PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Nick Winn
Oct 26th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?67024-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax&p=587803)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2663/G190532HybridCeramicWax_Hero_Custom_.png

Wax by Just Spraying on , Then Rinsing Off? YES! IT'S THAT EASY!

No rubbing. No curing. No buffing. No mess!

Conventional? No. Sensational? YES

Sophisticated, hybrid ceramic chemistry uses a thick, high-viscosity formula & the power of your rinse water to help coat your car's exterior surfaces. You can actually see the extreme water beads form as your rinse! Then, simply dry as normal & your surfaces now have enhanced, hybrid Si02 ceramic protection that beads.. & beads... & BEADS water like crazy!

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Product Number: G190526
MSRP: $14.99 US
Size: 26 oz trigger spray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOFlynVxco&t=3s

Murr1525
Oct 30th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Ooooh...

Is this for a base coat after surface prep, top coat, booster after washes?

Thanks...

Hemin8r
Oct 30th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Nice, this will make it easy to apply a protection to the paint as you rinse the car down. Do you have to do a section at a time to avoid any streaking?

juliom2
Oct 30th, 2018, 08:30 AM
Hey!!!! I want to try that!!!!!!!

BTLew81
Oct 30th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Can it be applied on a dry car?

Nick Winn
Oct 30th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Ooooh...

Is this for a base coat after surface prep, top coat, booster after washes?

Thanks...

Hi Murr, this can be used in place of a wax or in addition to your favorite wax.

Nice, this will make it easy to apply a protection to the paint as you rinse the car down. Do you have to do a section at a time to avoid any streaking?

This can be applied to the entire vehicle. Then rinse. Then dry.

Can it be applied on a dry car?

It's recommend to be used during the washing process, wash the car, & before drying, spray over all exterior surfaces. It does not require 100% coverage, since the water will spread the wax for you. Next, after spraying hybrid ceramic wax over the vehicle, rinse the vehicle thoroughly, then dry, and you've got some durable protection & high contact angle water beading.

You potentially could spray it on a dry clean car, but you may need a spray bottle of water to assist in the removal process. I personally have to tried it like this, yet, to give much feedback on how it works.

snozan
Oct 30th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Can it be used with a pressure washer? Or is it "hose only". All "do it yourself" places in Sweden have pressure washers

greg0303
Oct 30th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Great express wax. It will go on my shopping list for sure. Even easier to apply than UFF.

Nick Winn
Oct 31st, 2018, 09:26 AM
Can it be used with a pressure washer? Or is it "hose only". All "do it yourself" places in Sweden have pressure washers

You will notice on the bottle when this is available, we recommend using a STRONG stream of water. So to you answer your question, yes, it absolutely can be used with a pressure washer. In fact, the stronger the rinse the better. This will help spread the product better & more evenly.

snozan
Oct 31st, 2018, 11:55 AM
You will notice on the bottle when this is available, we recommend using a STRONG stream of water. So to you answer your question, yes, it absolutely can be used with a pressure washer. In fact, the stronger the rinse the better. This will help spread the product better & more evenly.

Brilliant! Thank you :-)

OhioCarBuff
Oct 31st, 2018, 03:26 PM
Very cool! How does this compare to the spray waxes like Ultimate Wax? Does it offer protection as well as the spray waxes, or is this mostly geared for extra water beading?

drumdan
Oct 31st, 2018, 06:47 PM
I do a lot of rinseless washing.

Would this work in that situation?

rapport25
Nov 1st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Wow!!

Some pretty impressive new products for 2018.

I'm loving this!!

Brian Hann
Nov 1st, 2018, 08:52 AM
Very cool! How does this compare to the spray waxes like Ultimate Wax? Does it offer protection as well as the spray waxes, or is this mostly geared for extra water beading?

This is not going to give you the shine of UQW but will last a whole lot longer and as discussed previously the formula and application are very different.

snozan
Nov 1st, 2018, 10:40 AM
This is not going to give you the shine of UQW but will last a whole lot longer and as discussed previously the formula and application are very different.

Where have this been discussed?

Murr1525
Nov 1st, 2018, 10:54 AM
I think we might need some instruction and videos on this one....

Nick Winn
Nov 1st, 2018, 11:17 AM

You could call this a spray wax, but it is not applied quite the same as a spray wax. Hybrid Ceramic Wax is used by, first washing the vehicle, and then prior to rinsing, HCW is applied over the exterior of the vehicle, and then, it is recommended to rinse with a strong stream of water, and then dry. The product is not designed to be sprayed onto a dry panel, and then dry wiped. And yes, protection, in addition to the water beading.

Hi drumdan, it is designed to be applied during the washing step, after washing, but prior to rinsing & drying. It potentially can be used during a rinse-less wash, we would think you would need to do a pass with plain water with a microfiber mitt or towel, to help spread the product, and then dry. But again, it was designed to be used during a traditional wash process. We do imagine users will experiment like yourself with other application methods.

Wow!!

Some pretty impressive new products for 2018.

I'm loving this!!

:woot2

Brian Hann
Nov 1st, 2018, 11:23 AM
Where have this been discussed?

Simply meant the ceramic formula is different than anything previously in our line and application/spreading with rinse water is a very different method of application. Both have been mentioned briefly and/or discussed already in this thread.

snozan
Nov 1st, 2018, 12:27 PM
Simply meant the ceramic formula is different than anything previously in our line and application/spreading with rinse water is a very different method of application. Both have been mentioned briefly and/or discussed already in this thread.

I see =) Same as "Sonax spray and seal". Am sure there will be loads of posts about it before it reaches Sweden

Nick Winn
Nov 1st, 2018, 02:19 PM
I see =) Same as "Sonax spray and seal". Am sure there will be loads of posts about it before it reaches Sweden

Yes, similar application. However, I don't believe the product you are referring to utilize any Si02 technology. Regarding international availability, we don't have an estimate at this time, but I can tell you that availability should be MUCH sooner than in recent years.

twisty roads
Nov 1st, 2018, 04:49 PM
So I am assuming similar to Gyeon Wet Coat or Carpro Hydro 2. What makes this product different from those? What is the estimated durability of the product

Nick Winn
Nov 2nd, 2018, 07:59 AM
So I am assuming similar to Gyeon Wet Coat or Carpro Hydro 2. What makes this product different from those? What is the estimated durability of the product

I am not familiar with the products you have mentioned so it's hard to comment on what makes this different.

Regarding durability, Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax has similar durability to our Ultimate Fast Finish, but remember, durability all depends on maintenance.

Vettefan
Nov 2nd, 2018, 08:40 AM
Ok how about this application, can the new HCW be applied to a wet car fresh out of the automatic car wash, then wiped off? Or does it need an application of water again before being wipe-off?

Vettefan

The Guz
Nov 2nd, 2018, 09:50 AM

Yes similar in the application aspect. I agree with Nick that durability is based on too many factors. You will more than likely be using it quite often given how easy it is to use.

Ok how about this application, can the new HCW be applied to a wet car fresh out of the automatic car wash, then wiped off? Or does it need an application of water again before being wipe-off?

Vettefan

These types of products are water activated so you will need some water on the surface.

Vettefan
Nov 3rd, 2018, 08:49 AM
Nick & Brian,
I understand the application as you have described it, but has Meg done any testing of what the effect (if any) would be of applying the new Ceramic Wax on a dry car that has already been ceramic coated? Benefits? No effect? etc.

Vettefan

drumdan
Nov 3rd, 2018, 07:12 PM
Thanks, Nick!

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2018, 08:19 AM

Vettefan

Nick & Brian,
I understand the application as you have described it, but has Meg done any testing of what the effect (if any) would be of applying the new Ceramic Wax on a dry car that has already been ceramic coated? Benefits? No effect? etc.

Vettefan

It likes to be rinsed with water, a strong stream at that.

miguelramoscastillo
Nov 6th, 2018, 07:39 AM

I use Hydro2 to boost my coated car hydrophobicity, the thing is that it’s only supposed to last UP TO 3 months, and I don’t remember where or when I read or heard that HCW it’s supposed to last up to a year.

Nick Winn
Nov 6th, 2018, 09:05 AM
I use Hydro2 to boost my coated car hydrophobicity, the thing is that it’s only supposed to last UP TO 3 months, and I don’t remember where or when I read or heard that HCW it’s supposed to last up to a year.

According to our R&D department, Hybrid Ceramic Wax can last up to a year. With that said, durability will be based on how the vehicle is stored & maintained. For example, a car that is not daily driven, stored indoors, wiped down with a detail spray everyday, was properly prepared, clayed, etc. is going to have much greater durability than a car that is driven daily, stored outdoors, washed monthly, was not properly prepared, etc.

snozan
Nov 6th, 2018, 09:58 AM
According to our R&D department, Hybrid Ceramic Wax can last up to a year. With that said, durability will be based on how the vehicle is stored & maintained. For example, a car that is not daily driven, stored indoors, wiped down with a detail spray everyday, was properly prepared, clayed, etc. is going to have much greater durability than a car that is driven daily, stored outdoors, washed monthly, was not properly prepared, etc.

The way i see it (with this product). Is that its so easy to use, requires only water. So if it last a month am more then happy, because thats what i normally wash my car winter time. I know, am lazy but the winter weather in Sweden....

So this product will absolutly awsome. I REALLY hope Meguiars sweden brings this in (they said:
"Note we will evaluate which ones we will release in Sweden". Its not what all others like or wants, its what they like. Meguiars Sweden are runned like a exclusive club for a few. There is no suprise Mothers are the biggest brand here

HCAD
Nov 7th, 2018, 05:49 AM
How about drying methods Nick. Would there be any disadvantage to drying with a jelly blade / squeegee type method? I'm wondering if the rubber blade dragging over the newly coated surface would have any effect.

Nick Winn
Nov 7th, 2018, 09:35 AM
How about drying methods Nick. Would there be any disadvantage to drying with a jelly blade / squeegee type method? I'm wondering if the rubber blade dragging over the newly coated surface would have any effect.

It is recommended to dry with a quality microfiber towel, like Meguiar's Water Magnet. This plays an important part in the application of this product & other drying methods, like a rubber blade, or even air drying, to my knowledge at this time, are not recommended.

exploreco
Nov 9th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Do you see a Detailers Line product version of this in the future? One that can be bought in larger quantities like I prefer to by my Mequiars products Scottwax3

Nick Winn
Nov 12th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Do you see a Detailers Line product version of this in the future? One that can be bought in larger quantities like I prefer to by my Mequiars products Scottwax3

I am not involved in those discussions so tough to say yes or no :dunno

Nick Winn
Nov 15th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Was using Hybrid Ceramic Wax yesterday on my black 06 LS430. A couple notes for when some of you do start to get your hands on this product, it is very easy to be tempted to spray a lot of product, ensuring even coverage across every inch of paint. This is not needed, but again, it's very easy to feel like it is needed. The product is spread across the paint with the rinsing of the water, so applying a heavy application is not necessary. I will have a detailed thread soon on application.

This product makes drying of the vehicle exceptionally easy, and I was not even using D.I. water.

Nick Winn
Nov 16th, 2018, 07:42 AM
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2663/MOL_2019ProductImages-6_Custom_1.jpg

wht4drfa5
Nov 17th, 2018, 08:00 AM
When will this be available for purchase? And what kind of businesses will carry it?

atikovi
Nov 23rd, 2018, 02:21 PM
According to our R&D department, Hybrid Ceramic Wax can last up to a year.

Now I'm confused. Utimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Wax are are supposed to last that long. So can this product be used in place of those? And you only use it once a year even if you wash every week/month? And I already use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. What does this add to that? How about making a product like UW&W with the Hybrid Ceramic Wax so no need for a separate step of spraying it on after washing and rinsing a second time? Or could I just mix the two together?

snozan
Nov 24th, 2018, 01:43 AM
Am so excited for this product!

Nick Winn
Nov 26th, 2018, 07:36 AM
When will this be available for purchase? And what kind of businesses will carry it?

In the US you will start to see it available online mid December or earlier. Retail stores will be more towards March or later.

Now I'm confused. Utimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Wax are are supposed to last that long. So can this product be used in place of those? And you only use it once a year even if you wash every week/month? And I already use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. What does this add to that? How about making a product like UW&W with the Hybrid Ceramic Wax so no need for a separate step of spraying it on after washing and rinsing a second time? Or could I just mix the two together?

Hopefully the following can help you out! The main rationale for this product is to give a user the ability to get long lasting protection on their car extremely quick & easy. Ultimate Fast Finish shares the same rationale, but is a different application method & different base chemistry. Also, we have never claimed Ultimate Liquid or Paste Wax to have the potential to last a year.

Hybrid Ceramic Wax can be used as your main source of protection or in other words, in place of a wax/sealant. It can also be used in addition to your favorite wax/sealant.

To answer your question regarding why not make a car wash soap with this, I am not involved in all the details regarding why we choose a particular format or not, so tough to answer. I am happy to pass along your feedback though. Also, definitely would not just "mix the two together", your likely not going to get anywhere near the benefits since it is not designed to be used that way. In other words, it not that simple.

Nick

atikovi
Nov 26th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Also, we have never claimed Ultimate Liquid or Paste Wax to have the potential to last a year.

Meant Ultimate Fast Finish.

To answer your question regarding why not make a car wash soap with this, I am not involved in all the details regarding why we choose a particular format or not, so tough to answer. I am happy to pass along your feedback though.

The Ultimate Wash has some wax in it already so if your chemists can kick it up a notch by using the ceramic type with the properties mentioned previously, THAT would be the ultimate. If you need my address for sending the royalty checks for coming up with the idea, let me know.

lopezi
Nov 26th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Since the application of this is 'wet on wet' can you still use something like D156 Xpress Spray Wax as a drying aid? Will it interfere with either product?

rlmccarty2000
Dec 1st, 2018, 09:59 PM
I have found with many of these water activated SiO2 products you can spray it onto your wet wash mit and apply more evenly, then rinse. I normally do one panel at a time to minimize streaking.

Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax is supposed to be able to be applied over wax. If you try this with other brands they will streak and not bond well.

Is there really wax in this product or is that word just used for marketing? Like NXT Wax.

exploreco
Dec 2nd, 2018, 12:48 PM
Any idea what the temperature range is. More interested in the low side. If temps get up to 40 in the winter I will get out and hand wash when I can (regardless of the looks I get by passer by lol). Could this be applied in those temps?

MAXXXXD
Dec 3rd, 2018, 08:10 AM
Great new products for the 2019 line! I can't wait to give this a try! #kickingsomebuttin2019

Nick Winn
Dec 3rd, 2018, 09:23 AM
Since the application of this is 'wet on wet' can you still use something like D156 Xpress Spray Wax as a drying aid? Will it interfere with either product?

To get the maximum effect of the Hybrid Ceramic Wax, I would not recommend using a drying aid in addition to an application of this product, at least, in the same wash. For example, if you apply Hybrid Ceramic Wax, rinse, & then dry the car w/ the assistance of a different drying aid, you will see the water beading from your drying aid at first, and not from HCW. And don't worry, after using HCW, the car should be super easy to dry. I would also recommend checking out the below article if you have not seen it yet:

How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax! (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?67080-How-to-use-Meguiar-s-NEW-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax!)

I have found with many of these water activated SiO2 products you can spray it onto your wet wash mit and apply more evenly, then rinse. I normally do one panel at a time to minimize streaking.

Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax is supposed to be able to be applied over wax. If you try this with other brands they will streak and not bond well.

Is there really wax in this product or is that word just used for marketing? Like NXT Wax.

Our's tends to like to have a base coat of wax/sealant to bond to. There is no actual natural carnauba wax in our Hybrid Ceramic Wax, it's a polymer/si02 blend.

Any idea what the temperature range is. More interested in the low side. If temps get up to 40 in the winter I will get out and hand wash when I can (regardless of the looks I get by passer by lol). Could this be applied in those temps?

55 degrees Fahrenheit is our minimum recommendation for application of our products, but if anything, low temps are not going to hurt anything.

Len_A
Dec 19th, 2018, 07:53 AM
To get the maximum effect of the Hybrid Ceramic Wax, I would not recommend using a drying aid in addition to an application of this product, at least, in the same wash. For example, if you apply Hybrid Ceramic Wax, rinse, & then dry the car w/ the assistance of a different drying aid, you will see the water beading from your drying aid at first, and not from HCW. And don't worry, after using HCW, the car should be super easy to dry. I would also recommend checking out the below article if you have not seen it yet:

How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax! (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?67080-How-to-use-Meguiar-s-NEW-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax!)

Our's tends to like to have a base coat of wax/sealant to bond to. There is no actual natural carnauba wax in our Hybrid Ceramic Wax, it's a polymer/si02 blend.

55 degrees Fahrenheit is our minimum recommendation for application of our products, but if anything, low temps are not going to hurt anything.

So how will this work on a car already sealed with M21, or M21 topped with Ultimate Liquid Wax?

Michael Stoops
Dec 19th, 2018, 08:40 AM
So how will this work on a car already sealed with M21, or M21 topped with Ultimate Liquid Wax?
Extremely well, actually. In fact, initial application will be easier on a well maintained car than on a horribly neglected car where the water lays on the paint in one great big sheet.

The Guz
Dec 21st, 2018, 09:22 PM
A couple of videos on application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKUhBZ7q7Io&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxNmf6-OYs&t=0s

Don
Dec 23rd, 2018, 03:40 AM
I just watched both of these videos yesterday. Now I REALLY, REALLY want to try it

A couple of videos on application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKUhBZ7q7Io&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxNmf6-OYs&t=0s

Patman
Dec 26th, 2018, 09:48 AM
I'm very excited to try this product! Will it be sold at Walmart? I've been using UFF since it came out and have had great results with it, I love the fact that it acts similar to a ceramic coating (very hydrophobic) and I find the protection to be very strong (I get a lot of bird bombs on my finish at work and it used to leave etchings in the paint in the past, but with UFF I don't have any paint etching!) UFF is very easy to use and I love the idea that this product is even easier to use!

snozan
Dec 26th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I'd say after watching some videos. UFF is as easy. The benefit over UFF is that it can be (or should be) used when the car is wet. The harder stream you use to wash it off the more you will gain.

So: UFF on a dry car, HCW on wet car. Also UFF up to a year, HCW 2-4 month (depending on condition of the car)

Patman
Dec 26th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Also UFF up to a year, HCW 2-4 month (depending on condition of the car)

Not according to Nick Winn, in this very thread he says this:

Regarding durability, Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax has similar durability to our Ultimate Fast Finish, but remember, durability all depends on maintenance.

snozan
Dec 26th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Aha, i took from what i learned looking on youtube clips. It really dosent matter if it only lasts 2-4 months for me, because am sure gonna wash my car more then that. And say use the HCW once a month. Mostely winter time.

My once a year process consists of: washing, clay, UC, UP and two coats of ULW and finally UFF. Maintenance during summertime is with UQD and sometimes UQW. So i really have no clue how i should fit this HCW in the process aswell, more then being a winter thing when its harder to get the car totally dry, and when that dosent matter :)

Cranston37
Dec 27th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Like the poster above, I’m having a hard time picturing where this fits into my maintenance schedule - my twice a year with UP, UW, UFF, or my routine cleaning with UQD, UQW?

BillE
Dec 28th, 2018, 05:08 AM
I'm like Cranston (pretty much the same process too)...where DOES this fit? I can see the benefit 'cause it can get into the all those little nicks and crevices. Kinda seems redundant (to me), so what am I missing?

Bill

Mark H
Dec 28th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Which has bettter shine? Hybrid ceramic or Ultimate Fast FInish?

The Guz
Dec 29th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Aha, i took from what i learned looking on youtube clips. It really dosent matter if it only lasts 2-4 months for me, because am sure gonna wash my car more then that. And say use the HCW once a month. Mostely winter time.

My once a year process consists of: washing, clay, UC, UP and two coats of ULW and finally UFF. Maintenance during summertime is with UQD and sometimes UQW. So i really have no clue how i should fit this HCW in the process aswell, more then being a winter thing when its harder to get the car totally dry, and when that dosent matter :)

You can use it as a stand alone form of protection. Polish, wash and follow up with ceramic wax. Maintain with ceramic wax every few washes.

Like the poster above, I’m having a hard time picturing where this fits into my maintenance schedule - my twice a year with UP, UW, UFF, or my routine cleaning with UQD, UQW?

See my previous comment.

I'm like Cranston (pretty much the same process too)...where DOES this fit? I can see the benefit 'cause it can get into the all those little nicks and crevices. Kinda seems redundant (to me), so what am I missing?

Bill

Just a different form of protection. SiO2 aka (ceramic, quartz, glass, etc.) products add an increase in gloss and in general are more durable.

Which has bettter shine? Hybrid ceramic or Ultimate Fast FInish?

Ceramic wax will more than likely have more shine. See my previous comment.

snozan
Dec 29th, 2018, 01:13 AM
You can use it as a stand alone form of protection. Polish, wash and follow up with ceramic wax. Maintain with ceramic wax every few washes.

So i can cut alot of corners. Wash, clay, polish then HCW and am done getting the same result and benefits as if i would have done the "old": wash, clay, UP, OC 2 coats of ULW followed up with UFF?

I can do the UFF aswell as stand alone, so which would be best? And what route should i take?

The long road or the shorter one.

BillE
Dec 29th, 2018, 04:49 AM
Thanx Mike (Guz) for the added info.

I'm gonna give it shot (actually was gonna anyway-just 'because') when it becomes available locally. If nothing else, I'm sure it will help save wheels during the winter (expletive delete) we go thru.

Happy New Year!

Bill

The Guz
Dec 29th, 2018, 12:46 PM
So i can cut alot of corners. Wash, clay, polish then HCW and am done getting the same result and benefits as if i would have done the "old": wash, clay, UP, OC 2 coats of ULW followed up with UFF?

I can do the UFF aswell as stand alone, so which would be best? And what route should i take?

The long road or the shorter one.

The easiest answer is there is no best. It is all relative to each ones environment. The environment is going to play a large factor on durability. The benefit to ceramic wax is that it can be applied during the wash process at any given time.

I can not tell you which route to take other than to give it a try and see how it compares to your usual method.

Thanx Mike (Guz) for the added info.

I'm gonna give it shot (actually was gonna anyway-just 'because') when it becomes available locally. If nothing else, I'm sure it will help save wheels during the winter (expletive delete) we go thru.

Happy New Year!

Bill

Let us know how it works out when you get your hands on it.

Happy New Year to you as well.

rlmccarty2000
Dec 30th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Are users finding out that pressure washing activates HCW better than a strong hose stream? The videos popping up on YouTube are strange as some are showing very little beading at all while others are reporting great beading. Can anyone that has used HCW let us know the best way to apply to get the most protection/beading? I was hoping for a straight spray on rinse off product but everywhere I’m seeing that a base needs to be laid down to get the most out of HCW. With a product like this I want it to save me time not increase it.

snozan
Dec 31st, 2018, 12:23 AM
Found this in a comment section:

Markus Kleis, Meguiar's Professional Product Manager here, thought I would comment and add a little clarity for the folks who love to know the intricate details about products. First, thanks to Brian from @apex detail for taking the time to put this video together - very cool! Since this product is VERY new (only been available for a few weeks), and is very unique compared to not only the rest of our lineup or products, but also unique compared to other "similarly applied" products, I thought it would be good to add a few tidbits of background info. For one, although we call the product "Hybrid Ceramic Wax," this product is actually a sealant infused with an extremely high level of sio2-based material. We call it a "hybrid wax" because in the consumer market "wax" resonates with more people, but we used "hybrid" to clarify that it is a blend and not to be compared with a traditionally applied ceramic coating. Speaking of the application method, I would like to add that if you look closely at the rear label it actually calls for a "wax as you dry" application method for the first use to establish a solid base coat, and then the "spray on, rinse off" method can be used for subsequent coats. This product layers exceptionally well, both with itself and above or below other forms or protection, including traditional waxes and sealants (it also acts as a phenomenal topper for ceramic coated surfaces!). Because of the nano-particles, this product greatly prefers either a properly prepped level surface for maximum performance. As for the reason for the rinsing application method, this is actually designed to spray a very thin and even layer of product across the surface. You will find that this product is intentionally designed to spread incredibly easily and efficiently with a strong stream of water. The reason for the suggested "strong stream" is that it does a better job of spreading out a thinner, more even layer of product (but if you use a garden hose you can still make up for the lack of pressure during the drying process as this will also help to spread an even layer of product). Lastly, in terms of durability, I am not sure what methods were used to determine a 2-4 month timeline (maybe using "similar" competitive products?), but in my own testing we have found this product to last a very solid 6+ months on a neglected car that is rarely washed or touched with anything. As always, mileage will vary based on how you apply it, what you apply it on, how you maintain it, etc, but expect 2-6 months very consistently when properly applied. That said, I personally use this as my drying aide every time I wash anything because it is incredibly slick, goes on all surfaces (trim, paint, plastics, rubber, and even glass) and just plain easy to use. Any other questions? Let me know... I will do my best to check back in and answer them. Thanks again for the cool video!

RC0310
Jan 6th, 2019, 07:47 AM
is this available in Canada yet? if so, where can I buy it from? thank you

Len_A
Jan 6th, 2019, 08:14 AM

Amazon, but it's pricey. https://www.amazon.ca/Meguiars-G190526-Hybrid-Ceramic-Protection-G190526/dp/B06WVQ6MVR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546791232&sr=8-1&keywords=meguiars+hybrid+ceramic+wax

OHChappie
Jan 6th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Since I've seen videos where people will use a spray wax with clay towels, and this needs to be applied to a wet surface with an initial wipe down, could you clay with this and then spray it off in sections?

Nick Winn
Jan 7th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Since I've seen videos where people will use a spray wax with clay towels, and this needs to be applied to a wet surface with an initial wipe down, could you clay with this and then spray it off in sections?

The only products we offer which we recommend using for a clay bar lubricant are the following:

Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe
Last Touch Spray Detailer diluted at 1:1 w/ water
M34 Final Inspection

imacarnut
Jan 7th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Had a few questions on the HCW.
1. Does it provide UVA/UVB protection?
2. Does it build up if used weekly (worst case scenario)?
3. Do the microfiber towels need to be washed immediately and will they harden up (need to be discarded) if you aren't able to do so right away?

BillE
Jan 8th, 2019, 05:27 AM

YIPS! At that price it may behoove you to maybe make a run to Bellingham when it become more available.

Bill

Brian Hann
Jan 8th, 2019, 09:24 AM

Unfortunately we have confirmed that it will likely not be available in Canada until 2020.

Patman
Jan 9th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately we have confirmed that it will likely not be available in Canada until 2020.

That's a bummer! Although I travel across the border to Niagara Falls, NY about once a month, so hopefully I'll find it at Walmart or Pep Boys or Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts.

Nick Winn
Jan 9th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Had a few questions on the HCW.
1. Does it provide UVA/UVB protection?
2. Does it build up if used weekly (worst case scenario)?
3. Do the microfiber towels need to be washed immediately and will they harden up (need to be discarded) if you aren't able to do so right away?

Hi imacarnut,

1. We do not claim UVA/UVB protection specifically. It does protect against the sun & provides a sacrificial barrier against elements of the environment, like our other waxes/sealants, but again we do not claim UVA/UVB specifically.

2. Yes it can build up. This is a good thing.

3. We have not been advised or noticed any special care required for towels used with Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Hope this helps.

Nick

bberdy
Jan 13th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Hi imacarnut,

1. We do not claim UVA/UVB protection specifically. It does protect against the sun & provides a sacraficially barrier against elements of the environment, like our other waxes/sealants, but again we do not claim UVA/UVB specifically.

3. We have not been advised or noticed any special car required with Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Is HCW safe to use on soft convertible tops? Just got some from Autozone and hoping to apply this weekend if the weather is OK.

Nick Winn
Jan 14th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Is HCW safe to use on soft convertible tops? Just got some from Autozone and hoping to apply this weekend if the weather is OK.

There would be no harm in using it on a soft convertible top, but were not sure if it will work very well unless it's wiped in. We did not design or test Hybrid Ceramic Wax for use on this surface so it's tough to give a confident answer.

f33ch
Jan 26th, 2019, 06:31 AM
I received HCW several weeks ago and applied it to my well treated/prepped Max and Accord, as instructed for 1st layer. For SnG's, I then applied it as directed to my less-attended '02 Odyssey, not garaged or prepped. I washed van, then applied HCW while wet, wiped dry. Quite surprised with results and protection it laid down. Several days later, the shine and feel of surface was not what I expected. I was very pleasantly surprised. I will be interested to see how well it protects and lasts on this vehicle. Low expectations, but high hopes! Love it on the other cars.

snozan
Jan 27th, 2019, 01:49 AM
How about the drying towel. Will HCW wash off in a washing machine? Or do i need a new drying towel each time? Reason i ask is because with this ceramic thingy on the towel it wont absorb water that good after a while-

I dont have a "meguiars water magnet" but a smiliar, (same thing, different brand). it isn't cheap - so before i buy this i would like too know if it washes off and are ready to use after a wash in the washing machine

se9303
Jan 27th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Greetings to all,

Where is the link to claim the $5.00 rebate on the Meguiars Ceramic Wax? The label say to connect to: www.meguiars us/CeramicWax5 but that link does not exist

Nick Winn
Jan 28th, 2019, 09:03 AM
I received HCW several weeks ago and applied it to my well treated/prepped Max and Accord, as instructed for 1st layer. For SnG's, I then applied it as directed to my less-attended '02 Odyssey, not garaged or prepped. I washed van, then applied HCW while wet, wiped dry. Quite surprised with results and protection it laid down. Several days later, the shine and feel of surface was not what I expected. I was very pleasantly surprised. I will be interested to see how well it protects and lasts on this vehicle. Low expectations, but high hopes! Love it on the other cars.

Thanks for sharing & welcome to Meguiar's Online!

How about the drying towel. Will HCW wash off in a washing machine? Or do i need a new drying towel each time? Reason i ask is because with this ceramic thingy on the towel it wont absorb water that good after a while-

I dont have a "meguiars water magnet" but a smiliar, (same thing, different brand). it isn't cheap - so before i buy this i would like too know if it washes off and are ready to use after a wash in the washing machine

Hi Snozan,

So our Hybrid Ceramic Wax doesn't have the same properties as a "Ceramic Coating" which make it where the towel will not completely come clean. In other words, you do not have to worry about your towels not coming clean.

