Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:11 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Untitled-22.gif

Features:

The very best for fine leather
Natural botanicals provide the ultimate experience

jojoba bean oil & coconut butter

Simply wipe on, wipe off
The ultimate in moisturizing & protection - leaves behind a difference you can see & feel
Size: 140 g jar
Includes a foam applicator pad

Details:

Part #: G18905
MSRP $15.99

The Guz
Nov 3rd, 2015, 08:37 AM
Looks like another nice addition to the ultimate line. Looking forward to trying this out.

How does this compare to the leather sealer in terms of durability?

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 09:02 AM
Meguiar's Ultimate Leather Balm is now our top tier product for the best in conditioning ability, while also offering great cleaning & protection. Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Sealer Treatment will still be the recommended option if one's goal is longevity & durability.

davey g-force
Nov 3rd, 2015, 12:02 PM
Sounds great!

How does this differ from the new Mirror Bright Leather Lotion?

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 12:59 PM
Mirror Bright Leather Lotion is going to have more cleaning ability, they both have different consistences, liquid bottle vs soft paste jar, different fragrances, and Ultimate Leather Balm utilizes more premium ingredients. Its kind of a case of a great product in MB leather lotion vs. our very best in Ultimate Leather Balm.

DasBurninator
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
How would it compare to D180 in terms of conditioning ability?

The Guz
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
^^^Good question.

Sounds like a great product. I didn't realize it was an all in one type of product. Looking forward to trying this out.

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
How would it compare to D180 in terms of conditioning ability?

Ultimate Leather Balm would be superior in conditioning ability to D180. It should be noted we are happy to say this product has great softening ability on older, dried out leather as well.

DasBurninator
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Leather Balm would be superior in conditioning ability to D180. It should be noted we are happy to say this product has great softening ability on older, dried out leather as well.

Want to send me a pre-release sample to review? ;)
I've got some leather that is dry and short of using leatherique it won't stop absorbing conditioners.

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 02:54 PM
Want to send me a pre-release sample to review? ;)
I've got some leather that is dry and short of using leatherique it won't stop absorbing conditioners.

We wish we could! We will all have to wait a couple months until these are available.

The Guz
Nov 3rd, 2015, 04:11 PM
We wish we could! We will all have to wait a couple months until these are available.

Better yet how about I drive down and pick one up :laughing

szladob
Nov 3rd, 2015, 04:34 PM
Is this designed for older uncoated leather, or modern, coated leather? Many thanks!

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 04:40 PM
Is this designed for older uncoated leather, or modern, coated leather? Many thanks!

Both! But as with any leather conditioner applied on older un-coated leather, typically because of the darkening a conditioner will provide, the entire seat or surface needs to be completed for a uniform appearance.

DasBurninator
Nov 4th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Better yet how about I drive down and pick one up :laughing

:laughing:laughing Pick one up for me while you are there :P

Both! But as with any leather conditioner applied on older un-coated leather, typically because of the darkening a conditioner will provide, the entire seat or surface needs to be completed for a uniform appearance.

So, safe on king ranch leather?

PPLd
Nov 5th, 2015, 03:18 PM
What is the consistency of this Leather Balm? Is it like other Megs paste wax, or is it more like some "wet paste" like the Chem Guys Lava / Black wax etc?

imz4n
Nov 6th, 2015, 07:12 AM
On my wish list.

Eldorado2k
Nov 6th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Can't wait to see what this is like:)

Nick Winn
Nov 13th, 2015, 02:44 PM
What is the consistency of this Leather Balm? Is it like other Megs paste wax, or is it more like some "wet paste" like the Chem Guys Lava / Black wax etc?

It's kind of difficult to explain the consistency but hopefully this picture can help. I would say a wet paste is actually not a bad description, but still moderately hard to the touch.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2405/medium/ULB.JPG

ffboy
Nov 25th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Seems to look like transluscent butter, hard lotion or lip balm in a can. Can't wait to try this! I wonder what this smells like..

It would be nice if you can show us some before and after pics on light and dark colored leather. It would give us a better idea on how it looks or how well it cleans

willowcatfish
Dec 21st, 2015, 11:48 PM
I am very excited about this one. Can't
wait to buy it!

The Guz
Dec 26th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Detailing.com is showing this in stock.

http://www.detailing.com/store/meguiar-s-ultimate-leather-balm-5-oz.html

willowcatfish
Dec 27th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Aha! Thank you Guz!

Nick Winn
Jan 12th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Has anyone tried out this product yet? We would be happy to hear about it or see some pictures.

DasBurninator
Jan 12th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Has anyone tried out this product yet? We would be happy to hear about it or see some pictures.

As soon as I can get my hands on some I will be happy to provide a review. Found it on Amazon, so it will be on its way with my next order of random Amazon junk I probably don't need but bought anyways :D

The Guz
Jan 12th, 2016, 12:33 PM

Not yet. I would be happy to review it if you are offering a sample :D

The Guz
Jan 16th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Nick you twisted my arm.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12552692_10208639819660069_5480539919344263095_n.jpg?oh=875bee52ee40e8b267172633e5105f53&oe=56FD6036

willowcatfish
Jan 16th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Awwwwww Yeaaaaah! Look what we got here. Cannot wait to hear about "THE BALM" Guz!

