PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

Nick Winn
Oct 17th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2580/G180124_UltWheel_Custom_.png

Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner delivers our most powerful cleaning performance that is also safe for all wheel finishes! This advanced chemistry blends road grime attacking surfactants with active brake dust dissolving agents. The deep-cleaning gel formula turns brake dust purple and road grime brown as it gently loosens stubborn contaminants. And since it's acid free and pH balanced this wheel cleaner is safe and effective for ALL wheel finishes and painted brake components.

Features:

Quickly Dissolves Heavy Brake Dust
Tough on Road Grime and Dirt
pH Balanced, Safe for All Wheel Finishes

Details:

Product Name: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner
Part Number: G180124
MSRP: $9.99
Size: 24 oz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMkCMCohQQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqbnDckMGU

Vettefan
Oct 31st, 2017, 10:50 AM
Hi Nick,
How does the new UL All Wheel Cleaner compare in aggressiveness to the former Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (G9524)? Also, is the new UL Wheel Cleaner safe to use on bare aluminum (un-coated) aluminum rims and billet aluminum aluminum wheels?

Vettefan

davey g-force
Oct 31st, 2017, 11:51 AM
Great looking product!

Is this similar to the Dub Line wheel cleaner?

Nick Winn
Oct 31st, 2017, 12:32 PM
Hi Nick,
How does the new UL All Wheel Cleaner compare in aggressiveness to the former Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (G9524)? Also, is the new UL Wheel Cleaner safe to use on bare aluminum (un-coated) aluminum rims and billet aluminum aluminum wheels?

It is tough to compare the aggressiveness to our Hot Rims series of wheel cleaners since this utilizes completely different chemistry. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner provides very effective cleaning yet safe for all wheels. Yes we are approving for ALL wheels, including bare aluminum.

Vettefan

Great looking product!

Is this similar to the Dub Line wheel cleaner?

Thanks! Dub Wheel Cleaner does share some of the chemistry Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner utilizes but in general Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is a more premium formulation.

Vettefan
Oct 31st, 2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks again Nick.. Sounds like this new wheel cleaner may be similar to the Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner.... Am I on track here?
Vettefan

Nick Winn
Nov 1st, 2017, 07:56 AM
To further clarify, yes, Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner does share some of the same color changing/brake dust reacting chemistry as Dub Wheel Cleaner and our Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner. This color changing/brake dust reacting ingredient is one ingredient among many others in these three wheel cleaners being discussed. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner will provide the most powerful cleaning ability out of the three, and is our most premium wheel cleaner which features this chemistry.

We think users will be pleased with Ultimate All Wheel Cleaners ability to cling to the wheel surface, allowing for dwell time to go after brake dust & road grime.

greg0303
Nov 1st, 2017, 11:53 AM
Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is going on my to-get list then.

davey g-force
Nov 1st, 2017, 01:25 PM
To further clarify, yes, Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner does share some of the same color changing/brake dust reacting chemistry as Dub Wheel Cleaner and our Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner. This color changing/brake dust reacting ingredient is one ingredient among many others in these three wheel cleaners being discussed. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner will provide the most powerful cleaning ability out of the three, and is our most premium wheel cleaner which features this chemistry.

We think users will be pleased with Ultimate All Wheel Cleaners ability to cling to the wheel surface, allowing for dwell time to go after brake dust & road grime.

Thanks Nick :xyxthumbs

evo77
Nov 2nd, 2017, 08:31 AM

Nick,

I'm looking for a wheel cleaner that can not only clean brake dust but also road film as well without agitation. Basically a spray on, let dwell and power rinse for a squeaky clean wheel. My wheels are ceramic coated and get cleaned a few times a month. And while dirt can rinse off rather easily, the road film still bonds to the painted surface and requires some light hand agitation which I would like to avoid if possible.

Can the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner do this?

Nick Winn
Nov 6th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Nick,

I'm looking for a wheel cleaner that can not only clean brake dust but also road film as well without agitation. Basically a spray on, let dwell and power rinse for a squeaky clean wheel. My wheels are ceramic coated and get cleaned a few times a month. And while dirt can rinse off rather easily, the road film still bonds to the painted surface and requires some light hand agitation which I would like to avoid if possible.

