PDA

View Full Version : D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

Michael Stoops
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM
D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?59440)
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/D11501_RnsFreeXprsWshWax.jpg

Product Attributes:

Wash & Wax all exterior vehicle surfaces without rinsing
High gloss, water beading durability
Non-scratch, non-streak formula
Quick and easy wipe off
Biodegradable Detergents

Size: 1 gallon concentrate
Part Number: D11501
MSRP: $79.99

With dilution rations ranging from 4:1 to 20:1, D115 is the concentrated rinseless wash and wax you've been asking us for. Many of you are already familiar with and love our Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere but wanted a larger size, and D115 is essentially that product. The concentrated formula stretches your dollars even further. Recommended dilution ratio is 4:1 but for daily mist and wipe use or in very high humidity locations, that can drop as low as 20:1 (or anywhere in between) depending on conditions. At weaker dilution ratios you will lose some of the gloss and protection provided by this product. Suitable for use as a spray on wash or as a rinseless bucket wash using a minimal amount of water.

STRIFE
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I knew this was coming out as soon as OPT came out with theirs (ONR with wax).....cannot wait to hear some reviews comparing the two, though I thought it would of been a 2014 product :)

jarred767
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I love it when a company listens to its customers and responds!!! So stoked about this product; I can't wait to test it out and learn more about all its uses through different dilution ratios. Thumbs up to Meguiars!!!!!!! :D

Marc08EX
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Wait I'm a little confused Mike... Is it primarily UWWA or a rinseless?

STRIFE
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
^ think it's both :)

s word
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/D11501_RnsFreeXprsWshWax.jpg

Product Attributes:

Wash & Wax all exterior vehicle surfaces without rinsing
High gloss, water beading durability
Non-scratch, non-streak formula
Quick and easy wipe off
Biodegradable Detergents

Size: 1 gallon concentrate
Part Number: D11501
MSRP: $79.99

With dilution rations ranging from 4:1 to 20:1, D115 is the concentrated rinseless wash and wax you've been asking us for. Many of you are already familiar with and love our Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere but wanted a larger size, and D115 is essentially that product. The concentrated formula stretches your dollars even further. Recommended dilution ratio is 4:1 but for daily mist and wipe use or in very high humidity locations, that can drop as low as 20:1 (or anywhere in between) depending on conditions. At weaker dilution ratios you will lose some of the gloss and protection provided by this product. Suitable for use as a spray on wash or as a rinseless bucket wash using a minimal amount of water.

Mike can you expand on the essentially? Is it the same product but dilutable or is it a different but similar performing product?

C8N
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Wait I'm a little confused Mike... Is it primarily UWWA or a rinseless?

On AG, its says...
To use as a waterless, dilute 1:4 with water

Marc08EX
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
^ think it's both :)

ONR is designed to be a rinseless wash. But they also say that you can dilute it to be as a waterless wash... But I don't like to use ONR as waterless because it wasn't really primarily designed to do so. Unlike Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. That is primarily designed as a waterless wash concentrate...

To me, this product seems like ONR. It is designed to be rinseless but hey we can also use it as waterless... IDK... Maybe I'm just over-thinking this...

How about RFEW, did Meguiar's say that we can use that as a waterless?

Michael Stoops
Jul 12th, 2013, 12:19 PM
While not identical to UWWA, D115 is quite close. Our recommendation for use is to dilute 4:1 and use as a waterless wash, but it's also great to pour 4 gallons of water into a bucket, then essentially pour the entire gallon of D115 into that same bucket for 5 gallons of rinseless wash solution. Now, for the average guy taking care of a couple cars at home that may not be the best way to go, but for a mobile guy who doesn't want to carry around large volumes of water it's great. You can clean an awful lot of cars with 5 gallons of rinseless wash, as long as you're not putting a dirty towel back into the bucket. Think about the process that Garry Dean came up with, but instead of piling the towels into the bucket you just soak the towels as needed. Besides, a stack of towels would displace too much water and you couldn't fit them and 5 gallons of solution in the same 5 gallon bucket. With a gamma seal on the bucket you'd have enough wash water on hand for literally dozens of cars. From personal experience, using just a couple gallons of wash solution in a gamma sealed bucket at home, I've managed close to a dozen washes. If you're not dealing with seriously dirty cars, or you're in a high humidity environment, you could easily cut that dilution ratio to 8:1.

But whether you prefer a rinseless or waterless wash, D115 will do the job.

jarred767
Jul 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I don't think Meguiars ever recommended it (but I could be wrong), but I use RFEW as a waterless wash at its stronger dilution ratio on vehicles with light dirt (way more economical than Last Touch, but still provides great results). I actually also use RFEW as my clay lube too; really versatile product.

It will be awesome if this product can (and is designed to) be used waterless and if so what those recommended dilution ratios are. I hope we get a little more clarity from Mike.

jarred767
Jul 12th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Well, there's that clarity I was asking for. :D

Mike - it's like you read my mind while I was writing my post, thanks so much for that info, can't wait to use this product!!