It would be interesting to see how it compares with The Leather Sealer, in both feel and look.

Scott's 62
Jan 17th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Nice Guz! I will defiantly will be getting some of this when I find it. Will you be doing reviews on these?

The Guz
Jan 17th, 2016, 10:24 AM
When I get a chance I will post reviews. The leather balm smells great.

PatrickW
Jan 18th, 2016, 07:09 AM
I've never used a leather balm before; is the application possess the same as applying a cream? Is there any chance that this product will help lessen the wear marks in my leather seats?

gizzsdad
Jan 20th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Is there any chance that this product will help lessen the wear marks in my leather seats?

My question as well.

DasBurninator
Jan 20th, 2016, 03:28 PM
My question as well.

Getting the leather clean and applying a conditioner helps. The key is getting it clean.

It will only help so much though.

DasBurninator
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:08 AM
Amazon just shipped my Leather Balm. Should be here the 30th. I'll write up a review that weekend.

willowcatfish
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
Sweet!

The Guz
Jan 23rd, 2016, 04:11 PM
I had a chance to use it on the rear seats of my daily after cleaning up the seat due to my dad spilling something on it. I did use D181 leather cleaner prior to using it.

I'll wait until Das gets his review up. But all I'm going to tease you with is that it's a very nice product. Looks great and smells great.

willowcatfish
Jan 24th, 2016, 12:14 AM
This just makes me want to hear about it more now. I have fallen in love with the Leather Sealant in the Sealant Kit. I feel it's the best leather Product I have ever used, and there is a long list of those used. Can't wait to hear about this one!

Eldorado2k
Jan 25th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Enough wait... Give us your thoughts on the Leather Balm:)

DasBurninator
Jan 25th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Enough wait... Give us your thoughts on the Leather Balm:)

It smells nice ;)
About the consistency of a soft wax.

The Guz
Jan 25th, 2016, 01:18 PM
It smells nice ;)
About the consistency of a soft wax.

Exactly this. My interior smelled like coconut for a little bit.

willowcatfish
Jan 25th, 2016, 08:02 PM
You guys are killin' us! :)

Thanks for sharing what you have. Also:

Does it add in appearance at all? Maybe compared to The Sealer Kit.

Does it seem to cause the Leather to feel uniquely different than other leather Products. That would maybe cause this one to stick out.

Thanks and have a great one guys!

Ray

The Guz
Jan 31st, 2016, 12:56 AM
My review

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?64202-Review-Ultimate-Leather-Balm&p=570841#post570841

DasBurninator
Feb 3rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
My review

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?64202-Review-Ultimate-Leather-Balm&p=570841#post570841

Here is mine too:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?64216-Ultimate-Leather-Balm-Another-Review

dedonderosa
Feb 15th, 2016, 08:31 AM
anyone know if Walmart will be carrying this?

sarvdan
Jun 28th, 2016, 05:30 AM
I'm so desperate for help for this that I posted this question in a few other places on the forum. I have been using only Meguiar's on my cars for years now. I just recently purchased a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'm obsessively clean about my Jeep and because of this, I have a major problem that I'm desperately looking for input on. I purchased my Jeep out-of-state so when my plates came in, I used a razor and rubbing alcohol to remove the registration sticker from the front window. After I had done this, I was looking at something on my back seat and a drop of sweat from my forehead dripped on the middle backseat cushion. Without thinking, I used the same microfiber rag with the rubbing alcohol on it to wipe up the sweat. When I looked at the rag, there was black on it. My car is immaculate and only a month old so I knew that it wasn't dirt. I immediately freaked. Hours later I went outside to look at the spot and while all of the rest of the interior leather is a matte black, this spot was shiny black. I've been doing hours of research online and it seems that I most likely wiped the protective polyurethane coating from the seat. How screwed am I? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Somehow replace the polyurethane coating? I can't believe I did this. I even looked on the Mopar website and am considering replacing the factory leather for the seat for $500. Man o man. Will this ULB fix this? Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

BTLew81
Sep 11th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Used this today. Very nice. Easy application and just a touch of gloss. Nice!

DasBurninator
Sep 12th, 2016, 09:49 AM
I've been doing hours of research online and it seems that I most likely wiped the protective polyurethane coating from the seat. How screwed am I? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Somehow replace the polyurethane coating? I can't believe I did this. I even looked on the Mopar website and am considering replacing the factory leather for the seat for $500. Man o man. Will this ULB fix this? Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

I have a hard time believing that you removed the leather coating from the seating surface with rubbing alcohol. Not saying it isn't possible, but unlikely. If you did remove it, a product like this will not bring it back.

What I would do is clean the seat with a gentle leather cleaner. See if the whole seat is consistent at that point. If there is still a spot, you'll know you removed the coating.

Used this today. Very nice. Easy application and just a touch of gloss. Nice!

My seats are overdue... Guess I'll be putting this stuff to use again tonight :D