrasives in it, it's a very potent cleaner wax, much more so than even ColorX or M66. While this may be marketed to the "average consumer" looking for a good wax for a light colored car, for savvy forum members it's going to be a killer one step when used with a buffer.

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Shawn, you're spot on regarding the double sided applicator included here. The extra bite from the applicator helps with the cleaning ability of the product.

aerogt01
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Looks like Megs has another answer to the DG 501 craze!

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:12 AM
How about compared to ColorX by hand?

DUDE007
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hi, all.
This sounds like a cleaner wax to me. Will it remove single stage white paint?

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:46 AM
How about compared to ColorX by hand?
Now how did I know you were going to ask this question, Mat? Because of the SMAT abrasive load in this, it's actually a good bit more potent than ColorX.

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hi, all.
This sounds like a cleaner wax to me. Will it remove single stage white paint?First off, welcome to MOL!

Yes, this can be classed as a cleaner wax, but it's a pretty potent cleaner wax due to the SMAT abrasives in it. Single stage white tends to be incredibly hard because of the titanium dioxide used as the pigment, so trying to fully correct defects in it by hand is tough even with a dedicated compound, let alone a cleaner wax. But White Wax should help dramatically with the removal of embedded dirt and other things that dull down the color and steal it of the vibrancy it once had.

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Now how did I know you were going to ask this question, Mat? Because of the SMAT abrasive load in this, it's actually a good bit more potent than ColorX.

Of course... Just need the best cleaner/wax for when I do some waxing by hand as well...

Sounds like a possible replacement, esp with varying how passionately you apply the wax.

STRIFE
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Since I have 2 white cars and a "light" colored van....I will order this asap........even though I have a gallon of M66, sample size (32oz) bottle of PRC, on top of the bottle of UW, M21, and GCLW.....i just wonder about the small 7 oz size tube?

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah, bit of a tube theme this year....

I assume it spreads pretty thin like the Ult. Wax?

BTLew81
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Looks nice. Having a white car I am very interested. My question is, seeing as the durability will probably be ok at best, is it possible to "top" this product with something like UPW or any other non-cleaner wax?

davey g-force
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
So if you're thinking that this is basically a cleaner wax, you're right - but because of the SMAT abrasives in it, it's a very potent cleaner wax, much more so than even ColorX or M66. While this may be marketed to the "average consumer" looking for a good wax for a light colored car, for savvy forum members it's going to be a killer one step when used with a buffer.

I REALLY like the sounds of this! :xyxthumbs

Psynx
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM
finally something for my white s2000!!!!! woot:thankyou1

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Better be able to top it... ;)

I am sure it wont be a problem.

1994Gen1L
Oct 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Bingo! Thinking the exact same thing. I just purchased a bottle of DG501 to use this coming spring. I need to purchase the White Wax as well.

Tuck91
Oct 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
This product looks promising.

aerogt01
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Bingo! Thinking the exact same thing. I just purchased a bottle of DG501 to use this coming spring. I need to purchase the White Wax as well.

Except Duragloss looks to be a LOT cheaper per ounce. Hmmm...

1994Gen1L
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Still hoping for for an Ultimate AIO some day soon.

BTLew81
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Any additional thoughts on topping? Collinite 845? Though I would be most interested in how ULW/UPW would work over this.

Alfisti
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
It sounds like the consumer version of D151, just pricier.

imranhakro
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Since lighter colors, from light blue to silver, gold, yellow, pale greens, etc really benefit from a deep cleaning to really enhance the brightness of the colors, White Wax is formulated with SMAT abrasives to do just that. So if you're thinking that this is basically a cleaner wax, you're right - but because of the SMAT abrasives in it, it's a very potent cleaner wax, much more so than even ColorX or M66. While this may be marketed to the "average consumer" looking for a good wax for a light colored car, for savvy forum members it's going to be a killer one step when used with a buffer.

Is it a good idea to top it up with a sealant? Or do you expect any bonding issues?

Secondly, can you please shed some light on it application procedure? I mean Is it supposed to be worked into the paint with some passion behind the pad or simple application like a finishing wax?

And Finally, In case if i apply it with DA, what Pad would you recommend?

Michael Stoops
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Looks nice. Having a white car I am very interested. My question is, seeing as the durability will probably be ok at best, is it possible to "top" this product with something like UPW or any other non-cleaner wax?As with any other wax there is no real need to top it with another wax or sealant, but if that's what you like, go for it.

Yeah, bit of a tube theme this year....

I assume it spreads pretty thin like the Ult. Wax?On and off like butter, yes. Super easy to work with.

Any additional thoughts on topping? Collinite 845? Though I would be most interested in how ULW/UPW would work over this.As per usual, all of our products are cross compatible, so if you really want to top this with our Ultimate Wax, go for it. If, on the other hand, you're using another brand of synthetic sealant and they insist that the surface be totally devoid of any other product before application, then we suggest you follow that manufacturers recommendations.

Michael Stoops
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:58 AM
It sounds like the consumer version of D151, just pricier.
There is a certain similarity in that both are technically cleaner waxes, but the user experience is very different with White Wax and D151 - the White Wax is a much smoother, butter like application, wipes off easier and offers a bit more protection.

Michael Stoops
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Is it a good idea to top it up with a sealant? Or do you expect any bonding issues?As mentioned above, if you have a favorite sealant you like to use, by all means do so. If you feel there would be any bonding issues with a sealant you use (although, honestly, we have yet to actually see any one show a reduced bond when applying a sealant over a wax) because of a manufacturer's recommendation, then follow their directions for prep and use. No issue with any of our sealants, though.

Secondly, can you please shed some light on it application procedure? I mean Is it supposed to be worked into the paint with some passion behind the pad or simple application like a finishing wax?

And Finally, In case if i apply it with DA, what Pad would you recommend?As with any cleaner wax, you need some passion to maximize its potential. This wax uses SMAT abrasives so it should prove highly effective at cleaning and light defect removal, which is almost always easiest to accomplish with a buffer. If you do apply this with a DA you could use either a light polishing pad (more noticeable defects) or a finishing pad (very light defects) at speed settings between 3 and 5, depending on what you're trying to accomplish the hardness of the paint, etc.