Marc08EX
Jul 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
While not identical to UWWA, D115 is quite close. Our recommendation for use is to dilute 4:1 and use as a waterless wash, but it's also great to pour 4 gallons of water into a bucket, then essentially pour the entire gallon of D115 into that same bucket for 5 gallons of rinseless wash solution. Now, for the average guy taking care of a couple cars at home that may not be the best way to go, but for a mobile guy who doesn't want to carry around large volumes of water it's great. You can clean an awful lot of cars with 5 gallons of rinseless wash, as long as you're not putting a dirty towel back into the bucket. Think about the process that Garry Dean came up with, but instead of piling the towels into the bucket you just soak the towels as needed. Besides, a stack of towels would displace too much water and you couldn't fit them and 5 gallons of solution in the same 5 gallon bucket. With a gamma seal on the bucket you'd have enough wash water on hand for literally dozens of cars. From personal experience, using just a couple gallons of wash solution in a gamma sealed bucket at home, I've managed close to a dozen washes. If you're not dealing with seriously dirty cars, or you're in a high humidity environment, you could easily cut that dilution ratio to 8:1.

But whether you prefer a rinseless or waterless wash, D115 will do the job.

Wait a second... You're saying that the 4:1 ratio is for both rinseless and waterless? If that's the case, that's a very expensive rinseless wash product. RFEW (D114) dilutes 1oz per 2 gallons of water or 256:1. For this new product, you're saying that I need 64oz of concentrate per 2 gallons of water?? And each gallon of D115 costs twice compared to D114? Something doesn't sound right here...

vrodri16
Jul 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Talk about a great day. Got a better job, and then you guys hit me with this! I can't friggin wait to buy some!

PPLd
Jul 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Marc you are right.
Thats how the product is to be used.
I cannot afford this shampoo...

jarred767
Jul 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM
But Mike stated that its recommended to use it as a waterless wash at 4:1 or 8:1....and he made it sound like it is designed to use either rinseless or waterless??? I'm a little confused and unsure at just how excited I should be.

Also, I can't find any Detailer bottle for it like there is with the new wheel cleaner, which makes me unsure on whether it is designed to be used waterless as a spray....hmmmm

Michael Stoops
Jul 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Guys, dilution ratio can go as low as 20:1 on this product, used either way, but you will lose some of the gloss that this product can and will provide when used stronger. Compared to certain other rinseless washes that are available in both non wax and wax versions where it's darn near impossible to tell the difference between the two, this product will make a noticeable improvement in gloss.

As for pricing, when you consider that UWWA is roughly $12-14/bottle (24 ounces) and this product, even at 4:1, yields 5 gallons for $80 MSRP (most likely less at street prices) then you're looking at $.50/ounce for UWWA as you now know it (and love it) and only $.125/ounce for D115. Cut the dilution ratio to 8:1 and that price drops in half. Same product, really, as UWWA but at 1/4 the price, or potentially much less. And don't forget, this is a true wash AND wax in a bottle.

jarred767
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Sounds great!!! I'll take your word and go with it; super stoked!!!

Now what to put it into with that 4:1 dilution ratio; is there a Detailer line bottle that will accompany it? And any hints in what it smells like? :cool:

Marc08EX
Jul 13th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Below is my cost analysis:

=============================

Rinseless Wash Comparison:

RFEW: $39.99 1 gallon
1oz/2gal water
1:256 ratio
Will create 257 gallons of rinse less wash solution.
$0.156/gallon of rinse less wash

1oz/1gal water
1:128 ratio
Will create 129 gallons of rinse less wash solution.
$0.310/gallon of rinse less wash

RFEWW: $79.99 1 gallon
1:4 ratio
Will create 5 gallons of rinseless wash solution.
$16/gallon of rinse less wash

1:8 ratio
Will create 9 gallons of rinseless wash solution.
$8.89/gallon of rinse less wash

1:20 ratio
Will create 21 gallons of rinseless wash solution.
$3.81/gallon of rinse less wash.

Competitor:
ONRWW: $49.99 1 gallon
1:256 ratio = $0.195/gallon of rinse less wash
1:128 ratio = $0.388/gallon of rinse less wash

Waterless Wash Comparison:

UWWA: $14.99/24oz RTU bottle.

RFEW:
WW dilution: 1oz/gallon.
1:128 ratio
Will create 129 gallons of waterless wash solution.
$0.058/24oz RTU bottle

RFEWW:
1:4:
$79.99/5 gallons of waterless wash solution.
That's $16/gallon
Which is equivalent to $3/24oz RTU bottle

1:8:
$79.99/9 gallons of waterless wash solution.
That's $8.89/gallon
Which is equivalent to $1.67/24oz RTU bottle

Competitor:
UWW+ Concentrate
$20.99 16oz
1:20 to 1:22 ratio. Let's use 1:20 for calculation purposes.
Will create 336oz of waterless wash solution.
Which is equivalent to $1.5/24oz RTU bottle.

