PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher

Michael Stoops
Oct 24th, 2014, 03:35 PM
A completely redesigned DA polisher. We developed this tool from the ground up in conjunction with a major US tool manufacturer. Weighing in at 5.4lbs, the MT300 is lightweight, beautifully balanced, and incredibly smooth in operation. Coupled with our new 5" DA Foam Discs the MT300 provides cutting ability and smoothness of operation approaching tools costing much more.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2294/MT300.png

Thumb Adjustable Speed Dial: Easily accessible, the settings dial in the actual OPM speeds of the tool, from a low of 3000 OPM to a top end of 7500 OPM.
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2294/medium/20141029_135116.jpg

Billet Counterweight: The single piece, billet counterweight is perfectly matched to our new backing plate and foam discs. Coupled with the triple bearing design, the MT300 delivers incredibly smooth and quiet operation at any speed.
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2294/medium/20141029_135002.jpg

Part #: MT300
Price: MSRP is $359 but check with your favorite retailer for discounted pricing

Mike Phillips
Nov 4th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Nice job Meguiar's!

:doublethumbsup2

Selectchoice
Nov 4th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Sure to be a sure fire winner!

Is this coming in a 240V version too?

Selectchoice
Nov 4th, 2014, 07:15 AM
FYI, love the 'Digital Torque Management' wording. There's a few sales in those three words alone I'm sure!

And the price range looks about right to me too. Well done!

jarred767
Nov 4th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Very interesting, so many new toys!!!!!

RMD
Nov 4th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Looks nice. The 8mm throw is the same as the g110v2, PCXP, and the GG6. What is the wattage on this new machine, and what are the specific advantages of this machine over the other 8mm throw polishers on the market?

Michael Stoops
Nov 4th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Is this coming in a 240V version too?
That's probably a little ways down the road yet.

The Guz
Nov 4th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Very nice.

Michael Stoops
Nov 4th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Looks nice. The 8mm throw is the same as the g110v2, PCXP, and the GG6. What is the wattage on this new machine, and what are the specific advantages of this machine over the other 8mm throw polishers on the market?
Great questions! Wattage is 500W but that doesn't even begin to tell the story of any tool. The Rupes 21 is only rated at 500W but it's quite the defect slayer.

There are a handful of major factors that really impact tool performance: power (watts/amps), speed, stroke length, and torque. You can easily have a tool rated at a relatively high watt spec, but that's not a guarantee of torque as you can still stall a high wattage motor if it's an inefficient piece. Tool speed can be a major player as well, since faster speed generally leads to more defect removal (although that's not always the case). But you have to be able to maintain that speed under pressure or you lose cut very quickly, and in order to maintain speed under pressure (ie, maintain pad rotation under load) you need high torque. Stroke length can also yield in increase in cut, but often at the expense of ease of use on tighter contours, on edge work (this is perhaps the greatest downfall of tall stroke tools) and close to trim pieces, mirrors, door handles, etc. Even so, without sufficient torque, it can very easy to suppress pad rotation on a tall stroke tool and as always, when that happens your cut drops significantly.

You may recall the "Cruise Control" feature we talked about with the G110v2. This new "Digital Torque Management" is not just a fancy new turn of phrase for the old Cruise Control - it's a completely different mechanism. DTM actually reads the speed of the motor shaft and compensates under load by increase the amperage in order to maintain the load speed. Torque is very high on this tool. So much so that at 4800 OPM and above you can apply considerable downward pressure (like, almost crazy amounts - stuff you would never do in real world paint polishing) and still maintain pad rotation. For example: starting today and all week long, we are demonstrating this tool in our booth at SEMA by buffing out sanding marks on a Mercedes SLS AMG Gullwing (in black, of course) and we are using this tool with our new thin foam cutting discs and D300. When we did our initial testing on this car we found that we could quickly remove 3000 grit sanding marks with the tool running at 4800 - 5800 OPM and that foam cutting pad and D300. We selected D300, incidentally, due to the total lack of dust, and that's kind of important for us in the setting of our booth at SEMA. Anyway, after removing those sanding marks quite quickly, we noticed some pigtails that were created in the sanding process. Anyone who's ever battled pigtails knows how deep they can be, and therefore how difficult they can be to remove. We merely applied a bit more D300 and, with the tool at 5800 OPM and a noticeable increase in pressure - but still not at all what we would consider heavy pressure - and the pigtails came out quite easily. And this car has pretty hard paint; when I last detailed it I needed M100 on microfiber pads with a Rupes 21 to remove the deeper scratches. But pigtails with an 8mm stroke DA and foam pads? Well, today I'm very confident that I could easily do the same with this tool and our new pads. Oh, and keep in mind, those pigtails were removed with moderate pressure and 5800 OPM and this new tool tops out at 7500 OPM - we had a ton of speed in reserve and quite frankly just didn't need it.

Now, add to all of the above the fact that we've got a new, billet one piece counterweight that is specifically matched to our backing plate and new pads and the multi bearing assembly, and you get an incredibly smooth feel from the tool. It's also extremely well balanced and has a surprisingly thin form factor that makes for a great grip on the tool, especially for those times when one hand buffing is called for. Honestly, the weight of the tool is just a fraction below that of most other typical DA buffers on the market (technically it's lighter than all of the 8mm stroke tools on the market, but admittedly not by a huge amount). But when you first pick it up, it's just so nicely balanced that virtually everyone comments on how very light it is. It's actually the balance that their noticing. And that balance is still noticeable when polishing paint with the tool. Plus it's quieter than most of the tools on the market. Balance, noise and smoothness of operation make for a very favorable user experience (lower vibrations means less feedback to the hands), and when you couple all that with the level of torque provided, this is an 8mm stroke tool that acts like it's a much bigger (and more expensive) beast.

Setec Astronomy
Nov 4th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a fantastic tool and priced right, as well. Great explanation of why/how this tool is the way it is, and not a Flex 3401 or a Rupes.

Does it come with a backing plate?

Michael Stoops
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Sounds like a fantastic tool and priced right, as well. Great explanation of why/how this tool is the way it is, and not a Flex 3401 or a Rupes.

No, no backing plate with the tool. As much as we'd like everyone to buy our new backing plate we know that any of you who currently work with a G110v2, Porter Cable, Griots, etc already have a backing plate and pads that you already use and love. Although, seriously, do yourself a big favor and pick up our new 5" foam discs ..... you'll love them!

RMD
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the detailed response Michael. Should be an awesome product, especially at that price point. I love my GG6 for its power and torque but it is quite loud, which is a concern living in a condo or with neighbors close by, not to mention the users' hearing loss over time. The smoothness and quiet operation factors are what I like most about my Rupes, but the tendency to stop spinning on curves is a major drawback and limits it overall usefulness to me. This new tool sounds like it will combine the best attributes of the other free spinning DA's and eliminate the negatives; basically the best of both worlds.

Hernandez.Art13
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:34 AM
I'm assuming we are going to be able to try this next Thursday? Nov. 13th.

Plus all the other goodies! :patriot

Michael Stoops
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Most definitely, Art- new tool, new pads, and other goodies.

Hernandez.Art13
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Most definitely, Art- new tool, new pads, and other goodies.

:steering

jarred767
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Great info Mike, thanks so much. I was contemplating buying a Flex to pair with my other DAs (Rupes 21, Meg's G110(x2), and a GG6), but now there's this option. And at a much better price point! Gonna have to do even more research now :xyxthumbs

can't wait to hear some first hand reviews too from those of you who get to try it out later this month!

kikibobo
Nov 4th, 2014, 09:58 AM
When will this be available for purchase?
I just happen to be in the market for a new polisher.

Hernandez.Art13
Nov 4th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Here's one! (question)

So the MT300 doesn't come with a backing plate. (bummer) right?

but Meguiar's is also introducing 3 new backing plates. 3",5", and 6"

so is there a secret message here? The new bp's do seem really heavily reinforced.

So will the new 3 bp's be compatible with the new MT300

Hernandez.Art13
Nov 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/ScreamKingArt/MT300_zpsa8fb54f2.png (http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/ScreamKingArt/media/MT300_zpsa8fb54f2.png.html)

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/ScreamKingArt/da-plates_zpsf391ce16.jpg (http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/ScreamKingArt/media/da-plates_zpsf391ce16.jpg.html)

^ Like this?

allenk4
Nov 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Rotation Indicator....why don't they all have one?

Great job Meguiar's

Mike...you are now my 2nd favorite Stoops...firmly behind Bob Stoops at Oklahoma

Looking forward to the event on the 13th

torque
Nov 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Nice looking polisher and specs. What kind of warranty does it comes with and who does the repair work?

Michael Stoops
Nov 4th, 2014, 10:54 AM
When will this be available for purchase?
I just happen to be in the market for a new polisher.
It could be available as soon as late December, but let me double check and get back to you.

Here's one! (question)

So the MT300 doesn't come with a backing plate. (bummer) right?

but Meguiar's is also introducing 3 new backing plates. 3",5", and 6"

so is there a secret message here? The new bp's do seem really heavily reinforced.

So will the new 3 bp's be compatible with the new MT300
Yes, the 3" backing plate will fit the MT300

Rotation Indicator....why don't they all have one?

Great job Meguiar's

Mike...you are now my 2nd favorite Stoops...firmly behind Bob Stoops at Oklahoma

Looking forward to the event on the 13th
When looking at the pro market and rotary buffers, many of them give actual speeds on the dial setting. We liked the idea and, knowing it was unique in the DA world, decided to go with it. And placing the dial on top of the tool it's a cinch to adjust your speed on the fly. The numbers are pretty large and readable, too, so they're easy to see (you know, for those of us requiring reading glasses from time to time!).

Nice looking polisher and specs. What kind of warranty does it comes with and who does the repair work?
Warranty is one year, and we're still working out details for repair of damaged tools.