Can the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner do this?

Our product development team is not marketing this as completely no agitation simply because there are many variables. Type of contaminant or road grime, amount of on wheels, etc. We have found that Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner in many cases performs excellent with no agitation, especially when using a jet stream to rinse off or pressure washer. We have found in some cases agitation is needed depending on the above mentioned variables. Here is the directions taken from the back label for reference:

DO NOT PRE-RINSE WHEELS. Use on cool wheels and brakes in the shade.
1. Spray a generous amount, covering the entire wheel.
2. Let the product dwell for 2 - 4 minutes. Do not let product dry on the surface.
3. Spray off with a powerful stream of water.
4. Dry wheels to prevent water spotting.

Note: Agitation may be required for heavily soiled or neglected wheels.

Hope this helps!

Nick

twisty roads
Nov 6th, 2017, 02:04 PM
how does it compare to D143? Of course different as there is the color changing effect found in fall out removal/iron remover, but in terms of the cleaning detergents.... more/less? I should have never purchased white wheels :wall:

Michael Stoops
Nov 6th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, just an FYI - many of you are familiar with this "react with iron and turn purple" technology from other wheel cleaners on the market, but there are a few things that set this product apart from those:

it's quite a bit less expensive than the competition
it's a gel like formula that clings really well to the wheel surface, allowing the product to dwell longer and work more effectively. Basically, when you spray it on it doesn't just all run down and turn the bottom of the wheel purple while leaving the top wondering how it's gonna get clean
we used a German wheel cleaner that isn't available in the US as a benchmark for this. We reached out to our international team and asked them "what's the best of the best in your country, and send us some". We beat it both performance and price wise
somehow our lab managed to get the horrible smell of this iron reacting chemical under control so it no longer smells like you're cleaning wheels with a raccoon that's been dead for two weeks and baking in the sun
whether you have bare polished aluminum, anodized, powdercoated or whatever wheels and/or brake components, this product is safe to use. Just don't spray it onto a hot surface or let it self dry on the surface and you should be perfectly fine.
while we recommend a short dwell time of maybe 20-30 seconds with other wheel cleaners, with this that dwell time can run into a couple of minutes or more. Just don't, as mentioned above, allow it to self dry on the wheels.

Nick,

Can the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner do this?As is typical with almost everything in this game, the answer is "it depends". It may well come close to what you're looking for, but you may need a bit of help with a quick once over using a dedicated wash mitt. Road film can be an inconsistant bugger, and heat cycling doesn't help the issue. But your coating and pressure washing will certainly help you out.

Thanks again Nick.. Sounds like this new wheel cleaner may be similar to the Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner.... Am I on track here?
VettefanSimilar, but punched up quite a bit.

how does it compare to D143? Of course different as there is the color changing effect found in fall out removal/iron remover, but in terms of the cleaning detergents.... more/less? I should have never purchased white wheels :wall:
D143 and Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner are high pH (alkaline) cleaners so their advantage over this product is their ability to clean road grime from tire sidewalls. You need high alkaline for that, so even Wheel Brightener and Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner aren't very good tire cleaners (both are low pH/acidic cleaners).

WhiteLX
Nov 17th, 2017, 03:34 PM
What stores will this be available in and when? I check every time I go out and I have yet to see it.

Can it be used on painted surfaces as an iron remover?

The Guz
Nov 17th, 2017, 03:57 PM
It is not out yet. Like most products that are announced at SEMA, they are usually available online around December and in store around January/February.

Michael Stoops
Nov 20th, 2017, 08:41 AM
What stores will this be available in and when? I check every time I go out and I have yet to see it.

Can it be used on painted surfaces as an iron remover?

It will be in Walmart, Advance Auto, AutoZone and Pep Boys to start, along with the major online players as well. Yes, you can use it on paint to decon the whole car if you like.

davey g-force
Nov 20th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Yes, you can use it on paint to decon the whole car if you like.

:woot1 :db: :dp:

BillE
Nov 21st, 2017, 05:08 AM
Agree with Davey-good news!