It seems that this product is not very economical for rinseless washing. Even at their weakest dilution of 1:20, it's very expensive compared to RFEW and a similar competitor, ONRWW.

On the other hand, this makes for a great economical substitute for the consumer version of UWWA. If this performs the same as the consumer version UWWA at 1:4 ratio then we'll have a winner. The cost goes down by a factor of 5 with this concentrate.

This leads me to a conclusion that this product will be mainly used as a waterless wash concentrate. I think the labeling should have the "rinse free" description removed because I doubt anyone will purchase this product for this purpose given how expensive it is relative to its peers. IMO, waterless should be more emphasized.

I'm looking forward in hearing reviews on how well this product works as a waterless wash.

Mike, what color is it? Is it milky white like the consumer RTU UWWA?

Thanks

jarred767
Jul 13th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Wow!!! Awesome breakdown!!! Helps a ton.

This confirms to me that it should be used as a waterless wash, which is exactly what we all wanted, so assuming it performs (and I'd be willing to bet that it does), it is the perfect product for detailers (or heavy users) who were asking for a concentrated version of UWWA.

Again, thank you Meguiars for listening to your customers :D

Marc08EX
Jul 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I made a mistake in the UWW+ calculation.

It's supposed to be 1:40 to 1:44 ratio. Lets just use 1:40 ratio for calculation purposes. So 16oz of concentrate will make 656oz of waterless wash solution. That comes out to $0.768 per 24oz of RTU bottle.

Mike or any other MOL admin, can you pls update my UWW+ portion with this post?

Thanks!

STRIFE
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM
^^ haha...thanks Marc, now I can justify buying it to my wife ;)

BTW, ADS has the gallon size priced at only $45.99 but it's only til supplies last...this is a great intro price!! Get it while you can!!
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/meguiars-wash-and-wax-gallon.html

john baker
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:24 PM
so is there a standard amount of product to use as a rinseless wash? 1 oz per gallon for example?the waterless ratio i understand.

Marc08EX
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
so is there a standard amount of product to use as a rinseless wash? 1 oz per gallon for example?the waterless ratio i understand.

That's what I don't understand... I would expect it to be 1oz for 2 gallons... But Meg's is saying that the ratio should be 1:4 for rinseless as well. So for 2 gallons of water, you have to dump 64oz of the RFEWW.. That's a lot!!! And it makes it uneconomical...

STRIFE
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-rinse-free-express-wash-and-wax-d11501.html

This from AG:

"How it works
Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax is incredibly easy to use. Simply add a couple ounces to a 5 gallon wash bucket, soak a wash mitt or microfiber towel, and wash the vehicle one section at a time. After you wash a section, dry it using a Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler or a Meguiars Water Magnet Drying Towel. To use as a waterless, dilute 1:4 with water and spray a liberal amount directly onto the surface and wipe clean with a Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel. Continue this method section by section until the entire vehicle is clean."

Marc08EX
Jul 14th, 2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-rinse-free-express-wash-and-wax-d11501.html

This from AG:

"How it works
Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax is incredibly easy to use. Simply add a couple ounces to a 5 gallon wash bucket, soak a wash mitt or microfiber towel, and wash the vehicle one section at a time. After you wash a section, dry it using a Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler or a Meguiars Water Magnet Drying Towel. To use as a waterless, dilute 1:4 with water and spray a liberal amount directly onto the surface and wipe clean with a Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel. Continue this method section by section until the entire vehicle is clean."

Thanks for that info but I'll trust what Mike/Meguiar's say:

While not identical to UWWA, D115 is quite close. Our recommendation for use is to dilute 4:1 and use as a waterless wash, but it's also great to pour 4 gallons of water into a bucket, then essentially pour the entire gallon of D115 into that same bucket for 5 gallons of rinseless wash solution.

juliom2
Jul 14th, 2013, 03:16 PM
So in debate :teach
how much of a waterless and/or rinse less is represented by RFEWW formulation.....
but wait :nervous1 there's hydrophobic agents in it @ what ratio is consider optimal or not.
the hybrid rinse less???

davey g-force
Jul 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Great news! I look forward to trying some as a WW. :D

jarred767
Jul 14th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the notice at ADS Strife, :D I scored me a gallon at 45.99 which is an excellent price considering its MSRP is 79.99. Got a gallon of the new wheel cleaner too, so I'll post a couple reviews on here in the next couple weeks for those still thinking about it.

STRIFE
Jul 14th, 2013, 09:42 PM
^ no prob, if i'm not here on MOL, i'm checking out ADS and AG regularly...strange how I saw RFEW&W and the wheel/tire cleaner on ADS first ....i ordered yesterday! :)

Michael Stoops
Jul 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Our recommendation for use is a 4:1 dilution ratio. We did this so that volume users could easily pour the gallon jug of D115 into a 5 gallon container with 4 gallons of water and be good to go. We've heard more and more feedback from early testers that D115 works equally well as a waterless wash when diluted 8:1 and used in a hand pump low pressure sprayer like those shown below:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1928/sprayers1.jpg

When used this way the cost is down to about $.067/ounce compared to Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, which is about $.50/ounce at retail prices. UWWA is what you should really be comparing this to, not D114 or any of the ONR products. From a performance competitive standpoint, the polymer protection and gloss left behind with D115 is far superior to other brands on the market. For all the requests we had for a bulk version of UWWA, this is the answer. Now, when you consider that you could dilute this as far as 20:1 (going to be most common in high humidity areas) the cost becomes even more attractive. You will lose some gloss, however, at those extended dilutions.