Michael Stoops
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:04 AM
We posted this in the Black Wax thread but want to include it here as well for those who are following the White Wax thread more closely. To put White Wax and Black Wax in perspective with our A12 Cleaner Wax, this graphic should help:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/waxcomparison.png

You can see that both of these new waxes offer a lot more protection than Cleaner Wax does, but White gives a whole lot more cleaning ability while Black gives a lot more polishing ability.

GoZoner
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
[Never mind...]

wslwang
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Let's say if my car is clean? May I use black wax to boost some shine based on this ?

We posted this in the Black Wax thread but want to include it here as well for those who are following the White Wax thread more closely. To put White Wax and Black Wax in perspective with our A12 Cleaner Wax, this graphic should help:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/waxcomparison.png

You can see that both of these new waxes offer a lot more protection than Cleaner Wax does, but White gives a whole lot more cleaning ability while Black gives a lot more polishing ability.

Soarer5
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Let's say if my car is clean? May I use black wax to boost some shine based on this ?

Unless you have newly sprayed paint, there is no reason why you can't use it.

Michael Stoops
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM
While you certainly could, you might actually want a more premium product to use on a white car in excellent condition. Something like Ultimate Wax or NXT Tech Wax are still polish/waxes but since they're pure synthetics they'll last longer than either White or Black Wax. But Black Wax is certainly an option in that case.

BTLew81
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Mike...cure time needed before topping?

Ultraman
Oct 31st, 2012, 04:02 AM
I apply UPW once a week after washing. If I get White Wax, do I apply this once a month? At this rate, is it safe for my clear coat in the long term?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Mike...cure time needed before topping?Not really, no. Since it's not a full synthetic you don't have that whole cross linking of polymers to worry about if you choose to apply another wax on top of this.

I apply UPW once a week after washing. If I get White Wax, do I apply this once a month? At this rate, is it safe for my clear coat in the long term?Really? Why are you using so much wax? As for frequency of use with the White Wax, depending on how you apply it there should be no issues with clear coat life. Now, if you decide to aggressively apply it with a DA and polishing pad every week you might run into trouble down the line, but we don't expect anyone to treat a vehicle this way.

If you're taking really good care of your finish you shouldn't need to use a strong cleaner wax more than 2 or 3 times a year.

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM
We want to be sure and point out a couple of things about these two new waxes:

1 - There are no dyes or colorants of any kind in these waxes. We expect that to be a concern with the Black Wax especially, but it is nothing like that other black wax on the market.

2 - These are sort of like paste waxes in a tube; think about the delivery of toothpaste from a tube and you're really close. The tube is a metalized material so you can roll it up from the bottom, just like a toothpaste tube (which you all roll up from the bottom, right????). The wax itself has a consistency somewhere between what you expect from a true paste and a true liquid, but once you get it on a pad, either a hand pad or a DA pad, it spreads like warm butter. Both will dry to a light haze quite quickly and wipe off is very easy.

79elcamino
Oct 31st, 2012, 09:16 AM
if the car has a clear coat on it whats the point of having a wax for a color when you dont work on the colored paint you work on the clear coat??

Soarer5
Oct 31st, 2012, 09:41 AM
if the car has a clear coat on it whats the point of having a wax for a color when you dont work on the colored paint you work on the clear coat??

For example we can look at a white and black car, which one easily shows dust, dirt, and grime? We all know white doesn't give off the same deep reflection as black does. The color behind the clear is important. The new White and Black Wax is keeping things simple for the everyday consumer.

GhOsT1321
Oct 31st, 2012, 11:43 AM
if the car has a clear coat on it whats the point of having a wax for a color when you don't work on the colored paint you work on the clear coat??

I believe it has little specifically to do with the colors but more the appearance of the colors. For example, any car that shows scratches any other imperfections easily would likely benefit more from black wax, where as a color that tends to hide imperfections would benefit more from white wax. Another factor to consider would be that darker colored cars absorb much more UV rays than lighter color cars, so they need polishing oils more often to address the oils being dissolved by UV radiation (like the cholesterol in our skin) or simply dried out.
In short, white wax is for vehicle paint that primarily need defect removal, with a lesser emphasis on polishing oils, while still having a high quality long lasting wax.
Where as, black wax is for vehicle paint that primarily needs polishing oils with a lesser emphasis on defect removal, while still having a high quality long lasing wax.
I see these as higher end AIOs with an emphasis either on defect removal, or paint conditioning with polishing oil.
We also need to remember that most of Meguiar's products and marketing is designated towards the average Joe, not a highly knowledgeable enthusiast. It's simplified to make the choice of "What product do I need" easier for the average person.

Murr1525
Oct 31st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Most forum members here would probably enjoy the Black Wax most on their white car, since their car will already be clean.

But a little extra cleaning ability for a daily driver could be handy in any color, eps by hand.... so I have a feeling I will try the White one.

But the average Joe doesnt know that...

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM
As the other guys have pointed out, these aren't "colored waxes" per se, but rather formulated for what "light to white" and "dark to black" colors need most. Hence the more aggressive cleaners for lighter colors in order to brighten up the color, and the higher polish load for darker colors to enhance the richness of color.

That does not mean you can't use them flipped around, so to speak. If youk've got a darker colored paint that is showing some fine swirls, etc then using the White Wax with a DA and a yellow polishing pad could be the better choice at that moment for that paint.

But GhOsT1321 totally nailed it with this comment: It's simplified to make the choice of "What product do I need" easier for the average person.

79elcamino
Oct 31st, 2012, 05:40 PM
gotcha

Jomax
Oct 31st, 2012, 06:51 PM
How does it compare to D151?

Alfisti
Nov 1st, 2012, 03:41 AM
How does it compare to D151?
Michael answered it before...

There is a certain similarity in that both are technically cleaner waxes, but the user experience is very different with White Wax and D151 - the White Wax is a much smoother, butter like application, wipes off easier and offers a bit more protection.

juliom2
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:31 AM
This is quite a resume for both in theory....

Quote:
"the more aggressive cleaners for lighter colors in order to brighten up the color,
and the higher polish load for darker colors to enhance the richness of color."

