DUB Wheel Cleaner

Effectively cleans wheels and targets brake dust
Safe on all wheels and parts
Industrial chemistry
Product is yellowish-green and turns red to show its working
MSRP: $8.99 for 22 oz

SwunMurrieta
Nov 5th, 2013, 12:17 AM
This is awesome. The wheel cleaner sounds really cool since you can see it changing color. The fragrances alone make me want to try all of these. Also, I am suddenly craving a fruit smoothie.

The Guz
Nov 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
The wheel cleaner sounds interesting. I will definitely look into it. Hopefully a larger version is available for the detailer line. How do the spray wax and spray detailer compare to ultimate line up?

jankerson
Nov 5th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Interesting, wonder what line these are replacing?

ca2kjet
Nov 5th, 2013, 04:29 AM
I'm going to go broke in 2014... I think I'll be buying just about everything introduced so far :drool1

Wors
Nov 5th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Great new 2014 lineup. The wheel cleaner and spray wax interest me.

greg0303
Nov 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Very nice line of new products.

Alfisti
Nov 5th, 2013, 06:40 AM
What does DUB stand for?

Stephan
Nov 5th, 2013, 06:51 AM
DUB, founded in January 2000, is a North American magazine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine) covering urban (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_culture) custom car (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_car) culture and also features celebrities and their vehicles. The magazine also launched the DUB Magazine Custom Auto Show & Concert, a nationwide car show and concert tour that spans 16 United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) cities. DUB now has many licensed goods that include Jada Toys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jada_Toys)' DUB City die-cast and radio controlled vehicles, DUB Edition car accessories, and Rockstar Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Games)' Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Club#Midnight_Club_3:_DUB_Edition) video game. The term "DUB" is street slang for custom wheels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_wheel) 20" or larger in diameter and was popularized through hip hop music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_music). DUB was founded by Myles Kovacs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myles_Kovacs), Haythem Haddad (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Haythem_Haddad&action=edit&redlink=1), and Herman Flores, who continue to head the company located in Industry, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry,_California).

courtesy Wikipedia.com

jvs1991
Nov 5th, 2013, 07:22 AM
The wax, wheel cleaner and detailer look cool. Are these similar to anything you guys have now or totally different formulas?

ftboomer
Nov 5th, 2013, 07:23 AM
DUB: as I always knew it originally came from people who stepped up from 19" wheels to 20"+, Ridin' on DUB's meant you had wheels 20"or larger.

opps, someone beat me to it

Sorry, back on topic

Ghawk
Nov 5th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Oooooh I'm excited for the wheel cleaner! If it works half as good as Sonax Full Effect, I will have every bottle!

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2013, 08:07 AM
We thought this line might generate a bit of discussion. To address a couple of question already asked here:

1. This line does not replace any existing line. It is a collaborative effort between Meguiar's and DUB and all marketing of the product line will be handled by DUB. Our Customer Care Center will act as tech support for the line, but DUB will be responsible for all advertising and marketing. We created these products for DUB based on their request and it marks a bit of return to "co branding" that we've done in the past (Mercedes Benz, MOPAR, Fender Guitars, Jeldwin Doors, etc).

2. The spray wax and spray detailer are not hydrophobic formulations so they are not at all like our Ultimate Line. Performance wise they are closer to Gold Class but not simply a repackaging of that line.

Below is the press release put together to announce the partnership:

MEGUIAR'S AND DUB ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH NEW CAR CARE PRODUCT LINE

Two Strong Brands Unite to Create Unique Products Tailored to the Urban Automotive Lifestyle

Irvine, Calif. - Brought together by their mutual passion for the automotive hobby, Meguiar's, the world leader in car care, and DUB, the original automotive lifestyle magazine and event series, have partnered together to create an all new car care product line, DUB Developed by Meguiar's. Complete with six unique products the line is being unveiled at the 2013 SEMA Show and was developed with the young urban lifestyle individual in mind. The entire line will be available to auto enthusiasts in 2014.

With Meguiar's experience and credibility and DUB's influence and passion to drive the urban market, the companies decided to partner together to create a unique product line that gives a new look and feel to car care. Each company was actively involved in the development process, ensuring that the line met the application, quality and desired experience standards of each organization.

"DUB has always been at the forefront of the urban automotive lifestyle, which is why we were excited to partner with them to create this car care line," said David Cairns, VP of Sales and Marketing. "By combining Meguiar's 112 years of automotive care knowledge with DUB's innate understanding of the young urban enthusiast, we were able to join forces to create something truly special."

