PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Mirror Bright

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:58 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201606.jpg

The Mirror Bright Polish Company was founded in 1901 by Frank Meguiar, Jr. to perfect the finishes on fine furniture and the newly introduced automobile. The passion continues today with a special line of products that protect and accentuate automobile finishes, derived from over 110 years of experience, research and development.

Drawing on our legacy and history, we are proud to announce our new Mirror Bright line of car care products. The distinctive bottles hearken back to our early days with glass bottles and metal screw off tops. Today's bottles might be plastic, but the metal screw off top is still with us, adding to that vintage feeling. With a craft made look and feel these premium products can help the next generation car guy easily choose a line of products that will address virtually every aspect of basic car care, while providing premium performance in all segments. For those experienced in car care, this line offers some unique performance characteristics that you will find not only appealing, but highly effective. Not merely repackaged or "tweaked" formulations of existing products, each product in the Mirror Bright line is a "clean sheet of paper" formula aimed at both premium performance and a premium user experience.

The Mirror Bright Line includes the following products, which are detailed in the posts below:

Automobile Shampoo
Polishing Wax
Detailing Spray
Leather Lotion
Wheel Cleaner

* Please note, images are not final artwork and will change slightly once available for sale

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 08:10 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201601.jpg

Mirror Bright™ Automobile Shampoo is formulated for all automobile finishes, using chemistry that's been refined by over 110 years of experience and R&D. Our rich, carnauba milk formula allows one to not only clean, but also wax while washing. Recommended for regular washing and as the perfect accompaniment to fortify the finish of Mirror Bright Polishing Wax.

Features:

A rich, high quality, wash & wax that sets the foundation for the line
Carnauba milk formula

Draws on proven ingredients with current chemistry & technology

Provides a slick, just waxed feel
Distinctive packaging sets it apart on shelf

In store AND at home in the garage

Size: 48 fl oz liquid

Details:

Part #: MB0148
MSRP $9.99

* Please note, images are not final artwork and will change slightly once available for sale

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 08:15 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201602.jpg

Mirror Bright™ Polishing Wax gently polishes painted finishes to reveal maximum gloss, depth of color & mirror-like reflections. Unique natural and synthetic ingredients deliver outstanding wax protection that locks in the shine. Safe for all shiny paint colors and types, including lacquers, enamels and clear coats.

Features:

Saves time by combining cleaning, polishing & waxing into one step
Modern chemistry, but with an old-school vibe

Scent & feel
Easy wipe off
Polymer and carnauba protection

Long-lasting, water beading durability (approaches Ultimate)
Can be hand applied, but maximum paint cleaning is realized when applied with our MT300, DA Power System or similar.
Size: 14 fl oz liquid

Details:

Part #: MB0214
MSRP: $14.99

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 08:21 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201603.jpg

Mirror Bright™ Detailing Spray gently cleans both exterior AND interior automobile surfaces and finishes. Our no-scratch formula is safe for all paint types, including lacquers, enamels and clear coats. Excellent for removing bird soiling, grime and other contaminants from paint finishes in-between washing. Mirror Bright Detailing Spray is also the smart choice for keeping automobile interiors clean and tidy, including instruments, gauges and screens!

Features:

The maintenance step for cleaning the interior, as well as removing exterior dust & contaminants
Truly an "all surface" detailing spray
Modern chemistry, but with an old - school vibe
Use inside AND outside to remove dust, fingerprints & deposits
Safe on navigation screens & instrument clusters
Size: 22 fl oz trigger spray

Details:

Part #: MB0322
MSRP $8.99

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 08:23 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201604.jpg

Mirror Bright™ Leather Lotion cleans, conditions and protects leather in one simple step. Gentle cleaners help remove dirt and grime that build up over time. Cocoa butter, jojoba oil & aloe condition and nourish leather leaving behind a soft and supple feel and look. UV Sunscreeners help protect leather from harmful UV rays helping to keep your leather looking good. With Mirror Bright Leather Lotion we make it easy to take care of your car's skin.