This is probably as good a time as any to point out something else that we know is going to be very important to a lot of people during decision making time. We actually partnered with a very well known and highly respected global tool manufacturer to design this tool. It is most definitely NOT an off the shelf item that we simply rebranded, nor is it something we found and modified. We worked very closely with this tool manufacturer and relied on their many decades of experience developing power tools. We gave the design brief for the tool - size, weight, noise level, balance, smoothness of operation, quality of materials and workmanship, etc. Their engineers (and even I had the opportunity to talk with them in our own training garage during development!) dissected and analyzed pretty much everything on the market. Things like that one piece billet counterweight and the multi bearing design aid immensely in the smoothness of operation, but other factors (that multi bearing aspect included) go a long way toward durability of the tool. Actually, the main reason for the multi bearing design was durability, but additional smoothness is a happy by product of the design. Yes, the tool is assembled in China - says so right on the label so we aren't trying to sidestep anything. But it's not made in some anonymous factory. That tool company we've partnered with has been assembling their "engineered in America" tools in China for a while now, and they have "boots on the ground" so to speak overseeing things. Think of the difference between a cheap, knockoff mp3 player or tablet that is designed and built in China, and the way Apple manages "made in China". Huge difference, and something we did not enter into lightly.

Hernandez.Art13
Nov 4th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks Mike.

And just clarify what I meant was, if the three new backing plates. So the 3",5",6" backing plates, will be compatible.

Well seems they will all fit, and we''ll all see what the majority of Detailers prefers the setup to be with the MT300. Heck who knows, it might even be modded soon. Lol

So now I guess time will tell.

drumdan
Nov 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Beautiful! Can't wait to hear more about this tool!

Selectchoice
Nov 4th, 2014, 01:19 PM
That's probably a little ways down the road yet.

A little ways down the road is fine Mike. As long as it's on the truck....:chuckle1

Tac07
Nov 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Just in time for Christmas, but Duck hunting trip or new DA. Hmm decisions decisions. New DA looks great and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

juliom2
Nov 4th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I don't know if this is correct to say but...........IT IS SO PRETTY!!!!:new2:new2
Love the sophisticated look......cant wait to get my hands on one!!!!
Awesome Job with design and attention to detail on the tool.

Michael Stoops
Nov 4th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I don't know if this is correct to say but...........IT IS SO PRETTY!!!!:new2:new2
Love the sophisticated look......cant wait to get my hands on one!!!!
Awesome Job with design and attention to detail on the tool.
You know what, it is a good looking little buffer, isn't it Julio?!?!?! It has a surprisingly small form factor and fits great in the hand. It really is a pleasure to use!

imacarnut
Nov 4th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Mike, have you noticed any difference in overall polishing/compounding/correction abilities (quicker, less passes, etc.) compared to the G110v2 or any of the other current traditional style DA's over prolonged use and testing? Continue to have a Safe and Fun time out there in Vegas!

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Mike, have you noticed any difference in overall polishing/compounding/correction abilities (quicker, less passes, etc.) compared to the G110v2 or any of the other current traditional style DA's over prolonged use and testing? Continue to have a Safe and Fun time out there in Vegas!
There is no doubt that this tool has more torque and power than the G110v2 or any other DA in that class. When coupled with the new thin foam cutting disc I have yet to run this tool much above 5800 OPM for any length of time as I simply don't need to. This week in our booth at SEMA we are removing 3000 grit sanding marks from a Mercedes SLS AMG with relatively hard paint. We are using D300 on the new cutting pad and we still are not going over 5800 OPM, and we are removing those sanding marks in one section pass. Remember, the tool will run up to 7500 OPM, so we've got plenty in reserve.

Last night Jason Rose and I were doing a demo with the tool to show off the amount of torque: he set it at 5800 OPM and leaned on it, literally putting his body weight into it, and was able to maintain pad spin. I then leaned over Jason and put more pressure down on his shoulder, which was directly over the tool, and the pad was still spinning, albeit quite slowly. But there is no situation in real life paint polishing where you would ever subject the tool (or the paint for that matter!!!!) to that kind of pressure.

Setec Astronomy
Nov 5th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Last night Jason Rose and I were doing a demo with the tool to show off the amount of torque: he set it at 5800 OPM and leaned on it, literally putting his body weight into it, and was able to maintain pad spin. I then leaned over Jason and put more pressure down on his shoulder, which was directly over the tool, and the pad was still spinning, albeit quite slowly. But there is no situation in real life paint polishing where you would ever subject the tool (or the paint for that matter!!!!) to that kind of pressure.

Yeah, that's just craziness. I mean, how could you lean on Jason's shoulder, didn't he just get his arm out of a sling??

Seriously though, I predict this machine is going to be in short supply, I hope your partner has plenty of capacity.

IcedTea
Nov 5th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Is the DTM feature going to give similar results as a forced rotation polisher?<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Scottwax
Nov 5th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Sounds like it would be perfect for tighter areas where a 21 mm throw is just too much and other 8 mm throw DAs don't have enough power. License plate areas and bumpers for example.

ShineDoc
Nov 5th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I have been using the DA Microfiber System for about two years now with a GG6" and GG3" and it has served me well. Would you except better performance with this buffer and the new backing plates and foam pads with DA300, DA301, and DA302?

imacarnut
Nov 5th, 2014, 12:54 PM
There is no doubt that this tool has more torque and power than the G110v2 or any other DA in that class. When coupled with the new thin foam cutting disc I have yet to run this tool much above 5800 OPM for any length of time as I simply don't need to. This week in our booth at SEMA we are removing 3000 grit sanding marks from a Mercedes SLS AMG with relatively hard paint. We are using D300 on the new cutting pad and we still are not going over 5800 OPM, and we are removing those sanding marks in one section pass. Remember, the tool will run up to 7500 OPM, so we've got plenty in reserve.

Wow, that's saying something, I look forward to it's release. Btw.. Any chance of releasing the MF Xtra-Cut Discs in the 3" size in the future? I'm too afraid to cut one up for the sake of ruining it. Thanks for the response! :)

Michael Stoops
Nov 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM
No plans at the moment for 3" Xtra cut mf discs, sorry.

Daniel Kinder
Nov 5th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Seams like Meguiars built a DA that went after a perfect DA to go head to head with the rupes & Flex 3401 DA's.

I've used 9227 Makita's/ DeWalts 849's/ Great G100 DA. Have a HF Rotary & 6'' DA/ Flex 3401/ 7424XP/ GG 3'' DA and find myself using my 7424XP more often and if I need more cutting power I grab my M100 and cutting pads or DA disk's.

Trying to get my G100 DA back (stupid mistake getting rid of it) But I see a MT300 in my future, Have some great features That is going to make this DA one of the best if not the Best!

Thanks Meguiars for some Great New Products for This Coming Year!!!!

Selectchoice
Nov 5th, 2014, 03:10 PM
No plans at the moment for 3" Xtra cut mf discs, sorry.

I would think the regular 3" microfibre cutting discs would have a strong enough cut factor due to their reduced size (therefore increased cut factor). Correct me if I am wrong but an xtra cut pad in 3" might be bordering on too potent for DA use.

mohebmhanna
Nov 6th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Hi Mike,
Excellent Job!!, really I like the new DA. When it'll be available and it'll come with the new backing plate ( 5" )/ new pads (cutting, polishing & finishing) as a package. What will be the expecting price for this package? However, despite I like the new look I would like to ask you this, after you alreday used it, what the main difference or advantages of the new DA compared to the Meg G110V2? both of them are 8mm throw - I know you provided some information above. Is any kind of forced rotation embedded in the new DA + the torque management. BTW, could you please post the video at SEMA that demonstrates the new DA in action? Just I would like to understand in more detail how this Tool being designed and what make it more steps above the G110V2 - Excellent Job Meguiars - Thanks

smack
Nov 6th, 2014, 08:47 AM
This is very cool!!

I am really liking the design of this new tool. Very ergonomically friendly and looks to be well balanced. I am also in love with the trigger and trigger lock. This is what I like to see in a polisher. Im sure this new offering is going to be a beast and can't wait to see more of it.

I think the 8mm throw will be plenty for this machine. This makes the tool VERY versatile in what you can do with it. What I would like to see or know is how this tool will perform with a 6" sanding disc attached to it....

Way to go Meguiar's!

juliom2
Nov 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Yancy @ Autogeek capture this ones......Looking good!!!:notworthy

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11521.JPG

Guess who!!??

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11501.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11511.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11531.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11541.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11551.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11561.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11571.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2580/AG-SEMASHOW-11581.JPG

Thanks Yancy and Autogeek. They are covering the SEMA Show 2014 by the inch.

davey g-force
Nov 6th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Awesome! This one has my interest Scottwax3

Eldorado2k
Nov 6th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Howdy Mike :waves
Great write up, and from what it looks like, great attention to detail by the masterminds at Meguiars in the production of this new polisher.

@Michael Stoops. Thank you very much for your great consideration in hosting this special post SEMA TNOG.. SEMA week is probably among the busiest weeks of work/travel for someone like you.. And for you to go the extra mile and host a special encore TNOG that includes the opprotunity to test out all the new goodies including a brand spanking new Meguiars polisher... Well that's what I call genuine Class.
You're the the man Senor Stoops! Your good heart and true consideration towards other's doesn't go unnoticed.. It Gleams! :doublethumbsup

Selectchoice
Nov 7th, 2014, 12:27 AM
@Michael Stoops. Thank you very much for your great consideration in hosting this special post SEMA TNOG.. SEMA week is probably among the busiest weeks of work/travel for someone like you.. And for you to go the extra mile and host a special encore TNOG that includes the opprotunity to test out all the new goodies including a brand spanking new Meguiars polisher... Well that's what I call genuine Class.
You're the the man Senor Stoops! Your good heart and true consideration towards other's doesn't go unnoticed.. It Gleams! :doublethumbsup

Seconded! Must be hectic keeping up with all the new product releases and SEMA. Mike never misses in answering our questions and keeping us updated.

Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Thanks Mike! :xyxthumbs

Michael Stoops
Nov 7th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Guys, thank you but you're being way too kind. Quite honestly, and quite literally, I'm just doing my job - plain and simple. Admittedly I happen to love my job, in large part because of people like you. But let's make something clear here, please; Meguiar's is hosting TNOG , not me. I'm just the guy lucky enough to be there representing the company.

Jarhead0754
Nov 7th, 2014, 03:08 PM
How does this compare to the rupes?

quebert
Nov 7th, 2014, 11:26 PM
I can't afford a Rupes or Flex, this interests me. I don't have a DA and will be needing one in a few months, so the release timing is about perfect. It's going to be between this one and the Torq, I'll read a few reviews and watch some YT videos and make my mind up. This looks pretty impressive from little bit I've read on it.

Eldorado2k
Nov 8th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I see, I see.. I guess I'm just excited about being 1 of the 25 people who get to test out the new stuff this Thursday:)

mohebmhanna
Nov 8th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Looking forward to your inputs from this Thursday.

Eldorado2k
Nov 9th, 2014, 06:44 AM
I'm usually pretty modest on these Thursdays, but there's no way I'm passing up a chance to get hands on with this new polisher. It's gonna be a great time. I hope someone brings the swirls!:)

Michael Stoops
Nov 10th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Yeah, that's just craziness. I mean, how could you lean on Jason's shoulder, didn't he just get his arm out of a sling??

Other shoulder!!! No way I'd be doing anything to harm my good buddy Jason Rose!!!

Is the DTM feature going to give similar results as a forced rotation polisher?<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
No, not at all. Since it's a dual action polisher if you put it up on edge you can still stop rotation, just as you can with any other DA on the market.

I have been using the DA Microfiber System for about two years now with a GG6" and GG3" and it has served me well. Would you except better performance with this buffer and the new backing plates and foam pads with DA300, DA301, and DA302?I hate comparing our products to the competition, but I can tell you from first hand experience running the GG6 side by side with this tool that you'll never want to use the GG6 again once you get your hands on the MT300. It is so much quieter, so much smoother, so much easier to control and it still cuts like crazy.

Hi Mike,
Excellent Job!!, really I like the new DA. When it'll be available and it'll come with the new backing plate ( 5" )/ new pads (cutting, polishing & finishing) as a package. What will be the expecting price for this package? However, despite I like the new look I would like to ask you this, after you alreday used it, what the main difference or advantages of the new DA compared to the Meg G110V2? both of them are 8mm throw - I know you provided some information above. Is any kind of forced rotation embedded in the new DA + the torque management. BTW, could you please post the video at SEMA that demonstrates the new DA in action? Just I would like to understand in more detail how this Tool being designed and what make it more steps above the G110V2 - Excellent Job Meguiars - ThanksThe MT300 is sold alone - no pads or backing plates. Compared to the G110v2 the MT300 is better balanced, more powerful (in terms of amps, which matters, and not watts, which doesn't), has a superior power management (ie Digital Torque Management versus Cruise Control) and is overall smoother in operation. Don't let the fact that both are 8mm stroke tools. The G110v2, GG6 and the PC7424XP are all 8mm stroke tools but the PC is much, much easier to bog down under pressure than those other two.

How does this compare to the rupes?Shorter stroke, which makes if far superior when doing edge work, but still gobs of torque to keep the pad spinning even under heavy pressure.

I can't afford a Rupes or Flex, this interests me. I don't have a DA and will be needing one in a few months, so the release timing is about perfect. It's going to be between this one and the Torq, I'll read a few reviews and watch some YT videos and make my mind up. This looks pretty impressive from little bit I've read on it.You are exactly the target market we had in mind with this tool. There is a very large gap, both in terms of price AND performance, between the existing crop of 8mm stroke tools and the "big guns" on the high end. It's a tough call for a lot of people to step up from a tool in the $150 range (all the existing 8mm tools) when the only options are in the $400 range - that's a big jump in cost. We wanted to fill that big void but keep pricing closer to the low end while providing power that leans toward the high end.

quebert
Nov 11th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I know this machine's not even out yet, but 1 other question. Is there any possibility for HD model with a 25 foot heavier gauge cord in the works for down the road? I'm guessing this will have the standard fairly short regular gauge power cord. Either way even without reading any reviews, I'm about 99% sold on this being my 1st DA.

Detail Werks
Nov 11th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I had a great experience using the MT300 Daul Action Polisher at SEMA this year, Meguiars was generous enough to let my team (The Ford Vehicle Car Care Team consisting of Kevin Brown, Jose Fernandez, Eric Muehlhaus, Ryan Sunok, and myself) and I use it to prep over 50 cars in the Ford booth this year. It's a well balanced machine that feels good in your hands, very smooth with lots of torque and pad rotation. The DTM works great when you need that extra power to muscle through more difficult paint defects. When using the MT300 with the new low profile foam discs there wasn't anything we could not handle.

Selectchoice
Nov 11th, 2014, 09:54 PM
I had a great experience using the MT300 Daul Action Polisher at SEMA this year, Meguiars was generous enough to let my team (The Ford Vehicle Car Care Team consisting of Kevin Brown, Jose Fernandez, Eric Muehlhaus, Ryan Sunok, and myself) and I use it to prep over 50 cars in the Ford booth this year.

That's quite the powerhouse team you assembled Derek! I bet the Fords never looked so good!

Detail Werks
Nov 12th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Yes, it was a blast working with some of the best in the business:)

Michael Stoops
Nov 12th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Well, if Derek likes it that much, that's a pretty solid endorsement!

Hemin8r
Nov 13th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Definitely a nice balanced machine. Feels smooth and if anyone is familiar with the Griots Garage DA Polisher I don't believe it is louder than that so overall it's a great machine. I'll be making space in my tool box of polishers for this machine for sure. Great job Meguiar's!!!

Michael Stoops
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Definitely a nice balanced machine. Feels smooth and if anyone is familiar with the Griots Garage DA Polisher I don't believe it is louder than that so overall it's a great machine. I'll be making space in my tool box of polishers for this machine for sure. Great job Meguiar's!!!
Thanks for that, Jesse!

As for noise, especially compared to that other tool, ours is a LOT quieter (according to SPL testing we've done in the garage) and vibrates a whole lot less.

Dellinger
Nov 13th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Mr. Stoops,

How long is the cord?

Did the MSRP change? I swear the first time I read this thread it stated $199- $249 depending on retailer?

Brushes (and other replacement parts) to be stocked by your guys?

Many thanks!
-Gabe

RPPM
Nov 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Mr. Stoops, will the polisher come with a duffel bag/carry case like the G110V2 does?

The Guz
Nov 13th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Mike I have to thank you, Mike Pennington and Meguiar's for discussing and demoing some of the new 2015 products to a lucky few of us. The MT300 feels good in the hands. Nicely balanced and it just feels good in the hands. Guys you will be very happy with this DA. A definite upgrade over the PC or G110V2.

The pads are also great. I have nothing but good things to say about the construction of the pads and how well they work.

Lovemarks
Nov 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Did the MSRP change? I swear the first time I read this thread it stated $199- $249 depending on retailer?
It sure did change man I was looking foward to it being $200 since I'm looking into buying a DA polisher, it's $250 for the pre-order on autogeek. Now I dont know if I should get it, the GG6 is catching my eye now for the price since its cheaper.

Eldorado2k
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:00 PM
@Dellinger. I didn't have a tape measure on me, but the cord is noticably longer than other machines.. For example, my HF DA has a 6.5' cord. I'd guess the cord on this new MT is about 9' long maybe 10'

It's a 16 gauge cord on the new MT300.

Lovemarks
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Correction its $260 to pre-order on autogeek.

The Guz
Nov 14th, 2014, 12:00 AM
@Dellinger. I didn't have a tape measure on me, but the cord is noticably longer than other machines.. For example, my HF DA has a 6.5' cord. I'd guess the cord on this new MT is about 9' long maybe 10'

It's a 16 gauge cord on the new MT300.

Mike Stoops did mention 9' cord. It's substantially longer than a cord on a PC.

For those that want to pre-order

http://www.detailing.com/store/meguiar-s-mt300-professional-dual-action-polisher.html

Selectchoice
Nov 14th, 2014, 12:35 AM
It sure did change man I was looking foward to it being $200 since I'm looking into buying a DA polisher, it's $250 for the pre-order on autogeek. Now I dont know if I should get it, the GG6 is catching my eye now for the price since its cheaper.

The link to detailing.com The Guz posted has it listed at $219.97. Maybe that's close enough to your $200 ideal to sway your decision back to the Meguiar's machine?

Michael Stoops
Nov 14th, 2014, 09:24 AM
The link to detailing.com The Guz posted has it listed at $219.97. Maybe that's close enough to your $200 ideal to sway your decision back to the Meguiar's machine?
Pricing will vary from seller to seller - that should come as no surprise to anyone. The G110v2 had an MSRP of roughly $230 but it regularly sold for $150 or so. It does appear that this particular seller is offering a great price on the MT300.

RPPM
Nov 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Mr. Stoops, will the polisher come with a duffel bag/carry case like the G110V2 does?

Michael Stoops
Nov 19th, 2014, 10:32 AM
No. This tool is sold by itself - no backing plate, no carry case/bag.

STRIFE
Nov 19th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Pre-order on Amazon for $185.65 ...ships within 3-5 wks...free shipping.
Hopefully the price holds?

