No dyes or colorants
Includes foam pad for easy application
"Black cars love polish!"

Size: 7oz. tube w/applicator pad
Part Number: G6208
MSRP: $10.99

Alfisti
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Love the packaging. More polishing oils and fillers for black??

Marc08EX
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Can this be applied using a D/A?

Shawn T.
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'm guessing more fillers? I'm very okay with that considering I don't like polishing often.

I'm also guessing it can be applied by DA with a 4 inch pad by putting the 4 inch pad in the container?

Looks promising though. What makes this different than White Wax though?

success
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM
What's the expected durability?

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Probably more polishing oils, less cleaning ability.

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Can this be applied using a D/A?Absolutely.

I'm guessing more fillers? I'm very okay with that considering I don't like polishing often.

I'm also guessing it can be applied by DA with a 4 inch pad by putting the 4 inch pad in the container?

Looks promising though. What makes this different than White Wax though?Well, if there is anything in here that you might consider a "filler" it would be the polishing oils. But it's not really designed to simply fill any more so than any other wax you leave on the paint. Remember, any time you apply anything to the paint that you intentionally leave some behind (sort of the definition of a wax or sealant) there is the chance for it to fill to some level. This product does contain some SMAT abrasives, but not to the level the White Wax does. It does have a much higher polish load than the White Wax does since dark colors benefit from that more. So the major difference between this and the White Wax is that this has more polish in it, White Wax has more SMAT abrasives.

As for application with a buffer, the product is actually in a tube not unlike a toothpaste tube, so dispensing onto a pad is simple. It spreads like butter and wipes off super easy, too. That goes for both the Black and White Waxes, by the way.

What's the expected durability?Durability is on par with Gold Class Carnauba Plus.

smack
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mmmm, UP/BW combo on my black BMW's

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Or black wax then Gold class...

smack
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
How about UC, UP, BW, GCCP, and the spray GC detailer. Mmmmmm

strader327
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Question, can this wax be used on a somewhat dark, metalic blue, like my "electric blue" Pontiac? Here is what it looks like. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FN27b80wHw

Murr1525
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:20 PM
It is just a cleaner/wax with a lot of polishing oils, nothing that can only be used on one color. Polishing oils help dark colors look good.

davey g-force
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I love this. Now I have a new wax for both my cars! :)

Michael Stoops
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Question, can this wax be used on a somewhat dark, metalic blue, like my "electric blue" Pontiac? Absolutely. You can use any wax on any colored vehicle, we just formulated this one with some extra polishing oils to enhance darker colors while the White Wax has more cleaners to brighten up lighter colors. Which one you truly need on your particular car is up to you. This wax does have some cleaning ability (nowhere near as much as the White Wax does, though) so you wouldn't want to apply this over a sealant or other wax as it would remove most, if not all, of that previous wax.

Detailing by M
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM
nice! I've got a couple of Bentlys that I'll try this out on

wifpd4
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Black Wax then Ultimate Wax?

mb911
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Black wax sounds a bit like Gold Class that always did such a phenomenal job on black as well being rich in oils.

I think it's pretty exciting that Meguiar's introduces these products and then clearly explains the thinking behind the white wax and black wax. We aren't left wondering the secret to each. Thanks Meguiar's! That information pushes me to buy both, otherwise, I might be confused. Meguiar's keeps it simple and easy to understand!

hacker-pschorr
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I have a feeling this will make polishing up the 2003 black Denali I recently purchased a whole lot easier.

Well done!!!

Alfisti
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
For those who want to top BW with another wax....why?

If you go down the 2-step path then UP followed by your fave wax.

Sounds to me as BW combines UP and wax into one convenient step.

Murr1525
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:45 AM
For those who want to top BW with another wax....why?

If you go down the 2-step path then UP followed by your fave wax.

The idea is that a detail covering all the steps would involve clean/polish/wax/wax.

So would be comparing:

1. Ult. Polish
2. Wax
3. Wax

or

1. a cleaner/wax
2. Wax

Michael Stoops
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Remember guys, there is some cleaning ability in this wax, not just the polish. To put it in perspective with the White Wax and Cleaner Wax, this graphic should help:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/waxcomparison.png

You can see that both of these new waxes offer a lot more protection than Cleaner Wax does, but White gives a whole lot more cleaning ability while Black gives a lot more polishing ability.