As a rinseless wash, the same 8:1 to 4:1 range is going to be recommended. This is to ensure getting the maximum out of the product - by which we mean not just maximum safe cleaning but also maximum gloss and protection. We generally don't think of a wash & wax product as being a true wax application but more just a bit of a wax boost. With D115 the protection left behind is noticeable and surprisingly durable. It's a synthetic polymer blend, and as such we actually do not recommend that you wash with this product if you intend to follow the wash with any sort of paint correction. The polymers in D115 are slick enough, and durable enough, to impede machine polishing. Just as you would not want to apply D156/UQW just before paint correction, neither do you want to apply D115. We've even seen an impediment to damp sanding following a fresh application of a durable polymer such as is found in the above mentioned products. Our competitors aren't making those sort of claims for the level of protection and gloss afforded by their similar rinseless/waterless products.

For those of you who use the rinseless wash method that Garry Dean suggests, you know that with just 3 gallons of wash solution mixed in a bucket you can easily wash a dozen or more cars. Or in this case, wash and wax a dozen or more cars. With an 8:1 dilution ratio you can do this 4 times, which is practically enough to wash and wax a single car every week for a year. For a daily driver that you are more interested in keeping looking good and well protected (as opposed to a show car or weekend toy that you want to keep at an extremely high level) that may be almost all you need.

Marc08EX
Jul 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the explanation Mike! It seems that this product will certainly beat other products in the "wax" aspect. I'm going to buy this when my UWW+ concentrate runs out. I will definitely use it between 4:1 and 8:1 as a waterless wash product.

Is the color milky white like that of consumer UWWA?

Where can I get that green hand held pump sprayer at the very right, Mike?

jvs1991
Jul 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the explanation Mike! It seems that this product will certainly beat other products in the "wax" aspect. I'm going to buy this when my UWW+ concentrate runs out. I will definitely use it between 4:1 and 8:1 as a waterless wash product.

Is the color milky white like that of consumer UWWA?

Where can I get that green hand held pump sprayer at the very right, Mike?

Marc, I have a hand held sprayer like that that I purchased at Home Depot.

STRIFE
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I think many looked at the name and assumed the product can be diluted like D114, but the wax aspect made the dilution ratio not as impressive as the original
Like mentioned before maybe the product should be call simply " Express Wash & Wax" ?
I hope it's the same color as UWWA, as I have 7 bottles....I can refill and sell to my friends :)

john baker
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:19 AM
thanks for the update-

SwunMurrieta
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Marc08EX, you can get that pump sprayer at Wal-Mart. I got mine on dysart and the I-10 but you might have one closer to you. It's about 8 bucks and it's close to the garden section by the weed sprayers.

STRIFE
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Why not just reuse the UWWA bottles if you have them?

jarred767
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the update again Mike, confirming past posts.

Any insight on if there will be a Detailer Line bottle that this product can be diluted into?

Superior Shine
Jul 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I have had the fortune to test these types of products for Meguiars over the last few months and.................. I LOVE D115!!!! I'd like to think I helped influence the final product outcome in some small way -LOL!! I will have a video up on YOUTUBE soon about D115.

davey g-force
Jul 15th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I'm going to buy this when my UWW+ concentrate runs out. I will definitely use it between 4:1 and 8:1 as a waterless wash product.

I'm assuming you will do one of your thorough and informative write-ups when you do Marc? Looking forward to it!

I will have a video up on YOUTUBE soon about D115.

Please post up the link when available Joe. :xyxthumbs

Marc08EX
Jul 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Marc, I have a hand held sprayer like that that I purchased at Home Depot.

Marc08EX, you can get that pump sprayer at Wal-Mart. I got mine on dysart and the I-10 but you might have one closer to you. It's about 8 bucks and it's close to the garden section by the weed sprayers.

Thanks for the suggestions, John and SwunMurrieta!! I think the green one at the very right of Mike Stoops' post is different from the ones you can buy from Home Depot and Wal-mart. I'm looking for the exact one like the green one Mike posted.

Why not just reuse the UWWA bottles if you have them?

Have you tried applying waterless wash solution using a hand pump sprayer? If not, you should try it. You'll never go back to normal sprayer again.

I'm assuming you will do one of your thorough and informative write-ups when you do Marc? Looking forward to it!

I'm definitely planning on doing an extensive and through review on this product. I plan on comparing the different dilutions against each other and against the RTU UWWA and the Ultima UWW+. I'm pretty excited!!!

