PDA

View Full Version : Gallery down?

gb387
May 24th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I am trying to up load some photos and can not get to the gallery.

Is the MOL Gallery Down?

atclew
May 24th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by gb387
I am trying to up load some photos and can not get to the gallery.

Is the MOL Gallery Down?

I've got the same problem, I get the "Forbidden, you do not have permission to view this web page" thingy.

Tim Lingor
May 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Hey,

Yes, the gallery is down and is being worked on. Hopefully it will be up and running soon! :)

Tim

atclew
May 25th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
I have photos to upload as well.... :)

LOL, I finally got pics of the car ready to upload, and the gallery was down!!! Not a big deal, it's free, so I can't complain!!!

Mike Phillips
May 25th, 2005, 06:38 AM
The server that Meguiar's Online crashed last Sunday, since then the process of restoring the forum to the server has been taking place. This has affected our Photo Gallery and the problem is being addressed.

Thanks for your patience!

Mike

p.s.

I have photos to upload as well.... :)

atclew
May 25th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Is the upload photos feature still unavailable? I can't seem to upload a photo still.

Mike Phillips
May 25th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I've sent an e-mail to David Bynon letting him know of the problem so I'm sure he is aware of it. I'm also sure his hands are full with a multitude of problems since the server crash last Sunday. I can assure you, he will do his best to find the problem and fix it as soon as he can make the time. Until then, nobody can upload any photos including myself.

On a side note, in the past, when there have been server problems, I personally have lost a multitude of photos when we've had to re-install a back-up of the forum and Photo Post, for this reason, I am very wary to spend a lot of time uploading photos until I know for certain the server environment is stable.

Been there, done that, still haven't been able to recover.

gb387
May 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
I've sent an e-mail to David Bynon letting him know of the problem so I'm sure he is aware of it. I'm also sure his hands are full with a multitude of problems since the server crash last Sunday. I can assure you, he will do his best to find the problem and fix it as soon as he can make the time. Until then, nobody can upload any photos including myself.

On a side note, in the past, when there have been server problems, I personally have lost a multitude of photos when we've had to re-install a back-up of the forum and Photo Post, for this reason, I am very wary to spend a lot of time uploading photos until I know for certain the server environment is stable.

Been there, done that, still haven't been able to recover.

Sounds like its a mess! I am stocking up on photos to upload for some new product reviews.

gb387
May 30th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Any word on this yet? I am sure it takes time but just wonderin.

Tim Lingor
May 30th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hey Gb,

I talked with Mike tonight on the phone. He told me that they are still working on it. He has contacted the appropriate people to try and take care of the gallery issues. Hopefully, it will not be much longer!! :)

Tim