Alfisti
Oct 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Nice graphic...very helpful.

davey g-force
Oct 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
That really is a great illustration... thanks Mike! :xyxthumbs

BillE
Oct 31st, 2012, 04:04 AM
The picture REALLY answers a lot of questions!

Thank you Michael...

Bill

Poki
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:09 AM
Oh boy! I have a 2012 Buick LaCrosse Mocha Steel Metalic. The dilema is which to use!! White or Black.......Yeah yeah...get both..:dunno

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2012, 07:48 AM
We want to be sure and point out a couple of things about these two new waxes:

1 - There are no dyes or colorants of any kind in these waxes. We expect that to be a concern with the Black Wax especially, but it is nothing like that other black wax on the market.

2 - These are sort of like paste waxes in a tube; think about the delivery of toothpaste from a tube and you're really close. The tube is a metalized material so you can roll it up from the bottom, just like a toothpaste tube (which you all roll up from the bottom, right????). The wax itself has a consistency somewhere between what you expect from a true paste and a true liquid, but once you get it on a pad, either a hand pad or a DA pad, it spreads like warm butter. Both will dry to a light haze quite quickly and wipe off is very easy.

ChevysLastSled
Nov 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Sounds cool! I'm ready to use this on my Platinum gray V DUB.

mb911
Nov 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Remember guys, there is some cleaning ability in this wax, not just the polish. To put it in perspective with the White Wax and Cleaner Wax, this graphic should help:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/waxcomparison.png

You can see that both of these new waxes offer a lot more protection than Cleaner Wax does, but White gives a whole lot more cleaning ability while Black gives a lot more polishing ability.

Now if we could only continue this graphic with more Meguiar's products!

Lets see NXT polish & protect ratio next to these. Lets see Gold Class polish and protect ratio (and bit of cleaner?) next to these.

Love this diagram. If you finished the wax line with this diagram, it could really give us a new way to think of all the products!

ffboy
Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Nice... A wax designed for dark colors... Almost thought "Ok, just when I thought Meguiar's doesn't believe in waxes specifically for dark paint, they come up with a black wax, another wax with dyes that could be a mess to apply and have no durability".. Being an owner of a black car (yes, it is a privilage and a curse at the same time), this new black wax if it does a good job with those unsilghtly swirls is a welcome addition to my arsenal..

1994Gen1L
Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Now if we could only continue this graphic with more Meguiar's products!

Lets see NXT polish & protect ratio next to these. Lets see Gold Class polish and protect ratio (and bit of cleaner?) next to these.

Love this diagram. If you finished the wax line with this diagram, it could really give us a new way to think of all the products!

^^^ x2!

goldenlight
Nov 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Can this product be applied with a Dual Action Polisher? How long do cleaner waxes generally last? Hope it last as long as the liquid wax.

strader327
Nov 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Another majorly important question, what does this wax (and the white wax) SMELL like? :drool1:drool1:drool1

davey g-force
Nov 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Can this product be applied with a Dual Action Polisher? How long do cleaner waxes generally last? Hope it last as long as the liquid wax.

See below:

Absolutely.

Durability is on par with Gold Class Carnauba Plus.

OhioCarBuff
Nov 5th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Mr Michael Stoops, I see you stated that the white wax is more agressive in cleaning ability then Color-X and red bottle cleaner wax, how does the black wax compare in cleaning strength to red bottle cleaning wax and color-x? The reason I ask is for many many years I have been doing quick detail jobs for family and friends that don't want to pay for extensive corrections, they just want car to shine good and fast, and I use red bottle cleaner wax for finishes really good shape and color-x for slightly neglected finsihes, and I'm very familiar with cleaning ability of both of em. I'm thinking if someone brings me a dark colored car neglected and wants a quick cheap fast cleaning/wax to use the white wax. Can either of these be topped with NXT or Ultimate wax or #21 sealent?

Murr1525
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Based on the diagram, the Black Wax appears to be closest to the A12 (red bottle) Cleaner/Wax, so also milder then ColorX.

And yes, both can be topped with products.