Features:

Provides deep cleaning, conditioning and UV protection
Lotion formula is easy to apply
Non-greasy, low sheen finish
Will not whiten in seams or perforations
Size: 14 fl oz lotion

Pricing:

Part #: MB0414
MSRP $9.99

Michael Stoops
Oct 26th, 2015, 08:31 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201605.jpg

Mirror Bright™ Wheel Cleaner is a sure bet for cleaning all automobile wheel types. Strong yet gentle cleaning comes from the use of pH balanced soaps and a special ingredient that dissolves brake dust and rust remnants. Excellent on: chrome, polished aluminum, painted, etc. etc. wheels. Good for motorcycles as well.

Features:

Safely cleans ALL wheel types

Polished aluminum, chrome, powder coat, anodized, painted
Safe on brake components, too!
pH balanced formula dissolves iron deposits

Foaming action clings to wheels, allowing specialized chemicals to do their work
Size: 22 fl oz trigger spray

Details:

Part #: MB0522
MSRP $8.99

Garage Troll
Nov 3rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
The polishing wax really caught my attention with the beading and durability part. Close to UW but it corrects too. That's very impressive.

tapp1
Nov 3rd, 2015, 10:06 AM
Does the Mirror Bright wheel cleaner have color changing iron dissolving properties like DUB wheel cleaner?

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
Does the Mirror Bright wheel cleaner have color changing iron dissolving properties like DUB wheel cleaner?

Yes it does. The product dispenses as a white foam, and it does have similar color changing iron dissolving chemistry. The color changing effect is always going to vary depending on how much iron deposits are actually on the wheel.

SY2565
Nov 3rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Where does this product fit in with your "Ultimate" line? Do you consider this line superior?

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Where does this product fit in with your "Ultimate" line? Do you consider this line superior?

For those familiar with our existing products, if we were to compare, Mirror Bright would fit in-between our Gold Class & Ultimate Lines. For those who are just getting into car care, or the "next generation car guy," Mirror Bright is a new brand, which aims to help them easily choose products which address most aspects of basic car care, while providing premium performance.

davey g-force
Nov 3rd, 2015, 11:57 AM
Nice one Meguiars! I'm interested to try all the new Mirror Bright products.

How does the Polishing Wax rate in terms of cut vs White Wax and Black Wax?

kieron24
Nov 3rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Will the wheel cleaner be available in larger sizes?

Brian Hann
Nov 3rd, 2015, 12:21 PM
The Polishing Wax is less aggressive than White Wax but more aggressive than Black Wax.

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Will the wheel cleaner be available in larger sizes?

No plans for any larger sizes for our Mirror Bright brand.

Selectchoice
Nov 3rd, 2015, 01:47 PM
Some of the bottles at the back in the middle look like some of the VERY early Meguiar's bottles from a time long, long ago. And with the colourless image, is Meguiar's going back in time and re-releasing all their original products from the early 1900's? 'New Products for 1916' perhaps? :laughing

What's the prize for this guess of mine? :yelrotflmao

davey g-force
Nov 3rd, 2015, 02:00 PM
A trip for two to the USA?

Some samples of the new products?

lol you nailed it! Well done...

Bandit Rich
Nov 3rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
Mr Winn you said this line fits in betweeen the Gold Class & Ultimate lines. So is the polishing wax a cross between GCCP & NXT 2.0; and the detailing spray a cross between GCQD & UQD? If I polish my car with UP and then use this would it remove the polishing oils from the UP or just add to it? Does the Mirror Brite polishing wax have more polish or less than Black Wax or GCCP? I'm trying to wrap my head around these new products. I am a carnauba junkie. Which way would have better swirl removing / filling properties - UP folllowed by NXT 2.0 & topped with GCCP; UP followed by Mirror Brite Polishing Wax & topped with GCCP; or just MBPW topped with GCCP? I do all my steps with the DA Power System with black waxing pads. UP on the yellow pad is too harsh for my car's single stage no clear coat paint. And I haven't used Black Wax because it doesn't have any swirl removal ability on a black pad.

Selectchoice
Nov 3rd, 2015, 06:00 PM
A trip for two to the USA?

Some samples of the new products?

lol you nailed it! Well done...

:LOLOL: I guess it can't hurt to dream a little can it?

BTLew81
Nov 3rd, 2015, 07:02 PM
If the durability of the polishing wax is close to UW, this is a winning AIO!

BillE
Nov 4th, 2015, 04:39 AM
What's the prize for this guess of mine? :yelrotflmao

When you posted your original thought, I was thinking along the same line. Then 'reality' set in and thought, "Naw, that ain't gonna happen."

Good catch!

I REALLY want the bottle(s), even though they are now plastic. I just remember my Mom using Mirror Bright Furniture Polish (a loooong time ago). If I remember correctly, it was the old timey glass bottles.

Bill

saturn2
Nov 4th, 2015, 06:24 AM
How does the polishing wax stack up to M20.
As the for the Mirror Bright wash. I'm interested in seeing how thick it is since I measure my soap before using it.
Meguiars should make a scratch and stuff of all the new products.

greg0303
Nov 4th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Very nice addition to Meguiar's product lines. I can see it becoming very popular quickly.

Nick Winn
Nov 4th, 2015, 01:38 PM
If the durability of the polishing wax is close to UW, this is a winning AIO!

We would agree!

Nick Winn
Nov 4th, 2015, 01:40 PM
As the for the Mirror Bright wash. I'm interested in seeing how thick it is since I measure my soap before using it.

Cleaning ability is similar but Mirror Bright Polishing Wax will have more durability.

theamcguy
Nov 4th, 2015, 04:05 PM
How would the Mirror Bright Polishing Wax compare to Meguiar's Cleaner Wax? More or less aggressive?

davey g-force
Nov 4th, 2015, 05:18 PM
How would the Mirror Bright Polishing Wax compare to Meguiar's Cleaner Wax? More or less aggressive?

Well, Brian said above:

The Polishing Wax is less aggressive than White Wax but more aggressive than Black Wax.

And from this graphic:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2060/medium/waxcomparison.png

Black Wax is more aggressive than Cleaner Wax. So by my powers of deduction, I'd say Polishing Wax is more aggressive than Cleaner Wax. :)

The Guz
Nov 4th, 2015, 05:57 PM
The bottles look nice

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12191601_10153731778514824_6603852472210382951_n.jpg?oh=08f29dc23ac77e089d413bad68d082fb&oe=56F783DA

davey g-force
Nov 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM
And Mike looks like he's having a blast!

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12189314_10154237900534989_988090889259518047_o.jpg

strader327
Nov 4th, 2015, 09:12 PM
The SMELL. What do they SMELL like? I especially want to know about the shampoo, polish and the detail spray. Thanks.

Vettefan
Nov 5th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Hi Mike,
Is the wax in the new Polishing/Wax synthetic or carnauba based? Also, will it leave a white chalky residue on trim?

Thanks,
Vettefan

The Guz
Nov 5th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Looks like it has both

Features:
•Saves time by combining cleaning, polishing & waxing into one step
•Modern chemistry, but with an old-school vibe
•Scent & feel
•Easy wipe off
•Polymer and carnauba protection

•Long-lasting, water beading durability (approaches Ultimate)
•Can be hand applied, but maximum paint cleaning is realized when applied with our MT300, DA Power System or similar.
•Size: 14 fl oz liquid

ffboy
Nov 5th, 2015, 09:49 PM

How would this compare to M20 polymer sealant in aggressiveness and protection?

Michael Stoops
Nov 7th, 2015, 04:38 PM
And Mike looks like he's having a blast!
I am ALWAYS having a blast at SEMA!!!!

The Guz
Nov 7th, 2015, 06:19 PM

See post 26 for Nick's response.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?63834-Meguiar-s-Mirror-Bright/page3

Ron500
Nov 8th, 2015, 07:20 AM
simply great, I knew this would be a premium range....this has been much awaited by us meguiars fans,

so how do these products compare with for instance gold class (specifically the polish, shampoo etc?

is this the new top of the range (higher than GC, or Ultimate range)?

