PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Pages : 1 [2]

Kbuzbee
Oct 10th, 2020, 06:13 AM
Nick, (or anyone ��) all the directions I see advise spraying HCW on a wet car and using microfiber towel to dry (base) or spraying HCW and power rinsing off (on going) Is there a downside to using HCW on a dry, clean car? Or is the whole point simply for convenience? I tend to wash at the local hand held car wash but “wax” at home in the garage so using HCW dry is more convenient for me.

thanks

Ken

Kbuzbee
Oct 11th, 2020, 02:21 AM
Well, I tried it... Washed the Jetta (white) as usual. It’s always WAY more dirty than I think it is... :( Brought it home and put a couple coats of HCW on, like I would a regular spray wax. Spray on, rub in, rub off with MF towels. No water or rinsing... Man that car is shiny! It’s 18 years old and I swear it’s never looked this good! I may try adding another coat at some point but hopefully this will make it through the winter. Great thread about a fantastic product. Thanks guys!

Mandroid
Nov 11th, 2020, 05:11 AM
Hi,
Please advise, if I can use HCW spray instead of waxing , after Compounding (ultimate Compound) + Polishing (ultimate Polish).

Murr1525
Nov 11th, 2020, 06:30 AM
Hi,
Please advise, if I can use HCW spray instead of waxing , after Compounding (ultimate Compound) + Polishing (ultimate Polish).

You certainly can.

It is probably best to have a base coat of wax, then use the HCW. But if not practical, then you can use the HCW regularly instead.

Also, dont need the Ult Compound every time unless there is stuff to fix up.

Mandroid
Nov 12th, 2020, 03:52 AM
Thanks for your Valuable advice :)

Mandroid
Nov 12th, 2020, 03:53 AM
You certainly can.

It is probably best to have a base coat of wax, then use the HCW. But if not practical, then you can use the HCW regularly instead.

Also, dont need the Ult Compound every time unless there is stuff to fix up.

Thanks for your Valuable advice :)

cmargosi
Mar 12th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Can you apply HCW on a car that has XPel or another paint protection film on it? If so, what would be the best process? Normal Carnuba Wax then HCW?

Nick Winn
Mar 15th, 2021, 08:39 AM
Can you apply HCW on a car that has XPel or another paint protection film on it? If so, what would be the best process? Normal Carnuba Wax then HCW?

Hi cmargosi,

Yes, you can apply Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax to paint protection film. The normal application method on the label is recommended. That said, we would also add that you ensure you apply to a cool surface in the shade, apply to small sections at a time, and do not use a large amount of product. If you leave the product on too long, allowing it to dry, apply it on a warm surface, do not rinse thoroughly, or apply to too large of a section, especially on paint protection film, you run the risk of stains. As long as you follow these recommendations you are good.

snahfu
Apr 4th, 2021, 02:30 AM
Will Meguiars release the Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax in gallon form?