OhioCarBuff
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Murr1525, I see the diagram shows its close to the cleaner/wax A12, Im just very curious if its at least has as much cleaning ability as Color-X because that would be amazing to have a product with that much cleaning ability plus the added bonus of extra extra polishing ability

Tom_BMC_03435
Nov 7th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'm definitely eager to get my hands on this product! Just to be clear, it sounds like this is a wax on/wax off type of product. I gave that Turtle Wax Black Box a try this past spring and was horribly disappointed, mostly that it's a multi-step process and took a lot more time than I'm used to. Will the Black Wax be just that one tube? If so, hope it's available soon!

Murr1525
Nov 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM
It sounds like you will want to wax and let dry, then remove as you would a regular wax.

Tom_BMC_03435
Nov 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM
That's what I'm thinking too, which is good. As a rule, I'm pretty pressed for detailing time before shows since I have to squeeze a little in between getting home from work and the sun going down.

Maybe Santa will leave me a garage for Christmas this year.

Murr1525
Nov 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
The Ult. Liquid Wax is more on/off, or of course the spray waxes.

GhOsT1321
Nov 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I'm quite excited for this product. I just realized that I have essentially been trying to make this product by mixing Meguiar's products. I have been looking for a wax that has a light amount of defect correction, while still having a quality lasting wax protection, and a large amount of polishing oils. I'm curious to see how my blend compares to this.

Alfisti
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Ho did you make your blend

Murr1525
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I dont believe there is a container, just a tube for these ones.

GhOsT1321
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Ho did you make your blend
I'm still playing with this mix, but the composition I wrote down (again, a work in progress) is as follows:
45% ULW
20% M26
5% GCC
20% UP
10% SwX

What I was trying to achieve was a AIO that could correct very minor defects, while having a lot of polish in it and wax that may act as a filler to hide scratches. I would personally rather hide scratches than buff them out, as I work by hand. I find that M26 hides scratches best out of GCC, ULW, and cleaner wax. The 5% GCC was an experiment, if you make this, add a little more M26 and leave the GCC out.
It's still a work in progress, if you or anyone modifies this and finds a composition that works better/differently, I would be ecstatic to hear it.
Edit: Also, when blending Megs products, it can be difficult to get them mixed up well, so be sure to mix/shake them up very well. There should be no discrepancy in the color.

Blackwolf_Oz
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I'm still playing with this mix, but the composition I wrote down (again, a work in progress) is as follows:
45% ULW
20% M26
5% GCC
20% UP
10% SwX

What I was trying to achieve was a AIO that could correct very minor defects, while having a lot of polish in it and wax that may act as a filler to hide scratches. I would personally rather hide scratches than buff them out, as I work by hand. I find that M26 hides scratches best out of GCC, ULW, and cleaner wax. The 5% GCC was an experiment, if you make this, add a little more M26 and leave the GCC out.
It's still a work in progress, if you or anyone modifies this and finds a composition that works better/differently, I would be ecstatic to hear it.
Edit: Also, when blending Megs products, it can be difficult to get them mixed up well, so be sure to mix/shake them up very well. There should be no discrepancy in the color.

Blackwax available Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G6207-Black-Wax/dp/B009OBW29S/ref=sr_1_775?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1353828070&sr=1-775&keywords=meguiar

1994Gen1L
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Blackwax available Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G6207-Black-Wax/dp/B009OBW29S/ref=sr_1_775?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1353828070&sr=1-775&keywords=meguiar

It also says that it usually ships within 1 to 2 months.

1994Gen1L
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:54 AM
45% ULW
20% M26
5% GCC
20% UP
10% SwX

Do you have any before and after pictures? What is the protection like?

Rocksteady-Rebel
Jan 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Whoa my head is spinning here.
Seems like many of you are using like a thousand steps to what seems to be an easy process...

Michael what other products would you recommend to use with this new black wax?
I see some people here doing all sorts of guru mixtures to improve what I feel is already been done. Is it best to use this with UC UW then use this instead of ULW?