SwunMurrieta
Jul 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Marc08EX, the only place I found online for that pump sprayer you want. I think it's made in the UK because a couple websites have them. Here is one in the first link. I also found some on Ebay(second link) also from the UK I believe but only about 9.00 shipping included(ships worldwide). Not bad if that's the exact one you want.

http://www.stopmoths.co.uk/1.5-ltr.-Hand-Held-Pump-Action-Pressure-Sprayer/30.htm (http://www.stopmoths.co.uk/1.5-ltr.-Hand-Held-Pump-Action-Pressure-Sprayer/30.htm)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5L-HAND-PRESSURISED-GARDEN-PLANT-SPRAYER-PUMP-ACTION-WEED-WATER-GUN-PS4000-/160949841709?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item25795baf2d

SwunMurrieta
Jul 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I will correct myself. $12.00 shipped.

STRIFE
Jul 15th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I actually have a pump sprayer in the garage, I will try it out soon :)

Michael Stoops
Jul 16th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Where can I get that green hand held pump sprayer at the very right, Mike?Why specifically the green one on the right? Why not the red one from ACE Hardware in the middle - it even matches your car! Plus, well, according to the graphic on the bottle you can probably pick it up at ACE Hardware. But that's just a guess on my part.

Yes, I'm being a bit of a smarty pants here, but Marc is a friend of mine so he knows I'm just playing with him.

Marc08EX
Jul 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Why specifically the green one on the right? Why not the red one from ACE Hardware in the middle - it even matches your car! Plus, well, according to the graphic on the bottle you can probably pick it up at ACE Hardware. But that's just a guess on my part.

Yes, I'm being a bit of a smarty pants here, but Marc is a friend of mine so he knows I'm just playing with him.

I was laughing my a$$ off buddy HAHAHA!!!

I wouldn't have known that it was from Ace HW hahaha! This should be a great addition. I bought my phone case in red to match my car too.. ROFL!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, the reason why I'm curious where that's from is because it looks exactly like AG's hand pump sprayer. I'm curious who's their supplier. I may have found it but I'm not sure if it's exactly the one.

Thanks for the links too Swun!

SwunMurrieta
Jul 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
ADS has the label for this product. So you can buy the label and put it on the empty spray bottle you are going to use.

STRIFE
Jul 18th, 2013, 05:45 PM
^ i added 4 labels to my ADS order....they should be free but oh well...:grrrr1

jarred767
Jul 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'd rather have a designated Detailer Line bottle....must still be in the works....

BTW, mine came this evening, :db: now to see if I can sneak away from the wife and baby long enough to go test it out

Marc08EX
Jul 18th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I'd rather have a designated Detailer Line bottle....must still be in the works....

BTW, mine came this evening, :db: now to see if I can sneak away from the wife and baby long enough to go test it out

I would love a designated bottle too with 4:1 and 8:1 dilution levels.

Please post your thoughts of it! How does it compare to the RTU UWWA? I just ordered mine today. Won't get it for a week though.. :(

Michael Stoops
Jul 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM

This is one case where we have no plans on issuing a secondary bottle for a product. That's because our recommendation is to use one of the low pressure sprayers as mentioned in a previous thread, and we have no plans to offer one since so many options are so widely available.

Detailing by M
Jul 19th, 2013, 09:42 AM
So come to find out I've already used this stuff!
aaa the benefits of knowing the right people.

We washed 10 Ferrari's with this wonderful product. The gloss it leaves behind is incredible.
I can't wait to get my next week!

jarred767
Jul 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the clarification Mike, I'm glad I got an extra blank bottle and a label with my order.

So, I didn't get a chance to try the stuff out before I left for the weekend, but it looks like it is a direct combo of RFEW and UWWA - it's like a milky blue color. It smells good, but I couldn't pinpoint an exact scent. That's all I got for now. Looking forward to testing it out on Monday!!

davey g-force
Jul 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
.... to see if I can sneak away from the wife and baby long enough to go test it out
I had to laugh at this - story of my life!! :)

Meticulous-Detail
Jul 20th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Subscribing for test results.

What is the longevity/durability of the wax in RFEWW?

jarred767
Jul 30th, 2013, 10:23 AM
What is the longevity/durability of the wax in RFEWW?
I was curious about this too, especially if it were compared to a spray wax like D156....

Chevota Guy
Aug 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I was quite skeptical on this product, but now am a convert!

I recently did full correction on a 2007 Tahoe deep Midnight blue with tons of swirls and a few RIDS. Used M105/205 with Klasse HGSG and Meguiars NXT 2.0. It turned out gorgeous and I have been working hard to maintain it.

The truck had been sitting out doors for a few days and the lawn guy managed to blow cr*p all over it . I used the D115 for the first time diluted 4:1. Couldn't believe my eyes. I was nervous looking at what came off the towels, but after the sun came out there were absolutely no discernable swirls added!

I'm afraid that I need to start a payroll deduction plan directly with Meguiars now...........

Michael Stoops
Aug 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I'm afraid that I need to start a payroll deduction plan directly with Meguiars now...........Hmmmm.....we'll have to look into getting something like this set up - it's a GREAT idea!