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-MT300-Pro-Power-Polisher/dp/B00OTK5JHG/ref=sr_1_283?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1416446746&sr=1-283

The Guz
Nov 19th, 2014, 06:22 PM
^^^ That's a good price. Tempting.

marichardson
Nov 20th, 2014, 10:09 PM
too tempting. Just pulled the trigger order placed thru Autogeek. $219.95 preorder. then additional 15% off with "pre black friday" code good for 24 hours. $186.96 shipped!

mohebmhanna
Dec 3rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Is the new Meg's DA can be used for sanding as well.

The Guz
Dec 17th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Here's the latest video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9_Em3AJ0I

mohebmhanna
Jan 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I pulled the trigger and ordered the MT300 DA from autogeek when they had 15% discount. However, the estimated ship date has been pushed to the right at least 3 times. Is any know what is the reason behind this delays. Thanks

Michael Stoops
Jan 5th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I pulled the trigger and ordered the MT300 DA from autogeek when they had 15% discount. However, the estimated ship date has been pushed to the right at least 3 times. Is any know what is the reason behind this delays. Thanks
As with any such major new product release, things don't always go according to plan with scheduling. The logistics are such that just getting things shipped from manufacturing to distribution centers can be a challenge, and with the whole crazy slow down going on at the ports in LA and LB, that's no help at all. Honestly, we're actually looking into air freighting an initial shipment over, but that is crazy expensive, obviously.

mohebmhanna
Jan 5th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mike for your inputs. If I said the estimated date could be around end of January - is that a realistic date?

Jeepster04
Jan 6th, 2015, 03:53 AM
too tempting. Just pulled the trigger order placed thru Autogeek. $219.95 preorder. then additional 15% off with "pre black friday" code good for 24 hours. $186.96 shipped!

Dang! I shouldve thought about that!

I've placed two orders at Autogeek with 25% off and free shipping. Guess it was in the back of my mind that the discount wouldnt work on that thing... :bawling1

Edit: Well now I know why I didnt, it says right on the page 'Additional discounts are not applicable.'

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-mt300-dual-action-polisher.html

The Guz
Jan 14th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Just got an email notice from Autogeek that these are shipping at the end of January early February.

vietnik
Jan 14th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Just got an email notice from Autogeek that these are shipping at the end of January early February.

Yikes! More delays?

....hope they send some product for the wait.

tapp1
Jan 15th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Just ordered my MT-300 from Detailed Image. 175.99 and free shipping. Sale ends today.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M43/MT300-Dual-Action-Polisher-P966/

C. Charles Hahn
Jan 22nd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Looks like DI is now saying the estimated ship date will be in mid-March! That's one wicked slow boat from China...

Eldorado2k
Jan 28th, 2015, 12:48 AM
It's Chinese New Year.

vietnik
Jan 28th, 2015, 11:16 AM
It's Chinese New Year.

Not yet, February 19th

Eldorado2k
Jan 28th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Oh snap. My bad. Lol

The Guz
Jan 28th, 2015, 01:06 PM
It will be time for the 2016 products by the time we all get the MT300 :chuckle1

The Guz
Feb 2nd, 2015, 01:51 PM
Just got the status call from the rep at Autogeek. Looks like the shipment date has been delayed until the first week in March.

pristine.clean714
Feb 2nd, 2015, 03:44 PM
Just pre-ordered one, can't wait to get my hands on it. This is going to be my first D/A :D

Michael Stoops
Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:48 AM
We know that a lot of you guys have pre-ordered an MT300 and are getting a bit impatient for it, but trust us, the wait is well worth it. We had our first Saturday class of the year this past weekend and everyone was raving about this tool, whether first time DA users or current owners of other brands of DA.

Jeepster04
Feb 4th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Sure wish I could've gotten one for $175 :(. Auto geek made it so discounts wouldn't work with it.

mohebmhanna
Feb 4th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Hi Michael,

We know that a lot of you guys have pre-ordered an MT300 and are getting a bit impatient for it, but trust us, the wait is well worth it. We had our first Saturday class of the year this past weekend and everyone was raving about this tool, whether first time DA users or current owners of other brands of DA.

I'm not trying to ask you hard question but we do you mean by:but trust us, the wait is well worth it.
Is that mean may be you add more improvement to the design. Thanks.

mnitetrain
Feb 17th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Michael my order for the MT300 was 12/13/14. Fortunately still under almost 7 feet of snow at this moment so I can wait another couple weeks but I sure do hope I can get my hands on it sooner rather than later.

Meticulous-Detail
Feb 24th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Anyone get some seat time with the MT300? I am thinking of purchasing a new machine, currently have a PC and GG, not looking to break the bank on a Rupes because I am part time. Is the MT300 a nice step up from the GG? I want to use my PC with a brush attachment, my GG with a 4 inch BP and the MT300 with a 5 inch BP. Any feed back would be appreciated.

mnitetrain
Feb 24th, 2015, 08:21 AM
As far as I know only seat time with the MT300 has been at SEMA and Meguair's training facility, otherwise they are still in production/or transit. Latest estimate of actual shipping to end users/early adapter was supposed to be mid March.

Almost breaks my heart but had -12 degrees this morning and still have about 5 feet of snow on ground so it will still be a while before I would be able to put it to work. Was almost ready to pull trigger on Flex when this popped on the scene and for the price thought I'd give it go. Meanwhile I've let a couple used Flex's pass by waiting for this.

Michael has very strong encouragement to hang in and says it is worth the wait, lots of positive feedback for detailing classes that have had a chance to give it a whirl.

Kind of hoping after waiting over 3 or 4 months they soup it up a bit for the extended wait, I mean some token of extra's is still less expensive than air freighting stock in to fill existing orders............

thedoc46
Feb 28th, 2015, 11:45 AM
According to your online stores 'picture' its showing the MT300 and a backing plate and 3 pads.. However no mention that it includes these outside the actual polisher.. Just want to make sure it comes as a kit for $249, rather than just the polisher.

Please advise..

Also the $25 shipping is a little extortionate (at least for me who's Amazon prime) When will this be available at other places such as Amazon ?

The Guz
Feb 28th, 2015, 12:07 PM

See Mike's response.

No, no backing plate with the tool. As much as we'd like everyone to buy our new backing plate we know that any of you who currently work with a G110v2, Porter Cable, Griots, etc already have a backing plate and pads that you already use and love. Although, seriously, do yourself a big favor and pick up our new 5" foam discs ..... you'll love them!

thedoc46
Feb 28th, 2015, 12:21 PM
See Mike's response.

That's a shame, i was 'just' about to pull the trigger, as a nice person on chat just offered me 10% off, which negated the shipping to free + with no tax to FL, i was almost ready to go !!! sitting in my cart.. but if i have to add a backing plate and pads, then it gets expensive... So i think i'm just going to go with an GG6 autogeek bundle for $30 less, with that including pads and backing plate, and even some polishes it just makes it better value for the likes of me... Sorry Meguiars.

Paul S
Feb 28th, 2015, 02:30 PM
That's a shame, i was 'just' about to pull the trigger, as a nice person on chat just offered me 10% off, which negated the shipping to free + with no tax to FL, i was almost ready to go !!! sitting in my cart.. but if i have to add a backing plate and pads, then it gets expensive... So i think i'm just going to go with an GG6 autogeek bundle for $30 less, with that including pads and backing plate, and even some polishes it just makes it better value for the likes of me... Sorry Meguiars.
When the MT300 becomes available you will kick yourself for not waiting.

C. Charles Hahn
Feb 28th, 2015, 05:46 PM

If price is your primary concern, the DA from Harbor Freight is an even better bargain... it'll get the job done, though admittedly for a cheap price you're getting a cheap tool. IMHO it's worth the wait/price for the MT300, or at the very least try to find a G110v2 (there should still be some floating around).

Eldorado2k
Feb 28th, 2015, 07:15 PM
@C. Charles Hahn. Besides the price and the backing plate it comes with, there's nothing 'cheap' about that tool. Certainly nothing for the average weekend warrior to complain about. Just sayin.

C. Charles Hahn
Feb 28th, 2015, 07:29 PM
@C. Charles Hahn. Besides the price and the backing plate it comes with, there's nothing 'cheap' about that tool. Certainly nothing for the average weekend warrior to complain about. Just sayin.

I'm very much aware of what the HF tool is and what it's capable of. Comparing to other offerings in the segment, it is lacking in terms of refinement, operating smoothness, and build quality. Like I said, it gets the job done if your primary concern is price.

Jeepster04
Feb 28th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Just ordered mine from auto detailing solutions for $175 shipped! Tried to talk myself out of it since Ive spent too much lately but then I remembered taxes are coming! Already bought a couple new 5" polishing pads and a backing plate! Pretty pumped!

Jeepster04
Feb 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Double post

The Guz
Feb 28th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Just ordered mine from auto detailing solutions for $175 shipped! Tried to talk myself out of it since Ive spent too much lately but then I remembered taxes are coming! Already bought a couple new 5" polishing pads and a backing plate! Pretty pumped!

That's a good deal. I'm still waiting on mine. Pre ordered it in December from AGO. It's supposed to ship the first week of March.

thedoc46
Mar 1st, 2015, 03:39 AM
:bawling1

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/meguiars-mt300-polisher-kit.html

$249 shipped inc all the backing plates........ Annoyed at myself here.... I've just gone ahead and went el-cheapo on myself and late last night ordered from Amazon, the Meguiar's G55107 DA Power System Kit. Damn Amazon are so good fast at shipping these days.. I went to go cancel, and the order will already be here tomorrow... I need to learn a little more patience..... I guess i could send it all back, at a cost to me though. At the ADS price point, i really want it now.

thedoc46
Mar 1st, 2015, 03:58 AM

Did you find a coupon code that worked or something? If so please share... I have the $249 bundle in my cart. Guess I'm just gonna have to send back my G55107 DA Power System Kit. lol

Eldorado2k
Mar 1st, 2015, 03:59 AM
How much did you pay?^

Meticulous-Detail
Mar 1st, 2015, 05:52 AM
How did you get it for 175? No coupon codes are working.

mnitetrain
Mar 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
Woot!! ADS and Detailed Imagine updated to shipping 3/5/15!!!

thedoc46
Mar 1st, 2015, 04:17 PM
Just ordered from ADS, $249 delivered including 5" backing plate, and the three Meguiar 5" pads... Lost $8 on having to return the G55107 back to Amazon... Whaddddya gonna do tho huh ??? Still got to go out and buy the Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Polish... Already have the wax, so all good there..