Bill

WhiteLX
Nov 21st, 2017, 08:09 AM
It will be in Walmart, Advance Auto, AutoZone and Pep Boys to start, along with the major online players as well. Yes, you can use it on paint to decon the whole car if you like.
That's great! Thanks. :bigups

bowlerr
Nov 28th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Nick/Mike,

I noticed that it specifically says to not pre-soak the wheels. When doing my normal car washing I do the wheels and tires towards the end. With this products is it going to still work as good if they are wet, or should I change up my routine and do the wheels and tires before washing the car? Really looking forward to getting this and just wanna make sure I get the best results out of it. Thanks.

-Rob

The Guz
Nov 28th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Nick/Mike,

I noticed that it specifically says to not pre-soak the wheels. When doing my normal car washing I do the wheels and tires towards the end. With this products is it going to still work as good if they are wet, or should I change up my routine and do the wheels and tires before washing the car? Really looking forward to getting this and just wanna make sure I get the best results out of it. Thanks.

-Rob

I would recommend changing up your routine and washing the wheels first. It will save you time and you don't have to worry about water splashing back on the paint after it is dry. Thus lowering your risk of marring. Check out Larry Kosilla's part 5 video on his Ammo NYC channel where he recently discussed this.

bowlerr
Nov 28th, 2017, 07:30 PM
I would recommend changing up your routine and washing the wheels first. It will save you time and you don't have to worry about water splashing back on the paint after it is dry. Thus lowering your risk of marring. Check out Larry Kosilla's part 5 video on his Ammo NYC channel where he recently discussed this.

Works for me. Thanks Guz.

pcfxer
Dec 5th, 2017, 04:54 AM
Fantastic, can I use this on my paint/glass for decon. purposes? I currently use CarPro Tr.Ix which is a combination of CP's TarX and IronX.

Nick Winn
Dec 5th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Fantastic, can I use this on my paint/glass for decon. purposes? I currently use CarPro Tr.Ix which is a combination of CP's TarX and IronX.

Hi pcfxer,

We do not recommend using our Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner or any of our other wheel cleaners for applications other than wheels. We know and understand other products use similar color changing/iron reacting chemistry for applications other than wheels, but Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is designed just for wheels. Keep in mind with any product which uses this color changing ingredient, that color changing ingredient could be one of many other ingredients in the formulation, and even though the color changing ingredient is widely known for it's effective yet safe cleaning ability, the other ingredients included in the formulation may be geared towards a more specific application like wheels, to help with all sorts of variables in performance, and those ingredients geared towards a more specific application may or may not work well or be safe for certain surfaces.

Hope this helps.

Nick

pcfxer
Dec 5th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Hi pcfxer,

We do not recommend using our Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner or any of our other wheel cleaners for applications other than wheels. We know and understand other products use similar color changing/iron reacting chemistry for applications other than wheels, but Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is designed just for wheels. Keep in mind with any product which uses this color changing ingredient, that color changing ingredient could be one of many other ingredients in the formulation, and even though the color changing ingredient is widely known for it's effective yet safe cleaning ability, the other ingredients included in the formulation may be geared towards a more specific application like wheels, to help with all sorts of variables in performance, and those ingredients geared towards a more specific application may or may not work well or be safe for certain surfaces.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes out for a decontamination product from Megoo's. CP Trix shaves off so much time claying, it's unbelievable.

Kornercarver
Jan 1st, 2018, 06:47 PM
Is the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner safe to use on uncoated polished aluminum wheels?

The Guz
Jan 1st, 2018, 07:07 PM
Is the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner safe to use on uncoated polished aluminum wheels?