The Guz
Nov 8th, 2015, 09:45 AM
simply great, I knew this would be a premium range....this has been much awaited by us meguiars fans,

so how do these products compare with for instance gold class (specifically the polish, shampoo etc?

See post #11 for Nick's response

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?63834-Meguiar-s-Mirror-Bright/page2

szladob
Nov 8th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Is white residue an issue with the polishing wax? Thanks

BTLew81
Nov 9th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Cure time on this?

Nick Winn
Nov 10th, 2015, 11:23 AM
The SMELL. What do they SMELL like? I especially want to know about the shampoo, polish and the detail spray. Thanks.

MB Shampoo – Cherry
MB Polishing Wax – Blueberry
MB Detailing Spray – Berry

Hi Mike,
Is the wax in the new Polishing/Wax synthetic or carnauba based? Also, will it leave a white chalky residue on trim?

Thanks,
Vettefan

Mirror Bright Polishing Wax is a synthetic & carnauba blend, but with durability that reaches towards Ultimate Wax. Mirror Bright Polishing Wax can leave a white residue on non-painted exterior plastic or rubber trim.

Cleaning ability is similar, but MB Polishing Wax will have more durability.

We would agree!

If we were to compare, Mirror Bright would fit in-between our Gold Class & Ultimate Lines.

Is white residue an issue with the polishing wax? Thanks

Mirror Bright Polishing Wax can leave a white residue on non-painted exterior plastic or rubber trim.

Cure time on this?

Since MB Polishing Wax contains polymers, it is always a good idea to wait overnight before applying another coat of the product or washing the vehicle.

Bandit Rich
Nov 10th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Is the Mirror Bright Spray Detailer a hybrid combination of Ultimate Quik Detailer & Gold Class Spray Wax?

pcfxer
Nov 12th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Nice! It's good to be coming out of the woodwork with a name that harkens back to the old megoo's!!! I'm definitely looking forward to picking these products up and giving all of them a try but I'm hoping I can get these before a "couple of months" from Autogeek since I'm lining up a big juicy order as my products run low.

Nick Winn
Dec 7th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Is the Mirror Bright Spray Detailer a hybrid combination of Ultimate Quik Detailer & Gold Class Spray Wax?

Hey Bandit,

There is no Wax properties in Mirror Bright Detailing Spray.

tapp1
Dec 9th, 2015, 03:05 PM
What is the ETA on these to retailers? I see Amazon has them listed, but obviously not in stock. ETA like Mid-January?

Nick Winn
Dec 9th, 2015, 03:12 PM
What is the ETA on these to retailers? I see Amazon has them listed, but obviously not in stock. ETA like Mid-January?

Looking into it right now for you and will follow up with answer ASAP

Nick Winn
Dec 11th, 2015, 07:38 AM

Looking into it right now for you and will follow up with answer ASAP

We have a general idea for you right now, it's looking like Feb/March, possibly mid - late January.

tapp1
Dec 11th, 2015, 08:00 AM
We have a general idea for you right now, it's looking like Feb/March, possibly mid - late January.

Thanks! I was hoping sooner...but totally understand.

BTLew81
Dec 21st, 2015, 07:14 PM
Can the polishing wax be used as a base for ultimate wax?

The Guz
Jan 1st, 2016, 01:23 AM
Available on Autogeek.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-mirror-bright-collection.html

The Guz
Jan 1st, 2016, 04:52 PM

Nick, based on this does the polishing wax contain SMAT? Or does it do it's thing chemically?

Also what is the dilution ration for the shampoo? Is it similar to Gold Class and Ultimate at 1 oz per gallon?

BTLew81
Jan 2nd, 2016, 10:38 PM
For the polishing wax...how does it compare to M20 in terms of cleaning and durability? Also, can UW be layered on top?

The Guz
Jan 2nd, 2016, 10:58 PM
This should help/

For the polishing wax...how does it compare to M20 in terms of cleaning and durability?

Cleaning ability is similar but Mirror Bright Polishing Wax will have more durability.