STRIFE
Aug 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Is there a self ban option ??? I need to protect my financial situation :D

BTLew81
Aug 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
So say I am using 3 gallons of water for a rinseless wash. How much product am I using?

saturn2
Aug 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
BT I might be wrong but if you were to use 3 gallons water for a RW you would have to use 18 oz. of D115 and this is at a 1:20 ratio.

http://www.gabrielfirst.com/measures.htm

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Just found out about this product! I know I've spent more than $700 on UWWA in the past 18 months. I really need this.

I don't have room for a 5 gallon container, so it will be a bit of a hassle mixing the bottles, but I guess I will have to get used to it for the savings.

The low pressure sprayer looks nice, but could be more clunky to hold than a spray bottle, think that will still be my method.

STRIFE
Aug 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
wow...$700!! That's insane!!
This product is revolutionary....best bang for the buck in my opinion

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Great to hear! For those of you who have tried it already, do you indeed find it's as good as UWWA at the 4:1 ratio?

Marc08EX
Aug 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM
The 4:1 ratio IMO closely resembles UWWA.

STRIFE
Aug 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Uwwa Vs D115 @4:1...same results for me, just different color and scent

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Uwwa Vs D115 @4:1...same results for me, just different color and scent

Thanks Strife & Marc08EX. That is great news. I ordered me a gallon and some bottles so I can have a few pre-mixed and ready. If I can get used to this, the money savings will be huge.

Michael Stoops
Aug 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
The low pressure sprayer looks nice, but could be more clunky to hold than a spray bottle, think that will still be my method.The low pressure sprayers are fantastic! Variable nozzle, no need to keep pulling that trigger, holds plenty of product. Overall, we think they're so good we aren't even introducing a secondary bottle for this product!

BTLew81
Aug 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Mr. Stoops...when using as a rinseless, what is the number of ounces per gallon? I want to be clear before I order this. Itching to try it if the dilutions are similar to other rinseless.

Marc08EX
Aug 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mr. Stoops...when using as a rinseless, what is the number of ounces per gallon? I want to be clear before I order this. Itching to try it if the dilutions are similar to other rinseless.

Rinseless is also suggested at 4:1.

BTLew81
Aug 28th, 2013, 09:14 PM
yikes...

mb911
Aug 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I received an order with some pro products today from ADS. Wow, I had great service from ADS on this order. I had so many little questions and whatnot, amazing service!!

I'm not certain if I'm a pro user though. ha. Mixing went beautifully, I even used distilled water. I simply find it less enjoyable to use than UWWA. It gave me an awful headache, the smell is so intense/overwhelming compared to the consumer offering. Last Touch always did slightly the same to me (headache), but this was worse. It feels like in the pro products they have to cut the "quality," of the scent to save money and cover up the chemicals. Like they still want to cover the chemicals, but it's done at the cost of quality of scent.

The wax protection and slickness left behind feels nearly identical to UWWA or perhaps even a bit better.

However, I found lubricity a bit less, which made cleaning more difficult even though I put a lot of product.

Finally, I find the consumer bottles so much more enjoyable than the pro bottles. The pro bottles are heavy and the spray just isn't the same. Sure, you could try to use a UWWA bottle, but they have the lock on them that makes them so hard to open.

Overall, I love Meguiar's but maybe that extra little bit they spend on making the consumer products is that "last touch," I need to want to use a product day in and day out.

This is a superb product though. I found less lubricity than UWWA, as much or more protection/slickness ability, but a scent that is overwhelming and dizzying.

I guess I dream of higher quality fragrance to not make me dizzy, haha, and smaller professional bottles, say 24 ounce.

Michael Stoops
Aug 29th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Rinseless is also suggested at 4:1.

yikes...

Ok, don't freak out!!!! LOL!!!

At 4:1 this product is virtually identical to Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere but at less than half the cost per ounce. That places it squarely in line with many other top line waterless washes except that, according to this review (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/43107-five-way-waterless-wash-comparison.html), it outperforms them.

But you want to use D115 as a rinseless wash, not a waterless wash. OK, fine. Either way you choose you can still take that dilution ratio as far as 20:1 but you will lose some gloss and slickness, no doubt about it. And it's the gloss and slickness that really sets this product apart from the competition. As a waterless wash in a hand pump sprayer it's just amazing stuff. You might think I'm biased since I work for Meguiar's, but I can tell you in all honesty that the more I use this at 4:1 as a waterless wash the more I'm impressed by it. And I'm not easily impressed anymore since I get to play with anything and everything under the sun.

If you want to stick with a waterless wash that holds to the 1 ounce of product to 2 gallons of water, stick with D114 Rinse Free Express Wash and then just hit the finish with some D156 Synthetic Express Spray Wax. By the way, if you've ever tried a certain rinseless wash that offers a rinseless wash & wax option for the exact same price, can you even tell a difference between the two versions in actual use? No, neither can we.

mb911
Aug 29th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I still have a headache from mixing those pro products and cleaning. However, I wanted to add one thing...