I posted the tip of the month video from Meguiar's in this post. Mike covers this in that video.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?66336-Wheel-Cleaners&p=583968#post583968

bowlerr
Jan 5th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Got this in the mail today. First time trying to add pics so hopefully it works. It's way too cold and dark to try it right now but I will post pictures as soon as I get the opportunity.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2597/medium/1109.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2597/medium/289.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2597/medium/369.jpg

bowlerr
Jan 13th, 2018, 03:48 PM
So I just tried this for the first time. Followed the instructions and let it dwell for about four minute. No color change on my wheels. Now to be fair, I have done my best to keep my wheels in immaculate shape. Then I tried it on the wheels of my neighbor's truck, which I don't think has ever had the wheels cleaned. I did not notice any brown color change, but the purple color change was almost immediately noticeable and on the heavier deposits got VERY dark purple. Rinse off was easy. I will say that this is not a magic bullet to get everything. If I were really working on it, where the heavier deposits were I would have needed to use a brush to get everything off, just as the instructions say you may need to. But for lighter stuff it looked like it removed pretty much everything. One thing I am not sure about, and people may want to consider, is the reacted purple might stain concrete. Wont really know until it dries, but something to think about. All in all, seemed to work pretty good and I am happy with what it did.

Michael Stoops
Jan 19th, 2018, 08:36 AM
So I just tried this for the first time. Followed the instructions and let it dwell for about four minute. No color change on my wheels. Now to be fair, I have done my best to keep my wheels in immaculate shape. Then I tried it on the wheels of my neighbor's truck, which I don't think has ever had the wheels cleaned. I did not notice any brown color change, but the purple color change was almost immediately noticeable and on the heavier deposits got VERY dark purple. Rinse off was easy. I will say that this is not a magic bullet to get everything. If I were really working on it, where the heavier deposits were I would have needed to use a brush to get everything off, just as the instructions say you may need to. But for lighter stuff it looked like it removed pretty much everything. One thing I am not sure about, and people may want to consider, is the reacted purple might stain concrete. Wont really know until it dries, but something to think about. All in all, seemed to work pretty good and I am happy with what it did.

If you are keeping your wheels super clean, and if your brakes do not produce a lot of ferrous content in the brake dust, you won't see much, if any, purple color show up. The color change to purple is because of a specific ingredient reacting with ferrous (iron) deposits, so if that isn't present, you won't get much color change at all. Not sure what brown color change you were looking for on your neighbor's truck, but if you were thinking about it cleaning the tires like Hot Rims Wheel & Tire Cleaner does, think again!! That type of cleaning requires a high pH (alkaline) for maximum effectiveness. Even Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner, which is a very low pH (acidic) doesn't do much to clean tires. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is pH neutral so it's not going to be the best tire cleaner. But its effectiveness and safety on all types of surfaces really sets it apart.

bowlerr
Jan 19th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info Mike. In the original post announcing it, it said "The deep-cleaning gel formula turns brake dust purple and road grime brown as it gently loosens stubborn contaminants." It was that turning road grime brown part I was looking for. Not sure if this was talking about dirt or the nasty stuff you pick up during winter driving from salt and cinders and whatever the red stuff is they use around here in the mountains.

chrisalvarez
Jan 30th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Can this be used to chemically decontaminate paint? And if so is it effective on glass or if the vehicle is wet?

chrisalvarez
Jan 30th, 2018, 10:04 AM
And if not does meguiars offer anything to do so comparable to iron x etc.

Nick Winn
Jan 30th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Can this be used to chemically decontaminate paint? And if so is it effective on glass or if the vehicle is wet?

We cannot officially recommend this product to be used for applications other than wheels.

Can it be used? Potentially, but in our opinion it is not going to work well due to the products gel formula. It would take half a bottle just to cover a hood.

Nick

Nick Winn
Jan 30th, 2018, 10:47 AM
And if not does meguiars offer anything to do so comparable to iron x etc.

We do not offer any product at this time comparable to IronX.

chrisalvarez
Jan 30th, 2018, 11:24 AM
We cannot officially recommend this product to be used for applications other than wheels.

Can it be used? Potentially, but in our opinion it is not going to work well due to the products gel formula. It would take half a bottle just to cover a hood.

Nick
Lol ok thank you I was just wondering I have seen it used this way as other products as well i.e wheel brightener because of the hydrochloric acid. Like anything else there's lots of off label uses for any product. But thanks I was just wondering if it would be effective

WhiteLX
Feb 23rd, 2018, 08:15 AM
I've been wanting to try this, but I can't find it anywhere local. Walmart, Autozone, PepBoys, no one has it. Is it available in California?

Nick Winn
Feb 23rd, 2018, 12:29 PM
I've been wanting to try this, but I can't find it anywhere local. Walmart, Autozone, PepBoys, no one has it. Is it available in California?

Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, Pep Boys, and WalMart show to have picked it up for this year. So eventually they should have it. It may still be a little early. Auto Parts Stores typcially "reset" the Appearance/Car Care products in March right before Spring.

Of course, there is always your favorite on-line retailer.

Nick

Old Bear
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:08 PM

I picked a bottle up today (25 Feb 2018) at San Clemente,CA Walmart.
$9.97 with $3 mail in rebate.

WhiteLX
Feb 25th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Yeah, my local Walmart finally stocked the shelves with it yesterday. Picked up a bottle plus the new car fragrance bomb and natural shine protectant.

SLM
Mar 1st, 2018, 12:46 PM
Just got this in at my local Walmart yesterday. I bought it online and picked it up today. I found it on the shelf and it's still in the box, LOL! Can't wait to see if this will take some of the staining out of the clear coat on the aluminum wheels on my 2011 Honda Accord.

Nick Winn
Mar 7th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Just got this in at my local Walmart yesterday. I bought it online and picked it up today. I found it on the shelf and it's still in the box, LOL! Can't wait to see if this will take some of the staining out of the clear coat on the aluminum wheels on my 2011 Honda Accord.

Hi SLM,

We look forward to hearing your feedback about the product however, we do not think it will work to remove a stain from your wheels. We might suggest starting a new thread with pictures of your wheels to see if we can advise another process which may help or fix the issue.

Nick

Nick Winn
Mar 26th, 2018, 07:31 AM
NEW Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqbnDckMGU

davey g-force
Mar 26th, 2018, 07:04 PM
^^ :xyxthumbs :goodjob2

Nick Winn
Apr 9th, 2018, 09:00 AM
New Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner "Features & Benefits" Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMkCMCohQQY

SLM
Apr 9th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Cool video!

SLM
Jun 2nd, 2018, 09:29 PM
Hi SLM,

We look forward to hearing your feedback about the product however, we do not think it will work to remove a stain from your wheels. We might suggest starting a new thread with pictures of your wheels to see if we can advise another process which may help or fix the issue.

Nick

This is a great product Nick. It took the staining or whatever it is off the wheels on my car that I hadn't been able to get off with anything but rubbing with Black Wax. Even using dish soap and foaming household cleaner with a bottle brush wouldn't take it off but Ultimate Wheel Cleaner did! I'm very impressed!

Old Bear
Jun 3rd, 2018, 08:46 PM
SLM, If possible before and after images?

SLM
Jun 3rd, 2018, 10:31 PM
I'll try and get some. I only did the fronts and the rears arent as bad but I'll see if I can get some pics.

Nick Winn
Jun 4th, 2018, 07:50 AM
This is a great product Nick. It took the staining or whatever it is off the wheels on my car that I hadn't been able to get off with anything but rubbing with Black Wax. Even using dish soap and foaming household cleaner with a bottle brush wouldn't take it off but Ultimate Wheel Cleaner did! I'm very impressed!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

SLM
Jun 4th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Hum... Gonna have to figure out how to post pictures

talonted
Jun 8th, 2018, 08:47 AM
I definitely dig it, it's my new go-to. Here's a video I made of it handling business on a nasty C7 Z06 wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UpROnIYClA

Nick Winn
Jun 8th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Nice! thanks for sharing.

davey g-force
Jun 8th, 2018, 10:25 PM
I definitely dig it, it's my new go-to. Here's a video I made of it handling business on a nasty C7 Z06 wheel.

Very nice! :bigups

SLM
Jun 9th, 2018, 08:44 PM
http:// (http://<a href=&quot;http://s130.photobucket.com/user/ifly172/media/IMG_1742.jpg.html&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;>http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p247/ifly172/IMG_1742.jpg</a>)http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p247/ifly172/IMG_1742.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/ifly172/media/IMG_1742.jpg.html)

SLM
Jun 9th, 2018, 08:47 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p247/ifly172/IMG_1745.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/ifly172/media/IMG_1745.jpg.html)

SLM
Jun 9th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Before and after shots. Notice even the rust stains coming off the lug nuts is gone. The black spots are road tar and the only thing I've found to get those off is elbow grease. They have to be picked off then I can get rid of them. This was a rear wheel which was no where near as bad as the fronts and they look even better

The Guz
Jun 10th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Before and after shots. Notice even the rust stains coming off the lug nuts is gone. The black spots are road tar and the only thing I've found to get those off is elbow grease. They have to be picked off then I can get rid of them. This was a rear wheel which was no where near as bad as the fronts and they look even better

Get yourself some stoners tarminator or the Meguiar's bug & tar remover for that tar.

