PDA

View Full Version : Using Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Nick Winn
Jan 31st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Using Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?65527-Using-Meguiar-s-Ultimate-Fast-Finish)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/UFF_Custom_3_.jpg

Ultimate Fast Finish is now Meguiar's most advanced synthetic polymer protection offered. Not only is Ultimate Fast Finish Meguiar's top tier protection offering, it is also the quickest & easiest way to apply protection to your vehicle with it's no buffing, aerosol application!

Here are some of the highlighted features from the product introduction thread (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?65264-Meguiar-s-Ultimate-Fast-Finish)

Features:

Meguiar's most advanced paint protecting formula
Technologically advanced, innovative, synthetic polymer coating provides relentless water beading protection wash after wash*
Protects for a full year!*
Meguiar's fastest & easiest way to protect a paint finish, simply spray on & wipe off
Use by itself or even on top of wax to extend protection.
*Lab tested durability over 100 wash cycles using a pH balanced car wash

Details:

Part#: G18309
MSRP $17.99 USD
Size: 8.5 oz aerosol
Includes Microfiber Towel

Ultimate Fast Finish can be used a couple different ways depending on your goals & preference:

1) Ultimate Fast Finish can be used in place of your wax, because after all, it provides synthetic, polymer protection The trade-off is that you may not achieve the level of darkness, reflectivity, and depth of gloss that comes from either a true carnauba or synthetic wax product. Some examples of application may be to:
Basic wash & protect: Wash, Clay if needed, apply Ultimate Fast Finish
Show Car Detail: Wash, Clay if needed, Ultimate Compound if needed, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Fast Finish

2) Ultimate Fast Finish can also be used in addition to your favorite Meguiar's Liquid or Paste Wax as a last step product (LSP) to lock in darkness, reflectivity & depth of gloss. In fact, if you are looking to get maximum gloss & maximum protection, Meguiar's recommends applying your favorite liquid or paste wax first, and then applying Ultimate Fast Finish as your final step. For best results wait a full 12 - 24 hours after applying your favorite liquid or paste wax before applying Ultimate Fast Finish.

Finally, regardless of which approach you choose, it is recommended to maintain the finish with your favorite Meguiar's Detailer. Ultimate Fast Finish has been formulated with complimentary chemistry to all Meguiar's Detailers, insuring there's no degradation in the protection or performance of Ultimate Fast Finish.

Just like you would do before applying a traditional liquid or paste wax, either wash the vehicle or use a spray detailer like Meguiar's Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe to ensure the surface is free of loose contaminants. If needed, clay your vehicle with Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove any above surface contaminants or use our Ultimate Compound to remove any swirls, scratches, or stains.

Today we were applying Ultimate Fast Finish on this Audi R8:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0569_Custom_.JPG

Spray a small amount directly onto the included black Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel then spread the product over a small section of the vehicle at a time, i.e. half the hood. Product does not need to dry. Flip to the dry side of the microfiber towel for final wipe to ensure even coverage, and your done!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0542_Custom_.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0544_Custom_.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0551_Custom_.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0550_Custom_.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0562_Custom_.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0555_Custom_.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2521/medium/IMG_0574_Custom_.JPG

Thanks!

- Nick

The Guz
Jan 31st, 2017, 05:24 PM
Great article Nick. Was fast finish the only product applied to this Audi? What prep work was involved? The reason I ask is because that is some great reflection and gloss on the Audi.

greg0303
Jan 31st, 2017, 10:29 PM
This article really gives some more important details about Ultimate Fast Finish.

Just a quick question.
Would it be preferred way to use Ultimate Fast Finish as a first/base protection product, and then optionally apply another wax/sealant on top, because of its longest protection period offered ? Or is it better to use it to lock some other wax/sealant, by topping it with UFF ?

RDVT4ME
Feb 1st, 2017, 04:20 PM
How does this compare/contrast to PP365?

Nick Winn
Feb 1st, 2017, 04:51 PM
Great article Nick. Was fast finish the only product applied to this Audi? What prep work was involved? The reason I ask is because that is some great reflection and gloss on the Audi.

Thank you sir! Confirmed it was prepped w/ M100 Pro Speed Compound on DMC5 DA Microfiber Cutting Disc followed by M205 on DFP5 Soft Buff Yellow Foam Polishing Disc, then Ultimate Paste Wax, all applied with our MT300 Dual Action Polisher. I agree on the reflections! They were actually making it difficult to capture the pictures we wanted because of the reflections.