The value of this product is unbelievable. It's a wash and waxing product, but yet you cannot get a Meguiar's quick detailer this cheap. I don't know how that is possible. Last Touch is essentially the cheapest at $25 or so a gallon (sure sometimes you can get it for $21), but multiple that by 5, and you are always going to come out significantly more than D115.

I don't know how you guys do it! ha. How can a wash & wax product be less expensive that a plain old quicker detailer? ha-ha.

Pretty cool, I just wish I didn't have such a physical reaction to it.

Truly, the value of the detailing world!

BTLew81
Aug 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mike, I didnt mean to offend. I almost exclusively Meg's in my garage. I guess the bottom line is to use D114. I have no issue with that, at all. You guys DO make some amazing products...too many to name. I will continue to use Meg's because they simply work and deliver on the promises you make.

mb911
Aug 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I cleaned an entire car with the 4:1 water to D115 today. I like it more now. The smell is still a bit intense for me, but not as bad as when I was dealing with the concentrates yesterday.

The entire process and result is extremely similar to UWWA anywhere, without the nice aromatherapy.

The value in this product is again striking. I might start having a 8:1 ratio for touch ups when I don't feel I need the recommended concentrate, but I have no problem with the cost at 4:1 after paying $11-$15 per 26oz bottle for UWWA. Of course, I will always have 1 or 2 bottles of UWWA on hand for when I want the cleaning and waxing, alongside a nice smell. Ha. :)

mb911
Sep 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Sorry to reply *again* to this thread, but I keep using it and it is really a great product. It truly is an equal of UWWA with simply the more intense/overwhelming smell in D115.

It's really so easy to mix up too, no issue. I mixed 4 bottles, and I should not have done that, because it's so easy to mix, two bottles would have been suffice. I'm staying at 4:1 because I want the max protection in the product when I clean.

I did try the hand pump sprayer but as I suspected, I put it back in its box. It's too clunky to hold. I keep the bottle of solution in my hand (or arm), 80 percent of the time, and with the pump sprayer, you sorta need to sit it down all the time.

I think we are all very fortunate that Meguiar's has given us D115.

I actually followed panels up with D135 today (just for fun cause I am only now trying D135 for first time) after D115, and I lost slickness!! ha-ha. D115 comes in cheaper than QD, but yet replaces Quick Detailer, Washes, and Quick Waxes, and it does all those things better!

I applaud Meguiar's. Now, a 2.0 version someday could try a different smell. :)

davey g-force
Sep 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
Do you mean M135?

So you're saying M135 is noticably less slick than D115? Wow!

5xkmw
Sep 1st, 2013, 01:58 PM
I used this stuff today as a drying aid. After washing a traditional washing, I sprayed a 4:1 solution on the wet car and polished it dry with a just 3 MF towels. Great product.

Marc08EX
Sep 1st, 2013, 02:39 PM
I used this stuff today as a drying aid. After washing a traditional washing, I sprayed a 4:1 solution on the wet car and polished it dry with a just 3 MF towels. Great product.

I would highly suggest using UQW or D156 (synthetic x-press spray wax) as a drying aid.

Marc08EX
Sep 1st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Do you mean M135?

So you're saying M135 is noticably less slick than D115? Wow!

Davey, definitely. M135 is just a QD. D115 is a waterless wash so intrinsically, there's more lubrication therefore more slickness. :)

davey g-force
Sep 1st, 2013, 03:06 PM
^^ Again, wow! To be slicker than M135 is quite impressive for me. I must try some :xyxthumbs

XSSIVE
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
At 4:1 this product is virtually identical to Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere but at less than half the cost per ounce. That places it squarely in line with many other top line waterless washes except that, according to this review (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/43107-five-way-waterless-wash-comparison.html), it outperforms them.

Yup and that guy (the genius he is I might add haha) thoroughly nit picked ever nuance of waterless washing using each of the six over a few months of testing on entire cars and also on the same car with a different waterless wash product per panel to really feel the slickness difference and see the shine difference side by side. I still stand behind my love of D115, my favorite new detailing product. Really don't need quick detail sprays anymore thanks to it but being that I'm a quick detail spray addict...

I'm also a bit shocked at how much I like D155 that I'm currently putting in a grudge match against eight other quick detail sprays. But that's a review/rant for another thread.

As far as slickness Vs M135, I never tried M135 but D155 comes kinda close to D115 in slickness but falls just a bit short. The shocking thing is how much slicker D115 is than some of the quick detail sprays I've been testing which in some cases boast about their slickness yet are outdone by a waterless wash. I'm a sucker for super slick paint so that's something I always like to judge with products.

Michael Stoops
Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yup and that guy (the genius he is I might add haha) thoroughly nit picked ever nuance of waterless washing

Genius, huh? You really think he's that bright?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seriously though, we loved your review not just because of how much you like D115 but because of the very well thought out way you went about doing the comparison. There are plenty of Meguiar's employees who were immediately hooked on this product and even we marvel at the slickness of it, even after repeated use.