M.Stoops

Jomax
Nov 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ah sorry, some reason didn't see that post. Thanks

BTLew81
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Mike...would you say this is "pad dependent?" Meaning, if one doesnt want to utilize the SMAT abras. as much, could you use a finishing pad to just use it as a strong cleaner?

Murr1525
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
A milder pad, less working time, less pressure would all decrease the effective abrasiveness.

youther
Nov 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Will definitely be getting this. Have a White Surburban that I can't wait to use it on.

Michael Stoops
Nov 6th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Mike...would you say this is "pad dependent?" Meaning, if one doesnt want to utilize the SMAT abras. as much, could you use a finishing pad to just use it as a strong cleaner?Yes, but this could be said of pretty much any product on the market to some degree. But if you just use it with a finishing pad you may be losing out on some serious cleaning and defect removal ability. For example, the info below was taken from our post about the TNOG event last week where we played with some of the new products:

People have asked if they could use the cleaning ability of White Wax on a darker colored car. Well sure you can! Remember, this new White Wax is essentially a cleaner wax that uses SMAT abrasives, so it's got a lot of cleaning power. Here's a before shot of some swirled blue paint.
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2067/2012_11_01_TNOG_302.jpg

One application of White Wax and the swirls are almost completely gone. No, it's not a substitute for a full, dedicated paint cleaner like Ultimate Compound, but for a one step this is a huge result!
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2067/2012_11_01_TNOG_301.jpg

davey g-force
Nov 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
^^ Nice. I'd like to try this on my silver dd...

93Vette
Nov 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'm liking the sound of these 2013 products.

Golden
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:42 AM
This is going to be a huge hit for Meguiar's. Now that I have a white truck, and my wife has a white vehicle, This will be on my shelf next to the NXT 2.0.

Maybe I have missed it, but what kind of scent does it have? :)

TSXWench
Nov 17th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I'd like to try this on my silver TSX, although I'm not sure it could look any more AWESOME than it already does!:chuckle1

BTLew81
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:51 PM
How does this compare to UP?

Murr1525
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Well, Ult. Polish is a cleaner/polish, while this is a cleaner/polish/wax... so a bit different.

The cleaning ability could come out close, or even stronger with this product though.

DUDE007
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:49 PM
First off, welcome to MOL!

Yes, this can be classed as a cleaner wax, but it's a pretty potent cleaner wax due to the SMAT abrasives in it. Single stage white tends to be incredibly hard because of the titanium dioxide used as the pigment, so trying to fully correct defects in it by hand is tough even with a dedicated compound, let alone a cleaner wax. But White Wax should help dramatically with the removal of embedded dirt and other things that dull down the color and steal it of the vibrancy it once had.

Thanks for the welcome and the information, Mike!

Zcar
Dec 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Clay bar or cleaner wax? I have a bright silver 370Z that's a year old, is garaged, no visible swirls, no door dings or scratches and only 3 or 4 small rock chips. I'm 75 and it's getting a little harder to take care of the car but I still clay bar in the spring and again in the fall and wax occasionally with NXT and like to keep the car looking good. Should I give up the clay in favor of white wax or should I use them both? Also how about an in between color such as my son's solar orange 350Z (which was mine before the new silver 370), white or black? And how about the hand applied paint pin striping he has on the car? Will the cleaner wax destroy it?

GhOsT1321
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Clay bar or cleaner wax? I have a bright silver 370Z that's a year old, is garaged, no visible swirls, no door dings or scratches and only 3 or 4 small rock chips. I'm 75 and it's getting a little harder to take care of the car but I still clay bar in the spring and again in the fall and wax occasionally with NXT and like to keep the car looking good. Should I give up the clay in favor of white wax or should I use them both? Also how about an in between color such as my son's solar orange 350Z (which was mine before the new silver 370), white or black? And how about the hand applied paint pin striping he has on the car? Will the cleaner wax destroy it?

Do not give up the clay in favor of White Wax. White Wax is a cleaner wax formulated for lighter colored cars because they tend to need more defect removal and less polishing oils. To decide on which wax to use, if you want to choose between Black Wax or White Wax, look at the car in the sun. If there are many light to medium scratches in the CC then White Wax would be best, if there are little, or many very fine scratches, then likely Black Wax would be best. If your son's 350Z has a lot of scratches, use White Wax, if little or barely noticeable, go with Black Wax. Regarding pin striping, I cannot say for sure if it would be safe.
If you have no visible swirls, then use Black wax if you want to check out one of these new waxes, however NXT 2.0 will likely have longer lasting protection.

Zcar
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks Gh0sT. I was thinking that White Wax being an aggressive cleaner might negate the use of a clay bar or vice versa.

Murr1525
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Clay bar or cleaner wax?

Well, both... they do different things. Though if your car is well cared for, it shouldnt need clayed as often.

I have a bright silver 370Z that's a year old, is garaged, no visible swirls, no door dings or scratches and only 3 or 4 small rock chips. I'm 75 and it's getting a little harder to take care of the car but I still clay bar in the spring and again in the fall and wax occasionally with NXT and like to keep the car looking good.

It may by worth trying one of the new fine clay towels... could be easier to hold than a clay bar, if that gave you trouble.

Should I give up the clay in favor of white wax or should I use them both?

Well, in theory, a good 'complete' detail would look like:

1. Wash
2. Clay if needed
3. Cleaner/wax (white or black)
4. Wax

Now, of course you may want to skip a step if all the work is a bit much at once. Doing something like the White Wax once in a while, with the Nxt at other times would be reasonable.

Also how about an in between color such as my son's solar orange 350Z (which was mine before the new silver 370), white or black?

White is just a stronger cleaner, black is just more polishing oils.

So if the car is in great shape, not much dirt etc, then Black Wax would be fine for every color, including white.

Remember, these are just products for the average consumer, where it just happens that white often needs a stronger cleaning to look good.

And how about the hand applied paint pin striping he has on the car? Will the cleaner wax destroy it?

Probably best to wipe over it very gently by hand.

Zcar
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks once again Murr for your thoughts. I didn't know about the clay towel so I'll check that out. So far I've been able to keep the paint in pretty pristine condition but I'll probably adjust when I can get some of the Black wax.