SLM
Jun 10th, 2018, 06:43 AM
Get yourself some stoners tarminator or the Meguiar's bug & tar remover for that tar.
Thanks for the information. I'll get some today!

Nick Winn
Jun 10th, 2018, 10:56 AM

Agreed, having a bug & tar remover around is a must!

SLM
Jun 11th, 2018, 10:50 AM
I stopped yesterday and picked up a can of the Stoners spray. The Meguiar's was sold out so I'll get that next time!

luc.who
Jan 20th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Bumping this thread for any results of using this on black wheels. Any videos or thoughts on the use on black wheels?

Murr1525
Jan 20th, 2019, 10:11 PM
Mine are clear coat dark gray, works great. Any standard painted wheel will work well.

Nick Winn
Jan 28th, 2019, 10:00 AM

Nice!

The Guz
Mar 15th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Nick/Mike S/Mike P is all wheel cleaner safe to use on OEM matte wheels?

Friend of mine owns a 2017 Dodge Charger with OEM matte wheels and is looking for a wheel cleaner that is safe to use. Similar to these

https://97a61c50c2689995e64b-0e62453ac3c53e6b6b9c3526ad8802da.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/2C3CDXGJ6HH617486/bde2f89f674d8b2acb9d251b27d45f7c.jpg

The Guz
Mar 17th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Nick/Mike S/Mike P is all wheel cleaner safe to use on OEM matte wheels?

Friend of mine owns a 2017 Dodge Charger with OEM matte wheels and is looking for a wheel cleaner that is safe to use. Similar to these

https://97a61c50c2689995e64b-0e62453ac3c53e6b6b9c3526ad8802da.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/2C3CDXGJ6HH617486/bde2f89f674d8b2acb9d251b27d45f7c.jpg

Mike S answered this question for me in the Meguiar's facebook group. The answer is yes it is safe on OEM matte wheels as is D1801 (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?67026-Meguiar-s-D1801-Professional-Wheel-amp-Paint-IRON-DECON).

Michael Stoops
Mar 18th, 2019, 08:08 AM
Mike S answered this question for me in the Meguiar's facebook group. The answer is yes it is safe on OEM matte wheels as is D1801 (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?67026-Meguiar-s-D1801-Professional-Wheel-amp-Paint-IRON-DECON).

Yep, totally safe on matte, satin, gloss, uncoated, Plasti-Dipped, etc

j2ee
Aug 22nd, 2019, 09:17 AM
Nice!

Hey Nick,

Is it safe to apply Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner on Benz wheel like this one:
https://carimages.com.au/HAnCgceHEsmvF16chFaJs62zFJU=/fit-in/800x540/filters:stretch(FFFFFF)/vehicles/used/2017/MERCEDES-BENZ/A200/2017-MERCEDES-BENZ-A200-used-2368-M2675-1.jpg

Nick Winn
Aug 22nd, 2019, 07:07 PM
Hey Nick,

Is it safe to apply Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner on Benz wheel like this one:

Yes, just follow directions, one wheel at a time, rinsing thoroughly, etc.

j2ee
Aug 23rd, 2019, 06:32 AM
Yes, just follow directions, one wheel at a time, rinsing thoroughly, etc.

That's cool, thx!

cleanThatV
Feb 26th, 2021, 07:33 AM
Which one is safer/least aggressive - Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner or Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner? Thanks.

Nick Winn
Feb 26th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Which one is safer/least aggressive - Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner or Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner? Thanks.

Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is a more effective cleaner, I would not call it more aggressive. They use very different chemistries. For example, if one were to take an extremely dirty wheel, the technology of Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner will clean much more effectively compared to Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner.