PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Year Introduction - D143 Acid Free Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Michael Stoops
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/D14301_Non-Acid_WheelTireCleaner.jpg

Product Attributes:

Effective and easy cleaning on wheels and tires
Quickly removes brake dust, road grime, light grease and dirt
Spray on, lightly agitate, hose off
Secondary bottle available (part number D20143PK12)

Size: 1 gallon/5 gallon
Part Number: D14301/D14305
MSRP: $21.00/$92.00

With a formulation similar to our Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner, D143 is a non acid wheel and tire cleaner that quickly strips away brake dust and road grime, cleaning not only the wheels but the tire side walls as well. Not to be used on bare aluminum, anodized or powdercoated finishes.

jarred767
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I'm glad I can write this stuff off as a business expense; with all the new products constantly being introduced I'd go broke if I didn't do this for a living.

Can't wait to use this on all those wheels that need more than just regular wash water, but don't justify Wheel Brightner.

STRIFE
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
RTU and dilutable to 2:1....what the heck am I to do with my gallon of wheel brightener ;)

C8N
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
It's dilutable?
Can I assume recommended to use a foam spray?

Marc08EX
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mike, is this the same as the OTC all wheel and tire cleaner?

Marc08EX
Jul 12th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Oops I just read that it's similar to the all wheel and tire cleaner. Please delete my post above and this post.

Meticulous-Detail
Jul 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
With a formulation similar to our Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner, D143 is a non acid wheel and tire cleaner that quickly strips away brake dust and road grime, cleaning not only the wheels but the tire side walls as well. Not to be used on bare aluminum, anodized or powdercoated finishes.

What's the difference from the OTC? Is this stronger undiluted and equivalent diluted? Thanx

jvs1991
Jul 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM
RTU and dilutable to 2:1....what the heck am I to do with my gallon of wheel brightener ;)

perhaps I missed it but where does it say it dilutes 2:1?

juliom2
Jul 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Is it safe to use on modern aluminum or polished wheels???

STRIFE
Jul 12th, 2013, 03:16 PM
perhaps I missed it but where does it say it dilutes 2:1?

Read it on ADS
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/meguiars-wheel-and-tire-cleaner-gallon.html

BlueZero
Jul 12th, 2013, 07:01 PM
No one asks the important question... What's it smell like? :o

Looks like a great product! I can clean my wheels and white letters all with the same product.

hacker-pschorr
Jul 12th, 2013, 08:56 PM
what the heck am I to do with my gallon of wheel brightener ;)
+1

Can we get one year with no new products so I can use up all my supply? :D

Detailing by M
Jul 13th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Ordered mine yesterday!

Meticulous-Detail
Jul 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Ordered mine yesterday!

Me too

BlueZero
Jul 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM
+1

Can we get one year with no new products so I can use up all my supply? :D

Someone needs to have a detailing product drive for the needy! I would feel better donating all my old stuff so I could buy new stuff. lol

STRIFE
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I just ordered 2 gallons!!! And 2 spray bottles :)

Marc08EX
Jul 19th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mike,

Does this product have the ability to foam up like the consumer version of all wheel/tire cleaner? Is the foaming action a function of the product or the spray head of the consumer packaging?

STRIFE
Jul 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
The D143 bottle has dilution lines for both 2:1 and 1:1...just received my 2 bottles from ADS today :)
I wanna test this stuff out but my freakin wheels on all my vehicles are too dammmm clean :(

STRIFE
Aug 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I didn't wash my wheels for almost 3 weeks just so I could test D143 at 1:1.
Did a great job as the brake dust on my tires just slide off without any agitation.
I did use my Daytona wheel brush to do some quik agitation on the barrels...gotta say it's a great product...going to try out at 2:1 on my wife's van....
I also used a foaming trigger...and likely used a tad more product than needed.
Think for most of us, 2:1 is good enough....I will test at 4:1 to see how that goes.
I guess I will have to sell my gallon of wheel brightener ;)

sjb89
Aug 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
The dilution ratio 2:1, is the 2 the product or the water ?

jarred767
Aug 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
The dilution ratio 2:1, is the 2 the product or the water ?
2 parts water, 1 part product

sjb89
Aug 10th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks a lot for the info. Can't wait to try it.

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I have found on my cars the only wheel cleaner I can use is the Aluminum Wheel Cleaner (blue bottle). The other wheel products try to turn my hubs, brake calipers, etc. a funny color, those bare metal areas. The aluminum wheel cleaner doesn't affect them at all! Love it for that, but it's a pricey consumer product.

Does anyone know if this product is as mild as the aluminum product? Thanks.

Shogun88888888
Aug 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Does machined aluminum fall in to the do not use this product on them category?

mb911
Aug 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I have found on my cars the only wheel cleaner I can use is the Aluminum Wheel Cleaner (blue bottle). The other wheel products try to turn my hubs, brake calipers, etc. a funny color, those bare metal areas. The aluminum wheel cleaner doesn't affect them at all! Love it for that, but it's a pricey consumer product.