Excited to get this....

mohebmhanna
Mar 2nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
Is the new date for shipping the MT300 DA still the first week in March or further delay is expecting? Any one can provide accurate information as much as possible? That would be great. Thanks

Michael Stoops
Mar 3rd, 2015, 07:34 AM
The first shipment of MT300s has hit our shores and will be leaving our distribution center in the next several days. Retailers who started taking pre orders in the past few months will have them in their facilities shortly after that. How long it then takes a given retailer to fulfill those backorders is something we have no control over, of course, but they are all usually very good at getting these orders out. We appreciate everyone's patience, but the wait is just about over.

mohebmhanna
Mar 3rd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Thanks Mike - looking forward to use the new MT300 DA. Cheers.

mnitetrain
Mar 3rd, 2015, 04:57 PM
LLooks like light at the end of the tunnel! No just the street at the end of my driveway.

thedoc46
Mar 4th, 2015, 03:48 AM
So for when this arrives, what speed settings and pressure do you recommend for the following applications ?

Ultimate Compound
Ultimate Polish
Ultimate Wax

Am I better sticking with the Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish, or should I be looking at some of your other lines of polishing products such as Dual Action Cut Polish /M8332 and M10532

My cars include a brand new 2015 candy white Gti, that has no defects /swirls other than some bird stains on the hood, (about 5 of them) that i did actually take back to VW, and they had their pro's apparently use a rotary or possibly DA buffer and some compound, and a good 10mins of their time... However when I got home I noticed the stain / etching was still there, just not as obvious. In their defense, the sun was shining hard that day and with the car being white it was hard to see them under those conditions. This has me a little concerned, if they couldn't get it out, i'm thinking i may need to get more aggressive. Will the 'generic' ultimate compound be up to the job ?

My other car is a metallic maroon 2013 VW Tiguan, which has been very well looked after. As far as I can tell, there's only a very few hairline scratches here and there, where I perhaps used the wrong wash / dry media during my first initial 2yrs of ownership.. Good news was the car was never that dirty. Both cars were clay bar'd and waxed last weekend, and other than those defects that you'd really know where to look to see them, are otherwise perfect.

Michael Stoops
Mar 4th, 2015, 08:03 AM
So for when this arrives, what speed settings and pressure do you recommend for the following applications ?

Ultimate Compound
Ultimate Polish
Ultimate Wax

Am I better sticking with the Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish, or should I be looking at some of your other lines of polishing products such as Dual Action Cut Polish /M8332 and M10532

My cars include a brand new 2015 candy white Gti, that has no defects /swirls other than some bird stains on the hood, (about 5 of them) that i did actually take back to VW, and they had their pro's apparently use a rotary or possibly DA buffer and some compound, and a good 10mins of their time... However when I got home I noticed the stain / etching was still there, just not as obvious. In their defense, the sun was shining hard that day and with the car being white it was hard to see them under those conditions. This has me a little concerned, if they couldn't get it out, i'm thinking i may need to get more aggressive. Will the 'generic' ultimate compound be up to the job ?

My other car is a metallic maroon 2013 VW Tiguan, which has been very well looked after. As far as I can tell, there's only a very few hairline scratches here and there, where I perhaps used the wrong wash / dry media during my first initial 2yrs of ownership.. Good news was the car was never that dirty. Both cars were clay bar'd and waxed last weekend, and other than those defects that you'd really know where to look to see them, are otherwise perfect.
Given the current condition of your vehicles, it doesn't sound like you need to get very aggressive at all. This tool has a lot of torque so it can cut through all kinds of defects pretty rapidly. Generally speaking, when removing more severe defects you would select the DFC5 burgundy foam cutting disc with Ultimate Compound and run the tool at 5800opm on the dial. Step down to the yellow DFP5 polishing disc with Ultimate Polish at 4800opm, and finish off with Ultimate Wax on a DFF5 black foam disc at 3800opm.

Of course, that's sort of a "textbook" process. In your case, given the current state of the paint on your vehicles, you might want to give them a once over with M205 on the yellow disc at 4800opm to really maximize gloss and clarity. You shouldn't have to buff for very long as M205 does its thing pretty quickly.

As for those speed settings, you will notice that the tool has a max speed of 7500opm and you might be tempted to just crank 'er up and go for it. From experience I can tell you that I have never run this tool higher than 5800opm for any extended period of time, simply because I have not needed to. And that includes removing sanding marks from Mercedes ceramiclear paint using the microfiber pads and M100. This is one gutsy tool!

thedoc46
Mar 4th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Given the current condition of your vehicles, it doesn't sound like you need to get very aggressive at all. This tool has a lot of torque so it can cut through all kinds of defects pretty rapidly. Generally speaking, when removing more severe defects you would select the DFC5 burgundy foam cutting disc with Ultimate Compound and run the tool at 5800opm on the dial. Step down to the yellow DFP5 polishing disc with Ultimate Polish at 4800opm, and finish off with Ultimate Wax on a DFF5 black foam disc at 3800opm.

Of course, that's sort of a "textbook" process. In your case, given the current state of the paint on your vehicles, you might want to give them a once over with M205 on the yellow disc at 4800opm to really maximize gloss and clarity. You shouldn't have to buff for very long as M205 does its thing pretty quickly.

As for those speed settings, you will notice that the tool has a max speed of 7500opm and you might be tempted to just crank 'er up and go for it. From experience I can tell you that I have never run this tool higher than 5800opm for any extended period of time, simply because I have not needed to. And that includes removing sanding marks from Mercedes ceramiclear paint using the microfiber pads and M100. This is one gutsy tool!

Thanks Mike, appreciate the response.. Can't wait to receive my new MT300 :dance1

The Guz
Mar 4th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Received my shipping confirmation from Autogeek. It will be here on Wednesday, 3/11.

mnitetrain
Mar 4th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Tracking from Detailed Image shows mine might be here Friday!!

marichardson
Mar 4th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Finally: Autogeek sent UPS tracking number with expected delivery date 11 March. Long delay is almost over..I hope.

davey g-force
Mar 4th, 2015, 09:07 PM
I can sense a bunch of MT300 reviews coming in the next few weeks! :db:

Eldorado2k
Mar 4th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I want to get 1 now. Lol.

Brad E
Mar 5th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Will receive my son's today, according to Amazon. Looking forward to trying it out.

Michael Stoops
Mar 5th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Will receive my son's today, according to Amazon. Looking forward to trying it out.
Hey, we're even excited by this news!!!

davey g-force
Mar 5th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I want to get 1 now. Lol.

Me too... All the cool kids are doing it! :D

mnitetrain
Mar 5th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Got my low serial number MT300 today. Still too much snow/too cold to put it to work.

Initial impression, a little heavier than I thought it would be, balance seems pretty nice though. Backing plate and pad run into microfiber towel though a few different speeds. Compared to HF DA it is quiet and smooth running. I think the soft start is a great feature.

Think it was worth the wait. Now more waiting for warmer weather. Waiting never ends LOL!

Just got to wait for ice out now.

Michael Stoops
Mar 6th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Got my low serial number MT300 today. Still too much snow/too cold to put it to work.

Initial impression, a little heavier than I thought it would be, balance seems pretty nice though. Backing plate and pad run into microfiber towel though a few different speeds. Compared to HF DA it is quiet and smooth running. I think the soft start is a great feature.

Think it was worth the wait. Now more waiting for warmer weather. Waiting never ends LOL!

Just got to wait for ice out now.
Oh come on...... a little snow and ice and you won't go out and polish paint???? Yeah, we wouldn't either, truth be told!!

Nice to see these getting into people's hands now, even if Mother Nature isn't cooperating in some parts of the country. It should be noted that weight of the tool is roughly 1/10 of a pound less than the G110v2 which is pretty inconsequential, really. But the balance is much better and the smoothness of operation is simply fantastic. Any of you who own a certain red and black colored DA from the Pacific Northwest will be blown away by how smooth and quite the MT300 is in comparison. I love putting the MT300 in the hands of owners of that tool and watch their reactions.

The Guz
Mar 6th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Good sale over on Autopia Car Care.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/promo-details.html

http://pbma-fl.net/autopia/Newsletters/700mt300.jpg

guinner
Mar 7th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I keep seeing that the new 5" pads are recommended with the Mt300. I ordered the DBP6 backing plate and the 6" DA pads. Is there any down side to that? Wondering if I should swap these out for the 5" plate/pads when everything arrives on Monday. thanks.

Michael Stoops
Mar 9th, 2015, 08:01 AM
I keep seeing that the new 5" pads are recommended with the Mt300. I ordered the DBP6 backing plate and the 6" DA pads. Is there any down side to that? Wondering if I should swap these out for the 5" plate/pads when everything arrives on Monday. thanks.
Absolutely go with the 5" backing plate and discs. The user experience is a lot smoother, and the cutting power is noticeably greater. You'll be happy you swapped them out before using them.

thedoc46
Mar 10th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Man I'm so excited to get my MT300, except there's only one problem. My cars are all clean and perfect. :bawling1 ok ok so i have got a mini-van that needs the whole nine yards, but its a frickin MINI-VAN !!!!! Where's the fun in that.