Michael Stoops
Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
If the paint is need of moderate to serious correction, we're going to recommend a proper correction using UC and a DA before applying Black Wax. Because of the light cleaning ability and good polish load of Black Wax, you might be able to skip Ultimate Polish between UC and BW. But that's really going to depend on your ultimate goals for the vehicle, how the paint responds, etc. It is quite likely, though, that a correction with UC that doesn't create any micro marring can be followed with Black Wax and you're done.

lionshark
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:48 PM
im thinking......if you use black wax (and have to tape up your trim because of it) why not just use the UP and the UW because you can get all the things you might have missed with the tape on the trim. I can see putting tape on the trim and using black wax could b used as a one step process...but essentially it would be a "cheaper" way of doing it in my opinion. the job just would b a little subpar imo....thoughts?

Murr1525
Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Well, this is advertised for the average Joe, even though any detailer would be able to use it.

For the average Joe working by hand, taping up trim wouldnt really be done anyway. And they may only do one or two steps, not a full UP/UW/UW, etc...

Garabaldi
Jan 6th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I plan on picking up some Black Wax soon to use on my one year old Ruby Red Hyundai Sonata. For application via DA, what technique, speed setting, and pad combination will yield best results? Thank you.

Murr1525
Jan 6th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Well, if no defects to remove, you can apply it with a finishing pad, somewhere around speed 3-4.

Not sure what you mean by technique.

Garabaldi
Jan 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Thank you, Murr. Sorry for the lack of clarity - technique as in how much pressure to apply, how many overlapping section passes to make, and hand speed / how quickly to move the polisher around the working area.

Also, if minor defects are present, should Black Wax be used with a polishing pad at speed 5/6?

Rocksteady-Rebel
Jan 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I think it be hard to say how many passes, depends on how you want the finish project to look. But if its the finishing pad there shouldn't be that much pressure at all.

Michael Stoops
Jan 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Since this is essentially a polish wax with extremely light cleaners, we don't anticipate being able to correct even minor defects like White Wax has proven to be so capable of. It may well hide them to some degree, however, due to the polish load in it. That said, if you really want to eliminate any defects prior to application, we would recommend either a dedicated paint cleaner first, with a polishing pad, or maybe even opting for White Wax instead. You can always top White Wax with Ultimate Wax, NXT, etc if you so desire.

Otherwise, since Black Wax has fairly limited cleaning ability, application should be done with a finishing pad and the DA set to speed 3 to 4, light to moderate pressure, and arm speed fairly typical for wax application. That means certainly faster than you would for a polish or compound since you're really just spreading a thin layer of product onto the paint. White Wax can be applied the same way, or you can step up to a polishing pad, speed 5, moderate pressure and much slower arm movements in order to let the cleaners do their thing. With either wax you can apply to all the painted surfaces of the vehicle, allow to dry, and then wipe off.

Garabaldi
Jan 7th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Thank you so much, Mike. Your post was extremely helpful!!

jaf06se
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
When will these (white and black wax) be available in local stores? Or will these be just an online only product?

SailorMan
Jan 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM
My sense is that Black Wax lacks the hydrophobic technology of ULW or NLT; is that indeed the case?

Assuming that lack, could I use BW for the polishing oils and follow with a coat of ULW or UQW for that added protection? Currently, I use UP and ULW on my Jet Black BMW - the results are terrific, but I find hand application of UP to be tedious. Thus, my interest in substituting BW, assuming (again) that its application is less laborious than that of UP.

Jer

Murr1525
Jan 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM
My sense is that Black Wax lacks the hydrophobic technology of ULW or NLT; is that indeed the case?

Yes

Assuming that lack, could I use BW for the polishing oils and follow with a coat of ULW or UQW for that added protection?

Yes. A cleaner/wax followed by a coat of regular was is a very popular combination for a quick detail.

strader327
Apr 1st, 2013, 04:47 PM
I got the black wax yesterday and tried it out on my 03 Pontiac today and it went on very easily and wiped off super easy. And from what I can tell it's right up there with Ultimate wax as far as shine and I assume the protection level is right up there with it as well. And it smells very very good too. Great stuff, and I really like how it comes in a big toothpaste tube. Very different and very creative! :D

Murr1525
Apr 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Protection is probably more like Gold Class.