Greetings to all,

Where is the link to claim the $5.00 rebate on the Meguiars Ceramic Wax? The label say to connect to: www.meguiars (http://www.meguiars) us/CeramicWax5 but that link does not exist

Looks like Brian Hann, our Solutions Hub Manager, was just discussing this in another thread, here is the link:

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?68722-Meguiars-Ceramic-Wax-5-00-rebate-link (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?68722-Meguiars-Ceramic-Wax-5-00-rebate-link)

Nick Winn
Feb 5th, 2019, 01:14 PM
New Hybrid Ceramic Wax How to Video is up, check it out in the below thread:

How to: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - New Video Feb 2019 (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?68740-How-to-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax-New-Video-Feb-2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOFlynVxco

16Wrex
Feb 7th, 2019, 06:38 AM
I was very excited to try MHCW and ordered a bottle last week when Amazon got them back in stock. While I am impressed with the ultimate results in terms of gloss and water sheeting, I had an absolute nightmare of an experience with the application. I washed my car as usual, two bucket, top to bottom, under a carport. I then moved the car out into the shade and rinsed it before liberally applying the product as per the directions and beginning my dry. There was an unbelievable amount of streaking on the entire car. Vertical and horizontal panels had streaky haze and I had to spend a literal hour buffing my paint to get every last bit of it off. Overspray on glass took a similar amount of effort and i had to go over most windows several times. My matte black door trim appears to be permanently stained, as I have yet to find something mild that will successfully remove the spotty discoloration.

So I guess this is two things. First, a complaint about what I feel to be a misleading campaign regarding the ease of use of this product and two, a question to find out what a) I might have done wrong or b) how to fix it now that it is wrong.

Much appreciated.

Edit: It should be noted that I watched multiple How-To videos, both from Meguiars (including videos posted in this thread) and online detailers/testers.

Nick Winn
Feb 7th, 2019, 08:12 AM
I was very excited to try MHCW and ordered a bottle last week when Amazon got them back in stock. While I am impressed with the ultimate results in terms of gloss and water sheeting, I had an absolute nightmare of an experience with the application. I washed my car as usual, two bucket, top to bottom, under a carport. I then moved the car out into the shade and rinsed it before liberally applying the product as per the directions and beginning my dry. There was an unbelievable amount of streaking on the entire car. Vertical and horizontal panels had streaky haze and I had to spend a literal hour buffing my paint to get every last bit of it off. Overspray on glass took a similar amount of effort and i had to go over most windows several times. My matte black door trim appears to be permanently stained, as I have yet to find something mild that will successfully remove the spotty discoloration.

So I guess this is two things. First, a complaint about what I feel to be a misleading campaign regarding the ease of use of this product and two, a question to find out what a) I might have done wrong or b) how to fix it now that it is wrong.

Much appreciated.

Edit: It should be noted that I watched multiple How-To videos, both from Meguiars (including videos posted in this thread) and online detailers/testers.

Sorry to hear about your trouble and also welcome to Meguiar's Online Discussion Forum.

The one statement which stands out in your explanation is applying the product liberally. We do not state this in any of our how to articles, videos, or on the product label.

Thinking through this more, if you were applying the product in a foundation layer style, sprayed the product liberally to say a small section, and then dried the panel, I do not imagine you would have had this experience. But spraying the product liberally, and from what it sounds like, very liberally, to the entire car, and then coming back with a towel to dry the vehicle, this I can imagine you having an issue, which you did. And regardless we are sorry you dealt with that.

How were you attempting to remove the product streaks?

What did you attempt to use on the matte black door trim?

16Wrex
Feb 7th, 2019, 08:22 AM
It's entirely possible that I applied too much, I guess I assumed that a base/starter coat would require a higher amount of product coverage. To remove the haze/streaking, I just used elbow grease and clean microfiber towels, as I would have when removing the haze from a more traditional wax. For the door trim, I have tried diluted APC (haven't moved to full strength yet because I'm concerned that would just leave more clouding), quick detailer, glass cleaner, all with reasonable amounts of elbow grease. Thoughts on what might work best?

Knowing now that I probably used too much, my thought is to go back with a stripping car wash and start from scratch. The vehicle is still almost completely clean, so this shouldn't be a huge undertaking. I can then apply an appropriate amount of MHCW. In this attempt, what sort of coverage would be proper and give the best results? Light complete misting of the body panels? Or even less, since the drying action is going to spread the product around?

I appreciate your guidance and prompt response, Nick. Thank you very much.

Nick Winn
Feb 7th, 2019, 08:39 AM
It's entirely possible that I applied too much, I guess I assumed that a base/starter coat would require a higher amount of product coverage. To remove the haze/streaking, I just used elbow grease and clean microfiber towels, as I would have when removing the haze from a more traditional wax. For the door trim, I have tried diluted APC (haven't moved to full strength yet because I'm concerned that would just leave more clouding), quick detailer, glass cleaner, all with reasonable amounts of elbow grease. Thoughts on what might work best?

Knowing now that I probably used too much, my thought is to go back with a stripping car wash and start from scratch. The vehicle is still almost completely clean, so this shouldn't be a huge undertaking. I can then apply an appropriate amount of MHCW. In this attempt, what sort of coverage would be proper and give the best results? Light complete misting of the body panels? Or even less, since the drying action is going to spread the product around?

I appreciate your guidance and prompt response, Nick. Thank you very much.

If you do have to remove a streak in the future, a damp towel or light mist of plain water onto the affected area, makes removal easy.

Regarding the door trim, you may have to use a stronger version of APC. If you are referring to rubber window trim, or a non painted, not shiny, black plastic, a soft bristled brush can also help get into the pores & agitate out a residue. Conditioning with a vinyl/rubber/plastic conditioner would be a good idea afterwards.

We have a new video which you my have not seen yet, which shows in detail how we recommend applying Hybrid Ceramic Wax & it also shows in detail how much product we apply. You can reference it in the below thread. One recommendation I have for you, to lessen the chance of you having an issue again, when you perform the foundation layer application, I would suggest spraying the product on one panel at a time. This is typically not needed, but this will pretty much eliminate the chance of you having an issue. Here is the new video thread:

How to: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - New Video Feb 2019 (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?68740-How-to-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax-New-Video-Feb-2019)

Hope this information helps & feel free to keep in touch.

16Wrex
Feb 7th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Nick,

Thanks for the recommendations. I was just rather frustrated and should have considered that you all wouldn't put a product to market that has these issues, so I appreciate you being very graceful. I look forward to using this product again and other Meguiar's products in the future.

Thanks very much,
Ben

ingraha3
Feb 11th, 2019, 06:14 AM
Hello,
I put a 'foundation' layer of HCW on my A5 Sportback this weekend. The process overall went pretty smooth. It did take some elbow grease to get the final dry clean. I'm sure it was totally unnecessary, but 24 hours later I then added an application of Maguiar's NXT Tech wax. That certainly did add some additional luster that wasn't there with just the HCW. An inch of rain predicted today . . . let the hydrophobia begin!
Regards,
Chris

Nick Winn
Feb 12th, 2019, 08:15 AM
Hello,
I put a 'foundation' layer of HCW on my A5 Sportback this weekend. The process overall went pretty smooth. It did take some elbow grease to get the final dry clean. I'm sure it was totally unnecessary, but 24 hours later I then added an application of Maguiar's NXT Tech wax. That certainly did add some additional luster that wasn't there with just the HCW. An inch of rain predicted today . . . let the hydrophobia begin!
Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for joining and telling us you experience. When applying the foundation layer, did you spray Hybrid Ceramic Wax (HCW) on the entire car & then dry? And then this is when you had trouble? Would be happy to further investigate with you because it should be easy to use. Would you say you applied a lot of product?

If you did spray Hybrid Ceramic Wax (HCW) on the entire car & then proceeded to dry, to complete the foundation layer, here's a recommendation, if you ever do another foundation layer, if you spray HCW on one panel at a time, and then dry, this will lessen the chance of having any of the product drying on the paint.

Also, you do not need a lot of product at all. It's very tempting to use a lot of product with Hybrid Ceramic Wax and it's not necessary.

Hope this helps

amateur4sure
Feb 15th, 2019, 08:51 AM

I have the same question...has anyone tried HCW as a drying aid for a rinseless wash?

TIA - A4S

Goldandrubies
Feb 16th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I wonder if this can be used as a substitute for traditional wax. i.e. like how car dealerships use ceramic coatings that "permanently" bond to the paint and "eliminate" the need for wax. I watched the video tutorial (https://youtu.be/NVOFlynVxco), and Meguiar's stated old wax doesn't need to be stripped to use this product. This makes me think of it as more a topper to extend the life of traditional wax. But, it is ceramic, so perhaps not? I saw it at Walmart today with a $5 rebate. But, I don't want to buy it until I completely understand how it works.

Mario
Feb 18th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Hi Nick
I have one question. How many percent SIO2 is in Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax?

Mark H
Feb 18th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Did you view the Scott at Dallas Paint correction You Tube.

Mario
Feb 18th, 2019, 10:36 PM
Mark H

Yes, I did

Nick

Any information about this SIO2 ?

Goldandrubies
Feb 19th, 2019, 06:45 AM
I watched the video too. What a doozy. https://youtu.be/lfVMwLQTA_w

BillE
Feb 20th, 2019, 06:06 AM
Did you view the Scott at Dallas Paint correction You Tube.

Good grief! Talk about 'product bashing'. After 2-3 min I just shut it down. Makes one wonder how he treats his customers.

Bill

theamcguy
Feb 20th, 2019, 06:09 AM
I saw Scott's video, I trust Meguiar's products they have always done what they said they would do. If you notice in the video Scott never tested product he just read the ingredients off the MSDS. I haven't tested the product but I have read reviews from others who have tested it and watched videos of the tests and saw the results. Bottom line, Scott should test the product and see if it does what it claims to do, if it does then who cares what is or is not in it. If it doesn't perform like Meguiar's says it should then you can question the product based on the MSDS.

Nick Winn
Feb 20th, 2019, 10:56 AM
There is a lot of excitement around Meguiar’s new Hybrid Ceramic Wax. We have received comments and questions about the product’s application, performance, how it works and the advanced Sio2 technology. Many of you have asked us for more details about the ingredients/formulation of Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Meguiar’s product formulations are proprietary. We are always excited at the opportunity to discuss detailing and our products. Please feel free to contact us, our Surface Care Specialists are standing by 6 days a week to answer your questions at 800-347-5700.

parker23
Feb 22nd, 2019, 08:26 PM

I have the same question...has anyone tried HCW as a drying aid for a rinseless wash?

TIA - A4S

Yes, as long as the panel is still fairly wet from the rinseless wash. If not, just spritz some water or waterless wash (WW) onto the panel before the HCW, then wipe dry. I'd be curious if the water or WW worked best before the HCW. Let us know if you try!

Firepro
Mar 2nd, 2019, 08:34 PM
I’ve had the product on one of my cars now for about 6 weeks. Because of heavy rain in February (Riverside County, CA) the car was washed for the first time yesterday, and the hydrophobic quality is gone. Did not last. Bummer.

Chop
Mar 4th, 2019, 04:56 PM
I’ve had the product on one of my cars now for about 6 weeks. Because of heavy rain in February (Riverside County, CA) the car was washed for the first time yesterday, and the hydrophobic quality is gone. Did not last. Bummer.

How did you wash it? Like what soap did you use?

Firepro
Mar 4th, 2019, 06:56 PM
How did you wash it? Like what soap did you use?
Two bucket wash with microfiber mitt, top down, and used Zymol auto wash soap. I’ll be going back to Blackfire sealant/wax. It lasts.

amateur4sure
Mar 7th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Great product. I've used it (1) as a drying aid after a rinseless wash for my car, which is garage-kept; and, (2) using it as directed on my ungaraged, DD truck. The spray-and-rinse maintenance following a two-bucket wash really brings the hydrophobic properties back that had faded on the lower half of vehicle following the endless rain we've been getting in East Tennessee.

Well done Meguiar's!

Vettefan
Mar 18th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Nick,
Can I use a spray bottle of water to wet one panel at a time then spray HCW on that panel while wet and wipe dry with a microfiber? Bottom line, I would be applying HCW one panel at a time instead of using the hose on the entire car. Do you think this will work?

Vettefan

Brian Hann
Mar 18th, 2019, 12:01 PM
In theory if you get enough water on the surface you could do the initial foundational layer this way; however you may not see much water beading until the next time the car is rinsed/washed.

Vettefan
Mar 18th, 2019, 12:22 PM
In theory if you get enough water on the surface you could do the initial foundational layer this way; however you may not see much water beading until the next time the car is rinsed/washed.

Understand... Thanks Brian. Unfortunately, in my case the town where we live frowns upon washing cars in your own driveway. It's an environmental thing here.

Thanks again,
Vettefan

Vettefan
Mar 19th, 2019, 05:58 AM
What effect (if any) will the HCW have on glass or plastic trim?

Vettefan

Brian Hann
Mar 19th, 2019, 07:46 AM
It can certainly be used on glass and trim but be aware it may not be as effective as it is designed to bond best to paint.

Vettefan
Mar 19th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Great! Thanks Brian. Is there a curing time after the initial application that I should wait before applying a follow-on application?

Vettefan

Brian Hann
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:25 AM
There is no curing time. You can employ the second application method immediately after completing the first.

Vettefan
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:39 AM
There is no curing time. You can employ the second application method immediately after completing the first.

Again, thank you Brian. You have been most helpful. Can't wait to try it once the weather here warms up.

Vettefan

Setec Astronomy
Mar 21st, 2019, 03:43 AM
Understand... Thanks Brian. Unfortunately, in my case the town where we live frowns upon washing cars in your own driveway. It's an environmental thing here.

Where is that?? I know there are condo communities where you can't wash your car, but I'm unaware of any towns in NJ where you can't wash your car unless we're under water restrictions which AFAIK we haven't been anywhere in NJ for the last several years.

chiptouz
Mar 24th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Anyone use this after an ultimate liquid wax?

My traditional method was ULP then ULW then maint. with UQW while drying. I guess that the UCW may be my new go to.

Thanks!

parker23
Mar 24th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Anyone use this after an ultimate liquid wax?

My traditional method was ULP then ULW then maint. with UQW while drying. I guess that the UCW may be my new go to.

Thanks!

Yes I just did ULW last week then after washing this week did the Hybrid Ceramic Wax via the drying aid method (spray on wet car and dry). Seems to have worked great. 👍🏼

parker23
Mar 24th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Brian or Nick,

Is there a cure time between applying HCW (via the drying aid method) and then applying a layer of UFF? How long should I wait?

Vettefan
Mar 25th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Will applying a synthetic wax like Ul Liquid Wax OR a professional cleaner wax like M06 Cleaner/Wax on top of HCW have any (positive or negative) affect on HCW?

Vettefan

Don
Mar 25th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Will applying a synthetic wax like Ul Liquid Wax OR a professional cleaner wax like M06 Cleaner/Wax on top of HCW have any (positive or negative) affect on HCW?

Vettefan

It is reasonable to figure that a cleaner wax - or anything with an abrasive could adversely affect the HCW by abrading some, if not all of it away. Applying a non abrasive sealant would mute the properties of the HCW and you would get the effects of the sealant topper instead of the hydrophobic properties of HCW.