Michael Stoops
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Clay bar and cleaners do two different things - clay is for above surface bonded contaminants and cleaners, whether dedicated paint cleaners like Ultimate Compound or cleaner waxes like White Wax, are designed to address below surface defects like swirls and fine scratches. You should continue to use both as needed.

Both the White Wax and Black Wax can be used on any color vehicle, depending on what you're really trying to accomplish. For example, if your son's Solar Orange car has some fine swirls, then the White Wax is going to be better at removing those, but if not, then Black Wax will add more polish and quite possibly enhance the color a bit more.

As for the painted pinstripes on your son's car, as with any abrasive you want to be careful around those stripes. A single use of a cleaner wax, hand applied, shouldn't be a problem, but the more aggressive your application, and the more often you apply, the greater the chance of reducing the thickness of those stripes. We've seen plenty of painted pinstripes that have been abraded down to almost nothing, so a little caution and common sense is called for when dealing with them.

Zcar
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks Michael. I'll be looking for some of the new wax when it's available here.

Barry N
Dec 26th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Wonder if Canadian retailers will have it available ?

ericccc
Jan 1st, 2013, 03:15 AM
Hi,
I have a couple of questions, i got a white color car, it's solid not metallic.
and after few months driving the car, i found that there are dirt ingrain in the paint some of the area,
i got ultimate wash and wax and ultimate quik wax, it doesn't remove it,
so if i purchase below these three, which one did you recommend, "ScratchX 2.0", "Ultimate Compound", "White Wax"

and another question,
if i use White Wax, since you all said white wax is like cleaner wax, so can i use white wax like once a month? is it will thinnest down my paint?
can white wax use frequently like ultimate wax?
after i use white wax, can i use ultimate wax on top of it? since white wax has less polymers right?

Michael Stoops
Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Welcome to MOL, ericccc!

The embedded dirt you're seeing in your white paint is exactly the sort of thing that this new White Wax is designed to address. Car washes and spray waxes are just not formulated to handle this sort of issue, which is why Ultimate Wash & Wax and UQW didn't correct it. The same could be said for virtually any car wash and spray wax on the market though - that simply isn't their purpose.

White Wax is a fairly potent cleaner wax that should quickly remove embedded dirt, and with regular use it will prevent the accumulation of this and keep the paint looking bright and clear. It usually doesn't take a very aggressive approach to remove embedded dirt, especially if you're staying on top of it, so even regular hand application of White Wax isn't going to compromise the life of your clear coat. For routine use (ie, monthly application), you're going to be safer with White Wax than with Ultimate Compound, but UC is going to be needed once swirls and other defects start to show up. But compounds should not be used as a monthly process; yearly should be all that's needed if you're washing/drying process is done right.

If you wish to use Ultimate Wax on top of White Wax, you most certainly can.

imacarnut
Jan 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
What are the directions for use with this product (I would be using it with a DA)? Can you work it in and wipe off immediately, or does it need to dry to a haze before removal? Sorry if this has been addressed, my computer is working real slow on here.

Michael Stoops
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM
What are the directions for use with this product (I would be using it with a DA)? Can you work it in and wipe off immediately, or does it need to dry to a haze before removal? Sorry if this has been addressed, my computer is working real slow on here.
Depending on how bad the paint is you could use either a finishing pad or polishing pad, with speed anywhere from 3 to 5 and pressure from light to moderate. If you have some light swirls you could easily run the tool at speed 5 with a polishing pad and actually remove a surprising amount of those swirls, then maybe slow down to speed 3 to finish. The product should be allowed to dry to a haze, so you can cover the entire vehicle before wiping off.

Remember, this is basically a SMAT abrasive cleaner wax, so if you get aggressive with it it can do some pretty remarkable cleaning and light defect removal.

imacarnut
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Depending on how bad the paint is you could use either a finishing pad or polishing pad, with speed anywhere from 3 to 5 and pressure from light to moderate. If you have some light swirls you could easily run the tool at speed 5 with a polishing pad and actually remove a surprising amount of those swirls, then maybe slow down to speed 3 to finish. The product should be allowed to dry to a haze, so you can cover the entire vehicle before wiping off.

Remember, this is basically a SMAT abrasive cleaner wax, so if you get aggressive with it it can do some pretty remarkable cleaning and light defect removal.

Great explanation Mike, Thank You!

ericccc
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
i would like to ask, is ultimate quik wax same material and same output as ultimate wax? or similar? what's the different actually

Murr1525
Jan 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
It is similar.

The spray wax will be a thinner liquid, with less wax in it, allowing it to be sprayed.

The spray waxes dont give as much protection as a coat of liquid/paste wax, but can be used a bit more quickly. Often the spray waxes are used as a quick booster wax after washing.

ericccc
Jan 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM
when it will be launch at Malaysia. your country launch already?

Escape Artist
Jan 27th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Perfect timing for me - I just leased a 2013 Ford Edge with pearl tri - coat -because I'm an amateur would like any feed back on which was preferred by members with white tri coat Aka pearl tri - coat - I have seen others mention color x .

Murr1525
Jan 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Perfect timing for me - I just leased a 2013 Ford Edge with pearl tri - coat -because I'm an amateur would like any feed back on which was preferred by members with white tri coat Aka pearl tri - coat - I have seen others mention color x .

If everything looks good, with not a lot of dirt, defects, you may get even better results from the Black Wax.

But any of the cleaner/waxes would be good. ColorX is kind of the previous generation of cleaner/wax, and is definately a favorite for years.

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. a cleaner/wax - White Wax, Black Wax, or ColorX
4. Wax

makes for a great quick detail.

Escape Artist
Jan 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Cheers -cant wait to get started the weather is really bad at the moment so its just a grey salty mess in the driveway.

RPPM
Jan 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Will either White or Black wax stain black plastic trim and molding?

Murr1525
Jan 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Well, if going to be a mess after winter, you may like the extra cleaning ability of the White Wax.

RPPM
Jan 27th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Nevermind, I found Mike Stoops' comment that if allowed to dry it can stain trim, but if wiped off before drying, no issues.