Michael Stoops
Apr 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Black Wax is, as Mat points out, more like Gold Class in terms of both protection and durability. It's primarily a carnauba wax while Ultimate is purely synthetic, so Ultimate will not only last longer but it is our longest lasting, best protecting wax. But there's something about this new Black Wax (and it's cousin, White Wax) that's hard to argue with!

wifpd4
Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Black Wax is, as Mat points out, more like Gold Class in terms of both protection and durability. It's primarily a carnauba wax while Ultimate is purely synthetic, so Ultimate will not only last longer but it is our longest lasting, best protecting wax. But there's something about this new Black Wax (and it's cousin, White Wax) that's hard to argue with!

Carnauba? The tube says montan wax. Please explain. Montan a subset of carnauba? Thanks.

Motorsports-X
Apr 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
i have to assume, you still wont get as good a finish from this as you will a true polish and then a stand alone wax.. is that right?

also.. which one of these for red cars? lol

juliom2
Apr 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Why Black wax???

Let take a look to the visual spectrum, both black and white wax have the right chemistry
to enhance your color and bring it to an unparalleled appereance.

http://www.victorylighting.co.uk/images/electromagnetic%20spectrum.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05409_zpsdebe86fe.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05407_zps05a82d60.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05410_zps8c26a876.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05411_zpsb920971d.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05412_zps1b86b77f.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05414_zps5efe8697.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05415_zps94b6e662.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05416_zps233ece79.jpg

Cera en pasta...

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05417_zps545df5ca.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05418_zpsa13232ac.jpg

Incluye aplicador...

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05419_zps53feca7e.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05421_zps9d4954b3.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05422_zps0114c7d0.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05423_zps7c187b31.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/DSC05424_zpsfdc02dd3.jpg

Wash, Clay and application by hand.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/photo19_zpsc696b5e1.jpg

Black wax 2 coats...hand application.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/photo16-1_zps4c915727.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k603/juliom2/photo117_zpse0187bdf.jpg

davey g-force
Apr 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM
^^ Looks great!

Your pics made me feel like I was right there with you unpacking it for the first time! :) Thanks for sharing..

juliom2
Apr 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks for your comment :)...!!!

wifpd4
Apr 17th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I'm jealous. I want to use some Black Wax on my own car, but all it does is RAIN.

Yours is look'n awfully nice.

juliom2
Apr 17th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Picture was taken with an Iphone 4s, and it doesnt make justice. Hope you get the chance to play with Black Wax soon.
Is not like butter, maybe like margarine (more fat content).
Buffs good and leaves a smooth finish. Wash, clay and 2 coats by hand.

khurum6392
Apr 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
is this a medium cut or a fine cut

Murr1525
Apr 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM
On the mild side...

wifpd4
May 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I got my chance to use Black Wax. Just a quick wash and dry, followed with Black Wax and followed with Ultimate Wax. I have some "Flex" branded pads and used the one of medium firmness at speed 4 on the Flex with the Black Wax. I primed the pad and put an inch of extra BW. The BW works much like Ultimate Polish very easy to apply and work. However unlike Ultimate Polish it does not work out to nearly be clear, it stays black and acts like a wax. I did half of the car, but not the roof, before even thinking of buffing off. Even then I could have waited longer before buffing off.

After doing the other half, I did the roof using Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere using a long handled microfiber (too lazy for ladder work this time). Used a little Tire Foam on the tires to kill some time and then buffed off the last half. I vacuumed the interior before applying Ultimate Liquid Wax using an LC 4" black pad on a PC at speed 3.

Black wax left most of the swirls I had on my car, but I ended up with a satisfying wax job and nice reflections. In comparison to White Wax which removed some of the swirls in my delicate clear coat. Yet the White left a great shine with super reflections on a BLACK car. Like them both, but probably will only use them on my own car, rather than clients.

Duffmancantbreathe
May 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hey guys! Did a simple wash, followed by a coat of #7 then a thin coat of black wax. Managed to get this shine:

http://i.imgur.com/ZhOL0MZ.jpg

I love this pic. :heelclick1.gif

Although, I didn't notice in time that Meguiar's Black Wax is an AIO so it might've removed the glaze =(. Oh well, live and learn!

davey g-force
May 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM
^^ Looks great! More pics of the whole car please! :)

ffboy
May 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hey guys! Did a simple wash, followed by a coat of #7 then a thin coat of black wax. Managed to get this shine:

http://i.imgur.com/ZhOL0MZ.jpg

I love this pic. :heelclick1.gif

Although, I didn't notice in time that Meguiar's Black Wax is an AIO so it might've removed the glaze =(. Oh well, live and learn!