The lady across the road who has a neglected C63 Benz, made a joke, after stroking my Gti (after its clay and wax) and going wow joked about maybe doing her car... Well I think she's in for a little surprise. Cos i'm actually going to offer to do a full detail on it.. (they're really good friends anyway) they make fun out of me for my ocd obsessions. So why not eh.. Gives me a good reason to crack out my new MT300 and put it to good use.

Either that, or between now and Thurs, i'm going to hope for some acid rain and go park my car under a big fat eagles nest !

The Guz
Mar 11th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Received mine today.

The box is nice

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2347/medium/IMG_28532.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2347/medium/IMG_28542.JPG

The contents inside are even nicer :)

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2347/medium/IMG_28551.JPG

Test fitting the W67DA backing plate which fits great.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2347/medium/IMG_28561.JPG

davey g-force
Mar 11th, 2015, 08:42 PM
You lucky guy! :D

C. Charles Hahn
Mar 11th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Been using mine for a few days now... excellent tool!

Jeepster04
Mar 12th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Got mine today! If youre wondering how it smells, it smells great! Like a new pair of shoes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/jeepjeepster/Mobile%20Uploads/283B6603-B3D4-457A-A2C4-C622D7A462EA_zpszbzx0ouv.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepjeepster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/283B6603-B3D4-457A-A2C4-C622D7A462EA_zpszbzx0ouv.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/jeepjeepster/Mobile%20Uploads/E909D261-5424-4E2E-B908-BD61CA3CA433_zpsqvb78zmj.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepjeepster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/E909D261-5424-4E2E-B908-BD61CA3CA433_zpsqvb78zmj.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/jeepjeepster/Mobile%20Uploads/CC8F0057-B1B0-42C5-B7F7-215586DD59B2_zpsmp0emt1q.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepjeepster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CC8F0057-B1B0-42C5-B7F7-215586DD59B2_zpsmp0emt1q.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/jeepjeepster/Mobile%20Uploads/82176A4F-5A20-4BA8-AB02-E0A94E82FC31_zps3idktrgr.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepjeepster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/82176A4F-5A20-4BA8-AB02-E0A94E82FC31_zps3idktrgr.jpg.html)

Very smooth with the new DBP5 backing plate. Thing screams at 7500 but is still so smooth. What would speeds above 5800 be used for?

Jeepster04
Mar 12th, 2015, 12:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/jeepjeepster/Mobile%20Uploads/274A5E55-4956-4967-B902-9A3B9C5D0BF2_zpsp56bppty.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepjeepster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/274A5E55-4956-4967-B902-9A3B9C5D0BF2_zpsp56bppty.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/jeepjeepster/Mobile%20Uploads/0C21D1EE-FAF8-474C-B638-292E3235F83E_zps3zuupwsk.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepjeepster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0C21D1EE-FAF8-474C-B638-292E3235F83E_zps3zuupwsk.jpg.html)

Made in China :(. Typically I avoid china stuff.

Only 1 year warranty also, if anyone was wondering.

Michael Stoops
Mar 12th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Very smooth with the new DBP5 backing plate. Thing screams at 7500 but is still so smooth. What would speeds above 5800 be used for?
There may be times when dealing with really severe defects on very hard paint that you may find a need for speeds above 5800 OPM, but thus far, even removing sanding marks from Mercedes ceramiclear paint, I haven't had to exceed 5800 OPM for any length of time. It's nice to have that extra punch in reserve for those occasional really nasty RIDs though.

Made in China :(. Typically I avoid china stuff.

Yes, it is indeed made in China, but we've never made a secret of that. We've also never made a secret of the fact that this tool was designed in the USA by a major American tool manufacturer who controls the factory in China where the tool is assembled. Basically it's similar to the way Apple works - they design in the USA but manufacture in a plant they oversee in China.

Jeepster04
Mar 12th, 2015, 12:55 PM
It is indeed nice. Also nice that I can remove sanding marks if needed without a rotary.

My swirl removal will most likely only ever need to consist of swirlx and UC. Nice and simple.

imacarnut
Mar 12th, 2015, 04:31 PM
We've also never made a secret of the fact that this tool was designed in the USA by a major American tool manufacturer who controls the factory in China where the tool is assembled.

This MT300 looks like it could be branded and/or built by Dewalt. If it is, that would be awesome because I'm sure there are many Authorized Dewalt shops that can fix this tool if a problem occurs at some point or time.

Full Circle Detail
Mar 17th, 2015, 06:44 PM
I had mine waiting on me when I came home from Maderia Beach fl. Weather in Tx is perfect right now! 80's didnt have time to work with it yet,, but ill try a review vid when I do If I can find a willing camera operator.

MIKE. on one of the Detail FB pages,, one guy said his broke after 3 uses. Something in the cord. I said that I hoped it was a fluke. Which brings up the warrenty question again. will it be a 1 for 1 swap till you guys get the repair dealers figured out?

Ginnova
Mar 23rd, 2015, 05:26 AM
Got mine last weekend but noticed something weird on my polisher. Rotation on the lowest speed 1 ( 3000 ) is faster than on speed 2 ( 3800 ) . Rotation will slow down for a few seconds then it will shoot up. Anyone encounter the same issue with their MT300.

RPPM
Mar 24th, 2015, 05:33 PM
I have an MT300 coming, can't wait to try it out.

ErnestHouse
Mar 25th, 2015, 07:35 AM
:help1 Okay, my car is only a year old and I've been all Meguiars from wash to wax to maintain from day 1. But I'm at the age and stage where I really can't hold that stupid little black pad to apply ULW. I thought this tool's ability to reach low parts of my car would help. So, I got this model for it's ergonomics.

:o Don't kill me but in looking at pads, is it true it will only help in applying my ULW leaving the buff to my aching back, shoulders and arthritic hands?

Michael Stoops
Mar 25th, 2015, 02:05 PM
This MT300 looks like it could be branded and/or built by Dewalt. If it is, that would be awesome because I'm sure there are many Authorized Dewalt shops that can fix this tool if a problem occurs at some point or time.We can tell you that we did indeed partner with a major American tool maker on the MT300. They designed and built the tool to our specs - it is not an off the shelf design by any stretch of the imagination. And it is not made by Dewalt (although that would have been a great partner!)

I had mine waiting on me when I came home from Maderia Beach fl. Weather in Tx is perfect right now! 80's didnt have time to work with it yet,, but ill try a review vid when I do If I can find a willing camera operator.

MIKE. on one of the Detail FB pages,, one guy said his broke after 3 uses. Something in the cord. I said that I hoped it was a fluke. Which brings up the warrenty question again. will it be a 1 for 1 swap till you guys get the repair dealers figured out?Interesting. I've not heard of a single failure through our Customer Care Center and I didn't see that post on FB so I'm not quite sure what else to say about it!!

Got mine last weekend but noticed something weird on my polisher. Rotation on the lowest speed 1 ( 3000 ) is faster than on speed 2 ( 3800 ) . Rotation will slow down for a few seconds then it will shoot up. Anyone encounter the same issue with their MT300.
That's interesting, to be sure, but it's most likely the DTM function being tricked at lower speeds. Let's face it, the only thing anyone is really going to be doing with a DA at speeds that slow is applying a wax. Still, it does seem odd but, again, I've not experienced this with another tool nor have I heard a similar complaint. In all candor, however, I must admit that I've never run the tool below 3800 for any reason, just as I've never run any other DA slower than speed 3. Any pressure on ANY random orbit DA at that speed will stop pad spin so there's no reason to use the tool at such a low speed.

:help1 Okay, my car is only a year old and I've been all Meguiars from wash to wax to maintain from day 1. But I'm at the age and stage where I really can't hold that stupid little black pad to apply ULW. I thought this tool's ability to reach low parts of my car would help. So, I got this model for it's ergonomics.

:o Don't kill me but in looking at pads, is it true it will only help in applying my ULW leaving the buff to my aching back, shoulders and arthritic hands?
Well, we've got good news and bad news for you, Ernest. First, the bad news. Yep, you will still be removing all compounds, polishes and waxes by hand. The good news - the really hard work in this whole process is the application of compounds, polishes and waxes.

Look at it this way: to remove any sort of below surface defect (swirls, scratches, etchings, oxidation, etc) by hand you need to put serious elbow grease into the process. Doing this on just the hood of any car will wear you out. Wiping away the residue from a given area is a piece of cake. Working out those same defects using a DA buffer like the MT300 along with the appropriate pads and liquids is far, far easier on the body. It's also faster, more effective, and the end result is usually much better as well. Wiping away the residue from a given area is still a piece of cake.

Applying wax by hand means using tight, overlapping, circular motions to even distribute the wax, but once that wax is dry (assuming it was applied in a relatively thin and uniform coat) it will wipe off with almost no effort. Now, applying that same wax with the DA makes it super easy to ensure that you do get that very thin, uniform coat down on the paint. Let it dry and you should never, ever have to work hard to remove the wax. Seriously, if you are busting your shoulder and back just wiping off wax residue, you've done something seriously wrong. Most people tend to grossly over use wax, and there is zero to be gained by doing so. Chemistry will dictate how much wax or sealant will bond with the paint and be left behind after you wipe off whatever residue remains. If you apply half the bottle of product to the car, you won't end up with any more wax protection than if you applied a single, solitary ounce to the entire car (yes, it can be done - in fact, you can do it with less than one ounce once you get your process down. I am NOT kidding!!). And, yes, you still get the exact same level of gloss, protection, water beading, etc. But wipe off, by hand with a folded microfiber towel, is simple. Like, really simple.

ErnestHouse
Mar 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM
...But wipe off, by hand with a folded microfiber towel, is simple. Like, really simple.