Each DUB Developed by Meguiar's product was developed to be quick and easy to apply and features bright bold colors, a new matte finish bottle, and a special "DUB Effect" developed through a collaborative effort with the DUB team which includes specialized scents and other distinct features. The line will feature the following exciting products:

Spray Liquid Wax - Easily applied, spray-on wax that has an ultra-slick feel and a clean citrus smell
Spray Detailer - Quickly removes light dust and debris and leaves behind a light shine and green apple fragrance
Interior Clean & Shine - Gently cleans leather, vinyl, plastic and navigation screens and gives a light shine with a long lasting blackberry fragrance
Tire Shine - Leaves behind an extremely high gloss shine and has an adjustable nozzle that allows consumers to control how much product they want to apply depending on the profile of their tires
Metal Polish - Medium metal polish keeps wheels, grill and metal accents shining bright with a raspberry fragrance
Wheel Cleaner - Effectively cleans wheels and targets brake dust and completely safe to use on all wheels and components under the fender well. When applied, the formula transitions from a yellow-green hue to a red color highlighting the cleansing action as the solution interacts and attacks brake dust grime.

"It is an honor and privilege to partner with such an iconic brand as Meguiar's," says Myles Kovacs, President and Co-Founder of DUB. "DUB has always been a big fan of Meguiar's product innovation and quality. This collaboration is the best of both worlds."

The DUB Developed by Meguiar's family product line will be available at DUB events, mass retailers and auto enthusiast stores nationwide in 2014. For more information or to order online, consumers can visit www.dubcarcare.com (http://www.dubcarcare.com/).

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Oooooh I'm excited for the wheel cleaner! If it works half as good as Sonax Full Effect, I will have every bottle!
That product is one of several on the market utilizing a specific ingredient that reacts with iron and provides the color changing effect - and that oh so wonderful aroma (NOT!). This new DUB wheel cleaner behaves in the very same way, is safe on all wheel surfaces, but we've managed to tone down (to some degree at least) that characteristic aroma.

jankerson
Nov 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM
OK, now I get it. :thankyou1

Matt-erhorn
Nov 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
OMG I can't wait for the wheel cleaner! Ghawk was right, if this is as good as every other Meguiar's product. This will always have a space on my shelf since it's half the price of sonax.

Murr1525
Nov 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM
How does the wheel cleaner work with the Brake Dust Barrier? Same hazing?

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2013, 01:52 PM
How does the wheel cleaner work with the Brake Dust Barrier? Same hazing?
Mat, if you're talking about my experience with TriX on a BDB coated wheel, I honestly haven't tried it yet. But I don't think it will be an issue because there's something different in TriX than in Full Effect or even IronX - neither of those two caused the issue I had before using TriX, or since. And I only applied TriX on that one wheel before seeing the problem so BDB is still on my other wheels. I've used Full Effect and IronX on them since that time and saw no staining.

davey g-force
Nov 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Interesting looking line of products...

Murr1525
Nov 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Yes, I meant the TRIX.

Sounds good then, though might miss the bit of tar remover as well, hard to say.

What if the car paint needed the brake dust removed, would this be safe for the car?

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Yes, I meant the TRIX.

Sounds good then, though might miss the bit of tar remover as well, hard to say.

What if the car paint needed the brake dust removed, would this be safe for the car?
Well, we don't specifically market it that way, and I'll have to double check with our R&D guys, but odds are it's totally safe for use that way, just as IronX and TriX are. It is a pH neutral product safe to use on all wheel surfaces, including bare, high polished aluminum. A catalyzed factory clear coat is pretty tough stuff so this should be OK.

But keep in mind, that's a SHOULD BE OK and not a green light to use it that way. Let's see what our R&D guys say first.

v8mustang
Nov 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I'm interested in the wheel cleaner. When will these products be in stores?

Matt-erhorn
Nov 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I just thought about something. Is the wheel cleaner a foam or gel type product such as Full Effect?

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I'm interested in the wheel cleaner. When will these products be in stores?
Probably not until the middle of Q1 2014

I just thought about something. Is the wheel cleaner a foam or gel type product such as Full Effect?
It's sort of a gel like product - very similar to Full Effect in that regard. It is a spray, obviously, but it comes out in the almost gel like consistency. Maybe not identical (it is, after all, not a repackaged version since our R&D guys came up with the actual formula) but similar. The price point, however, is simply amazing given the similar performance.

jarred767
Nov 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Add Content

ffboy
Nov 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Nice! How would the DUB Spray Wax and Detailer compare to the Ultimate and Gold Class product line? Example, does DUB Spray Wax contain any kind of protective polymer or more traditional carnauba like Gold Class?

Maybe in the future, maybe middle of 2014, a real liquid or even paste wax should be released under the DUB line.

RockCrushin150
Nov 5th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe in the future, maybe middle of 2014, a real liquid or even paste wax should be released under the DUB line.

I was really kind of surprised myself that there was not a stand alone traditional liquid and/or paste wax. But then it probably depends on who it is being marketed towards. I know a lot of people who feel that they do not need to use a traditional type of wax as long as they either use a car soap that says wax on it or just a spray wax.

tguil
Nov 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Even though I have had 20's on my last three Ram pickups, I don't think the DUB Line is for me. I am far from "urban and young" and live in a chunk of native prairie in Nebraska. When is Meguiar's going to team up with the Farm Bureau.:laughing

ffboy
Nov 5th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Even though I have had 20's on my last three Ram pickups, I don't think the DUB Line is for me. I am far from "urban and young" and live in a chunk of native prairie in Nebraska. When is Meguiar's going to team up with the Farm Bureau.:laughing

Meguiars should still work for you, regardless of where you live or nature of your work. Same goes for the DUB line. Start of with meguiars product line (your choice) then maintain with DUB...