Brian Hann
Mar 25th, 2019, 11:32 AM
No, there is no cure time need for Hybrid Ceramic Wax. If you are planning on using it with any other wax or sealant you really should apply the other product first and then apply the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Brian Hann
Mar 25th, 2019, 11:34 AM

Vettefan

Don hit the nail on the head with his response!

Vettefan
Mar 25th, 2019, 11:38 AM
No, there is no cure time need for Hybrid Ceramic Wax. If you are planning on using it with any other wax or sealant you really should apply the other product first and then apply the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Thank you Brian and Don. Sounds like get the car looking as nice as can be, then apply HCW to lock it in.

Vettefan

Thomasfxlt
Mar 28th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Just used HCW on my F150 after a wash w the gold wash. First application I did as suggested with an ample spray and wipe on. I rinsed, dried and then applied a 2nd time with the light spray and rinse off method. The first step did not bead much (as someone had indicated in the thread). The 2nd application beaded immediately as I rinsed.

Next I’m going to use it on a “new to me” 91 Corvette that’s in great shape. I plan to wash with the Gold, clay, polish (orbital buffer) with Meguiars Polish and then I question if I should directly go to the HCW or if I should use something to remove the oils from the polish first. Any advise on that would be appreciated. I know in the application of Ceramic coatings they recommend an alcohol wipe. What’s my best approach for max shine and adherence? Thanks in advance.

Brian Hann
Mar 28th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Just used HCW on my F150 after a wash w the gold wash. First application I did as suggested with an ample spray and wipe on. I rinsed, dried and then applied a 2nd time with the light spray and rinse off method. The first step did not bead much (as someone had indicated in the thread). The 2nd application beaded immediately as I rinsed.

Next I’m going to use it on a “new to me” 91 Corvette that’s in great shape. I plan to wash with the Gold, clay, polish (orbital buffer) with Meguiars Polish and then I question if I should directly go to the HCW or if I should use something to remove the oils from the polish first. Any advise on that would be appreciated. I know in the application of Ceramic coatings they recommend an alcohol wipe. What’s my best approach for max shine and adherence? Thanks in advance.

First, just to be clear, this is not a ceramic coating. Secondly, to answer your question, you do not need to strip anything off before using the Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Doing all of your claying, compounding, polishing, and traditional waxing (if you choose) before HCW is important to it's effectiveness but in your scenario there is no reason why you couldn't just apply the HCW after polishing.

Thomasfxlt
Mar 28th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Yes, I understand HCW is neither ceramic or wax (based on what I’ve read here). I’ll try applying it after I use the Meguiars Polish. I’m tempted to do a wax layer first for some added luster then finish with the HCW. In theory if you use the HCW frequently enough the wax layer almost becomes permanent.

Brian Hann
Mar 29th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Yes, I understand HCW is neither ceramic or wax (based on what I’ve read here). I’ll try applying it after I use the Meguiars Polish. I’m tempted to do a wax layer first for some added luster then finish with the HCW. In theory if you use the HCW frequently enough the wax layer almost becomes permanent.

Again, to be clear for those reading in the future. This product is exactly what it says it is, a hybrid employing both ceramic Si02 and synthetic polymer technology. It does indeed contain ceramic technology but that does not make it nor are we claiming it to be a ceramic coating. Sorry to push so hard for clarity here but there is a lot of misinformation and inaccuracy related to this product and surrounding terminology.

Gigi's_Bu
Mar 29th, 2019, 05:26 PM
I like to blow dry my vehicle, removing the majority of the water and then do a final wipe down. When laying the base layer of HCW, is this method sufficient or should it be wiped off when fully wet?

parker23
Mar 30th, 2019, 08:56 PM
I like to blow dry my vehicle, removing the majority of the water and then do a final wipe down. When laying the base layer of HCW, is this method sufficient or should it be wiped off when fully wet?
You definitely want it fairly wet. This stuff is THICK. If you spray it on an almost dry panel you're going to have a hell of a time spreading it, avoiding streaks and buffing off.

Don
Mar 31st, 2019, 01:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxNmf6-OYs

This is how I've been applying HCW. I works GREAT and uses very little product. I currently have 4 applications on my Camaro and it seems like each application makes the car darker and slicker.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/tn_HCW_5.jpg

Here is the beading after 1 week, over 500 miles and a light rain ...

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/tn_HCW_beading.jpg

eliogolf93
Apr 3rd, 2019, 08:04 AM
Hi guys!

I just bought that new Hybrid Ceramic Wax, and I got the ultimate fast finish and some ultimate liquid wax too.

Now I applied the liquid wax THEN the ultimate last finish to protect the gloss and the paint.

About this Ceramic Wax....when I have to apply to have best result? Obviously, I don't apply fast finish every wash!

Thank you in advance.

snozan
Apr 3rd, 2019, 08:54 AM
$33 for a bottle in Sweden... Guess you US peeps dosent understand how lucky you are

parker23
Apr 4th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Hi guys!

I just bought that new Hybrid Ceramic Wax, and I got the ultimate fast finish and some ultimate liquid wax too.

Now I applied the liquid wax THEN the ultimate last finish to protect the gloss and the paint.

About this Ceramic Wax....when I have to apply to have best result? Obviously, I don't apply fast finish every wash!

Thank you in advance.

Meguiars said it's best applied as the last product, if you layer multiple. So after UFF.

eliogolf93
Apr 4th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Meguiars said it's best applied as the last product, if you layer multiple. So after UFF.

Thank you! ;)

The Guz
Apr 6th, 2019, 12:54 AM
Some of the best info straight from the source on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vr0TN0xt1w

Thomasfxlt
Apr 6th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Good video. Answers a lot of obvious questions about the name of the product. I’ve been using HCW for 2 weeks now and have applied it to two different vehicles and it works. After you do the initial wipe-in, the spray on maintenance method is amazingly simple and vehicle drying is a fraction of the work. I like it.

BillE
Apr 7th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Thanx for the link Mike.

Was kinda concerned when I saw the length (40min), but it was a good 40 min!

Bill

BillE
Apr 7th, 2019, 05:32 AM
Good video. Answers a lot of obvious questions about the name of the product. I’ve been using HCW for 2 weeks now and have applied it to two different vehicles and it works. After you do the initial wipe-in, the spray on maintenance method is amazingly simple and vehicle drying is a fraction of the work. I like it.

Looks like you will see how it works in snow this week (yuk - I still have a 5' drift in the back yard). Please come back and give a report on how it did.

Bill

Bill

Thomasfxlt
Apr 8th, 2019, 05:27 AM
The rain yesterday helped but it looks like winter is not giving up it’s ghost just yet. I’m suppose to drive to Chicago on Thursday... ugh.

Thomasfxlt
Apr 8th, 2019, 05:55 AM
So now I’m thinking about trying this as a semi-waterless detailer. I’d hate to use a something else on top of it so once you go HCW it seems you’re kind of committed. I’m thinking I’ll try misting the surface with plain water from a spray bottle and then use a damp cloth w small amount of product. Sort of the “drying aid” method but starting w dry car and then misting panel by panel. I think the key will be making sure the surface is cool/out of the sun. Obviously not something to do with a really dirty surface but as a quick touch up.

parker23
Apr 9th, 2019, 10:00 AM
So now I’m thinking about trying this as a semi-waterless detailer. I’d hate to use a something else on top of it so once you go HCW it seems you’re kind of committed. I’m thinking I’ll try misting the surface with plain water from a spray bottle and then use a damp cloth w small amount of product. Sort of the “drying aid” method but starting w dry car and then misting panel by panel. I think the key will be making sure the surface is cool/out of the sun. Obviously not something to do with a really dirty surface but as a quick touch up.

I'd be surprised if that works since it comes out so thick but let us know! I'm curious.

Thomasfxlt
Apr 9th, 2019, 10:14 AM
I'd be surprised if that works since it comes out so thick but let us know! I'm curious.

The trick is making sure the surface is damp and NOT spraying HCW directly onto the car. Apply a small amount to a damp towel then apply to a damp surface. Mist an area with water from a spray bottle then apply the HCW onto the damp towel and wipe/dry.

I did this yesterday to my F150 and it works. Do it in the garage or shade. I did the entire vehicle with one drying towel and one microfiber applying towel.

I wouldn’t waste a lot of time if the vehicle is really dirty but in a pinch to quick detail, it works and you’re going onto your previously HCW surface with HCW and not some other product.

UMDHOOPS2002
Apr 15th, 2019, 07:37 AM
How long does Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax last? Estimated? Is it similar to Meguiars Ultimate wax? I ask because I live in the mid-Atlantic and it's just too cold to wash and wax during the winter.

Does Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax have any UV properties? If not, what should I use on top?

Nick Winn
Apr 15th, 2019, 11:42 AM
How long does Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax last? Estimated? Is it similar to Meguiars Ultimate wax? I ask because I live in the mid-Atlantic and it's just too cold to wash and wax during the winter.

Does Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax have any UV properties? If not, what should I use on top?

Please see above response, and also, yes, it protects against the sun. For best results we recommend using Hybrid Ceramic Wax in addition to your favorite liquid or paste wax.

sg11
Apr 18th, 2019, 10:48 AM
As far as the first application goes, you spray it on when the car is still wet and you wipe it off with a microfiber. Do you rinse it again after this step? From what I understand, there are parts of the solution that need to be washed away to leave the protective layer?

Michael Stoops
Apr 18th, 2019, 03:00 PM
As far as the first application goes, you spray it on when the car is still wet and you wipe it off with a microfiber. Do you rinse it again after this step? From what I understand, there are parts of the solution that need to be washed away to leave the protective layer?

Here's what you should do for the very first application of HCW, especially if you don't have a really strong layer of protection on the paint to begin with.

"Foundation Layer"

Wash the vehicle with your normal process, rinse thoroughly but leave wet
Spray no more than 2 trigger pulls of product onto a panel - 3 for a large panel such as the hood of a large vehicle, roof, etc.
Dry with a quality microfiber drying towel
Done

If, on the other hand, you have really nice water beading from a previous, fresh wax application or you've already done the foundation layer as described above, then do this:

"Standard Application"

Spray no more than 2 trigger pulls of product onto a panel - 3 for a large panel such as the hood of a large vehicle, roof, etc.
Rinse thoroughly with a strong stream of water. A pressure washer works great, but lacking same the best approach is to use a variable setting nozzle on your garden hose and select the flat fan spray pattern. Trust me here, it's the best choice of all the settings on the nozzle for this. We've tested more dang nozzles than I care to remember.
Done

Now, if you're a regular here on MOL I'm guessing you're an enthusiast, or downright Car Crazy. Good for you. That means you might even want to do both of the above process in rapid succession. Yep, do the "foundation layer" process, then get the car wet and do the "standard application" process immediately. If you do this, especially on a non metallic black vehicle, you may see a very slight bit of streaking when you do the drying step of the foundation layer. Don't stress, don't fight it, don't do anything. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Just move on to the standard application process and you'll love the incredible slickness when you dry with a clean, dry towel. It's pretty crazy. And you'll see even tighter water beading immediately.

There are basically two ways you can go wrong with this product:

1. Over apply the product. Just go nuts spraying the car down with that lovely blue elixir. Lay it on super thick. You really want that protection!!!!

STOP IT!!!

That is NOT going to help you at all. In fact, it will make life much, much harder and you may end not liking a really awesome product! Why? Because you probably won't rinse off all of the carrier ingredients, which are actually highly hydrophillic - it loves water and will attract rather than repel it. So you end up with really lousy beading, and possibly a fair bit of streaking. True story - a friend of mine in Northern California applied HCW to his car and called me with this very complaint. I told him he probably overused the product. He admitted to using half the bottle on one car. I told him that was probably enough for 6 or 7 cars. He fell silent. He then asked how to fix it. I told him to wash the car with his regular car wash and everything would be fine, no need to even reapply the product. He said it was going to rain soon so he thought washing the car was a waste of time. I said "great!", let the car sit in the rain. That will wash off the last of the carrier ingredients, the beading will come up beautifully, and the streaking will be gone. He called me back that night and said it worked just as I said it would. Well, duh.

2. Skip the foundation layer if the car has zero protection and water lays on the paint in a great big, non moving sheet. Just spray a little bit of HCW into that deep pool of water and rinse it off.

STOP IT!!!

That is NOT going to help you at all. A huge sheet of water on the paint won't let the active ingredients get to the paint. Those hydrophillic carrier ingredients will basically form a layer between the active ingredients and that huge sheet of water on the paint, so when you do rinse it off you rinse off everything. You leave nothing behind. If you have Lake Michigan sitting on your hood, partially dry it.... just move some of the water out of the way and expose a decent amount of paint. Don't dry it fully, just clear some of the water away. Now do the foundation layer process as described above, and then, because you're a MOL user, do the standard application as well. You'll thank me. Oh, but if water is doing a Lake Michigan impersonation on your hood, you've likely got some other issues.... like that paint may need to be clayed first, just as you normally would before applying a traditional wax or sealant. Do it.

Wildpanda86
Apr 18th, 2019, 10:15 PM
First of all, HCW works awesome!!! Prepped the car, did the base coat, and several weeks later washed it and spray and rinsed a second coat then dried the car with a leaf blower. The beading increased significantly after that wash.

I plan to use a rinseless method with ONR for subsequent washes. I plan to use HCW as the drying agent while the panel is still wet with ONR. Any issues with this method? Would I need to wash my drying towel after every use because of the sio2 in the HCW?

IBookmaster
Apr 19th, 2019, 01:46 PM
How about mixing a bottle maybe 20 parts water and 1 part HCW and spraying it on liberally wiping off, then following with a separate microfiber towel soaked with water to do the rinse? Then finish with a drying microfiber towel. I like to do a waterless wash so, this is how I would like to use it if you all/Meguiars think this will do just as well as the bottle directions. So, do a waterless wash around my car. Then follow with the just described method for the HCW. There is a video on YouTube from the car care nut that did this. Except I don’t think he did a rinse towel. Has anybody tried this? How do you think this will work? Or how did it work for you? Thanks!

Nick Winn
Apr 19th, 2019, 02:56 PM
First of all, HCW works awesome!!! Prepped the car, did the base coat, and several weeks later washed it and spray and rinsed a second coat then dried the car with a leaf blower. The beading increased significantly after that wash.

I plan to use a rinseless method with ONR for subsequent washes. I plan to use HCW as the drying agent while the panel is still wet with ONR. Any issues with this method? Would I need to wash my drying towel after every use because of the sio2 in the HCW?

How about mixing a bottle maybe 20 parts water and 1 part HCW and spraying it on liberally wiping off, then following with a separate microfiber towel soaked with water to do the rinse? Then finish with a drying microfiber towel. I like to do a waterless wash so, this is how I would like to use it if you all/Meguiars think this will do just as well as the bottle directions. So, do a waterless wash around my car. Then follow with the just described method for the HCW. There is a video on YouTube from the car care nut that did this. Except I don’t think he did a rinse towel. Has anybody tried this? How do you think this will work? Or how did it work for you? Thanks!

Regarding the panel wet with ONR, and spraying HCW onto a panel wet with ONR, it is tough to say whether or not the cleaners in the ONR will affect the performance of HCW. My gut says I don't think it will be that big of deal. We would recommend applying it in the "foundation layer" / drying aid style like Wildpanda mentioned if you wanted to try it out. Other alternative would be to perform your ONR wash, dry the panel, spray plain water on panel, then spray HCW, then dry, but that would be a lot of extra work IMO.