Well, it's OK. It may have very likely removed the glaze, next time just skip the glaze go straight to applying the Black Wax and seal it up further with another wax, maybe Gold Class Carnauba+ for real depth or Ultimate Wax for crisp reflections, maximum protection.

Maybe your steps were a mistake. It happens, but look at your car. How much blacker can it get? Nice work

wifpd4
May 17th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Duffmancantbreathe,

Looks pretty darn good to me.

ffboy,
How much blacker can it get?What a loaded question! Sometimes the pursuit is more satisfying than the result.

Duffmancantbreathe
May 17th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Well, it's OK. It may have very likely removed the glaze, next time just skip the glaze go straight to applying the Black Wax and seal it up further with another wax, maybe Gold Class Carnauba+ for real depth or Ultimate Wax for crisp reflections, maximum protection.

Maybe your steps were a mistake. It happens, but look at your car. How much blacker can it get? Nice work

Great suggestion! Thanks!

ffboy
May 19th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Black... Different kinds of shine can be achieved... Maximum depth, wet look or Bright, reflective, crisp shine... Many, many options to take, you chose the deep, wet look, route... This is where a coat of Gold Class Carnauba plus or M26 or Deep crystal Carnauba can add even more depth...

BINGO53
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Just curious.....how do these waxes on their respective colors compare to M26 as far as depth goes? Im currently using M26 over properly prepped and clayed white and black vehicles. I get satisfactory results on the white.....superb on the black.

Murr1525
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:18 PM
There are a few "it depends" in there... if the paint is already in good shape, it could come out close. It can only reach a certain level.

If the paint needs more work, the separate steps will likely work better.

Of course the separate wax will likely be better as far as durability. And then what you consider as 'good looks'... some may prefer the look of Nxt or Ult waxes.

The black wax has more oils, so more potential for depth. But the White Wax is a better cleaner, if that is what the paint needed instead.

BINGO53
Jun 5th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Clarification regarding my question above................My black vehicle is an '07 Equinox. Since new it has been maintained with #80 as needed, then weekly clay and #26. It has an extremely DEEP finish.

My white vehicle is a 2012 Colorado. It was driven home from dealer...washed, clayed, washed, #80, #7, 3 applications of NXT applied 24 hours apart. (washed and dried between each appl.) Then 3 applications of #26 24 hrs apart, washed in between. This vehicle is washed and waxed one to two times weekly. Result....eeenhh....for white its not bad. You do have to park it next to another Summit White Chevrolet to really notice the difference.

I'll try the "white" wax just for the sake of my own personal info. I was just wondering just how much better it will be if any.

Reprctfully submitted,
BINGO53:quiet

davey g-force
Jun 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
^^ Wow, sounds like your vehicles keep you busy! :)

wifpd4
Jun 6th, 2013, 02:11 AM
as Davey said, "wow". I grabbed a calendar just to figure this out. You wash and wax six days out of seven, three days of NXT and three days of M26. You and the Summit only get one day of rest a week. Nope, nope, excuse me, I just re-read what you said. That was just the first week of ownership, now you wash and wax once or twice a week.

Warning...sarcasm ahead....you may want to try Ultimate Wax after using White or Black Wax to get better longevity....:) The weather in Texas must be wicked to require that much waxing !! Lately around here, you wash a couple of times a week to be able to see out your windshield through all the gnats stuck to the glass.

BINGO53
Jun 6th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Yes, on average I wash, between the 2 vehicles on average 3 times a week. Obvious exceptions are rainy days. The black every Sunday, the white usually Mon/Thurs. I do not wax that often due to poor performance of the product, or lack of longevity. When one has one's home wash set up reasonably organized, and with a DA buffer, it only takes an extra 20-30 mins to apply and wipe off an application of a good quality product like M26.

Well....I tried to post pics.....that didnt work out so well. Does one use the HTML from Photobucket, or other code?

Murr1525
Jun 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I think you will find if the #80, #7, and 6 coats of wax dont do it, not much will. You are probably near the top of the looks already.

Maybe #205, but that is just something to try if you like experimenting.

BINGO53
Jun 6th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Maybe I'll get the photo thing figured out eventually.