LS1MONSTER
Feb 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I picked a bottle of the Meg's White Wax to use on my silver 02 Ford Taurus. Due to time constraints I was only able to use this on the front half of the car. Entire car was washed and dried. I clay bar'ed the front half of the car first, then on to the new white wax. First impression, it's like tooth paste, lol, I was expecting more of a liquid. I applied it by hand with the included applicator and let it haze. It goes on easy and comes off easy as well. I liked that I was able to see the where the wax was applied and where it was removed, a huge plus on white & silver cars!!! The finish left is so crisp and clear, I can't wait until I'm able to apply it to the entire car.

boblav
Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
I used White Wax today on my solid white '06 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup, which sits outside. The paint has been maintained, it's not perfect but I'd say well above average, I've only owned it for two years. I normally give this truck a full exterior detail every 3-4 months, wash, clay, polish & wax. Today I washed the truck, using my favorite wash-Megs Gold Class Shampoo & blue Lake Country sponges. Then I blew it off with my air blaster and dried the truck off with mf towels. Using Megs Last Touch Detailer diluted 2-1 and fine clay, I clayed all the top surfaces, front bumper & tailgate, the other surfaces felt fine. The with my Megs da & yellow polishing pad, set at 3.5, I started on one half of the roof, using moderate pressure. The product goes a long ways, it's easy to see the product coverage on the paint. I wanted to see how easy the White Wax was to remove before it dried, it just smeared and left a haze, which quickly dried and was then easy to wipe off. I finished the roof, moved onto the hood, front end, tonnue cover, tailgate & the sides, allowing the product to dry. I did get some wax on the black plastic trim, but I quickly removed it before it dried, no staining at all. There were a couple areas I had to do by hand, like the inside door sills, door handles & fuel door area. It was very easy to wipe off, and left the finish very shiny & slick too.
I really like to product, it's very fast & easy to use. The toothpaste type tube is different, I rolled it up from the bottom as I used it. I think I can detail this truck 5 or 6 times with one tube of White Wax.
As for it's durability, I have no idea yet.

davey g-force
Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
^ Nice, thanks for the review..

paulcr39
Apr 6th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I washed and clay barred my wife's silver 2007 Chevrolet TBSS. I then applied this fantastic new product via DA polisher on a 6" Lake Country white pad. I used moderate pressure with speed at 4.5 and made 4 passes. I used 4" focus pads for pillars and tight spots.Scottwax2 I'd say I eliminated 90+ % of the swirls in the finish. I also loved the ease of removal of the product. I did the entire vehicle before removing it. Temperature was about 70*F in my garage with 35% humidity. No issues what so ever but unfortunately no pics. I believe I can get 6 or more uses judging by the small amount of product used.

In a nutshell: it's an all in one...that works! IMHO: Meguiar's, you hit a home run with this one. :xyxthumbs

ericccc
Apr 12th, 2013, 07:11 PM
i just use the white wax on my solid ivory white car, my car due to very rainy and hot season in malaysia, it easily have embedded stain to the surface which can not remove by using wash&wax and quik wax, just now i use the white wax, it easily remove ALL the stain or whatsoever call the rain drop mark and many, but after remove the stain need to use a clean cloth to wipe off the removed dirty, continuously doing this, my car looks like a new car, and after that quickly apply the ultimate quik wax to enhance the polymer to prevent the rainy season able to last longer the shiny look. overall this white wax really nice and can use many times with 1 white wax, but sadly it can not remove the Tar, the buttom of my car got many the black dot, im not sure how to remove it, please advice.

BillE
Apr 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Try using kerosene or paint thinner on those tar spots.

You will have to re-wax the area(s) after using either product.

Good luck...

Bill

Detailing by M
Apr 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Tarminator, WD40 are cold solvents that are paint safe.
Kerosene will eat your paint if your not careful

Also on another point.
I've used White Wax on 2 vehicles so far. It's easy to use, cleans the paint well and leaves a nice shine.
I love it!

Rembo
Apr 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
OOC, where would White Wax fall on the cut scale for the SMAT product line up? Wondering if it is as agressive as UP but with less oils. Am thinking on trying the White Wax on a new car using a PC DA to remove DISO and maybe save one wax step (i.e. Wash>Clay>White Wax>Wax).

juliom2
Apr 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Apply thin and work in linear motion, really nice paste wax....

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05388_zps908eea8a.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05389_zpsfad09413.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05391_zps3e1a7cdb.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05390_zps60a6a7c8.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05392_zps7e478c2c.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05393_zps98a06872.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05394_zps18d1f717.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05395_zpse4f74f20.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05396_zps3c609503.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05397_zpsade7348b.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05398_zps441352c1.jpg

This paste wax on a tube is something else....

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05399_zps79cc4783.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05400_zps4132c069.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05401_zpsa47e59f3.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05402_zps2015cbe1.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05403_zps85d5abe4.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05404_zps1cf6d640.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05405_zpsa132fcb9.jpg

randyloope
Apr 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I have a black Tahoe with a number of scratches and swirls. What would be the best way to approach this issue? Should I use white wax as a first coat to hit the scratches as much as possible? Then, apply a second coat with the Black wax for polishing and addressing the swirls? Lastly, apply an ultimate wax for sealant and longevity purposes? Should a buffer be used with the white wax? Those are just my thoughts. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Murr1525
Apr 30th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Well, depends on how bad the scratches are.

If real bad, you would be best to do something like Ult. Compound. You could follow that with the Black Wax then Wax if you wanted, or some other combination of products.

If you were to try the White Wax, (or the UC), a DA buffer or the DA Power System would certainly help.

If you ended up just using the White Wax, I would just go to the regular Ult. Wax after using it.

juliom2
May 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Meguiar's White Wax Cleaning ability brings lighted color cars back to life, giving a clean/smooth feel to the touch plus a radiant shine. Awesome product, awesome price and awesome results from 2 coats. (hand applied).

