PDA

View Full Version : Updating Forum

DogParkGuy
Jul 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM
At one time, I believe there was a posting saying that several headings would be eliminated or merged. I guess this hasn't happened. Some headings rarely get any postings or could be (IMHO) eliminated entireyl. Also, the pages takea long time to load, and I am using a high-speed cable connection.

If you would like more suggestions for changes, please respond.

wifpd4
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I visit daily and have the same generic page as my starting point and just hit the "What's New" button. Only loads topics I haven't read. Loads quickly. Granted, I miss a lot of the news of the home page.

DogParkGuy
Jul 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Perhaps fine-tuning the whole site (which has been unchanged forat least 5 years) might improve the user experience and better
organize questions and answers?

Detailing by M
Jul 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I don't have any problems with the forum.
Loads fine, multiple times. I open all the post I want to read in new windows and every window opens and loads within seconds.
Clean up your computer?

SpoolMe
Jul 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I made a bookmark within my browser that takes me straight to 'whats new'

DogParkGuy
Sep 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM
Updating my post from earlier. I noticed today that there are several sub-forums where the last entry was years ago! Why not eliminate that sub-forum and replace it with another? Here are some suggestions: FAQ; delete. How to advice - update. combine new products and reviews into one forum. ombine consumer and professional lines into one forum. Combine pictures from classes into one forum. Delete roadshow picture. Put product reviews under products. Temporary forum group - delete.