PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Heavy Duty Bug & Tar Remover

Nick Winn
Oct 17th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Meguiar's Heavy Duty Bug & Tar Remover

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2580/G180515_BugTarRemover_Custom_100.png

Specialized surfactants re-hydrate and loosen stuck bugs, and softens tar making removal a breeze! Our secret is our long-lasting Xtreme Cling foam that allows for extended dwell time for the active formula to work it's magic on tough bugs & tar. Use before regular washing, or alone as needed!

Features:

Professional strength, clear coat safe technology
Tough on bugs, easy on paint & all exterior surfaces
Works without scrubbing, spray on/hose off
Xtreme Cling Foam chemistry uses the science of rheology to extend dwell time, re-hydrating stuck bugs...

Details:

Product Name: Meguiar's Heavy Duty Bug & Tar Remover
Part #: G180515
MSRP: $5.99
Size: 15 oz aerosol foam

Vettefan
Oct 31st, 2017, 10:57 AM
Hey Nick,
Looks like a great new product! I have found that other Bug and Tar remover products I have used totally remove the wax on the car in the area where it was used. Will the new product do the same and is re-waxing the area where used recommended?

Thanks,
Vettefan

davey g-force
Oct 31st, 2017, 11:48 AM
Spray on/hose off! Cool...

Nick Winn
Oct 31st, 2017, 12:35 PM
Hey Nick,
Looks like a great new product! I have found that other Bug and Tar remover products I have used totally remove the wax on the car in the area where it was used. Will the new product do the same and is re-waxing the area where used recommended?

Thanks,
Vettefan

Hi Vettefan,

Yes, this will knock down quite of bit of either a carnauba of synthetic based wax, so it is recommended to re-apply afterwards.

Spray on/hose off! Cool...

The spray on/hose off feature is quite impressive! Of course if needed agitation with a microfiber wash mitt or wiping with a microfiber towel can be used.

Vettefan
Oct 31st, 2017, 01:53 PM
A-ok... Thanks Nick for the clarification.

Vettefan

Hi Vettefan,

Yes, this will knock down quite of bit of either a carnauba of synthetic based wax, so it is recommended to re-apply afterwards.

The spray on/hose off feature is quite impressive! Of course if needed agitation with a microfiber wash mitt or wiping with a microfiber towel can be used.

Nick Winn
Nov 1st, 2017, 08:06 AM
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2588/medium/IMG_5104_Custom_.JPG

Michael Stoops
Nov 6th, 2017, 05:08 PM
We did several demos of this product for our International Team at SEMA and it's amazing how long the foam clings to the vehicle surface. We've timed it at almost 4 minutes before it starts to shift, which is pretty remarkable, really. It's not thick like shaving cream, but it does leave a pretty dense coating on the vehicle that really hangs on and gives the chemistry time to rehydrate the bugs. Pretty cool to watch it work.

adolfitovr6
Nov 9th, 2017, 11:56 AM
We did several demos of this product for our International Team at SEMA and it's amazing how long the foam clings to the vehicle surface. We've timed it at almost 4 minutes before it starts to shift, which is pretty remarkable, really. It's not thick like shaving cream, but it does leave a pretty dense coating on the vehicle that really hangs on and gives the chemistry time to rehydrate the bugs. Pretty cool to watch it work.

any video ?

AllenMaestas
Jan 12th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Since someone asked if this will strip wax; could it be used as a wax stripper? It's kinda funny, but there really isn't a whole lot of info on how to best strip wax off of paint.

Nick Winn
Jan 12th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Since someone asked if this will strip wax; could it be used as a wax stripper? It's kinda funny, but there really isn't a whole lot of info on how to best strip wax off of paint.

Hi AllenMaestas,

We do not have any products which require the user to remove existing wax protection on the paint surface prior to application. This may be the reason there is not much discussion around the topic.

Detailing Clay will remove wax, or any product for paint with abrasives, like a compound, or a cleaner/polish, will also remove most waxes/sealants.

Nick

AllenMaestas
Jan 12th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Hi AllenMaestas,

We do not have any products which require the user to remove existing wax protection on the paint surface prior to application. This may be the reason there is not much discussion around the topic.

Detailing Clay will remove wax, or any product for paint with abrasives, like a compound, or a cleaner/polish, will also remove most waxes/sealants.

Nick

Thanks Nick... There just seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there. Most say clay will remove most, but not all, and yes a compound cleaner wax/polish, but what about when you already have done paint correction. I was under the assumption that if you had a sealant down, you can put wax over it, but if you had wax first, you couldn't apply a sealant over that. So what I'd like to do is take the wax off so I can apply a sealant, but I don't need to clay or compound. Isn't there an easy way to take off wax? And many professional detailers will say that you should start with a clean slate even before claying and compounding, but no one ever really gives details on how they take the wax off.

AllenMaestas
Jan 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM
I think I found the solution! Meguiar's Wash PlusWash the car and strip the wax off all in one wack, should work right, because it's compounding (polishing) but not applying any wax.

davey g-force
Jan 14th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Washing the car with dish soap (instead of car wash shampoo) will strip most, if not all of your wax. Depends how durable your wax is really! What sort of wax did you use, which you are now seeking to remove?

Jtepn87
Feb 25th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Just placed an order for this today. Hopefully will get to try out soon!

Jtepn87
Jun 11th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Used this weekend. Stuff flat works! Best bug and tar remover I've ever used! Is there a professional equivalent, or a way to buy in larger quantities? Will be using this alot more.

Nick Winn
Jun 12th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Used this weekend. Stuff flat works! Best bug and tar remover I've ever used! Is there a professional equivalent, or a way to buy in larger quantities? Will be using this alot more.

Great to hear! I have sometimes lately been using it to remove stubborn insect/bird droppings. There is no pro equivalent at this time.