Womble
Apr 20th, 2019, 05:41 AM
Hi,

I used Hybrid Ceramic Wax for the first time today, and followed the instructions for an initial application, sprayed the Ceramic Wax on after the wash and rinse, and then proceeded to dry with my usual microfibre waffle cloth. I then noticed that the wax was drying with a residue (as if I'd applied a regular wax coat).
I wasn't expecting this and so I buffed off with clean microfibre cloths (as if polishing a wax coat).
Is this normal?
(It’s just that the instructions didn't mention this step.)

Nick Winn
Apr 20th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Hi,

I used Hybrid Ceramic Wax for the first time today, and followed the instructions for an initial application, sprayed the Ceramic Wax on after the wash and rinse, and then proceeded to dry with my usual microfibre waffle cloth. I then noticed that the wax was drying with a residue (as if I'd applied a regular wax coat).
I wasn't expecting this and so I buffed off with clean microfibre cloths (as if polishing a wax coat).
Is this normal?
(It’s just that the instructions didn't mention this step.)

Sorry to hear about the trouble Womble. You should not experience any residue/streaks applying either the foundation layer style or wax as you rinse. I would suggest, if you do the foundation layer style again, to spray less, and do not spray the entire vehicle at once. Just spray and dry one panel at a time. You can do the same for the wax as your rinse style also if needed, spray one panel, then high pressure rinse panel, move on to next.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post further questions.

Womble
Apr 20th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble Womble. You should not experience any residue/streaks applying either the foundation layer style or wax as you rinse. I would suggest, if you do the foundation layer style again, to spray less, and do not spray the entire vehicle at once. Just spray and dry one panel at a time. You can do the same for the wax as your rinse style also if needed, spray one panel, then high pressure rinse panel, move on to next.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post further questions.

Well, the residue buffed off like a regular wax in any case, and I cant see any streaking (its a new car with metallic red paint). So I can only assume the foundation layer is applied.
On the next wash I'll use less product as you say, and hopefully this time it'll rinse off properly.

atikovi
Apr 20th, 2019, 12:58 PM
How would this work on wheels to reduce brake dust buildup?

Wildpanda86
Apr 21st, 2019, 12:06 PM
Thx...

-I’ll probably try diluting the HCW 20:1
- then while the panel is wet with the ONR I’ll spray the diluted HCW at 1 spray per panel, 1 panel at a time
- then use a waffle weave to spread and dry the ONR
- follow up with a plush drying towel

That way at the end of the wash I can just dump the waffle weave in a bucket of water or remaining ONR bucket, squeeze it all out, and hang it to dry for the next wash.

Car Potential
Apr 21st, 2019, 12:15 PM
I used Hybrid Ceramic Wax for the first time today and was very impressed. I usually wash my car once every 2-3 months and apply ULW afterwards. With the Hybrid Ceramic Wax, after I washed my car with Meguiars Shampoo Plus and rinsed the car, I sprayed each panel 2 or 3 times and then wiped it with a microfiber towel. Afterwards, I decided to do another layer so I rinsed the car and then sprayed 3 or 4 times on each panel. Then I rinsed the car and dried it with a microfiber towel. Also, I did not do the whole car at once, I did 2 or 3 panels at a time.

When I rinsed the car after the first application, it beaded very nicely, I could tell there was a nice layer of protection. The shine is great as well. So now the true test will be the durability and one way for that will be to see how bird droppings do against it since birds always sh#t on my car where I park for work. I usually rinse the bird droppings off with a hose later that day and if that doesnÂ’t get it off then I will use Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere.

I do have a couple of questions for the Ceramic Wax.

1) Does it stain trim?
2) Is it okay to get it on my hands? When I wipe it with a towel and then turn the towel over, I got some on my hands.
3) Is Ceramic Wax or ULW have more durability?

Nick Winn
Apr 22nd, 2019, 11:45 AM
I used Hybrid Ceramic Wax for the first time today and was very impressed. I usually wash my car once every 2-3 months and apply ULW afterwards. With the Hybrid Ceramic Wax, after I washed my car with Meguiars Shampoo Plus and rinsed the car, I sprayed each panel 2 or 3 times and then wiped it with a microfiber towel. Afterwards, I decided to do another layer so I rinsed the car and then sprayed 3 or 4 times on each panel. Then I rinsed the car and dried it with a microfiber towel. Also, I did not do the whole car at once, I did 2 or 3 panels at a time.

When I rinsed the car after the first application, it beaded very nicely, I could tell there was a nice layer of protection. The shine is great as well. So now the true test will be the durability and one way for that will be to see how bird droppings do against it since birds always sh#t on my car where I park for work. I usually rinse the bird droppings off with a hose later that day and if that doesn’t get it off then I will use Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere.

I do have a couple of questions for the Ceramic Wax.

1) Does it stain trim?
2) Is it okay to get it on my hands? When I wipe it with a towel and then turn the towel over, I got some on my hands.
3) Is Ceramic Wax or ULW have more durability?

Nice initial review. Thanks for sharing.

1 - HCW will not stain trim, provided you don't allow it to dry or something.
2 - Yes, it is recommended to wash your hands after use.
3 - Technically Hybrid Ceramic Wax has more durability. We recommend for best results to use Hybrid Ceramic Wax in addition to your favorite liquid or paste wax/sealant, like Ultimate Liquid Wax. HCW will not give the gloss that a Ultimate Liquid Wax can. It mainly focuses on protection. Although, if one would like, they can use HCW as their main source of protection, but again, for best results, we recommend using it in addition to standard liquid/paste base coat.

Nick

indyz
Apr 22nd, 2019, 12:14 PM
I used it on my Mazda CX-5. Brand new, paint correction done. It sits outside 24/7, uncovered.
After about 5 weeks, the top surfaces were pretty flat after washing (Meguairs gold class soap). The sides were repelling water like crazy, though.

I've also applied it to my garaged Camaro. I think it will last longer on that one. Its been about 3 weeks so far.

What's everyone getting for longevity for uncovered cars?

kaisergrendel
Apr 25th, 2019, 10:46 PM
I know this is off-label, but I did a boo-boo when I applied WAY too much HCW (two sprays per foot of 5" wide beam) on my powdercoated balcony handrails. Now there's a thick, dull, HARD haze on the top surfaces where I sprayed the product. It even sparkles a bit - I can only guess these are the SIO2 crystals suspended in the wax.

Problem now is I can't get it off! I guess that's good or bad news depending on how you look at it.

I've tried rubbing the HCW off with super clean degreaser, neat ethanol, cleaning vingegar, straight bleach and even a 50/50 IPA solution. The only chemical that seems to put a dent in it is the IPA, but only after 5 mins dwell time and a heck of a lot of scrubbing with a magic eraser sponge. Judging by the reduction in haze I'm only about halfway through the coating after 20 minutes of elbow grease.

Before anyone asks, I'm fairly certain it's the HCW that I'm fighting with. There's a portion of the handrail that I accidentally hit with Super Clean while the HCW was still wet; perfect gloss and water beading there, but nowhere else. I can even see the wipe marks right around where I wiped off the degreaser in a panic - the same place the haze begins.

This is in no way a complaint, I tend to experiment with detailing chems at home for practice. I just would really appreciate some advice on just what chemical will dissolve HCW?

ps: I'll post a picture later if anyone wants to see.

Chop
Apr 26th, 2019, 12:50 PM
I know this is off-label, but I did a boo-boo when I applied WAY too much HCW (two sprays per foot of 5" wide beam) on my powdercoated balcony handrails. Now there's a thick, dull, HARD haze on the top surfaces where I sprayed the product. It even sparkles a bit - I can only guess these are the SIO2 crystals suspended in the wax.

Problem now is I can't get it off! I guess that's good or bad news depending on how you look at it.

I've tried rubbing the HCW off with super clean degreaser, neat ethanol, cleaning vingegar, straight bleach and even a 50/50 IPA solution. The only chemical that seems to put a dent in it is the IPA, but only after 5 mins dwell time and a heck of a lot of scrubbing with a magic eraser sponge. Judging by the reduction in haze I'm only about halfway through the coating after 20 minutes of elbow grease.

Before anyone asks, I'm fairly certain it's the HCW that I'm fighting with. There's a portion of the handrail that I accidentally hit with Super Clean while the HCW was still wet; perfect gloss and water beading there, but nowhere else. I can even see the wipe marks right around where I wiped off the degreaser in a panic - the same place the haze begins.

This is in no way a complaint, I tend to experiment with detailing chems at home for practice. I just would really appreciate some advice on just what chemical will dissolve HCW?

ps: I'll post a picture later if anyone wants to see.

Have you tried any paintprep products? Something like Duplicolor? Not sure what is available in your market though. I think Superclean will eventually go thru it but it may take multiple applications. Or any other high PH Degreaser available in your market.

510GUY
Apr 28th, 2019, 09:02 PM
"petroleum distillates"

510GUY
Apr 28th, 2019, 10:25 PM
"petroleum distillates"

Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

A friend of mine who has Expel on his car says that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want to have the surface "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135? - Outsold by D115?).

I am a Meguiar's guy and would prefer to use your product rather than a different brand. To me HCW is an SI02 product and I could use it instead of the CarPro Reload the detail shop located with the company who wrapped my car recommend. But if is "contains petroleum distillates" than I guess I would not be able to use HCW.

Thank you for answering this question. I am hoping that it will mean I can use HCW instead of the different company's product.

Nick Winn
Apr 29th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

A friend of mine who has Expel on his car says that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want to have the surface "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135? - Outsold by D115?).

I am a Meguiar's guy and would prefer to use your product rather than a different brand. To me HCW is an SI02 product and I could use it instead of the CarPro Reload the detail shop located with the company who wrapped my car recommend. But if is "contains petroleum distillates" than I guess I would not be able to use HCW.

Thank you for answering this question. I am hoping that it will mean I can use HCW instead of the different company's product.

I am not seeing anything about Petroleum Distillates for our G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

510GUY
Apr 29th, 2019, 11:49 PM

3 - Technically Hybrid Ceramic Wax has more durability. We recommend for best results to use Hybrid Ceramic Wax in addition to your favorite liquid or paste wax/sealant, like Ultimate Liquid Wax. HCW will not give the gloss that a Ultimate Liquid Wax can. It mainly focuses on protection. Although, if one would like, they can use HCW as their main source of protection, but again, for best results, we recommend using it in addition to standard liquid/paste base coat.

Nick

Reposting since I got timed out - not good!! I will try and remember what I just typed.

First let me thank Car Potential for his post. That along with the explanations by Mike and you have really help me understand the process.

These should be my last questions for awhile. I have read all the HCW threads and watched all the videos.

I will use this process to clean and protect the two layer (KPMF Satin Wrap Film toped by 3M 8515 Gloss Overlaminate) wrap on my 2019 Miata.

1. I was going to use my NXT car wash that sheets off and dries really nicely. But should I use D111 Detailer Shampoo Plus with it's
polymer conditioning agents to boost gloss that Car Potential uses and you really like? Will this be like using Ultimate Wash and
Wax?

2. Based on your responses to my "petroleum distillate" questions, the use of most Meguiar's waxes or wax like products is out. Are
M21, M20 or M305 an option for a standard base wax layer for gloss as you recommend or do they also have petroleum distillates
as well. As you know my friend who has Xpel on his 2016 Miata says not to use anything with petroleum distillates, because it will
cause the wrap or at least Xpel to "yellow" over time.
a. Based on Car Potential's post, it appears that the D111 Detailer Shampoo Plus provides "a shine that is great as well", so
maybe I don't need a base "wax" layer if I use D111 to wash the car before using HCW. Remember I do have that the gloss
overlaminate.

3. My windshield has painted panels around it which have rubber seals on each side. In your response 1 above you say that HCW will
not stain as long as the HCW is not allowed to dry. Since I will be drying it off with my Meguiar's Water Magnet towel after rinsing
this area off it doesn't appear that I would have any problems with staining on the rubber seals. Should I put some blue painter's
tape on the rubber seals before spraying the painted panels around my windshield or should I be fine without doing that?

4. When spraying HCW on the painted panels around the windshield, should I cover the convertible fabric top with a towel to reduce
the amount of "overspray" that might get on it? Since I will be drying the area and my fabric roof off with my Meguiar's Water
Magnet towel after rinsing this area do I have to worry about doing this?

5. When I wash my car I do it in 3 sections: Center (Doors and Top), Front (Hood, Front Fenders and Front Bumper) and Rear (Trunk
Lid, Rear Fenders and Rear Bumper). I will follow Mike's and your recommendations to mist / spray on the minimal amount
(e.g. 3 Mists / Spray's for the Hood, 2 Mists / Spray's for the each fender and the bumper - the Read Back / Bumper has a lot
of surface area to I might use 3 Mists / Sprays). Following the same process I follow with Quick Wax, UWWA or D115 - Detailer
Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax, I will rinse the section, then Mist / Spray the hood and wipe it off with my Meguiar's Water
Magnet MF towel, Mist / Spray the a fender and wipe it off with my Meguiar's Water Magnet MF towel, Mist / Spray the other
fender and wipe it off with my Meguiar's Water Magnet MF towel, then Mist / Spray the front bumper and wipe it off with my
Meguiar's Water Magnet MF towel. Though I apply the rinse water so that it sheets off, there it usually enough on the surface
that drying is still required. If I notice is dry, I will wet it the panel down again before misting / spraying the HCW on.

Nick thank you for answering my questions. This will help me with my initial washing and HCW application on my Miata.

kaisergrendel
Apr 30th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Have you tried any paintprep products? Something like Duplicolor? Not sure what is available in your market though. I think Superclean will eventually go thru it but it may take multiple applications. Or any other high PH Degreaser available in your market.

Thanks Chop, I tried looking for prep washes but haven't had luck yet. Will continue looking next weekend.

I have however tried more applications of Superclean (left this overnight then misted more Superclean over the residue for ULTRAclean), multiple applications with agitation of IPA and other petroleum distillates like kerosene and mineral turpentine like 510guy seemed to be suggesting. Even tried a solution of hydrogen peroxide and hot water. The mechanical grinding with some ragged microfibres and melamine sponges seems to shave off tiny amounts as I get the "sparkles" on my glove after awhile, but none of the chems I've tried seem to have any solvent effect on the HCW. I'm beginning to wonder if I've stumbled upon a way to turn HCW into an actual ceramic coating...

If HCW is even a fraction as tough as it is on my handrail, I'm sold.

Any other ideas? :bow

510GUY
Apr 30th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Reposting since I got timed out - not good!! I will try and remember what I just typed.

First let me thank Car Potential for his post. That along with the explanations by Mike and you have really help me understand the process.

These should be my last questions for awhile. I have read all the HCW threads and watched all the videos.

I will use this process to clean and protect the two layer (KPMF Satin Wrap Film toped by 3M 8515 Gloss Overlaminate) wrap on my 2019 Miata.

1. I was going to use my NXT car wash that sheets off and dries really nicely. But should I use D111 Detailer Shampoo Plus with it's
polymer conditioning agents to boost gloss that Car Potential uses and you really like? Will this be like using Ultimate Wash and
Wax?