I know what it takes. Rocker panels are painful to reach and wipe no matter how easy. Will try to find a microfiber wand.

Next question. Nobody has stock on the 5" plates. If all I'm going to do is apply ULW, isn't 6" satisfactory?

BillyJack
Mar 25th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Quote by Michael Stoops: "Seriously, if you are busting your shoulder and back just wiping off wax residue, you've done something seriously wrong. Most people tend to grossly over use wax, and there is zero to be gained by doing so. Chemistry will dictate how much wax or sealant will bond with the paint and be left behind after you wipe off whatever residue remains. If you apply half the bottle of product to the car, you won't end up with any more wax protection than if you applied a single, solitary ounce to the entire car (yes, it can be done - in fact, you can do it with less than one ounce once you get your process down. I am NOT kidding!!). And, yes, you still get the exact same level of gloss, protection, water beading, etc. But wipe off, by hand with a folded microfiber towel, is simple. Like, really simple."

Michael, those of us who have a little bit of competency are always preaching the thin, thin, thin principle to our friends, relatives and customers. You've just expressed the principle in the most profound manner I've ever seen. Considering the credentials of the writer, I hope you don't mind if I quote you over and over and over again.

Bill

Michael Stoops
Mar 26th, 2015, 06:42 AM
I know what it takes. Rocker panels are painful to reach and wipe no matter how easy. Will try to find a microfiber wand.

Next question. Nobody has stock on the 5" plates. If all I'm going to do is apply ULW, isn't 6" satisfactory?If that's all you're doing it likely won't really matter. But for anyone looking to do serious paint correction and/or spend hours each day with the tool, you really, really want the 5" backing plate and discs. Trust us, it makes a big difference in comfort, vibration and defect removal.

Michael, those of us who have a little bit of competency are always preaching the thin, thin, thin principle to our friends, relatives and customers. You've just expressed the principle in the most profound manner I've ever seen. Considering the credentials of the writer, I hope you don't mind if I quote you over and over and over again.

Bill
Go for it, Bill, and thanks for the compliment!

The Guz
Mar 30th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I had time to use this for the first time and I have to say that it rocks. It has plenty of power and the digital torque management kept the pad spinning. It's smooth and comfortable to use. Paired with the new pads and it's all one needs.

I have to say that D300 on the foam cutting discs left the finish LSP ready. That is how nice the pad finished for me.

Here are some photos of the results I achieved

50/50 - using D300 with a foam cutting disc

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2351/medium/IMG_2972a.jpg

These defects were deep. M101 on a foam cutting disc was used.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2351/medium/IMG_2992a.jpg

Even made short work of these water spots. Using D300 on a foam cutting disc.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2351/medium/IMG_2996a.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2351/medium/IMG_2997a.jpg

davey g-force
Mar 30th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Wow, great results Guz. Makes me want to get one now.

I did ask before but didn't get a reply: will this tool be released in a 220v - 240v version? (Aimed at Mike Stoops or someone from Meguiars).

The Guz
Mar 30th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Wow, great results Guz. Makes me want to get one now.

I did ask before but didn't get a reply: will this tool be released in a 220v - 240v version? (Aimed at Mike Stoops or someone from Meguiars).

If it does become available there you should definitely get one.

Here's another before and after.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2351/medium/IMG_2955a.jpg

This is just after compounding with D300 on a foam cutting disc. Finished really well on this GM paint.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2351/medium/IMG_2998.JPG

Show 'N' Shine Car Detailing
Apr 25th, 2015, 07:57 AM
ok another question I haven't found yet. I have the DA G110V. Have loved it since I bought it 3 years ago. Huge difference over the old orbital buffer I had, lol yes orbital buffer. I want to keep my G110V and add the MT300 for the grunt work, use my G110v for the smaller 3" pads and areas that the 5 or 6" pads cant' reach. It'll save so much time not having to stop, take the pad off, remove the backing plate, put the smaller one on, center the pad and then get back to polishing etc.. Be nice to just grab the second polisher all set up ready to go and keep on moving.

Anywho, question is I have is do the G110V backing plates fit on to the MT300? Here are the ones I have S3BP, Lake Country 3" DA Backing Plate, S6BP, W67DA, W68DA. Will these BP's I have work on the MT300. Only one I do need is the 5". I'm ready to order the MT this weekend so hopefully I can get a quick response. Thank you

The Guz
Apr 25th, 2015, 09:27 AM
The W67DA works fine with it.

Apr 25th, 2015, 10:25 AM
So if that works on it, that means all the BP's I have will work as the thread is the same on all of them. Now will the W67DA allow the new thin foam pads to attach properly with the hook and loop system? or is that why they have new bp's with the thin pads? Just want to get everything I need to work properly and again am buying everything this weekend (more than likely today) so I get everything going

The Guz
Apr 25th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Now will the W67DA allow the new thin foam pads to attach properly with the hook and loop system?

Yes. I used the new foam discs on a W67Da and the MT300 with no issues.

Apr 25th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Are you using the 6.5" thin foam disc or the 5.5"?

The Guz
Apr 25th, 2015, 01:28 PM
5"

julianmoran
May 15th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Can this tool be used professionally, or would you recommend buying another one for daily usage?
Where would be the most economical place to purchase your product?
Thank you.

The Guz
May 15th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I don't see why it can't be used professionally? Is there any reason you would think it's not to be used by pros?

rj45
May 15th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Last weekend, I used my MT300 to polish my car's hood (light marring). Since my 5'' pads were still a bit wet from being washed, I tried Meguiar's 6'' thin foam disks mounted on a 6'' backing plate (an LC plate, IIRC). I used the yellow polishing (two passes) and the black finishing (one pass), both with HD Polish. The yellow produced a nice, clear, LSP-ready finish. The black pad added very little, though it was only one pass at a slower speed (3800 OMP, just experimenting).

Regarding vibration, I did not find the MT300 as smooth using the 6'' pad/plate combo as the 5'' combo. Nothing terrible, but noticeable (mostly at the trigger grip end, for some reason). Power, however, was fine running the 6'' pad. I had no trouble keeping the pad spinning; the MT300 is very torquey/powerful. Compared to my old PC, the MT300 corrected much more quickly, and was easier and more enjoyable to use. It was well worth the upgrade.

julianmoran
May 28th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I like the tool but was just wondering if it is meant to be used on a daily base? Or would a stronger tool be advised for professional usage?

Clutch34
Aug 11th, 2015, 06:43 AM
I'm getting back into detailing since I bought a new car and have me eye on this polisher. My question is regarding paint safety for a noob like myself who has never used a DA polisher before. The other DA's on the market will stop spinning with too much pressure to prevent paint damage but it sounds like this one won't. Is that something I need to be concerned about if I purchase this machine?

Michael Stoops
Aug 11th, 2015, 07:06 AM
If you're concerned about using too much pressure and damaging the paint, you might want to do a bit more research into the use of pressure with a DA as part of the general technique needed to obtain optimum results with one.

Any DA tool, simply by virtue of their design, will stall pad rotation if tipped on an edge. Some will stall with only moderate downward pressure even with the pad flat against the paint, while others can take some serious pressure and maintain pad rotation. But here's the thing - just because they will keep the pad spinning under heavy pressure doesn't mean you should be using heavy pressure. You definitely want a tool with enough torque to keep the pad spinning during those times when you need to get really aggressive, but in no way does that make the tool dangerous for a novice. In fact, it more likely means the novice will be able to keep the pad spinning even when he tips the tool a bit, allowing him to keep getting defect removal while sharpening his skill set. One of the most common faults we see of new DA users is them struggling to keep the pad flat, or the center line of the pad in contact with the paint on contours. Even the simple contour of a hood sloping downward toward the grille catches new users out; they tend to tense up their upper body and move the tool in a pendulum motion, lifting one side of the pad off the paint and stalling the pad. Stay relaxed, pay attention to the curves of the body panel and flow with them. A low powered tool won't help you through those spots and frustration will set in pretty quickly as you struggle to remove defects.

quebert
Aug 11th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I'm getting back into detailing since I bought a new car and have me eye on this polisher. My question is regarding paint safety for a noob like myself who has never used a DA polisher before. The other DA's on the market will stop spinning with too much pressure to prevent paint damage but it sounds like this one won't. Is that something I need to be concerned about if I purchase this machine?

I have next to no experience with polishing, last weekend I took the advanced class at Meg's HQ. This DA, along with every other out there is idiot proof. They had test panels out for us to practice on, I pushed hard, I titled the MT300 on it's side and pushed down, you won't do any damage with this machine. Even intentionally trying it's not going to happen. I applied a a lot of pressure, far more than you'd ever use in the real world. Then I held it in 1 place, it slowed down to an almost stop. After 20 seconds I lifted it up and felt the paint and it was barely warm to the touch. Michael explained it well, I'm commenting as a non Meguiars employee that you should buy this machine and not worry about doing harm. If you look on Youtube for a detailer called Junkman he has a video where his 6 year old niece is safely using his DA on his Vette.

DA's are truly amazing machines for how much correction you can get with one, and how there's literally no chance of causing any damage.

rj45
Aug 11th, 2015, 02:57 PM

Though the MT300 is a torquey/powerful DA, it is safe and user-friendly. If you use the correct pads and polishes (i.e. the appropriate amount of cut for the paint condition/thickness) and proper technique, you shouldn't have any problems. Can you do damage? Sure. If you are polishing thin paint with an aggressive pad and polish, you could go right through the clear. Detailing 101...always use the least aggressive approach first.

