PDA

View Full Version : Flagship Premium Pure Wax (Non-Cleaner Formula) Safe to Apply over Sealant

navajochief
May 10th, 2017, 03:04 PM
The question is as the subject states. I currently plan to apply Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 to the gel coat of my fifth wheel and then apply Flagship over it. I believe Flagship is considered a sealant; however, the Flagship pure wax states on the label it has mild polishing agent. Will this in itself remove the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant? Or am I better suited using carnuba wax to apply over Wolfgang sealant once I allow it to cure?

Thank you

juliom2
May 10th, 2017, 05:14 PM
3.0 is a nice product, I do prefer wax on top, you can also try M26 as lsp.

Nick Winn
May 11th, 2017, 12:19 PM
I am not familiar with the Wolfgang 3.0, so it is tough to say if the mild cleaning ability of M63 Flagship Premium Marine Wax would completely remove it or not. I would suggest contacting Wolfgang & asking for their proper care advice, and see if they recommend using a wax over their 3.0 product. I rarely ever apply one product & top with a different. I will more so apply two coats of one product.

navajochief
May 12th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Nick,

So am I right in stating "Flagship" is a sealant vs a wax? I couldn't find anywhere that lists Flagship containing carnuba wax in the mixture. And if Flagship truly is a sealant, is there a curing time as the directions on the bottle do not state this.

Thank you.