This article really gives some more important details about Ultimate Fast Finish.

Just a quick question.
Would it be preferred way to use Ultimate Fast Finish as a first/base protection product, and then optionally apply another wax/sealant on top, because of its longest protection period offered ? Or is it better to use it to lock some other wax/sealant, by topping it with UFF ?

Hi Greg,

Overall we recommend using Ultimate Fast Finish by itself in place of your wax, or as your final Last Step Product (LSP), topping your favorite liquid or paste wax, to lock in the benefits of your favorite liquid or paste wax which was applied. But yes! A third way if you prefer, Ultimate Fast Finish can be applied, allowed to cure, and then followed with your favorite liquid or paste wax.

Hope this helps! - Nick

greg0303
Feb 1st, 2017, 07:07 PM
Thank you very much, Nick.

I will be definitely getting Ultimate Fast Finish.

drumdan
Feb 3rd, 2017, 05:07 AM
Very nice!

I love the simplicity of products like this. Definitely a time saver.

rqk
Feb 4th, 2017, 03:20 PM
1. Will it ever be available in pump form (thinking it would be more cost effective that way if possible?)

2. Is there anything it shouldn't be applied to? I am thinking of the typical issue of wax turning rubber white/hazy.

BTLew81
Feb 6th, 2017, 01:47 PM
can it be maintained with D156?

The Guz
Feb 6th, 2017, 03:21 PM
1. Will it ever be available in pump form (thinking it would be more cost effective that way if possible?)

2. Is there anything it shouldn't be applied to? I am thinking of the typical issue of wax turning rubber white/hazy.

I tried it on trim and didn't see any issue. I applied and wipe off just as if it was applied on paint. Darkened the trim ever so slightly.

Also I used very little using it on a midsize sedan.

Nick Winn
Feb 6th, 2017, 05:11 PM

I don't forsee it being available in a different form. This product is designed & recommended for use on paint, so it is not recommended to get it onto surfaces other than paint, but with that being said, I have applied it to various smooth & glossy trim with no issues.

can it be maintained with D156?

Absolutely. Just like you would with our traditional liquid & paste waxes, you can maintain with any of our Spray Waxes like D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, Ultimate Quik Wax, etc.

Marc08EX
Feb 22nd, 2017, 10:55 AM
Great write-up and article Nick! That R8 looks beautiful!

Can you use a foam applicator pad instead of a microfiber towel to apply Fast Finish? That way less product gets absorbed?

Nick Winn
Feb 22nd, 2017, 11:09 AM
Great write-up and article Nick! That R8 looks beautiful!

Can you use a foam applicator pad instead of a microfiber towel to apply Fast Finish? That way less product gets absorbed?

Thanks Marc! I have not tried applying it with a foam applicator like our W0004 Soft Foam Applicators but I watched my boss Mike Pennington apply it to his Tahoe the other day with a foam applicator pad and it worked just fine. He did say that when initially spreading it did drag a little bit, but once it was spread it glided fine. So that is what we found when applying it with foam

- Nick

Lydia
Feb 22nd, 2017, 11:16 AM
I applied it to about half of a 35' RV, 2 motorcycles, and a scooter with a foam applicator. Worked well for me!

taylorschullrn
Mar 10th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Ok so i understand you can use the fast finish as a last step product and if you do use a wax under the fast finish then give the wax time to cure. But i was wondering if the fast finish would be able to bond correctly if there is a wax layer on the car? I was wanting to use this new black wax i got for my black car and i want to use the ultimate fast finish as well but idk if the wax should go on the car first or if the UFF should? I know with coatings, you should apply to a clean wax free and sealant free surface to assure max bonding ability. I guess all i want to know is how i should apply my new black paste wax and this UFF together? Wax then UFF? Or UFF then wax?

HCAD
Mar 11th, 2017, 04:32 AM
I've enjoyed my trials with Ultimate Fast Finish over the last couple of weeks. Applied to several of my regular customers cars so I could get their ongoing feedback, and also to my sons to keep up with longevity myself (even though he's away at school). As has been described, application is quite easy. I'm old school so it's hard for me to believe something that quick and easy is going to outlast my other traditional options. But I'm willing to learn something new! I am a little puzzled as to why a microfiber towel was given as the best applicator tool. It's next to impossible NOT to have some product get on nearby trim or glass, if it really matters. My next application I'll try a square, microfiber covered, foam pad.