Does anyone know if this product is as mild as the aluminum product? Thanks.

Went back to first page of thread and saw bare aluminum is off limits. Therefore, that clues me in this is harsher than the Meguiar's Aluminum cleaner and I should stay away. The aluminum cleaner is so gentle on those brake and hub components, and I love that, plus keeps the calipers nice looking. I just can't stand anything harsh.

Shogun88888888 - Not sure about machined aluminum. Maybe someone else will answer. The aluminum wheel cleaner might work, but it's only a consumer product.

The Guz
Aug 26th, 2013, 10:05 PM

I would not use it on machined aluminum unless you know that there is a clear cot on them Like mb911 said you may want to stick with the consumer product for aluminum wheels. You could also call meguiar's office to ask someone.

Michael Stoops
Aug 27th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Machined aluminum will fall into the "Do not use this" category if the surface is uncoated. There are factory OEM machined aluminum wheels with a clear coat, and there are aftermarket machined aluminum wheels without a clear coat. The factory OEM coated wheels are safe here, but an aftermarket uncoated wheel is not.

Shogun88888888
Aug 27th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Machined aluminum will fall into the "Do not use this" category if the surface is uncoated. There are factory OEM machined aluminum wheels with a clear coat, and there are aftermarket machined aluminum wheels without a clear coat. The factory OEM coated wheels are safe here, but an aftermarket uncoated wheel is not.

GM OEM machined aluminum wheels were the type in question. 2012 impala to be exact. Looked everywhere and nothing states anything other than they are machined aluminum.

STRIFE
Oct 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Is this product safe on Plasti dipped wheels?

Detailing by M
Oct 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM
it's pretty gentel. give it a try
what color are they?
and soap wont' work?
Spray wax them then soap and water sould work.
Or just use APC on them with no water.

STRIFE
Oct 26th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I just plasti dipped a set of wheels a couple days ago...so I haven't washed yet.
I do have some pieces plasti dipped like the grill and some emblems....Gold class & Hyper wash soap had no damaging effects on those areas.

The wheels are originally black, I applied black plasti dip and then some plasti dip copper metalizer....looks great, hopefully D143 would hurt it....
I guess I will be testing how D143 works on Plasti dipped wheels

The Guz
Oct 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
You will be fine. My brother had his wheels plasti dipped. He ended up removing it but left the dip on the inside part of the wheels. I gave him a spray bottle with D143. He uses it all the time with no issues.

STRIFE
Oct 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
^ Thx for the confirmation, i was 99% sure it would be ok....not a huge issue as wheel dipping is pretty easy and kinda fun :)

fenderpicks
Nov 17th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I got a question... i am really interested in this product, however i do not know if my wheel is safe to be used with this product lol.
They are some stock Beadlock Toyota TRD wheels on the Toyota Tacoma Baja Series.

Michael Stoops
Nov 18th, 2013, 08:26 AM
fenderpicks, you can use PlastiDip on virtually anything - chrome, plastic, paint, glass, etc. It will stick to almost anything with practically zero prep (other than ensuring a dirt free surface) and when you're done with it or just want to remove it, it simply peels off.

STRIFE
Nov 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I just used D143 on my plastidipped wheels and very happy to report it worked great.
I used a large Daytona wheel brush, along with 2 other smaller boars hair brush....no issues :)

Before I applied plasti dip, I usually use Wheel Brightener and APC+.......scrub like mad.:burnout
But you can just spray with an ONR solution and wipe with a towel

The Guz
Nov 18th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I just used D143 on my plastidipped wheels and very happy to report it worked great.
I used a large Daytona wheel brush, along with 2 other smaller boars hair brush....no issues :)

Before I applied plasti dip, I usually use Wheel Brightener and APC+.......scrub like mad.:burnout
But you can just spray with an ONR solution and wipe with a towel

I told you that you would be ok using it on plastidip. One other thing I noticed with plastidip is that it loses it's luster over time at least on my brothers wheels it did. I ended up trying some tire dressing on a small spot and that brought some life back into it but it only lasts as long as the product lasts on tires. The glossifier works pretty good as does the metalizer if you want some metal flake on your dipped wheels.

fenderpicks
Nov 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM
fenderpicks, you can use PlastiDip on virtually anything - chrome, plastic, paint, glass, etc. It will stick to almost anything with practically zero prep (other than ensuring a dirt free surface) and when you're done with it or just want to remove it, it simply peels off.

Oh sorry i meant the D143 lol.
I want to know if my wheels are safe to be used with D143

Stephan
Nov 18th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I want to know if my wheels are safe to be used with D143

Description:

fenderpicks
Nov 19th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Yea i read the desc, but idk how to tell the difference lol
Idk if mine is bare aluminum / PC / BUT pretty sure not anodized....

Michael Stoops
Nov 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Fenderpicks, gotcha!

If these are a factory OEM wheel, meaning they are clear coated from the OEM, then D143 should be safe to use as directed on the bottle. If you have an aftermarket brake kit with any anodized or aluminum parts, you should stick with our Aluminum Wheel Cleaner or soap and water.