:db:

BINGO53
Jun 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/EQ5.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/EQ4.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/EQ3.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Washed2.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Washed1.jpg

Sorry about the low cell phone cam quality here.....my "play money" goes for washing supplies.

UGH! Still havent got it !!

Murr1525
Jun 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
You want to use the little 'tree in a box' looking button, and then insert the link from the gallery into the pop up box.

wesleyd
Jun 12th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Where can I buy this black wax in canada?

C8N
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM
^ I believe Walmart is in Canada as well. If so, I would check there.

wesleyd
Jun 12th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Yes there are Walmarts here but no Black Wax.

C8N
Jun 13th, 2013, 04:39 AM
^ Quite possible they ran out of stock. Should ask them if they indeed do stock the Black Wax and if so, when they expect to replenish. Or even possible ask if they can locate another Walmart near by that does have it in stock. I don't know if Sears and Advanced Auto has presence in Canada but they stock Meg's as well.... at least the ones in my area.

waterbeads
Jul 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM
what do you think if we coat #26 yellow wax over BW.... is #26 a better version of GC or vice versa?

Murr1525
Jul 11th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Either would work fine.

I dont know about major differences between them. Probably more of a price issue....

waterbeads
Jul 15th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Either would work fine.

I dont know about major differences between them. Probably more of a price issue....

what do u think if i clay my car first then use ultimate polish as it has more properties to remove minor imperfections and then use black wax and after 12 hours use UPW or #26 (recommend)??? and the reason why i am planning to apply UP is because i will be using my hands to do all this :)

Murr1525
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:10 PM
what do u think if i clay my car first then use ultimate polish as it has more properties to remove minor imperfections and then use black wax and after 12 hours use UPW or #26 (recommend)??? and the reason why i am planning to apply UP is because i will be using my hands to do all this :)

I don't think you will get much defect removal out of Ult. Polish... so probably a waste on that front, unless very minor or very soft paint.

LS1BERLINA
Jul 17th, 2013, 01:15 AM
What is the cleaning power of black wax relative to the other cleaner waxes? I've become a huge fan of the daily driver detail, using color x (awesome product!) and following with a finishing wax. But now I want a milder cleaner wax for more regular use, should I step down to black wax or even further (a12, m20??).

Murr1525
Jul 17th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Black Wax is pretty mild, similar to A12.

airtas
Sep 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Does the black wax leave small crystal like pieces on the hood?

I believe the bigger pieces on my photo are dush but there are smaller pieces after I waxed with it that don't seem to go away.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1933/12016156/21364461/407604839.jpg

davey g-force
Sep 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
It's not just the metallic flake in the paint is it?

Another common thing (especially for hoods) is there are lots of tiny rock chips in the paint, and often a polish or wax can become stuck in there if you don't wipe it off properly...

airtas
Sep 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM
It's not just the metallic flake in the paint is it?

Another common thing (especially for hoods) is there are lots of tiny rock chips in the paint, and often a polish or wax can become stuck in there if you don't wipe it off properly...

I believe it is the metallic flake.
You might be right about getting stuck in the paint, what did I do wrong?

Stephan
Sep 19th, 2013, 02:57 PM
He means that you're paint (maybe) is supposed to have metallic flake in it. What make, model, year is the car? what color is the paint called?

davey g-force
Sep 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I believe it is the metallic flake.
You might be right about getting stuck in the paint, what did I do wrong?

Yeah, I meant maybe it's metallic flake within your paint that's supposed to be there. Maybe you just didn't notice it before because the paint was dirty / dull.

If it's wax stuck in the rock chips, you just didn't buff it off properly, that's all. Chances are its dried up in there now, so a QD or your next wash should remove it.

ffboy
Sep 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Metallic flakes on the paint. Don't try to do any further removal of there, you will end up instilling those beloved swirls or light micro-scratches on your paint.

Bruce Devilbiss
Sep 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
I bought some black wax to use on my 03 black Honda Accord. While i think it did a good job, I still think I like UPW better. I don't think the finish feels as slick with the black wax. Now for my question: On the directions it said with a DA use a yellow pad,(Lake Country) which is a cutting pad, which I used. Since this is a wax why not use a black finishing pad or even a blue pad? Should I go over the BW with UPW or UQW?