End result is a definite thumbs up though! And I don't see any difference in gloss or depth of reflection as compared to Meg's #21 or #20.

pwaug
Mar 25th, 2017, 02:00 PM
If FF is applied over another LSP (Wax or Sealant) does this diminish the durability of the FF?

Nick Winn
Apr 3rd, 2017, 07:15 AM
Ok so i understand you can use the fast finish as a last step product and if you do use a wax under the fast finish then give the wax time to cure. But i was wondering if the fast finish would be able to bond correctly if there is a wax layer on the car? I was wanting to use this new black wax i got for my black car and i want to use the ultimate fast finish as well but idk if the wax should go on the car first or if the UFF should? I know with coatings, you should apply to a clean wax free and sealant free surface to assure max bonding ability. I guess all i want to know is how i should apply my new black paste wax and this UFF together? Wax then UFF? Or UFF then wax?

If FF is applied over another LSP (Wax or Sealant) does this diminish the durability of the FF?

Based on our testing, applying your favorite coat of liquid or paste wax first, and then applying Ultimate Fast Finish, does not affect the durability. In fact, the product was actually designed to be applied this way if the users wishes to do so (or by itself).

I've enjoyed my trials with Ultimate Fast Finish over the last couple of weeks. Applied to several of my regular customers cars so I could get their ongoing feedback, and also to my sons to keep up with longevity myself (even though he's away at school). As has been described, application is quite easy. I'm old school so it's hard for me to believe something that quick and easy is going to outlast my other traditional options. But I'm willing to learn something new! I am a little puzzled as to why a microfiber towel was given as the best applicator tool. It's next to impossible NOT to have some product get on nearby trim or glass, if it really matters. My next application I'll try a square, microfiber covered, foam pad.

End result is a definite thumbs up though! And I don't see any difference in gloss or depth of reflection as compared to Meg's #21 or #20.

Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to hearing more!

Rhnos
Apr 23rd, 2017, 11:27 PM
can i apply this after having applied ultimate wax?

i am also using ultimate quick detailer in between waxing and washing.

or may be it is ok not to use it when using ultimate wax and ultimate quick detailer

let me know if i need this product thanks

Nick Winn
Apr 24th, 2017, 08:45 AM
can i apply this after having applied ultimate wax?

i am also using ultimate quick detailer in between waxing and washing.

or may be it is ok not to use it when using ultimate wax and ultimate quick detailer

let me know if i need this product thanks

Hi Rhnos,

Yes, you can apply Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish after applying our Ultimate Wax. If you were to apply the products in this way, we would recommend applying Ultimate Wax, letting it dry, wiping it off, and then waiting 12 - 24 hours for the Ultimate Wax to fully cure. If there is any dust on the finish after allowing Ultimate Wax to cure, wipe it off with a QD spray, and then apply Ultimate Fast Finish. Yes, there is no issue using UQD & UQW to maintain UFF.

ffboy
Sep 7th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Just got myself Ultimate Fast Finish, this is a dumb question. Will the durability be compromised if I use this on top of a non meguiar's car wax?

ffboy
Sep 17th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Well, scratch that intellectual question I posted regarding UFF + a non-Meguiar's product. Anyway, I went ahead and removed my car's previous wax application because I had it repaired and as expected, it got some paint overspray. I washed the car with 50/50 or car shampoo with a bit of dishwashing liquid (yes, not good but I did it for the 1st time in my life) just enough to remove the old wax applied. Proceeded to claying to ensure a smooth, contaminant free surface. Applied Ultimate Paste Wax in the morning, did some work related stuff, applied UFF late in the afternoon. So far, too easy to apply. I've forgotten how easy Ultimate Paste is to apply and remove, and how it leaves a nice, crisp finish after and even better after the recommended cure time. I expected an even slicker feel with the application of UFF, but no, it left a different feel to the finish after application and curing.

UFF is too easy to apply. Sure, the shine it left is not as great as the traditional waxes/sealants, but there is a bit of enhancement after application. The paint seems to have a slightly waxed feel, but a tougher waxed feel. Water beading? That is one thing I'm not sure of. But I really like the results I got, and with the ease of use this product has, I wouldn't mind or I wouldn't even care if this doesn't last a full 12 months.