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/b227cb65-f0a0-4584-bdd9-ed8943236c75_zpsf3e49ce1.jpg?t=1369678132

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/b59b1d38-555d-439a-9ec7-cf729e213931_zps4afcdfa8.jpg?t=1369678244

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/427d4e4e-7a61-4c8b-8dd8-ea65020b04a5_zpsbb811b01.jpg?t=1369678417

chiptouz
Jun 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
White Waxed my 2006 Honda Odyssey in Ocean Mist Mettalic this morning. The product worked great. I used the yellow pad on my g110v2 polisher on the 4 setting. Went on super easy and came off just as easy. I waxed the entire vehicle and then wiped it off. Meguiar's just keeps on knocking the ball out of the park with these new products. For a one step cleaner/polisher/wax this product does a great job. Will probably wash the van next weekend and then put a layer of ultimate liquid wax on it. We will see.

Thanks again Meguiar's!

Chip

ericccc
Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
i have a white wax, do i still need a ultimate polish? or not really necessary

Murr1525
Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
You really wouldn't use the Ult. Polish in a detail with the White wax.

wesleyoh
Jun 25th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Murr you told me that white wax cut is very close to UP on the other thread. (for my soft paint at the boot which was repainted)
For the rest of my car, i used 105 for initial removal of swirls and scratches with buff and shine MF cutting pad. and I will finish with a polishing pad with m205 or UP. Since my 205 and UP is finishing soon, could i get whitewax instead for this step if the cutting is really close to UP ?

Murr1525
Jun 26th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Yeah, any of those would be fine for regular detailing use, as far as the cleaning ability. The Ult. Polish and #205 will have more polishing oils, so that part is up to you.

- Wash
- Clay
- White Wax
- Wax

or:

- Wash
- Clay
- Wax
- Wax

wesleyoh
Jun 26th, 2013, 07:44 PM
im refering to replacing my current combo 105/205 with 105/WW.

Should it be possible and will i get similar result?

Murr1525
Jun 26th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Yes it is possible.

You will lose some polishing oils. So you may not get the same depth on darker colors.

It will be one less step, since it would could as the first coat of wax.

So you just have to determine for yourself if the time savings is worth the less polishing oils. That is just up to you. For absolute best results, individual steps will general be best.

MATHWIZ
Jun 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I purchased both the White and Black yesterday, I have a car club meet on Saturday. Figured the 8 year old white might need a little cleaning.
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~hurley/Camry/Small%20Cadwells%202.jpg

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~hurley/Camry/Small%20Cadwells%205.jpg

Charles

davey g-force
Jun 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM
^^ Looks great!

Michael Stoops
Jun 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM
^^ Looks great!
Yes it does!

wesleyoh
Jul 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I bought 2 white wax last week and started using the 1st tube. I keep it in my cupboard and the oil started to leak from the back of the tube.

Anyway I use ziplock back to prevent oil leak in my cupboard. Could I squeeze all the white wax into my empty NXT paste wax metal can?

I also want to know will whitewax stain plastic trim and do i need to tape them before applying whitewax?

Detailing by M
Jul 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I bought 2 white wax last week and started using the 1st tube. I keep it in my cupboard and the oil started to leak from the back of the tube.

Anyway I use ziplock back to prevent oil leak in my cupboard. Could I squeeze all the white wax into my empty NXT paste wax metal can?

I also want to know will whitewax stain plastic trim and do i need to tape them before applying whitewax?

Yes the tubes leak. My Black Wax especialy. So Meg's needs to fix the packaging.
Just about all waxes, especialy compounds/polish will stain plastic. Some more then others.
It's always a good idea to tape off areas you don't want damaged.

wesleyoh
Jul 8th, 2013, 07:30 AM
I thought as whitewax is new, meg might have made the all the new waxes not to stain plastic . Just like the ultimate wax...

Murr1525
Jul 8th, 2013, 08:20 AM
It is only the Ult. Liquid that does not stain, and Ult Quick Wax / Gold Class Spray Waxes.

blackstripe77
Jul 13th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Hi all

Just tested white wax on my Honda yesterday - great results, but as the paint was so dirty I went with UC anyways, and plan to maintain using white wax instead. Will try to post some photos I grabbed on my phone later.

My problem is I can't seem to get white wax to spread thin and evenly the way UWL does - I end up with a sort of "smearing" like the pad is "skipping" over tiny sections of paint rather than gliding over it. Am I applying it wrong? Not enough product? Linear or circular motion? Also doesn't seem to "dry". Does the swipe test apply to white wax?

Otherwise the wax cleans very well. Just want to know if its more difficult to apply and remove than UWL or if I'm using it wrong?

Additional info: temp was approx 30C/85F, relative humidity probably around 75%, worked in the shade.

Thanks!

davey g-force
Jul 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Were you applying it by hand or machine? Was the surface properly washed and clayed?

blackstripe77
Jul 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Washed with Gold Class, clayed, and compounded, all by hand. White wax applied by hand with the included applicator. Funny thing is the product seemed to spread better on my test panel that had not been polished with Ultimate Compound.

blackstripe77
Jul 15th, 2013, 07:48 AM
My questions are because I ran into a few issues during the application process, and while the results speak for themselves, it would be much nicer if things went more smoothly with the white wax on my next application. Apologies for the iPhone pics.

White Wax on left, Ultimate Compound on right (light is coming from the right side of the image, the results for white wax and compound were very close in reality)
All the crunk on the paint is literally the residue from 3 weeks of constant rain.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/blackstripe77/IMG_4647.jpg

Results (white wax + UW on the hood):

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/blackstripe77/IMG_4653.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/blackstripe77/IMG_4652.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/blackstripe77/IMG_4656.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/blackstripe77/IMG_4657.jpg

And the hood after a rainstorm:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/blackstripe77/IMG_4695.jpg

Murr1525
Jul 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Maybe almost spreading too easily if the surface was already cleaned?

blackstripe77
Jul 28th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Interesting thought. After two weeks constant rain I just retested it, still the same issue. Doesn't go on smooth on the first pass, but after a couple straight line passes with a little more pressure it smooths out. Maybe I just need to apply more product with more pressure.

Detailing by M
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Nice job on the Honduh, lol.

I've use a whole tube of WW on abute 5 cars/trucks and haven't had these problems.
So I'm going to say you need to tweak your technique.
More/less product, pressure, work area.
You need to find the sweet spot for your paint.

blackstripe77
Aug 25th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Sorry guys, new problem with white wax.