Also, can UW be layered on top?

I don't see why not but this stands out to me.

[QUOTE=Michael Stoops;568431]

Mirror Bright

The Guz
Jan 4th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Nick, based on this does the polishing wax contain SMAT? Or does it do it's thing chemically?

Also what is the dilution ration for the shampoo? Is it similar to Gold Class and Ultimate at 1 oz per gallon?

Nick any updates on these two questions that popped into my head?

Nick Winn
Jan 5th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Nick any updates on these two questions that popped into my head?

Mirror Bright Polishing Wax utilizes mild SMAT abrasive technology. Mirror Bright Automobile Shampoo is technically a 1 oz per gallon of water, 128:1 dilution ratio, but we actually state on the directions of the bottle to pour "1 glug" per gallon of water. We wanted to bring back some of the old school style into the directions for the shampoo. : )

The Guz
Jan 5th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Mirror Bright Polishing Wax utilizes mild SMAT abrasive technology. Mirror Bright Automobile Shampoo is technically a 1 oz per gallon of water, 128:1 dilution ratio, but we actually state on the directions of the bottle to pour "1 glug" per gallon of water. We wanted to bring back some of the old school style into the directions for the shampoo. : )

Thanks Nick.

JustJesus
Jan 5th, 2016, 03:47 PM
aw man.... how do I measure "1 glug" ?????

(my gf teases me all the time cuz I use various measuring devices when I'm cooking!)

and yeah, i'm kidding about measuring 1 glug.

BTLew81
Jan 5th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Hey Nick...any reply to my inquries?

Nick Winn
Jan 6th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Sorry about that BTlew, I thought another user had responded to your questions. See response below:

Can the polishing wax be used as a base for ultimate wax?

For the polishing wax...how does it compare to M20 in terms of cleaning and durability? Also, can UW be layered on top?

If one prefers, yes, Meguiar's Mirror Bright Polishing Wax can be used as a base for another wax, like Ultimate Wax. In fact, all of Meguiar's Cleaner Waxes can be used as a base and then topped with another wax for added protection. It should be noted that if one is going after the best results, it would be best to use a dedicated cleaner/polish first, and then follow with a dedicated wax like Ultimate, Gold Class, NXT etc. Although some of us use cleaners waxes like you have indicated, apply first, then follow with another product, which is perfectly OK, Cleaner Waxes are intended to be "all in one" products, so one does not have to do multiple steps.

If we were to compare M20 to MB Polishing Wax, the cleaning ability is similar but MB Polishing Wax will have more durability.

Mr. Slick
Jan 6th, 2016, 05:36 PM
I haven't seen these at our autozone or anywhere else that sells Meguiars products yet. I bought the other wheel cleaner and ultimate spray detailer. What's the difference with the new mirror bright product from the old ones?

wheckathorn
Jan 6th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Nicholas (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/member.php?32350-Nicholas-Winn),

Is there a chart that show the different product line and where each product is as aggression level for compound/polish.
What about waxes durability?
Cleaners?

THOMSOAD
Jan 7th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Im having difficulty in understanding where this product fits and who its exactly designed for? You say its inbetween Gold Class and Ultimate...what makes it inbetween exactly? Ease of use...fewer steps....not as durable...not as impressive? I love the look of the bottle but i have no idea who this product is designed for. I am a detail nut so im assuming this product is not for someone like me but for more of the "get it done quick and only twice a year" type?

Nick Winn
Jan 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I haven't seen these at our autozone or anywhere else that sells Meguiars products yet. I bought the other wheel cleaner and ultimate spray detailer. What's the difference with the new mirror bright product from the old ones?

Im having difficulty in understanding where this product fits and who its exactly designed for? You say its inbetween Gold Class and Ultimate...what makes it inbetween exactly? Ease of use...fewer steps....not as durable...not as impressive? I love the look of the bottle but i have no idea who this product is designed for. I am a detail nut so im assuming this product is not for someone like me but for more of the "get it done quick and only twice a year" type?