Clutch34
Aug 11th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I will continue to read up on proper polishing technique as well as compare the pros and cons between the MT300 and the GG6, which are the two DA's I'm looking into. I love the design of this machine and am very much interested in the less noise/vibration. As a new dental graduate, I'm probably going to lose my hearing regardless due to my profession, so anything that can reduce harsh noises on my ears would be beneficial lol Also, I'm hoping the decrease in vibration, compared to the GG6, will reduce muscle fatigue in my hands, arms, and shoulders since they're my money makers during the weekdays!

Clutch34
Aug 11th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Also, as far as MT300 durability, I have read online that it has power cord issues? Some people have claimed that the power cord has broken or stopped working after polishing as few as 20 cars. Can anyone chime in on this topic? Was that just a bad batch of MT300s? Has this issue been corrected? What's the procedure to get an issue like this corrected by Meguiars?

And as far as the GG6 goes, I believe a lot of people are mis-reading or misunderstanding the meaning of their "Lifetime Guarantee" since the key words after that is "lifetime guarantee against defects". Playing devil's advocate -- how long is too long to ask for a replacement if it breaks? When is it considered normal wear and tear vs defect? You can't really expect any piece of technology to last forever... Just food for thought.

Thanks!

davey g-force
Aug 11th, 2015, 07:57 PM
I haven't heard of any power cord issues with the MT300.

It was a common issue with the G110v2, however. I think you're getting the two confused?

The Guz
Aug 11th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Also, as far as MT300 durability, I have read online that it has power cord issues? Some people have claimed that the power cord has broken or stopped working after polishing as few as 20 cars. Can anyone chime in on this topic? Was that just a bad batch of MT300s? Has this issue been corrected? What's the procedure to get an issue like this corrected by Meguiars?

And as far as the GG6 goes, I believe a lot of people are mis-reading or misunderstanding the meaning of their "Lifetime Guarantee" since the key words after that is "lifetime guarantee against defects". Playing devil's advocate -- how long is too long to ask for a replacement if it breaks? When is it considered normal wear and tear vs defect? You can't really expect any piece of technology to last forever... Just food for thought.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say a few. It was only one guy on Autogeek. I would be curious how he treated the machine

Clutch34
Aug 12th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Hmm... Looking at it again I believe you're right. I did read the post on Autogeek but for some reason I thought there were multiple people who had agreed with him or had the same issue. My apologies, I am mistaken. And Davey you might be right, I may have been confusing it with the G110v2 issue. Thank you for the clarification. I think this makes my decision a lot easier now -- definitely leaning a lot more towards the MT300. Once I have the funds available I will pull the trigger on the new DA!

DimensionAutoDetailing
Aug 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
@Michael Stoops. I'm sure Meguiars could have made a large throw DA. is there a reason Meguiars didn't follow the DA trend of long throw orbitals with the new MT300?
Thanks!

mohebmhanna
Aug 18th, 2015, 12:53 PM
@Michael Stoops. I'm sure Meguiars could have made a large throw DA. is there a reason Meguiars didn't follow the DA trend of long throw orbitals with the new MT300?
Thanks!

This was my point too since Meguiars introduced the new MT300.? Look what we have today in the large throw DA market - we have Rupes (21, 15mm) , GG (21, 15mm), waxed shine (21, 12mm) and recently CG 21mm. I'm ok with MT 300 as 8mm to replace G110V2 but I was expecting to see the new Meguiars 21mm introduced at the same time. Hope to see that soon!!

Michael Stoops
Aug 19th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Thanks!

This was my point too since Meguiars introduced the new MT300.? Look what we have today in the large throw DA market - we have Rupes (21, 15mm) , GG (21, 15mm), waxed shine (21, 12mm) and recently CG 21mm. I'm ok with MT 300 as 8mm to replace G110V2 but I was expecting to see the new Meguiars 21mm introduced at the same time. Hope to see that soon!!

We considered it, for sure, but we decided to go after that huge hole in the category between the current crop of $150 (give or take) tools on the market and the $400 (give or take) tools. While a tall stroke tool can indeed offer more cut, they tend to be pretty bad at edge work, contours, and other issues where a shorter stroke tool (with really great torque) will generally outperform a taller stroke. Rupes themselves recommends the 21mm stroke for body shop use and the 15mm for detailing, for these very reasons.

Heck, when we worked with Nick Chapman on the Duesenberg project the MT300 became the preferred tool due to all the tight contours on that car. The 15s and 21s sat idle most of the time.

Bottom line; there is no one tool that's perfect for every aspect of detailing any car. Most guys we know who are doing regular detailing use multiple tools when working on any car.

The Guz
Aug 19th, 2015, 10:17 AM
The MT300 is a very capable machine. I have used it on 4 cars and it does a great job. Pair it with the new thin pads and it performs great.

mohebmhanna
Aug 20th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Indeed I agree with both of you "Michael & Guz": there is no one machine do every thing and MT300 is very capable machine.
But from my perspective when I look to Meguiars big picture - if Meguiars will introduce new MT300 "21/15mm" with digital torque management (DTM) I believe Meguiars will have COMPLETE SYSTEM for the detailing industry; at least from point of view.

Gretchen731
Dec 28th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Add Content

DasBurninator
Dec 29th, 2015, 01:13 PM
if Meguiars will introduce new MT300 "21/15mm" with digital torque management (DTM) I believe Meguiars will have COMPLETE SYSTEM for the detailing industry; at least from point of view.

Look at the market. Does there really need to be another choice in the large throw polisher game? We already have Rupes, Griots, and now Flex to chose from. I see Mr Stoops point where there was a hole in the 8mm throw polisher market and the MT300 filled that. It is by far the most comfortable 8mm machine to use and has already found a spot in my arsenal as a go to tool.

Add Content

Here is some content for you
http://i.imgur.com/pKGa8uHl.jpg

willowcatfish
Dec 29th, 2015, 01:55 PM
"Here is some content for you"

:)

wig
Apr 14th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Guys,

Anyone know who has the best pricing on the MT300? My G110 burned out last night during waxing...

Thanks,
Wig

briarpatch
Apr 14th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Guys,

Anyone know who has the best pricing on the MT300? My G110 burned out last night during waxing...

Thanks,
Wig

Autogeek has them for 199.95

wig
Apr 14th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Autogeek has them for 199.95

Thanks!
Wig

wig
Apr 15th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Guys, can I still use Meguiars thick red pads with the MT300 for wax removel? Just wanted to make sure I get everything before placing my order...

Michael Stoops
Apr 15th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Guys, can I still use Meguiars thick red pads with the MT300 for wax removel? Just wanted to make sure I get everything before placing my order...
Are you wrapping a microfiber bonnet over these pads to remove your wax? If so, yes, you can still do that. But honestly, if you're applying your wax with a DA it should be going on so thin and uniform that wipe off with just a microfiber towel should be a breeze. Furthermore, DA removal can be so aggressive that it can take off much of that very thin coat that you wanted to leave behind in the first place. Nonetheless, if that is indeed your preferred method of wax removal, you can indeed still use that process with the MT300.

wig
Apr 15th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Are you wrapping a microfiber bonnet over these pads to remove your wax? If so, yes, you can still do that. But honestly, if you're applying your wax with a DA it should be going on so thin and uniform that wipe off with just a microfiber towel should be a breeze. Furthermore, DA removal can be so aggressive that it can take off much of that very thin coat that you wanted to leave behind in the first place. Nonetheless, if that is indeed your preferred method of wax removal, you can indeed still use that process with the MT300.

Michael,

Thanks for the advice, never knew I might be removing some of the protection! My first detail with the MT300 will be my Chevy Express 3500 with the new red correction pad & D300, correction should be easier this time...

I'll post some pics of my 2015 Chevy SS when complete.

Thanks again,
Wig

SY2565
Oct 26th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Although I feel that the overall quality of Meguiar's products is fantastic, I feel the need to warn anyone considering one of their DA Polishers. I bought a G110V2 from them early 2014 and used it probably a total of 8 times before it recently stopped working.
I called Meguiar's and there is nothing that they can do for me. Of course it's just out of warranty which is convenient for them seeing as since they no longer support this machine, if it were still under warranty they would have had to send me a new one. They did offer me $75 for it but I'm hoping a place like Tool Mart will be able to fix it.

Things break, I get it but for Meguiar's to offer no options for the repair of a 2 year old machine with the MEGUIAR'S name on it is ridiculous. To anyone out there looking to purchase a new DA Polisher....I strongly recommend spending the extra money and get a higher end machine from a company who will support it when something goes wrong on it and it's outside of warranty.

The Guz
Oct 26th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Although I feel that the overall quality of Meguiar's products is fantastic, I feel the need to warn anyone considering one of their DA Polishers. I bought a G110V2 from them early 2014 and used it probably a total of 8 times before it recently stopped working.
I called Meguiar's and there is nothing that they can do for me. Of course it's just out of warranty which is convenient for them seeing as since they no longer support this machine, if it were still under warranty they would have had to send me a new one. They did offer me $75 for it but I'm hoping a place like Tool Mart will be able to fix it.

Things break, I get it but for Meguiar's to offer no options for the repair of a 2 year old machine with the MEGUIAR'S name on it is ridiculous. To anyone out there looking to purchase a new DA Polisher....I strongly recommend spending the extra money and get a higher end machine from a company who will support it when something goes wrong on it and it's outside of warranty.

Well the support for the G110V2 is essentially gone in lieu of the MT300 being the replacement machine. But I sense your frustration.

I was there when my MT300 had issues. As a matter of fact both times the power cord failed on mine. I was not happy with that. But at the end of the day, Meguiar's fixed it both times under warranty. It also appears that Meguiar's has made a design change to the power cord so that this issue doesn't plague the machine. As of right now it is currently working fine.

I suspect your G110V2 has the dreaded power cord failure which is an easy fix.

SY2565
Oct 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM
The more I look around this Forum the more people I see with same problems over and over again. I'm starting to wonder if Meguiar's was selling these machines knowing that they would fail.