Nick Winn
Sep 18th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Well, scratch that intellectual question I posted regarding UFF + a non-Meguiar's product. Anyway, I went ahead and removed my car's previous wax application because I had it repaired and as expected, it got some paint overspray. I washed the car with 50/50 or car shampoo with a bit of dishwashing liquid (yes, not good but I did it for the 1st time in my life) just enough to remove the old wax applied. Proceeded to claying to ensure a smooth, contaminant free surface. Applied Ultimate Paste Wax in the morning, did some work related stuff, applied UFF late in the afternoon. So far, too easy to apply. I've forgotten how easy Ultimate Paste is to apply and remove, and how it leaves a nice, crisp finish after and even better after the recommended cure time. I expected an even slicker feel with the application of UFF, but no, it left a different feel to the finish after application and curing.

UFF is too easy to apply. Sure, the shine it left is not as great as the traditional waxes/sealants, but there is a bit of enhancement after application. The paint seems to have a slightly waxed feel, but a tougher waxed feel. Water beading? That is one thing I'm not sure of. But I really like the results I got, and with the ease of use this product has, I wouldn't mind or I wouldn't even care if this doesn't last a full 12 months.

Happy to hear you got a chance to try it and liked the results.

ffboy
Sep 18th, 2017, 09:07 PM
This product is very appealing to me. We always want the best shine and durability, while some products can offer incredible shine, durability, it can come at the expense of user friendliness. The ultimate wax and ultimate fast finish combination for me is a winner. Easy to use, even more so the UFF, I think this will now be my go to product.

marcusray
Sep 26th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Can I apply UFF to Alloy Wheels and will it help make cleaning break dust easier??

Nick Winn
Sep 26th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Can I apply UFF to Alloy Wheels and will it help make cleaning break dust easier??

Welcome to MOL. Yes and most likely Yes. There would be no issue applying Ultimate Fast Finish to alloy wheels. Just make sure the wheels are cool to the touch & clean of course. It is not necessarily designed for this or to make cleaning wheels easier but it likely will help. It should be noted the product will not last quite as long because of what wheels are constantly subjected to. Frequent care for wheels is the best for maintenance. The less time contaminants sit on the wheel the less likely they will have a chance to cause an issue.

Nick

marcusray
Sep 27th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Thanks for your super quick reply. I know UFF may not be the best for wheels, however since Meguiar's-Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier (http://www.meguiars.com.hk/product/meguiars-hot-rims-brake-dust-barrier) is not available in Hong Kong I am just looking for the next best alternative. Any suggestions?

Carsten
Feb 15th, 2018, 05:32 AM
What about leftover water from the wash ? If a bit of water from a mirror or door handle runs out and get in the microfiber while im applying the UFF ? Will it streak or anything else ?

tophog
Aug 29th, 2018, 07:29 AM
I haven't seen much information on this product regarding use on RV's. It would be an attractive product for this application due to sheer size of many RV's.

I'm mostly curious if this can be used on gelcoat fiberglass sides that may or may not have decals?

rapport25
Nov 1st, 2018, 06:03 AM
Hi Nick,

Can FF be applied to glass? I have used ULW and agreed you get a bit if glare, but nothing too bad.

Thanks,

Rappy.

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Thanks for your super quick reply. I know UFF may not be the best for wheels, however since Meguiar's-Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier (http://www.meguiars.com.hk/product/meguiars-hot-rims-brake-dust-barrier) is not available in Hong Kong I am just looking for the next best alternative. Any suggestions?

Next best suggestion would indeed be Ultimate Fast Finish.

What about leftover water from the wash ? If a bit of water from a mirror or door handle runs out and get in the microfiber while im applying the UFF ? Will it streak or anything else ?

Not a big deal. You should not experience any trouble.

I haven't seen much information on this product regarding use on RV's. It would be an attractive product for this application due to sheer size of many RV's.

I'm mostly curious if this can be used on gelcoat fiberglass sides that may or may not have decals?

Hi tophog,

Ultimate Fast Finish was designed for use on paint, and not much testing was done on fiberglass/gel coat. With that said, we have heard of it being used on fiberglass/gel coat with great success.

Hi Nick,

Can FF be applied to glass? I have used ULW and agreed you get a bit if glare, but nothing too bad.

Thanks,

Rappy.

Hi Rappy,

It was not designed & tested for glass, and we would not suggest it because of the potential for glare. We would suggest our Perfect Clarity Glass Care Kit, which has our Perfect Clarity Glass Sealant, for best results. With that said, we have heard of it being used on glass with good results. The new Hybrid Ceramic Wax can be used on glass; it's recommended to be applied to all exterior surfaces.

Old Bear
Nov 5th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Annual gloss black refrigerator exterior detail.

Meguiars D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax
Followed by Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish.

I keep a black microfiber towel on top of fridge doors to use when opening, closing or a quick touch up from water/ice dispenser drips.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/Fridge_detail_2018Nov05_640.jpg

Nick Winn
Nov 6th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I keep a black microfiber towel on top of fridge doors to use when opening, closing or a quick touch up from water/ice dispenser drips.

:xyxthumbs

advancebo
Jan 3rd, 2019, 12:09 PM
Is it possible to use Ultimate Fast Finish on top of my decals? Regular waxes deteriorates it over time and I was wondering if this would have the same effect

https://i.imgur.com/SVk9CJJ.jpg

Nick Winn
Jan 3rd, 2019, 01:01 PM
Is it possible to use Ultimate Fast Finish on top of my decals? Regular waxes deteriorates it over time and I was wondering if this would have the same effect

Ultimate Fast Finish was not designed or tested on vinyl wraps or decals, so because of that, we cannot officially recommend it's use on that surface. We do however have a product which can be used on glossy or matte finished vinyl wraps or decals, our Ultimate Quik Wax. You'll just want to apply it more often.

Hope this helps.

Nick

advancebo
Jan 3rd, 2019, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Fast Finish was not designed or tested on vinyl wraps or decals, so because of that, we cannot officially recommend it's use on that surface. We do however have a product which can be used on glossy or matte finished vinyl wraps or decals, our Ultimate Quik Wax. You'll just want to apply it more often.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Thanks, good to know. I will pick up the Ultimate Quik Wax and give that a try.

RPPM
Jan 9th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Hi Nick,

UFF is a great product. I have two questions on the product.

1) How long will the contents of the aerosol can last in the can? Do you have an estimate on the number of years?
2) Is there a create or expiration date on the can?

Thank you.

Buddy05
Jan 16th, 2019, 04:45 AM
Hi, wanted to ask so because of the protection layer created by quick finish.. in case I put wax then put the quick finish, the waxes will last until the quick finish protection goes away? so I dont need to do anything until 100 times car wash? how long should I wait If I use cleaner wax before put the quick finish? thanks

j2ee
Jul 19th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Can I use this on nano coat?

j2ee
Jul 19th, 2019, 11:40 AM
Can I apply to on nano coating?

NewToDetail
Aug 5th, 2019, 03:34 PM
I'm looking to understand how best to maintain UFF on my car. This was my process when applying it for the first time (1) Clean via Ultimate waterless wash & Wax (2) applied a layer of Meguiars Quik Wax and (3) UFF as the last step.

My question is - what is the right and best way to maintain both the Quik Wax and UFF on the car, do I just use UFF and ignore Quik Wax when re-applying after 6 months or so?

Appreciate the advice!

Thanks !

Nick Winn
Aug 6th, 2019, 08:59 AM
I'm looking to understand how best to maintain UFF on my car. This was my process when applying it for the first time (1) Clean via Ultimate waterless wash & Wax (2) applied a layer of Meguiars Quik Wax and (3) UFF as the last step.

My question is - what is the right and best way to maintain both the Quik Wax and UFF on the car, do I just use UFF and ignore Quik Wax when re-applying after 6 months or so?

Appreciate the advice!

Thanks !

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! Based on what you have described & what you have, I would recommend using Ultimate Fast Finish as your main source of protection. Wash the vehicle, with a tradtional or waterless wash method, and then apply Ultimate Fast Finish to a clean & dry paint surface, ideally in the shade, on a cool surface. You can then maintain with tradtional or waterless washing as frequently as you would like, and then you can also maintain gloss, slickness, & provide added protection, by using Ultimate Quik Wax, as frequently as your would like.

One thing you may consider, is that right now it doesn't sound as though you are using a product which has any polishing oils, which greatly help to provide show car like gloss. Most all of Meguiar's traditional liquid or paste waxes contain polishing oils, for added gloss, in addition to either carnauba or synthetic protection properties. Another way to add polishing oils for extra gloss is with the use of a dedicated polish, like our Ultimate Polish Pre-Waxing Glaze. Another option would be a Cleaner Wax, like our A12 Cleaner Wax, or new 3 in 1 Wax.

It all depends on your overall goals & expectations for the car. Ultimate Fast Finish can be used as your primary source of protection, and while is provides great gloss, it mainly focuses on protection. Many persons will use UFF in addition to their favorite more traditional liquid or paste.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post further questions.