Stephan
Sep 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Meguiar's yellow pad is a polishing pad, in between the black finishing and maroon cutting pad.

Murr1525
Sep 21st, 2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah, as noted above, the Meguiars directions would be for Meguiars pads... and that could also improve the finish a little.

Keep in mind the Ult. Wax is going to be a better wax but needs prep work before using... the Black wax is a good wax that doesn't need the prep work before using it. So just a trade off.

ffboy
Dec 10th, 2013, 02:16 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/blackwax2.png

Product Attributes:

Specially formulated for dark-to-black paint
3-in-1 functionality - Cleans, polishes and protects
Focuses on polishing the paint for a wet, glossy look
Creates exceptional gloss for black or dark colored cars
No dyes or colorants
Includes foam pad for easy application
"Black cars love polish!"

Size: 7oz. tube w/applicator pad
Part Number: G6208
MSRP: $10.99

Ok, It's been a while since anyone posted here, I'm about to get this on Christmas. This product does look like a winner, seeing all the forums here and outside meguiarsonline.com, and I have yet to see any negative comments or experiences as with the Ultimate Liquid Wax. So it cleans, POLISHES and protects, where does the protection come from, or simply put, does it come from carnauba (since it seems best in achieving that deep, wet look), polymer (or a small amount of polymer load) to protect that deep polished look, or a bit of both?

Stephan
Dec 10th, 2013, 05:57 AM

overseer1234
Dec 11th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Ok, It's been a while since anyone posted here, I'm about to get this on Christmas. This product does look like a winner, seeing all the forums here and outside meguiarsonline.com, and I have yet to see any negative comments or experiences as with the Ultimate Liquid Wax. So it cleans, POLISHES and protects, where does the protection come from, or simply put, does it come from carnauba (since it seems best in achieving that deep, wet look), polymer (or a small amount of polymer load) to protect that deep polished look, or a bit of both?
There are some polymers in there, but for the most part the protection comes from carnauba.

ffboy
Dec 11th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Can't wait to try it, my experience with meguiars is mostly positive. I love the way it adds depth to paint, even NXT 2.0, while most say it works better on light colors, I find that it gives a lot of depth on dark and black paint. Even compared to the collinites I have (yes, 845, 476s, 915), I get deeper and blacker paint with NXT 2.0, what more with this Black Wax, an all-in-one with more polishing oils and a bit of SMAT abrasives?

ffboy
Dec 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Finally I just got my Black Wax... I'm quite surprised with the texture of this wax, I can really feel the SMAT (well, it's a cleaner wax anyway) in it.. q bit rougher than expected.. I will try it as soon as I have enough time to squeeze in..

wifpd4
Dec 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM
ff.....

"squeeze in" don't you mean squeeze out?

:)

ffboy
Dec 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM
ff.....

"squeeze in" don't you mean squeeze out?

:)

I'm not too sure if it's in or out, maybe the holiday season has taken its toll on my English or speech... But I finally did get my Black Wax!

Applying the product, I'm surprised with the SMAT in it. I felt it even more, almost feels like an easier to apply version of SwirlX. On black paint, it looks good and the SMAT can be felt working on the paint. But I still find that M07+Wax leaves an even darker, wetter and richer finish. Application is as expected isn't as effortless as NXT 2.0, maybe I'll follow it up with a coat of NXT 2.0, I'm also testing how durable this Black Wax is..

wifpd4
Dec 26th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Your English is fine, my humor is not.
Now that you've squeezed in the time,
you've squeezed out some Black Wax.

ffboy
Dec 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Your English is fine, my humor is not.
Now that you've squeezed in the time,
you've squeezed out some Black Wax.

Haha:)... I was a bit out of tune, maybe the holiday season is taking its toll on me:chuckle1... But I did squeeze in some time to try out the Black Wax.... I guess, when it comes to waxing/detailing, no one is too sick or tired to wax their cars... I just had to try it...

wifpd4
Dec 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Not sure how long it lasts in snow, ice and salt, but looks good. I think anyway. :rolleyes:

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/ThisBlackWax.jpg

davey g-force
Jan 12th, 2014, 05:05 PM
^^ Great work - looks awesome :xyxthumbs

How is it holding up?