I've resorted to using some more product - makes it easier to apply. But its drying on me. I try to spread it thin, though not as thin as UWL. The instructions ay I'm supposed to let White Wax dried to a haze, but its so dry I can't remove it - even with Quik Detailer - and now appears to have left a bunch of swirls on the hood. Help?

I hope to be able to fix that with Ultimate Compound next week (used it twice and got pretty decent results - hard to tell on a white car though), but I think I'll be using white wax as a WIWO cleaner topped with UWL from now...

Detailing by M
Aug 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Sorry guys, new problem with white wax.

I've resorted to using some more product - ...
There's your problem. Everyone does this. You don't need to do that. It causes problems *** your finding out. Use WW to remove it. LIKE REMOVE A LIKE.

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I have also found application/removal of White Wax less than satisfying. It is so gritty that you really have to do a perfect job, or it's almost that you feel it left behind.

It does have some nice capabilities for removal of defects, but it's no longer a favorite of mine unless for a small spot.

Detailing by M
Aug 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
another problem with removal of wax is the cleanliness of the paint.
Claying only remove "surface" contaminates. The paint is still dirty. So if you have dirty paint and you apply a cleaner wax to it WITHOUT working the product into the paint and "clean" it, then the wax will defiantly stick to the dirty paint.

You need mechanical power to properly work a cleaner paint "into" the paint.
I never have removal problem of any wax, but I'm very experienced.
So work your areas very well and you'll see a big difference.

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 09:24 AM
another problem with removal of wax is the cleanliness of the paint.
Claying only remove "surface" contaminates. The paint is still dirty. So if you have dirty paint and you apply a cleaner wax to it WITHOUT working the product into the paint and "clean" it, then the wax will defiantly stick to the dirty paint.

You need mechanical power to properly work a cleaner paint "into" the paint.
I never have removal problem of any wax, but I'm very experienced.
So work your areas very well and you'll see a big difference.

I agree with that, if you work the white wax more, it does remove much easier. Therefore, we should probably just remember, if you're going to use white wax, put in the effort. If you aren't going to put in the effort and want to slop something on there, use something else.

jdavis92
Feb 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Thread Revival.

At the suggestion of the Meguiar's Hotline, I bought WW last fall when it was time to do a wash/clay/wax on my truck and the wife's new Impreza (both silver, both DD).

It seemed to work pretty well, but I don't have the trained eye of some others. I'm using a Ryobi 6" ROB with a MF bonnet.

Here's my question. I have a usable amount of NXT 2.0 left over and I was wondering if I could use it to top off the WW or if there is a better use for it somewhere in the mix.

Thanks.

marc otra
Feb 10th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Im going to treat my truck with my new da power system im using the 3 pads, can i use this wax (after the polishing step )with the black pad and that's it, or i still need to use the ultimate wax ?

The Guz
Feb 10th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Thread Revival.

At the suggestion of the Meguiar's Hotline, I bought WW last fall when it was time to do a wash/clay/wax on my truck and the wife's new Impreza (both silver, both DD).

It seemed to work pretty well, but I don't have the trained eye of some others. I'm using a Ryobi 6" ROB with a MF bonnet.

Here's my question. I have a usable amount of NXT 2.0 left over and I was wondering if I could use it to top off the WW or if there is a better use for it somewhere in the mix.

Thanks.

You can top off white wax with NXT if you like. It will give you a little more protection.

Im going to treat my truck with my new da power system im using the 3 pads, can i use this wax (after the polishing step )with the black pad and that's it, or i still need to use the ultimate wax ?

Yes you can use this as your wax. You do not have to put anything else over it. It will not last as long as ultimate wax. Completely your decision.

KBzPTGT
Mar 24th, 2014, 02:49 AM
How do you get this stuff out of the pads? I hit one pad with full strength Awsome APC & Dawn and one pad with full strength Awsome degreaser & Dawn. Then hand rinsed in hot water. Then a hot machine wash, cold rinse, air dryed and the pads still have an oily feel to them :(
Loving the product results BTW :doublethumbsup2

C8N
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:10 AM
I usually dump my pads in the car wash soap solution with a couple of shots of APC+ at 4:1.
I let it soak for a few hours and squeeze it out before throwing it in the wash machine.

KBzPTGT
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:11 PM
How do you get this stuff out of the pads? I hit one pad with full strength Awsome APC & Dawn and one pad with full strength Awsome degreaser & Dawn. Then hand rinsed in hot water. Then a hot machine wash, cold rinse, air dryed and the pads still have an oily feel to them :(
Loving the product results BTW :doublethumbsup2

I forgot to add, I left these to soak over night in the above solution. Then rinsed by hand in hot to the touch water.
Thanks

Escape Artist
May 7th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Finally Canadian tire started selling this - one application by hand on Ford edge (2013)White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic.Looks simply outstanding = very pleased.As others have mentioned a little goes a long way.

Nuclear
Feb 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM
I going to try this WhiteWax....my old routine (by Hand) was
ColorX, then topped it off with NXT2.0....

My question is, is WhiteWax or ColorX (by hand) for cleaning a white car?
....and ofcourse I'll topped it off with NXT2.0....
or is NXT2.0 not neccessary after using WhiteWax?

thank you.

davey g-force
Feb 22nd, 2015, 08:48 PM
White Wax is not only for white cars. It has a high cleaning ability, which is well suited to lighter colored paints, but can be used on any color.

ColorX and WW are both AIO's, so they provide some cleaning / correction, as well as protection. So if you don't have the time, they are a great one-step which don't require anything else on top.

Topping with a sealant like NXT or UW would offer more durable protection. Many do this because the NXT or UW will last longer than WW on it's own.

Then again... many say it's defeating the purpose of using an AIO, or on-step product. It's personal preference really. :)

ffboy
Feb 23rd, 2015, 08:23 PM
No problems topping white wax with NXT 2.0, I actually do something similar. I find that cleaner wax+sealant/wax combo gives great results without being too time consuming. I use black wax, and top it with either NXT 2.0 or Ultimate, maybe it's just me but I don't feel comfortable with the amount of protection Black (or White) wax has.

Nuclear
Mar 1st, 2015, 07:09 PM
I'll be working by hand,

and if I 'accidentally' leave a small amount on the black lining (weather striping, side mirror black plastics...etc....),
will this MeguiarsWhiteWax turn our BLACK moldings 'white'?????