Nick

NewToDetail
Aug 7th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the advice. I'm currently looking after a White VW Golf GTI - I was told the white is a "soft" color and needs more attention. I don't have access to water where I live hence why I started using the Waterless Wash & Wax.

For the polishing oils, which of these do you think suit the White better - https://www.meguiars.com.au/polish-protect/ultimate-polish/ or https://www.meguiars.com.au/polish-protect/ultimate-liquid-wax/? Are they the same product?

From what you said, I'll start using UFF as the protection layer and your suggested waxes for the showroom gloss - and skip the Quik Wax altogether. Seems like overkill to use all of them.

Again - appreciate the assist!

Cheers
Tony

Nick Winn
Aug 7th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Hi Tony,

The color white can really benefit from a product which has cleaning or mild abrasive ability. Not that you have to do it all the time, but for the initial preparation step, a product with cleaning ability will really brighten up the color, especially with a dual action polisher machine, it can be significant. IF working by hand to try to achieve this brightening, i would recommend a Cleaner Wax like our new 3 in 1 Wax. You can always top with Ultimate Wax for added protection. Ultimate Polish is a great product but I don't believe it is going to achieve what we are going for here in terms of brightness, it doesn't have enough cleaning ability. If you were to use a dual action polisher machine, I would recommend our M205 Ultra Finishing Polish or M210 Ultra Pro Finishing Polish.

Hope this helps. Hopefully others can chime in. I'm going to be out of office all day, but will response tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Nick

NewToDetail
Aug 11th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Hi Nick

This is where I admit I'm out of my depth and the numerous product lines etc have gotten the best of me. From what you've said, specifically for me, it seems best for me to start with the new 3 in 1 Cleaner Wax (which I can't seem to locate online in Australia) followed with Ultimate Wax? Where does UFF fit in or should i disregard it all together.

Still in the infancy of my learning curve so appreciate all the help i can get.

Thanks!

BillE
Aug 11th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Hi Nick

This is where I admit I'm out of my depth and the numerous product lines etc have gotten the best of me. From what you've said, specifically for me, it seems best for me to start with the new 3 in 1 Cleaner Wax (which I can't seem to locate online in Australia) followed with Ultimate Wax? Where does UFF fit in or should i disregard it all together.

Still in the infancy of my learning curve so appreciate all the help i can get.

Thanks!

I can't address the "3 in 1" but I do use UFF on top of Ult Liquid Wax. Mainly because it helps (big time) during the vicious winter months here. The c rap from all the snow, salt, and whatever doesn't stick too bad. That said, I have gone to using HWC on her car (very impressed with it so far) and we'll just have to see how it fairs (fares?) in few months (ugh).

Bill

NewToDetail
Aug 11th, 2019, 04:14 PM
I can't address the "3 in 1" but I do use UFF on top of Ult Liquid Wax. Mainly because it helps (big time) during the vicious winter months here. The c rap from all the snow, salt, and whatever doesn't stick too bad. That said, I have gone to using HWC on her car (very impressed with it so far) and we'll just have to see how it fairs (fares?) in few months (ugh).

Bill

Thanks Bill - Appreciate this.

arthuruscg
Aug 19th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Every few months I use ULW applied with the DA power tool (DA adapter for your drill). Then follow it up with UFF on top.
UQW is used as part of the drying process after every wash, except for when I'm going to put down ULW.

If you don't have a DA and already have a high speed drill the DA power system is awesome just for saving your arm when applying wax.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G55107-Action-Power-System/dp/B00A4ABF8W/ref=asc_df_B00A4ABF8W/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312096393812&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18264683728689118154&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007738&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-384415317263&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=62472781336&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312096393812&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18264683728689118154&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007738&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-384415317263

snozan
Aug 20th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Every few months I use ULW applied with the DA power tool (DA adapter for your drill). Then follow it up with UFF on top.
UQW is used as part of the drying process after every wash, except for when I'm going to put down ULW.

If you don't have a DA and already have a high speed drill the DA power system is awesome just for saving your arm when applying wax.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G55107-Action-Power-System/dp/B00A4ABF8W/ref=asc_df_B00A4ABF8W/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312096393812&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18264683728689118154&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007738&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-384415317263&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=62472781336&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312096393812&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18264683728689118154&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007738&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-384415317263

For me putting on wax is the most easy you can do with a paint. Takes 20 minutes. Absolutly no elbow grease is needed, just let the applicator slide on the surface