2. Based on your responses to my "petroleum distillate" questions, the use of most Meguiar's waxes or wax like products is out. Are
M21, M20 or M305 an option for a standard base wax layer for gloss as you recommend or do they also have petroleum distillates
as well. As you know my friend who has Xpel on his 2016 Miata says not to use anything with petroleum distillates, because it will
a. Based on Car Potential's post, it appears that the D111 Detailer Shampoo Plus provides "a shine that is great as well", so
maybe I don't need a base "wax" layer if I use D111 to wash the car before using HCW. Remember I do have that the gloss
overlaminate.

3. My windshield has painted panels around it which have rubber seals on each side. In your response 1 above you say that HCW will
not stain as long as the HCW is not allowed to dry. Since I will be drying it off with my Meguiar's Water Magnet towel after rinsing
this area off it doesn't appear that I would have any problems with staining on the rubber seals. Should I put some blue painter's
tape on the rubber seals before spraying the painted panels around my windshield or should I be fine without doing that?

4. When spraying HCW on the painted panels around the windshield, should I cover the convertible fabric top with a towel to reduce
the amount of "overspray" that might get on it? Since I will be drying the area and my fabric roof off with my Meguiar's Water

5. When I wash my car I do it in 3 sections: Center (Doors and Top), Front (Hood, Front Fenders and Front Bumper) and Rear (Trunk
Lid, Rear Fenders and Rear Bumper). I will follow Mike's and your recommendations to mist / spray on the minimal amount
(e.g. 3 Mists / Spray's for the Hood, 2 Mists / Spray's for the each fender and the bumper - the Read Back / Bumper has a lot
of surface area to I might use 3 Mists / Sprays). Following the same process I follow with Quick Wax, UWWA or D115 - Detailer
Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax, I will rinse the section, then Mist / Spray the hood and wipe it off with my Meguiar's Water
Magnet MF towel, Mist / Spray the a fender and wipe it off with my Meguiar's Water Magnet MF towel, Mist / Spray the other
fender and wipe it off with my Meguiar's Water Magnet MF towel, then Mist / Spray the front bumper and wipe it off with my
Meguiar's Water Magnet MF towel. Though I apply the rinse water so that it sheets off, there it usually enough on the surface
that drying is still required. If I notice is dry, I will wet it the panel down again before misting / spraying the HCW on.

Nick thank you for answering my questions. This will help me with my initial washing and HCW application on my Miata.

Would a better process for the Painted Panels around my windshield (#3 above) be to lightly mist some onto the MF I've been using to dry the hood and fender which has become damp as a result of this and then apply HCW to the still wet painted panels with the lightly misted microfiber, so I can minimize the amount of over spray that could get on the rubber seals around the Windshield and on the back where the convertible fabric top seats. I would then use the same dampened towel to remove the water from the painted panels around the windshield.

Thanks for answering my question.

indyz
May 1st, 2019, 01:16 AM
Applying HCW to a very wet car, seems to be a good way to waste product.

Diluting HCW, and applying it to a dried car, seems better, just imho.

I diluted 1:4 with great results. Much better than using it undiluted as a drying aid. I'm going to try 1:7 or 1:8 next.
I will not use HCW as a drying aid.

IBookmaster
May 1st, 2019, 03:31 AM
Applying HCW to a very wet car, seems to be a good way to waste product.

Diluting HCW, and applying it to a dried car, seems better, just imho.

I diluted 1:4 with great results. Much better than using it undiluted as a drying aid. I'm going to try 1:7 or 1:8 next.
I will not use HCW as a drying aid.

Diluting is what I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing around 20 to 1. After trying it the way instructions say, I don’t see any difference. So, I will keep applying it this way. My diluting may be even more diluted because I do Optimum No Rinse washes, spray the diluted HCW on the partially wet panel and spread it around. Then dry off. Working great so far.

indyz
May 1st, 2019, 07:27 AM
Copy thanks. I'll try 1:20 the next time

RandyS
May 6th, 2019, 10:32 AM
I have a hard water spot issue after using HCW. 2 washes ago I left my windows till last to dry off. That’s when I noticed the spots covering the whole windshield. But I didn’t notice anything on the rest of the car. It took some doing but I finally got the windshield clean.

Now just this last weekend I washed my car again. Because I didn’t want to go through the trouble I had with my windows, I dried the glass first, then went to dry the car. If you look at the car in one direction, it looks great. BUT, if you look at it from another direction, you see water spots and it’s driving me nuts.

This is the first car I’ve owned that requires extra car for washing and waxing and I have no idea what I’m doing. When I first got it, I washed it good and then used HCW. I would have thought that the Hydro properties of HCW would have kept spots from forming.

So my question is “How can I get the spots off” and is there anything else I need to do in future washing?

parker23
May 6th, 2019, 10:52 AM
I have a hard water spot issue after using HCW. 2 washes ago I left my windows till last to dry off. That’s when I noticed the spots covering the whole windshield. But I didn’t notice anything on the rest of the car. It took some doing but I finally got the windshield clean.

Now just this last weekend I washed my car again. Because I didn’t want to go through the trouble I had with my windows, I dried the glass first, then went to dry the car. If you look at the car in one direction, it looks great. BUT, if you look at it from another direction, you see water spots and it’s driving me nuts.

This is the first car I’ve owned that requires extra car for washing and waxing and I have no idea what I’m doing. When I first got it, I washed it good and then used HCW. I would have thought that the Hydro properties of HCW would have kept spots from forming.

So my question is “How can I get the spots off” and is there anything else I need to do in future washing?

Since they seem hard to see unless you look at the right angle, are you 100% certain they weren't already there before? Either way, you probably just have super hard water at home. Claying and a polish might remove them but if not you'll need a rubbing compound. No way around it.

510GUY
May 6th, 2019, 10:06 PM

Wax?

overlaminate.

While I finally washed my car and applied HCW following Car Potential's process. I used D111 Detailer Shampoo Plus for the wash step and followed it with the Foundation layer of HCW and immediately did the Standard application as Car Potential did. When doing the Standard application, I could see the water beading just as Car Potential did.

During the Foundation and Standard Layers, I could see a build up of HCW in my Water Magnet MF towel. So, I sprayed a light layer of HCW onto my Water Magnet MF towel and then applied the HCW to my windshield surround with the Water Magnet MF Towel so I could control the application of the HCW with the Water Magnet MF Towel and keep it away from my new Miata's fabric top. This method seemed to work.

Everything well. The finish really shined and the gloss from the under lying clear gloss layer of the laminated wrap transmitted through the layers of HCS I had applied very nicely.

Since I was used to using Ultimate Quick Wax, Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere or Express Wash & Wax as a drying agent when washing, the HCW fits nicely into my car maintenance regime. And since Meguiar's has made it to be compatible with it's wax and/or wax like products (e.g. Ultimate Quick Wax, Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere or Express Wash & Wax) I can continue to use Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere or Express Wash & Wax as my "detailer on steroids" for the surface of my Miata with it's laminated wrap surface.

A couple of questions Nick.

1. Would it have beneficial to have put a couple of layers of Ultimate Quick Wax on Gloss Wrap surface before I did the HCW process. I know you recommended
polishing and waxing first, but that not really applicable to my wrapped surface. Applying Ultimate Quick Wax would have been my only option. Do you think
applying it before the HCW would have made any difference?

2. Now that I have put my layered HCW on my car, would it be helpful to put 1 or maybe 2 layers of Ultimate Quick Wax on top of the HCW. From what you have
written, I know it won't make the surface any shinier, but I didn't know if a couple of layers of Ultimate Quick Wax would provide some additional "sacrificial"
layers that would make it easier to remove anything that got on the surface. Or with the two layers of HCW already on the car, just as Car Potential's car has, is
this just overkill and not really necessary?

I am looking forward to your answer to know whether to put some Ultimate Quick Wax onto the HCW before I go out and continue to put some break in miles on my care or go out and continue putting break in miles on my new care without the UQW. Whichever I do, with only 150 break in miles left, I'll soon have those out of the way and can then really start enjoying my car.

Thanks for your help.

RandyS
May 6th, 2019, 10:17 PM
I’ve only had the car a few weeks. The first wash was in the rain for a spot free rinse. The second wash was the thorough cleaning to put HCW on it. The 3rd wash was what got my windshield spotted because I dried the paint first. This last weekend I dried the windows first and now I see spots on the paint.

I know I’ve washed it a lot for the small amount of time I’ve owned it, but I live in the country and any driving to a town is 25 minutes away and the bugs are already out. The rain wash was actually the second day of ownership and the dealer who delivered my car to me hit a massive bug the size of my Honda emblem. LoL

I've watched numerous videos, but I have no idea what all this stuff is everyone uses. Detail spray, compounds, lubricants, it’s all Greek to me. The last time I bought wax, it was in a can, you rubbed it on, it turned white, then you wiped it off.

510GUY
May 6th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Here's what you should do for the very first application of HCW, especially if you don't have a really strong layer of protection on the paint to begin with.

"Foundation Layer"

Done

If, on the other hand, you have really nice water beading from a previous, fresh wax application or you've already done the foundation layer as described above, then do this:

"Standard Application"

Rinse thoroughly with a strong stream of water. A pressure washer works great, but lacking same the best approach is to use a variable setting nozzle on your garden hose and select the flat fan spray pattern. Trust me here, it's the best choice of all the settings on the nozzle for this. We've tested more dang nozzles than I care to remember.
Done

Now, if you're a regular here on MOL I'm guessing you're an enthusiast, or downright Car Crazy. Good for you. That means you might even want to do both of the above process in rapid succession. Yep, do the "foundation layer" process, then get the car wet and do the "standard application" process immediately. If you do this, especially on a non metallic black vehicle, you may see a very slight bit of streaking when you do the drying step of the foundation layer. Don't stress, don't fight it, don't do anything. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Just move on to the standard application process and you'll love the incredible slickness when you dry with a clean, dry towel. It's pretty crazy. And you'll see even tighter water beading immediately.

There are basically two ways you can go wrong with this product:

1. Over apply the product. Just go nuts spraying the car down with that lovely blue elixir. Lay it on super thick. You really want that protection!!!!

STOP IT!!!

That is NOT going to help you at all. In fact, it will make life much, much harder and you may end not liking a really awesome product! Why? Because you probably won't rinse off all of the carrier ingredients, which are actually highly hydrophillic - it loves water and will attract rather than repel it. So you end up with really lousy beading, and possibly a fair bit of streaking. True story - a friend of mine in Northern California applied HCW to his car and called me with this very complaint. I told him he probably overused the product. He admitted to using half the bottle on one car. I told him that was probably enough for 6 or 7 cars. He fell silent. He then asked how to fix it. I told him to wash the car with his regular car wash and everything would be fine, no need to even reapply the product. He said it was going to rain soon so he thought washing the car was a waste of time. I said "great!", let the car sit in the rain. That will wash off the last of the carrier ingredients, the beading will come up beautifully, and the streaking will be gone. He called me back that night and said it worked just as I said it would. Well, duh.

2. Skip the foundation layer if the car has zero protection and water lays on the paint in a great big, non moving sheet. Just spray a little bit of HCW into that deep pool of water and rinse it off.

STOP IT!!!

That is NOT going to help you at all. A huge sheet of water on the paint won't let the active ingredients get to the paint. Those hydrophillic carrier ingredients will basically form a layer between the active ingredients and that huge sheet of water on the paint, so when you do rinse it off you rinse off everything. You leave nothing behind. If you have Lake Michigan sitting on your hood, partially dry it.... just move some of the water out of the way and expose a decent amount of paint. Don't dry it fully, just clear some of the water away. Now do the foundation layer process as described above, and then, because you're a MOL user, do the standard application as well. You'll thank me. Oh, but if water is doing a Lake Michigan impersonation on your hood, you've likely got some other issues.... like that paint may need to be clayed first, just as you normally would before applying a traditional wax or sealant. Do it.

Mike and Nick,

I've completed the Foundation and Standard application of HCW on my new Miata. I did go out to Walmart and purchased adjustable nozzle head with a Fan pattern. But when I checked it's spray, it was a fan pattern of a bunch of little drops and not the mist that a pressure washer puts out. So I used my "fireman's"
nozzle in a "cone" shape to get a more powerful fine mist like a pressure washer puts out. This worked, but seemed to put a water mist on other areas / panels
of the car. That wasn't a big deal for me since I just wiped them done with the Water Magnet I had been using for the "drying" process I the Foundation and Standard HCW applications, but I am thinking that this is what you are referring to when you say to "Trust me here, it's (the fan pattern) the best choice of all the settings on the nozzle for this. We've tested more dang nozzles than I care to remember". When I do my next maintenance wash and the standard HCW application, I will try it with the nozzle with the fan pattern and see if it's reduces the amount of water sprayed on other areas of the car. What nozzle did you use that had the fan pattern you liked?

A question. As I dried the rinsed surface with the HCW sprayed on it in the Foundation step or rinsed the surface after the HCW application in the Standard step with
a Meguiar's Water Magnet MF Towel. While doing this the Water Magnet became damp form absorbing the moisture and HCW that was on the surface I was dying. To me this seamed similar to what you see happens to the MF Towels in the Meguiar's videos of applying Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere, the towels become saturated with the product, but this jus helps the application of the product. So I keep using the Water Magnet towel as it absorbed the moisture and HCW during the drying process. I did flip over to new "quarter" of the Water Magnet towel and a began working on a new panel to dry of the HCW and water rinse. Later on in the process, there would still be some moisture left on the surface from using the dampened Water magnet with the accumulated HCW, so I would use an second
dry Water Magnet towel to completely dry the surface.

This is the process I have followed in the past when using a drying agent (e.g. UQW, UWWA, D115 / EWW), with a similar experience with the Water Magnets getting damp and accumulating the drying agent during the drying process. Since I had the same experience with the HCW process, everything felt fine.

Should I have made sure I used a new quarter of the Water Magnet that it was in fact dry and not damp. This would have meant using more Water Magnets for the process, but that would not be an issue. Or was the process I followed with my Water Magnet accumulating moisture and HCW through out the drying process, and using a new Water Magnet to remove any moisture left after my first pass with the damp Water Magnet Ok?

Thanks for answering my question.

By the way, I'm going to be putting my HCW in a Meguiar's spray bottle with a better spray head. I think this will give better coverage with a finer mist when I do the 2 or 3 spray passes to apply the HCW.

Vettefan
May 9th, 2019, 05:57 AM
Hi Nick,
What affect (if any) will the HCW have on black or dark colored textured plastic areas of the car? Can it leave spots?

Thanks,
Vettefan

hokiedood
May 13th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Can I use HCW as a clay bar lube?

parker23
May 13th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Can I use HCW as a clay bar lube?
I definitely would not do that. There's a good YouTube video proving why using any spray wax or sealant of any kind as a clay lube is a really bad idea. The following is honestly the best clay lube I've ever used. Many people swear by it. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Armor-All-Ultra-Shine-Spray-Wash-22-ounces-18238-Car-Wash/173947137

georgeallen4
May 14th, 2019, 02:43 PM
i want to dilute but besides cutting thru the plastic bottle how the hell do I get the top off!!!