XSSIVE
Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Genius, huh? You really think he's that bright?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seriously though, we loved your review not just because of how much you like D115 but because of the very well thought out way you went about doing the comparison. There are plenty of Meguiar's employees who were immediately hooked on this product and even we marvel at the slickness of it, even after repeated use.

I figure the more times I joke about being a genius the more people will start to believe it and fooling people into thinking you're a genius has to be genius in it's own way haha.

Glad you like the review because I really like the product and am glad to spread the word about it. I've been detailing since 1999 (as a job from '99 to '06) and never really bothered to review products in all those years or test lots of different ones. Back then I tried one or two things and went with it. This obsessive product testing is a new thing for me since I'm currently only detailing my personal cars, friends and family and once in a blue moon a lucky clients car that talks me into it. So I'm doing all the testing really for myself to find my personal favorite products in each category that work well for me.

Like I said either in my review or on one of the forums I posted it on in response to a comment, I'm real glad I added it to my testing as I was on the hunt to find my favorite waterless wash because the heavier concentration of 4:1 mix combined with the actual product itself at that level really makes waterless washing feel safer and the gloss and slickness left behind kind of negate the need for quick detail sprays. I'm not one to often lavish extreme praise on a product unless it really stands out from the crowd and isn't just a little bit better and D115 really does stand out.

Now you just need a trade in program like "cash for clunkers" where I can trade in the absurd amount of other brands of waterless wash concentrate to be properly disposed of in return for more D115. :LOLOL:

510GUY
Apr 28th, 2019, 10:02 PM
Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

A friend of mine who has Expel on his car say that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want have the surface over "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135).

I have moved to D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Was as my Quick Detailer and so would like to continue to use it for that purpose on my wrapped car also. It's label does not say "contains petroleum distillates", but I want to make sure. If it would result in the my "wrapped surfaces" "yellowing" over time I will move back to using Ultimate Quick Detailer as my friend does or perhaps Last Touch Spray Detailer, D155. I also use it to help the drying process, instead of Ultimate Quick Wax, but as long as Hype Ceramic Was does not "contain petroleum distillates" (my post in the 2019 product thread), I will be using HCW instead of D115 during my drying process on my wrapped car.

Thank you for answering this question.

510GUY
Apr 28th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Any chance we'll ever get a dedicated spray bottle for this. I have my D115 in an Ace Hardware Spray bottle that has various mixing ratios (one of which is 4:1) on along with the Meguiar's D115 label. But a dedicated bottle would be even better. And it this sells like the replies to this thread indicate, I would say there is a definite market for a dedicated spray bottle for D115.

Thanks

Nick Winn
Apr 29th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

A friend of mine who has Expel on his car say that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want have the surface over "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135).

I have moved to D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Was as my Quick Detailer and so would like to continue to use it for that purpose on my wrapped car also. It's label does not say "contains petroleum distillates", but I want to make sure. If it would result in the my "wrapped surfaces" "yellowing" over time I will move back to using Ultimate Quick Detailer as my friend does or perhaps Last Touch Spray Detailer, D155. I also use it to help the drying process, instead of Ultimate Quick Wax, but as long as Hype Ceramic Was does not "contain petroleum distillates" (my post in the 2019 product thread), I will be using HCW instead of D115 during my drying process on my wrapped car.

Thank you for answering this question.

I am not seeing anything about petroleum distillates for D115 or G190526.

Any chance we'll ever get a dedicated spray bottle for this. I have my D115 in an Ace Hardware Spray bottle that has various mixing ratios (one of which is 4:1) on along with the Meguiar's D115 label. But a dedicated bottle would be even better. And it this sells like the replies to this thread indicate, I would say there is a definite market for a dedicated spray bottle for D115.

Thanks

I will certainly pass along the feedback! Remember we have "generic" secondary bottles, if you wanted to run our bottle & sprayer with the D115 Secondary Label.

https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-generic-secondary-bottle-16oz.html (https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-generic-secondary-bottle-16oz.html)

510GUY
Apr 29th, 2019, 09:00 PM
I am not seeing anything about petroleum distillates for D115 or G190526.

I will certainly pass along the feedback! Remember we have "generic" secondary bottles, if you wanted to run our bottle & sprayer with the D115 Secondary Label.

https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-generic-secondary-bottle-16oz.html (https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-generic-secondary-bottle-16oz.html)

Nick, thanks for your reply. The label that Meguiar's supplies for D115 definitely mentions a bunch of chemicals, but as long as they don't require the mention of petroleum distillates, then I can continue using D115 and / or G190526, UWWA, for my detailer which make me very happy.

Nick Winn
Apr 30th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Nick, thanks for your reply. The label that Meguiar's supplies for D115 definitely mentions a bunch of chemicals, but as long as they don't require the mention of petroleum distillates, then I can continue using D115 and / or G190526, UWWA, for my detailer which make me very happy.

It will be easier for you if you just look up the SDS on the products you are inquiring about. It is what I am looking at also:

https://www.meguiars.com/sds (https://www.meguiars.com/sds)