PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Gold Class Trim Detailer

Nirvanaman
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I used the Trim detailer on my car, as recommended to me at the Lightning Detail day at Meguiars. It looked and worked great, until I washed the car. It came off on my wash mitt turning it black and dripped onto the paint leaving a greacy film behind (and small black particles). Is there anything I can do about this?

gb387
Apr 10th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Hummmm... I have had great luck with the trim detailer and haven't used anything better! Apply a thin coat after you are done washing your truck, I have found it applies easier and more even with an applicator pad. Maybe there was too much on? Never had that problem.

Bri9801
Apr 10th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I haven't had any problems with Trim Detailer either. Maybe you applied too thick of a coat :confused:

rdarwa
Apr 10th, 2004, 04:04 PM
If you apply it too thick you will have that problem. You have to apply it thin. It works great for me...I love it. :D

Apr 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I've had the same problem...if you look though these threads you'll probalbly stumble on it, however to make it easy on you, as gb387 said you have too much on. after you applied it wait awhile and take a towel or clean rag and light swipe over the area to take off the extra thats not "absorbed " into the pastic this soloved the problem for me...good luck.

Nirvanaman
Apr 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Hmm could be what happened. Any idea how to get the residue off the paint?

It worked great in terms of making the plastic bits better than new, perhaps I was a little over-generous with the application of it.

Thanks!

rdarwa
Apr 10th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Have you tried some QD?

Tim Lingor
Apr 11th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Hey,

I really love GC Trim Detailer! I have found that, like 2000 mentioned, to apply it rather thinly. Then after waiting a moment, go back and wipe off any excess with a MF towel.

Any QD should remove the streaks caused by the Trim Detailer.

Tim

rusty bumper
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:07 PM
I have used a micro fiber cloth alone to remove any Trim Detailer excess from paint.

M5police
Jun 9th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Try the new NXT protectant. I put it on a week ago on my 190E and when I washed it yesterday.....water actually beaded up on the rubber and did not smear or wash away. Now thats what I call good stuff, my car being 12 years old. :xyxthumbs