IBookmaster
May 14th, 2019, 03:03 PM
What I did was keep spraying it in to a small measuring cup. Then dump it in the spray bottle I use. Filling and dumping the measuring cup with water until it’s all out.

parker23
May 14th, 2019, 03:19 PM
i want to dilute but besides cutting thru the plastic bottle how the hell do I get the top off!!!
I've used vice grip locking pliers on other similar bottles with success but haven't tried that specifically on the HCW bottle yet. Just lock em on and twist!

georgeallen4
May 19th, 2019, 01:57 PM
I tested 1:4 to dry panel after washing and it was a bit difficult to fully buff it off. I added a bit more water to my bottle, not sure what dilution it ended up being after that. I will try 1:7 or 1:8 like others had success with next time.
Good scent !!

indyz
May 19th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Tried 1:10 today. I always do it on a dried car, avoids waste. Its still slightly streaky. But very easy to buff off. Next up I'll try 1:15 in a few weeks

Jrhhunter
Jun 3rd, 2019, 10:46 AM
Tried 1:10 today. I always do it on a dried car, avoids waste. Its still slightly streaky. But very easy to buff off. Next up I'll try 1:15 in a few weeks

I have very hard well water, so can't wash my car at home. Therefore, I apply diluted MHCW when I get home from the local car wash. I used 1:6 dilution and it seemed to work fine. Wondering if meguiars can comment on the possible problems using this technique? Are we sure the car is getting protection?

parker23
Jun 3rd, 2019, 11:22 AM
Guys I hate to be a Debbie Downer but it seems a little crazy (and dare I say fruitless) to me to try and force a product to be a dry application quick wax, waterless wash application, etc. when it was literally designed from the ground up to be the exact OPPOSITE of all those. Dozens of already outstanding tested and proven products already exist to accomplish what you're trying to do with the HCW. The counter argument might be that you really want that semi ceramic protection and water beading. Well, massively diluting the HCW isn't going to offer great results on that end and using it dry as a waterless wash or wax is just going to lead to scratching, none of which is worth it to have diluted HCW coverage. I'm sure Meguiar's greatly appreciates the high interest, but there's no way they're going to comment on application methods that were never tested for. And if they do, it'll be "we never tested those application methods and can't make recommendations or comment on them. Do what you will with the product at your own risk, but we can only speak to and recommend methods that we tested and that the product was designed for."

indyz
Jun 3rd, 2019, 03:06 PM
Well, I did 1:10 on a dry car about 2 weeks ago. Car sat outside in the sun 24/7. Looks good. A bit of road grime near the bottoms. We got a few drops of rain today and there's great water beading on the horizontal surfaces. The vertical surfaces seem to have sheeted the water off

Considering my other application on the same car, of full strength HCW, only lasted a little over a month (outside 24/7), I am perfectly happy with "forcing" a 1:10 diluted, dry, HCW application. Avoids waste and streakiness, makes it easy to buff to a shine.
If I don't wash the car at least once in two weeks, its gets way to dirty for my tastes. The only reason I am holding off on washing the car is that I want to see how long diluted HCW lasts in the extreme sun and heat.

Michael Stoops
Jun 4th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Wow, lots of chatter here on diluting the product and I must say, it's kind of odd. You can't imagine what it took to develop this product - it's really pretty crazy stuff in a truly unique formulation that was actually really frustrating to develop. Diluting it to the level that some of you are, especially to avoid streaking, really just tells us that you're trying to reinvent what our chemists worked very hard at perfecting, and we dare say you're going to get inferior results because of it.

Throughout testing, and even with all the demos I've done with this product in multiple countries, we've gotten a very similar result when doing the foundation layer application; namely, a bit of streaking. Look, you guys are all MOL members, detailing enthusiasts, and as such you do some really weird stuff which, for the most part, we absolutely LOVE - it's fun to watch and we actually learn a thing or two from it!!! So please, keep it up!!! Except in this case, probably the weirdest thing you should do is to do the foundation layer, then immediately re-wet the car and do a "standard" application of the product.

As mentioned above, it's not uncommon at all to get a bit of streaking when doing the foundation layer on a black car. But every single time we've done this, and followed immediately with the standard application, 4 things happened:

the second drying process was insanely fast and easy - the water just jumped off the paint and into the towel. If you're blow drying the car, great, it should be a breeze now!
the slickness felt when towel drying the paint is crazy!!
the tightness of the water beads is insane, noticeably better than just after the foundation layer
any streaking you may have had from the foundation layer application is gone.

G. O. N. E.

Do not - and this can't be repeated enough - DO NOT overuse the product. DO NOT lightly rinse off the product with the hose. A couple of trigger pulls per panel (doors, fenders, quarter panels) is usually sufficient, with maybe three or four trigger pulls on large panels like hoods, trunk lids (depending on car, of course) and roof panels. While a pressure actually works best, if you don't have one then we highly recommend an adjustable nozzle on your hose, and select the flat fan spray rather than the hard central one. It just seems to work better. If you don't even have access to a hose, and you can't even get to a coin op wash bay with a pressure washer, then your only real option might be something like a rinseless wash followed by a light spraying of the product onto the panel, then spread it with a wet microfiber towel or wash mitt, and then dry the panel. But if you over use the product you're going to get streaking. If you dilute it dramatically to avoid streaking, you're going to lose the great effect of the product. You really are better off spraying just a bit less onto the panel, wet wiping it around to distribute, and then dry. It spreads like wildfire, it really is kind of bizarre how that works.

For more, check out this video from Autogeek featuring yours truly explaining the process in depth:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zk-OwkIlYLs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

indyz
Jun 4th, 2019, 01:43 PM
snip for brevity!
...... spraying just a bit less onto the panel, wet wiping it around to distribute......

Sounds like diluting..... :dunno

Michael Stoops
Jun 5th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Sounds like diluting..... :dunno
Nope. There is a huge difference between diluting at 10:1 (or even 15:1 like some are suggesting) and and spraying it onto the panel as directed and then distributing with a damp towel prior to drying. This will more thoroughly distribute the product (the full product, not a heavily diluted version of it) when a forceful stream of water is unavailable. Again, do NOT saturate the panel with the product. You just don't need to as this stuff spreads like crazy. Trust us on this - the formula is totally different than anything you've ever encountered before.

Jrhhunter
Jun 7th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Nope. There is a huge difference between diluting at 10:1 (or even 15:1 like some are suggesting) and and spraying it onto the panel as directed and then distributing with a damp towel prior to drying. This will more thoroughly distribute the product (the full product, not a heavily diluted version of it) when a forceful stream of water is unavailable. Again, do NOT saturate the panel with the product. You just don't need to as this stuff spreads like crazy. Trust us on this - the formula is totally different than anything you've ever encountered before.

So, for my hard water situation, instead of diluting it with distilled water and using it in a mist and dry fashion, I would spray it undiluted and use a damp towel to spread....and then use another towel to dry? Sounds like a repeat of the foundation step to me, which is OK I guess. I really do not want to rinse with a strong spray of my hard water just to spread the product. or, maybe this product just doesn't work in my situation. Any additional advice?

dwaleke
Jun 7th, 2019, 01:45 PM
I really do not want to rinse with a strong spray of my hard water just to spread the product.

The main reason to buy this product is for the ease of application. Spray and rinse.

If you do not want to spray and rinse I'd use a different product.

Cranston37
Jun 8th, 2019, 05:44 AM
I really do not want to rinse with a strong spray of my hard water just to spread the product. or, maybe this product just doesn't work in my situation. Any additional advice?

Why not just use Ultimate Fast Finish instead?

Jrhhunter
Jun 8th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Why not just use Ultimate Fast Finish instead?

I could and do...however the Ceramic Hybrid Wax seems much tougher and lasts longer. If that is not the case, please advise.

parker23
Jun 8th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I could and do...however the Ceramic Hybrid Wax seems much tougher and lasts longer. If that is not the case, please advise.
HCW is not tougher or more durable than UFF. Better water beading/hydrophobia, yes. Meguiars has said it can have equal durability IF applied correctly after paint is properly prepped.

pinoysurf
Jun 8th, 2019, 07:54 PM
I just got some of the HCW and was going to clay and polish my car. Can I use the HCW after I polish or should I wax first with the mirror glaze 26 I usually use?

The Guz
Jun 8th, 2019, 11:03 PM
I just got some of the HCW and was going to clay and polish my car. Can I use the HCW after I polish or should I wax first with the mirror glaze 26 I usually use?

You can use it after polishing.

Car Potential
Jun 9th, 2019, 01:18 PM

Nick

Thanks for the answers Nick.

It's been 7 weeks since I first applied HCW and it held up very nicely. I have been rinsing my car with a hose once a week and the dirt comes right off. It hasn't rained much recently so I only drove in the rain about 2 times but it was still pretty clean afterwards, there was just some dirt on the side of the back bumper near the tires. Also, it did well against bird droppings which I usually get about twice a week. When I hosed off the bird droppings, most of the time it comes right off. I then sometimes use Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere if necessary.

I washed my car today for the first time since applying HCW and it was very easy to wash. I then applied 2 coats of HCW, first spraying it onto the paint and spreading it with a MF towel and secondly just spraying it onto the paint and rinsing. I am very happy with HCW and would give it a 10/10. I have been using ULW to protect the paint and will now alternate between using ULW and HCW each time I wash my car. I will have to pay more attention next time I use ULW but it seems like HCW does a better job with keeping dirt off the paint while ULW gives the paint a better shine. Longevity seems about the same.

Also, I've been interested what other people think of HCW. I have looked at reviews here, on other websites and on Youtube. It seems like some people have their mind made up before even trying it and do not want to believe you can spray it onto a wet car and just rinse it off.

Nick Winn
Jun 10th, 2019, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the answers Nick.

It's been 7 weeks since I first applied HCW and it held up very nicely. I have been rinsing my car with a hose once a week and the dirt comes right off. It hasn't rained much recently so I only drove in the rain about 2 times but it was still pretty clean afterwards, there was just some dirt on the side of the back bumper near the tires. Also, it did well against bird droppings which I usually get about twice a week. When I hosed off the bird droppings, most of the time it comes right off. I then sometimes use Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere if necessary.

I washed my car today for the first time since applying HCW and it was very easy to wash. I then applied 2 coats of HCW, first spraying it onto the paint and spreading it with a MF towel and secondly just spraying it onto the paint and rinsing. I am very happy with HCW and would give it a 10/10. I have been using ULW to protect the paint and will now alternate between using ULW and HCW each time I wash my car. I will have to pay more attention next time I use ULW but it seems like HCW does a better job with keeping dirt off the paint while ULW gives the paint a better shine. Longevity seems about the same.

Also, I've been interested what other people think of HCW. I have looked at reviews here, on other websites and on Youtube. It seems like some people have their mind made up before even trying it and do not want to believe you can spray it onto a wet car and just rinse it off.

Thank you for taking the time to update us. Happy to hear you are enjoying product. I agree with you, the self cleaning ability of Hybrid Ceramic Wax is great.

cmargosi
Jun 19th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Just wanted to share my experiences so far. I have applied HCW to three cars.

Car 1: Almost no base wax. I applied HCW early May (Mother's Day--my wife's car). I have not re applied, but it still seems to bead up pretty well. Applying with no base took a long time and I did fight some streaking. I found the easiest way to solve this was with a spray bottle of water and a little mist with a quick wipe to dry. This car was definitely the most work of the three and applying was a lot more work than a conventional carnuba.

Car 2: Car 2 I had clayed, applied paint sealant and carnuba prior to adding HCW. This car went on easily and had little streaking. Any streaking and a wet towel took care of it. This car hasn't been washed or driven since as it's one of my toys and they've been repaving my street for weeks now. Can't even get it out of the garage :-(.

Car 3: Car 3 had a base of Carnuba that was around 6 weeks old. The car took medium effort. I found the beading on this car was "ok". Again, had some streaking and needed spray bottle on initial application. This car is a dark blue. Beading wasn't great, but I washed the car last night and applied a heavy spray of the HCW and sprayed off with a power washed. I was amazed at how the car took on a freshly waxed look with beading and appearance. For the heck of it, I applied another spray coat of product and power washed the hood and trunk where the beading was less before the wash. I am very pleased with the second application.

Now to the Question: Is there any benefit in multiple spray on / power wash rinses after the initial application, or am I wasting product? I will add that applying as described above took a lot of product, but I'm not looking to save $14 product when protecting an expensive car's paint. Also, I found that when the product sat for a minute or two on the car before the rinse, it seemed to thicken. Is it advisable to let it sit a minute or two, or rinse right away? Letting it sit didn't seem to effect difficulty of rinse or removal, but it did make it easier to see the product spread out. Any advice is appreciated.

MrMono
Jun 20th, 2019, 05:41 AM
Can you use the Hybrid Ceramic Wax on a motorcycle? Is it safe to use on the engine, gearbox and chain for example?

j2ee
Jul 19th, 2019, 08:46 AM
This youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVMwLQTA_w&t=385s
used "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - THE TRUTH!..Product Is a Joke!" as the youtube title.
Any response for the youtube content?

snozan
Jul 19th, 2019, 09:12 AM
This youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVMwLQTA_w&t=385s
used "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - THE TRUTH!..Product Is a Joke!" as the youtube title.
Any response for the youtube content?

He is a complete joke himself!

He dosent know what a datasheet is, like if Meguiars relased everything it contains? How many would duplicate it then...

He has absolutely no clue what he's talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5snAL30uiAI&t=20s

BillE
Jul 20th, 2019, 04:27 AM
Agree with Snozan...Me thinks he just doesn't like ANY product that Meguiar's produces.

Bill

IBookmaster
Jul 20th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Agree with Snozan...Me thinks he just doesn't like ANY product that Meguiar's produces.

Bill

Agree with Snozan also. Plus, look at this one and see how good Hybrid Ceramic Wax fills in defects and deepens the paint. This person did use it full strength without any water on the surface which I have done and it does the best at filling in and deepening this way. It also streaks but, follow with a damp microfiber and the streaks smooth out. Plenty other YouTube videos showing HCW is a great product and value also. https://youtu.be/usA3lvRbFO4

snozan
Jul 20th, 2019, 09:53 PM
I so badly want to try this! However the price, as i 've said many times...$30 for a bottle, but most that i detail my car during my vacation from work (we get 5 weeks paid vacation here in Sweden summertime. Dont know if US/Canada get the same). Anyway, my car is done now so now i would need it, but its out of stock in hole sweden. Earliest restocking will be August they say, but they aren't sure. That ***** - so for now i can only watch others using it.

Sure i can get it from somewere else (some other country, (even Ebay). But am not really keen in paing twice the price for shipping, making it almost a $100 dollar bottle

But always look on the bright side, now its summer here - soon autumn with a lot of rain, then winter with snow/rain. I

snozan
Jul 20th, 2019, 09:55 PM
I so badly want to try this! However the price, as i 've said many times...$30 for a bottle, but most that i detail my car during my vacation from work (we get 5 weeks paid vacation here in Sweden summertime. Dont know if US/Canada get the same). Anyway, my car is done now so now i would need it, but its out of stock in hole sweden. Earliest restocking will be August they say, but they aren't sure. That ***** - so for now i can only watch others using it.