Mirror Bright is a new line of products inspired by our long standing traditions, utilizing all new technology. Taking back to our traditions, but re-crafted. 5 key items for interior & exterior, and mutli-purpose, easy to use, modern formulations. All of the formulations are ground up, clean slate formulas, and not based off existing products, and to say the least these have some pretty special chemistry! Even some of the fragrances in MB mimic the scents of products from the old days. Mirror Bright Automobile Shampoo is a Wash & Wax and Mirror Bright Polishing Wax cleans, polishes, and waxes in one step. Mirror Bright Detailing Spray is safe for inside and outside use. MB Leather Lotion is also a multi purpose product, cleans, conditions, and protects in one step. Lastly MB Wheel Cleaner is safe for all wheels.

These products can help a new car guy easily choose a line of products that will address virtually every aspect of basic car care, while providing premium performance. For users experienced with car care, this line offers some unique performance characteristics that you will find not only appealing, but highly effective.

Our new Mirror Bright products perform above the standards of our Gold Class line where applicable, and our Ultimate Line of products remain the best in performance characteristics.

We hope this information was helpful! We can't wait to see what you guys think!

Nick Winn
Jan 14th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Nicholas (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/member.php?32350-Nicholas-Winn),

Is there a chart that show the different product line and where each product is as aggression level for compound/polish.
What about waxes durability?
Cleaners?

We don't have an aggressive level chart for our consumer line of products. Sorry! This is mainly because most of the products in our consumer line with cleaning ability are pretty mild, unless it is a Scratch remover or Compound.

02Rodeo
Mar 4th, 2016, 03:08 PM
So what your saying is the Ultimate line is still the best bet..

Mr. Slick
Mar 5th, 2016, 12:29 AM
They finally have this product at our Autozone! I got the wheel cleaner today and can't wait to try it on the next customer's car!

The Guz
Mar 9th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Hey Bandit,

There is no Wax properties in Mirror Bright Detailing Spray.

Nick here's another question for you. I saw some water beading and sheeting characteristics from Mirror Bright detail spray, as part of a side by side test with another new detail spray that hit the market that claims a layer of protection.

A little bit of background to give you an idea of what I did.

I have an aftermarket hood on my car, so that leaves me with my factory hood as a test panel. What I did to prep the surface was that I used a polish on my DA to remove anything that was on the surface. I then proceeded with an IPA wipedown and then following up with the Mirror Bright Detail Spray. I left the hood out overnight as it was going to rain the next day.

This is what I saw the next day.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3030/medium/IMG_5202_Mirror_Bright.jpg

From what I can tell it appears to leave something on the surface even if it may not be as durable as ultimate quik detailer/M135. Just wondering if Mirror Bright does alter the surface tension other than added slickness and gloss.

Thanks.

Low83
Mar 9th, 2016, 01:12 PM
They finally have this product at our Autozone! I got the wheel cleaner today and can't wait to try it on the next customer's car!
Nothing at my local AutoZone or Oreillys, checked NAPA also, but I did find it at Lemoore Naval Air Station at their gas station. Being Navy retired I go on base monthly, surprised they carry a lot of Meguiars product :db:

Michael Stoops
Mar 9th, 2016, 03:32 PM
From what I can tell it appears to leave something on the surface even if it may not be as durable as ultimate quik detailer/M135. Just wondering if Mirror Bright does alter the surface tension other than added slickness and gloss.

Thanks.By simple virtue of the fact that it adds slickness and gloss, it alters the surface tension of the paint, yes. But it's a quick detail spray, and not a spray wax. Durability is not something you should be looking for in a quick detailer, including UQD/M135. UQW/D156, on the other hand, are surprisingly durable but they are also full on polymer spray waxes and not quick detailers.