BillE
Nov 6th, 2013, 04:24 AM

Good one Tom. :LOLOL:

Bill

jankerson
Nov 6th, 2013, 04:40 AM

I wanted to post something similar to that, but just wasn't sure how to word it so I wouldn't get banned. :hide1

It's defiantly not targeted to me that's for sure. LOL

the other pc
Nov 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM
That product is one of several on the market utilizing a specific ingredient that reacts with iron and provides the color changing effect - and that oh so wonderful aroma (NOT!). This new DUB wheel cleaner behaves in the very same way, is safe on all wheel surfaces, but we've managed to tone down (to some degree at least) that characteristic aroma.
Will it still change color on carbon-ceramic brake dust?

I was hoping to pick up an F12 before the next TNOG and would hate to miss out on the fun.

tguil
Nov 6th, 2013, 07:15 PM
:ban …. I'm too darn old and loyal to be banned. Been using Meguiar's products exclusively (except for ONR :D) since the early 1970's.

Tom :cool:

KyleGates
Nov 9th, 2013, 06:23 AM
So I gotta ask, any way we will see a bulk packaged version of the color changing wheel cleaner for the Detailer line. That would be amazingly affordable.

JOCKTHEGLIDE
Nov 12th, 2013, 03:41 AM
maybe im the halfway guy I have 20s in the back and 18s in the front...maybe i will buy half their products to test out.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/shift4knights/garage2_zps11b379b2.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/shift4knights/media/garage2_zps11b379b2.jpg.html)

The Guz
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM
For those of you who are curious about the wheel cleaner. This was posted on maguiar's facebook page.
http://www.dubmagazine.com/dubdaily/2013/12/dub-wheel-cleaner-time-lapse-video/

Daniel Kinder
Dec 31st, 2013, 10:29 AM
I am suddenly craving a fruit smoothie.LOL, Me to buddy!!!!!

Daniel Kinder
Dec 31st, 2013, 10:46 AM

That's funny tguil!!!

Eldorado2k
Feb 23rd, 2014, 06:59 AM
I saw these bottles for the 1st time yesterday and for the price it'd be good to give to my little bro so he can add some kind of wax to his CTS. But the lack of hydrophobic makes me want to just get him the UQW instead.. But the "DUB" will seem cooler and more appealling to him which will lead to him actually using it;p

The OCD in me will most likely clay, UP, and properly wax it the traditional way for him. Lol.

But he needs to at least quik wax. I washed his car for fun last week and seeing zero beading & water sheeting almost felt like a crime.

imacarnut
Feb 23rd, 2014, 06:29 PM
Looks like walmart has reset their shelves for new products and i saw most of these there last night.

The Guz
Mar 9th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I recently picked up the wheel cleaner. D143 is usually my goto wheel cleaner. I had a chance to try out the wheel cleaner today. It had been about 2 weeks since I last washed my daily driver and figured this would be a good test for the wheel cleaner.
My thoughts:

It is neon green in color and changed to reddish/purple.
It took about 1-2 min for me to start seeing a color change within the barrels, calipers and the rotors themselves. I did not see a drastic color change on the lip of my wheels or on the spokes.
For real light brake dust this would work great as a spray and rinse. But if your wheels have a good layer of built up brake dust, such as mine, you will need to agitate the wheels with a brush.
The smell is pretty strong. It is supposed to be masked in I believe pina colada. But I noticed the smell to linger around a little. Not a deal breaker.
The bottle sprays out just enough product to use it multiple times. Not too much foam like hot rims all wheel cleaner. I did all 4 wheels and I still have about 1/2 -3/4's remaining.

Overall it worked great to remove brake dust. It makes it a nice maintenance wheel cleaner until a new tire dressing is to be applied since this only cleans wheels and not tires. I would not mind seeing this offered in the detailer line.

I recommend it and I would buy this again.

vrodri16
Mar 9th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I did a full on test with the Dub wheel cleaner with pics, with some time I should have a full review posted tomorrow. Included will be a review of the new Ultimate Black Tire Coating :D

Eldorado2k
Mar 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM
I'm going to pick up the Dub Tire Shine once I run out of my current stuff. I hear it shines like crazy.

FUN 4 2
Mar 28th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Coming to Canada ??

imacarnut
Mar 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Very cool! The Dub Wheel Cleaner is another option to those who like the Sonax Wheel Cleaner and not only is it less expensive, but being able to find it OTC is a big plus.

The Guz
Mar 28th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Stopped by my local pep boys and was tempted to pick up the tire shine and interior dressing. But they did have the tire cleaner on sale for $8 through 4/6/14.

pharden
Jun 12th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Im having a hard time finding the DUB products in stores anymore. Someone mentioned it's been discontinued. Anyone know if that is true?