The Guz
Mar 1st, 2015, 09:22 PM
I'll be working by hand,

and if I 'accidentally' leave a small amount on the black lining (weather striping, side mirror black plastics...etc....),
will this MeguiarsWhiteWax turn our BLACK moldings 'white'?????

Yes it will stain trim. Wipe it off right away from any rubber trim or textured plastic and you will be fine.

imacarnut
Jul 5th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Great product, very easy to use with excellent results. But please change the packaging/container it comes in. I had it leak all over and at times it's a pain to dispense.

KBzPTGT
Jul 6th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Great product, very easy to use with excellent results. But please change the packaging/container it comes in. I had it leak all over and at times it's a pain to dispense.

I make sure the top is on tight and hang upside down ;)

Hoytman
Aug 3rd, 2015, 08:45 AM
First off, welcome to MOL!

Yes, this can be classed as a cleaner wax, but it's a pretty potent cleaner wax due to the SMAT abrasives in it. Single stage white tends to be incredibly hard because of the titanium dioxide used as the pigment, so trying to fully correct defects in it by hand is tough even with a dedicated compound, let alone a cleaner wax. But White Wax should help dramatically with the removal of embedded dirt and other things that dull down the color and steal it of the vibrancy it once had.The SMAT abbrasives in White wax...for hand use as you eluded to in the above quote must either be really aggressive to even mention comparing it to a dedicated compound, OR there must be a lot of SMAT abbrasives in that tube.

Which brings up something I rarely see talked about; How much of the SMAT abbrasives are in a given product bottle vs another product with same abbrasives...Meg's of course.

With White wax being smoother (application and removal), according to your description, and offering more protection than D151, I ask these questions:

1. Does White wax have more or less cut than D15?

2. On the Meguiar's scale in comparison to other AIO's and/or polishes, where would you place its cut level?

While you certainly could, you might actually want a more premium product to use on a white car in excellent condition. Something like Ultimate Wax or NXT Tech Wax are still polish/waxes but since they're pure synthetics they'll last longer than either White or Black Wax. But Black Wax is certainly an option in that case.

3. Where would M20, M66, and D151 fall in the above graphic?

Yes it will stain trim. Wipe it off right away from any rubber trim or textured plastic and you will be fine.
So, White wax will stain trim only if not wiped off immediately. Thanks!

4. How about D151 staining rubber/plastic trim?

5. Do they still make White wax? I can't seem to locate any in stores.

Hoytman
Aug 4th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Bump:)

MichaelRS
Oct 5th, 2015, 12:31 PM
So where does its cleaning/correction ability or aggressiveness fall between Ultimate Compound and ultimate polish?

I'm on a tight budget and I wanted something with wax in it to put on after I clay and use Ultimate Compound on my car to protect it until I can buy the UP and UW and but a power buffer to apply it with.
And I was looking at the white wax if it was less aggressive than the Ultimate Compound so I wouldn't be working backward in that regard. Otherwise I would just going to throw some kind of a wax on it or maybe even use the regular cleaner wax that I do have...if that one is less aggressive than Ultimate Compound also.

I have to do it this in stages, day by day, as I'm slightly disabled and some days are better than others. So it might take me upwards two weeks to do my whole mini-can. But I don't want the paint sitting there exposed after using the rubbing compound during that time

davey g-force
Oct 5th, 2015, 01:57 PM
White Wax sits between UC and UP in terms of agressiveness.

MichaelRS
Oct 5th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Thank you. Kind of what I figured, but better to get an answer from somebody who knows.
My car, a white 2002 Sienna, actually looks pretty good after the Ultimate Compound, which you seem to hear about happening a lot in these threads, with people going right to the wax after using it, so I might skip ultimate polish altogether and just use a cleaner wax to hold me over until I next month pay when I pick up the ultimate liquid wax.

But I wonder, after waiting a month and just washing the car, do you think I would have to do some other preparation, besides just washing?
Would I have to repolish it anyway with UP so the wax would bond better?

The Guz
Oct 5th, 2015, 03:56 PM
You can apply UW on top of White Wax. It may affect the longevity of UW but it won't keep it from falling off the paint. You can even use a spray wax to maintain it until you wish to either apply it again or polish/seal.

You could actually use white wax a few times a year as it's durability is pretty good. I was at like 3 months and it was still doing ok. I ended up using a spray on water activated sealant after that.

MichaelRS
Oct 5th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Good ideas all the way around. It's always good options. And I see, by the graph, its like you say, the white wax is up there on the protection end.
Thanks again

Eldorado2k
Oct 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I'd just use the regular Cleaner Wax, since you already have it on hand. Also, you don't necessarily need a machine polisher to apply UW. It does just as good a job if applied by hand. Remember, there's no need for any added pressure while applying or removing Meguiars Ultimate Wax.

KY Gan
Dec 21st, 2015, 05:00 PM
Hi, I got a white car. I have some spot and some water streaks after a week driving it and then go for my weekly car wash. After washing this spots are left behind.
I would like to know, should I be using Cleaner Wax or White wax to remove this spots ? It can be done cause I have done it.
Then I will spray with Nxt Spray Wax for wax and end.
Just wondering if I will lose more paint by using white wax since I am doing this weekly and on specific spots area only and not the entire car. Thanks.

time007
Apr 8th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Is it ok to use for a gray or silver car?

The Guz
Apr 8th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Is it ok to use for a gray or silver car?

It can be used on any color.

Don
Apr 8th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Hi, I got a white car. I have some spot and some water streaks after a week driving it and then go for my weekly car wash. After washing this spots are left behind.
I would like to know, should I be using Cleaner Wax or White wax to remove this spots ? It can be done cause I have done it.
Then I will spray with Nxt Spray Wax for wax and end.
Just wondering if I will lose more paint by using white wax since I am doing this weekly and on specific spots area only and not the entire car. Thanks.

If you're doing this by hand, the paint you "lose" will almost be 0. By machine (PC or similar), White Wax or Cleaner Wax shouldn't remove enough paint to even worry about, especially if all you are doing is removing ABOVE THE SURFACE contamination, not trying to work out heavy scratches or swirls.