Nothing at my local AutoZone or Oreillys, checked NAPA also, but I did find it at Lemoore Naval Air Station at their gas station. Being Navy retired I go on base monthly, surprised they carry a lot of Meguiars product :db:
For the time being, the only national auto parts chain that has picked up the Mirror Bright line is AutoZone (distribution timing will vary slightly from store to store, however) although it is widely available online and of course there are those independent stores that will stock it. That it's in the gas station at Lemoore Naval Air Station is interesting, but there's an awful of really smart people in the Navy so it kinda makes sense. ;)

The Guz
Mar 9th, 2016, 09:02 PM
By simple virtue of the fact that it adds slickness and gloss, it alters the surface tension of the paint, yes. But it's a quick detail spray, and not a spray wax. Durability is not something you should be looking for in a quick detailer, including UQD/M135. UQW/D156, on the other hand, are surprisingly durable but they are also full on polymer spray waxes and not quick detailers.

Thanks Mike. I was just curious as to whether or not there was something left behind. It was surprising to see such nice beading and sheeting from it. I am in agreement that D156 is a better alternative to any detail spray as the beading and sheeting characteristics from Mirror Bright detail spray were short lived.

02Rodeo
Apr 12th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Will this remove light swirl marks..

Brian Hann
Apr 12th, 2016, 03:12 PM
The Mirror Bright Polishing Wax does have some light defect removing capability. Keep in mind that paint hardness, not just the depth of the defect, always plays a part in the process. You should also understand that many scenarios will prove the need for a dedicated paint cleaner like Ultimate Compound before waxing.

This really raises the age old question of a one-step cleaner/wax versus a multi-step process. The right solution is heavily dependent on the specifics of your situation and personal goals.

The Guz
Apr 12th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Nick how is the correction ability with a burgundy cutting disk? We know that cut is also pad dependent as well as paint hardness as you stated.

Nick Winn
Apr 20th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Nick how is the correction ability with a burgundy cutting disk? We know that cut is also pad dependent as well as paint hardness as you stated.

Hey Guz,

I actually have not tried this combination. I know Stoops has had success using White Wax on our DFC5 5 inch Foam Cutting Disc with our MT300 in some situations as a one step, but White Wax has much more cleaning ability than Mirror Bright Polishing Wax.

The Guz
Apr 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Hey Guz,

I actually have not tried this combination. I know Stoops has had success using White Wax on our DFC5 5 inch Foam Cutting Disc with our MT300 in some situations as a one step, but White Wax has much more cleaning ability than Mirror Bright Polishing Wax.

Thanks Nick for the honest feedback. I have experienced the same correcting ability with a DFC5 foam cutting disc as Mike. White wax excels in that effort. I was just curious if the polishing wax would still do a pretty good job, not expecting it to be on the same level as White Wax. But to also take advantage of the longer durability of the polishing wax over white wax. There is all this talk lately on other forums about all in one type products that can correct well but leave a longer lasting protection. Basically a cleaner sealant. If I get the chance I will give the polishing wax a try to see how this combination fairs.

The Guz
Jun 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I have one other thing to mention about the wheel cleaner as I used it the other day once again. Is there a way to increase the clinging ability of it? I found zero clinging of it the last time I used it on a set of wheels. It ran right off the wheel and didn't do anything. Even with the foaming sprayer. I would much prefer this to be in a gel type format versus the liquid.

MicrofiberMan
Jun 29th, 2016, 09:11 AM
The Polishing Wax is less aggressive than White Wax but more aggressive than Black Wax. How does that work if you are the type to wax your car every 2 months or so, would you want to limit a polishing wax to once or twice a year?

MicrofiberMan
Aug 5th, 2016, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=Michael Stoops;568431]http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2411/Image201602.jpg

Mirror Bright

Sinkhole
Sep 7th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Can the Mirror Bright Leather Lotion be used on synthetic leather like BMW's SensaTec of Mercedes-Benz's MB-Tex?

Nick Winn
Sep 7th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Can the Mirror Bright Leather Lotion be used on synthetic leather like BMW's SensaTec of Mercedes-Benz's MB-Tex?

Hi Sinkhole,

Yes, Mirror Bright Leather Lotion can be used on these types of leather surfaces.

Nick Winn
Aug 17th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Check out our new "Meguiar's Mirror Bright - Overview" Thread HERE (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?66046-Meguiar-s-Mirror-Bright-Overview&p=582085)