Sure i can get it from somewere else (some other country, (even Ebay). But am not really keen in paing twice the price for shipping, making it almost a $100 dollar bottle

But always look on the bright side, now its summer here - soon autumn with a lot of rain, then winter with snow/rain. I willll have plenty of time looking at those waterbeads ;)

ironbark
Jul 27th, 2019, 12:05 AM
In Australia its $55.00au, rip off

Old Bear
Jul 27th, 2019, 07:08 AM

I see it online for less in AU.
Examples for today
SparesBox $33.71
https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax-769ml-g190526

RepCo has 30% off for Auto Club Members this weekend.
https://www.repco.com.au/en/store-finder/store-locator

Australia is a great country.
However, in my past I looked at possibly importing and exporting products. The country's imposed costs added up very quickly.

Most imported goods are subject to Australian Customs duties and 10% goods service tax.
There are many different regulations and sometimes complex duty rates applicable to imported cargo.

snozan
Jul 27th, 2019, 07:40 AM

Every Meguiars product is very expensive in Sweden (if you compare to example, Mothers). But i dont want to use Mothers, because i have no support for their products. I really love this fourum, i can get support from Meguiars and others for the products i bought.

But this is how i done, i buy them from Ebay for example. Even with shipping it costs less then from Sweden. And i really dislike the fact that Meguiars Sweden decide what they should take in. I want to decide myself

madlife
Aug 7th, 2019, 03:28 AM
Good morning... I used the Hybrid Ceramic Wax and it came out all spotty looking. Reading through here it was likely a combination of using too much and spraying the entire car then rinsing. What would be a good product to use to remove it and start fresh? I don't mind buying another bottle to redo. Luckily its only $15 where I live! Its been about 36 hours since I did it. Yesterday was heavy rain after work.

Murr1525
Aug 7th, 2019, 05:24 AM
Good morning... I used the Hybrid Ceramic Wax and it came out all spotty looking. Reading through here it was likely a combination of using too much and spraying the entire car then rinsing. What would be a good product to use to remove it and start fresh? I don't mind buying another bottle to redo. Luckily its only $15 where I live! Its been about 36 hours since I did it. Yesterday was heavy rain after work.

Yeah, if you used a whole bottle, you used too much.

I put a bit too much on in areas my first time and it dried a bit, but just re-wetting the panel and drying took care of most of it. And looks evened out fine now.

Since it has been a couple days, you might be able to just wash the car and dry and see if it evens things out.

madlife
Aug 7th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Wasn't a whole bottle, but probably 3/4s, on a Jetta Sportwagen. I'll give it a go today if the weather holds out. Don't think its supposed to though

TSR6
Aug 7th, 2019, 07:43 AM
I had just gotten back from a 1,500 mile (give or take) road trip for a week up in Canada. Some of the roads we went on were un-paved, under-paved, or under construction (also - thanks Minnesota for the oil/tar covered highway... that was nice). We had gotten back late Saturday night and spent all that time unpacking the truck.

Sunday morning I finished unpacking, and only had 20-30 minutes to wash and wax the truck before we had to run some errands. If you ask me, that's where the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic shines (literally too) - was that I was able to give the truck a decent wash and a quick wax without spending much time on it since I had already washed, clayed, polished and applied the base coat of the Hybrid Ceramic a while ago.

I'm a couple months in on using this stuff - and I still give it an A+ - my only disappointment right now is that I have to store my current bottle upside down. Somehow... crazy as this is, it slid off my seat going through a round-a-bout on my way home from the store, slammed into the door, and the bottom of the bottle is cracked (and leaks).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekL_VmNp-HM

BillE
Aug 8th, 2019, 09:03 AM
I have one word>>>IMPRESSED!

Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Silver Gray

Process: 2 step detail (Ult Polish Ult Liquid Wax), let it 'cook' for a couple of days than applied the base coat of HCW, then a followup spray and power washer rinse. Looks good.

After about a month of relentless mid-west thunderstorms, more than impressed of how the water just rolls off.

Yesterday (7AUG19) washed, rinsed and sprayed the 3rd coat of HCW, rinsed with 'garden nozzle' and dried with MF drying towels. Now the big surprise, the shine became more enhanced! More than what I had with even the original ULW before HCW!

I'm not one that gets that excited, but when something works BEYOND what is expected...well that DOES excite me!

Bill

Shakadula
Aug 9th, 2019, 10:59 AM
So I don’t use water on my black classic. Can you suggest a way to use this product or should I pass? I don’t have a clear-coat.

JoelD
Aug 9th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new on the thread & forum and a lot of think to read. I buy the product and want to know how should be the condition of the paint to do good use of the product. I need to clean deep the paint like clay or polish and begin to use the product to work last longer between use of MHCW?

The Guz
Aug 10th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new on the thread & forum and a lot of think to read. I buy the product and want to know how should be the condition of the paint to do good use of the product. I need to clean deep the paint like clay or polish and begin to use the product to work last longer between use of MHCW?

Any protection product will last and perform at its max when the surface is properly prepped. You will have to determine if you need to clay. But with claying you will create marring which will need some sort of polishing step.

j2ee
Aug 10th, 2019, 11:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4Gs_4AXhI
This person shows that the "second step" doesn't work at all. Then basically this product...doesn't work as it claims.

The Guz
Aug 11th, 2019, 10:07 AM
This person shows that the "second step" doesn't work at all. Then basically this product...doesn't work as it claims.

Don't worry about this guys videos. He does not make the best videos and often does not read on how to use it. Car Craft has a better video.

j2ee
Aug 12th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Don't worry about this guys videos. He does not make the best videos and often does not read on how to use it. Car Craft has a better video.

His video clearly shows that the second methods has zero effect. Let's say if we apply the first method first, then after awhile some of the layer has already gone, then we apply the second method but it would not attach on any part that doesn't has the layer to attach on. This whole design is a total failure.

Nick Winn
Aug 12th, 2019, 03:21 PM

His video clearly shows that the second methods has zero effect. Let's say if we apply the first method first, then after awhile some of the layer has already gone, then we apply the second method but it would not attach on any part that doesn't has the layer to attach on. This whole design is a total failure.

The test panel seems to be beading water great to me? I would encourage you to try product for yourself and not make a judgement on one video. If you do want to further research prior to purchasing, start searching around more on YouTube, & other social media channels, and you should see that there is tremendous rave for the performance & ease of application for this product.

HCAD
Aug 13th, 2019, 11:57 AM

I wonder if you've gotten the wrong impression of the "first method" and "second method"? The Ceramic Wax product doesn't have to have a "first method" layer in order for it to stick. The "first method" is given so that you'll have complete (better) coverage, but it's not required to make the product work. (In my humble opinion)

BillE
Aug 14th, 2019, 04:03 AM
I wonder if you've gotten the wrong impression of the "first method" and "second method"? The Ceramic Wax product doesn't have to have a "first method" layer in order for it to stick. The "first method" is given so that you'll have complete (better) coverage, but it's not required to make the product work. (In my humble opinion)

Gotta agree with ya!

Bill

snozan
Aug 27th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Just bought a bottle, so a question. How important is the first foundation layer? My car is full detailed with UFF as a last step (and some sonax spray and seal, cos i was to poor to buy HCW). Will i still need a foundation layer (my guess is yes) or could i cut some coners consider my paint is in good condition already

Nick Winn
Aug 27th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Just bought a bottle, so a question. How important is the first foundation layer? My car is full detailed with UFF as a last step (and some sonax spray and seal, cos i was to poor to buy HCW). Will i still need a foundation layer (my guess is yes) or could i cut some coners consider my paint is in good condition already

I find myself applying a foundation layer regardless of how perfect condition the paint is or not. That is also the company recommendation as well. Can you get away with out a foundation layer? Absolutely. Would you like to ensure you are getting maximum performance, apply foundation layer.

snozan
Aug 27th, 2019, 09:01 AM
I find myself applying a foundation layer regardless of how perfect condition the paint is or not. That is also the company recommendation as well. Can you get away with out a foundation layer? Absolutely. Would you like to ensure you are getting maximum performance, apply foundation layer.

Then i do as the Company says! :bigups

Murr1525
Aug 27th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Then i do as the Company says! :bigups

I would add that I tried doing two foundation layers to be safe... that wasnt the best idea.. got a bit smeary and hard to remove. On the good side, it seemed to mean something was already left on the surface.

Definately doing the spray and rinse like recommended next time.

CRUZINBMW13
Aug 28th, 2019, 11:43 AM
would it be a bad idea to use show car glaze after adding the hybrid cermaic wax?

Nick Winn
Aug 29th, 2019, 06:31 AM
would it be a bad idea to use show car glaze after adding the hybrid cermaic wax?

Ideally it would be applied first. You would negate many of the benefits of using the HCW like extreme water beading & self cleaning effect. We are recommending for best results always use Hybrid Ceramic Wax as your final LSP "Last Step Product."

SeanO
Sep 6th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Bought a couple bottles this week, used for the first time last night. Black truck, tired of the streaks and watermarks, even with 100 layers of waxes/polishes. Went on nicely, first application so I did rub a bit, dry, of course, rain this morning. Did not see streaks before the rain, so, so far impressed.

Couple of Q's if I may (searched, watched videos, didn't find an answer)

a) Overspray/other surfaces- what about rubber trim, rims (painted or chrome or steel), decals, aluminum (painted though) bed covers... Hard NOT to hit those when spraying on, or rinsing off. What are the 'rules' for black trim mostly? Rims? Okay when oversprayed on to rubber tires?

b) Boat surfaces, gelcoat specifically- I will test a spot first, wondering what the 'rules' are for sun faded white, or other, gelcoat?

??

S

Shakadula
Sep 7th, 2019, 04:32 AM
I followed the directions and sprayed the HCW all over my 2015 Camaro and and my wife’s odyssey and had no issues. I did dry and buff everything except I didn’t use it on the engine bays. I like the product and find it very much like their x-press synthetic product. Wipes right off black trim. Even used it on my peel coat black exhaust tips. Again, no issues.

Nick Winn
Sep 9th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Bought a couple bottles this week, used for the first time last night. Black truck, tired of the streaks and watermarks, even with 100 layers of waxes/polishes. Went on nicely, first application so I did rub a bit, dry, of course, rain this morning. Did not see streaks before the rain, so, so far impressed.

Couple of Q's if I may (searched, watched videos, didn't find an answer)

a) Overspray/other surfaces- what about rubber trim, rims (painted or chrome or steel), decals, aluminum (painted though) bed covers... Hard NOT to hit those when spraying on, or rinsing off. What are the 'rules' for black trim mostly? Rims? Okay when oversprayed on to rubber tires?

b) Boat surfaces, gelcoat specifically- I will test a spot first, wondering what the 'rules' are for sun faded white, or other, gelcoat?

??

S

A) the product is primarily designed for use on paint but is safe for all exterior surfaces. No issue getting product on those surfaces, provided you are using correctly, do not let dry, etc. You can use it on wheels if you would like, especially if they are painted.

B) The product has not been tested on non painted fiberglass / gel coat, but we imagine it will work fine, no likely going to work as well as it does on paint, but you are welcome to test like you mentioned.

snozan
Sep 15th, 2019, 06:59 AM
So i tried it, i don't know if this is for me. Was very hard to know if i got a fundation layer or not (i rinsed it down directly and put the traditional method right after). I used too much, however also here its very hard not to.

Beside HCW i used "Sonax spray and seal", which costs half of what HCW does in Sweden. Similiar thing, and works very well

I will be buying a bottle of Turtles "Turtle wax ICE seal and shine". Hoiwever its a spray wax but can be used a wet wax

I honestly dont know if HCW is worth the money for me. $32 for a bottle that i used half of, isn't worth it when there is so much cheaper similiar products here - atleast i tried it ;)

Stanmac
Oct 5th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I have ultimate fast finish, hybrid ceramic wax, and ultimate quick wax. I will like to seek advise on how to go about using them on my regular washes and maintenance.
May I know if it needed to use all 3? Or can I just replace either one of them.
Is overlapping of the products an overkill as its hide the true properties of the products apply.
Which product should I layer first?
i wanted to find the most efficient way use these products rather than just layering them on top of each other everytime.

Billpa
Oct 7th, 2019, 12:10 PM
I detail our vehicles two times each year, once in the spring and early fall. This fall I gave the HCW a try on my '05 Dakota. Prior I foamed-hand washed it with Dawn dish detergent, hit it with clay bar then applied the HCW per the two step initial instructions only using a garden hose to rinse.
After....
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yh7kFn_r973ow-QSmRV7vLaZ-aAVwrCoKGPmghuDFwogEv400X6-1nO0sB3l25x09GfmWItA0yOZZvItyIfyDGulUN10cs0HI43UPSvDESBA3_tOzGF7WdrTePwHovvXElCoNwrGS30BaBrwwTtTj8X9DaLdyIykZeW3HIM0BfAfI8qXaumdoTLVNkIv1SFmZVZWCMeE81TsYzWG2lUJgpgof9zufeECvX-E1MylH4qzMm28rqAlMjw59VpwlInqo6fzAIYQj6rKq6J3-kH_E9QCmojDtjwj4LqmrqgI1BOEpVW1nghyVw6LNtxtN9tiW2vxoD4qR7zRTIUlY8y1O_LnxI6-DUxiPeCIFlHCWmqypuEFK29XecEAe_bvAvhm-CvNWXYw-O4zvn6QAAoLSeUuvmQdBhqV-w3bopap4k6O_7_AV7qFSVVozV78Gf-IxgE2vtPdwgCRpxHanEo8mlQooVnj3V2Qa92yUdtMLKAwA19RwzIzNiOsA0DVacWVBA_qlHDgSDQtuf_FpUCggOkm80e5Su9bPFfBZhIDshb3WYN3C_cQqVxYmmniga62IHCEBFpLvsa6OG7arDec0DI2qD0iHWxP4n_ITSCs0xd_iYNwpoNi_4mKsWwbM_27OeaHmruVDlshPy8YzHSupLrot2m-jM8uFcnKjxQ1MxH-8JXDai2v4A=s600-no
Its not a garage kept, in fact its out in the elements 24-7-365. Two weeks later after have been driven in the rain a few times and not re-washed, me standing 25 feet away when taking this pic.
.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EasYtmwao2P0q8dO5gwKWdvmLIYrjsRdaNZyN3ZFWPGa-cKtOw3esR0v6KQplPoX0BM_TZ8QxIFI0eBL-W3Qj5DFR9JRGD5zT3aTJYCfFo4iz6IaRBbl59Qc6at7Z7BV0IANTKMVtBKaAQnoPP5IIVTjzNinLd4njbQZjtgDVXFQBnSM43MlbsBtVEbEEoag_xJ5GI87tJS41aXuqYwKNYu8qgm162HdYQeWc0jeAGJh722V-sI6yga8kpSk27KiC3IZh-JLllRdf0xVlRqP4JthRQwP4b1nL7yyOHKWnj0j78Jz6IcFd1oLKQ2N1PN11ZV1jxHm624uHA0WmzWJK3GNFE2FNB4PfDMwVansxAPweRfLyITT7tN1OFD1-NfDyJyxWBel8My2AiQVqtBDc77GHti0d66NuMkMI-cw1qmzu4anpW3c037SZ07iuTME3cHWlhlHirwR4l6NZg56aQa8dBw-wv0iZnm29w_ZINcu1nM9wqdzS-VRr7MD678nzjxgEez8m_b6f8CiGka48ZtmOhLQuUSJZ-5loO874uXNjlSiuXD-mRuareKNcc4CIJ8xDRgqNXbr10idw2TmgVOj31h4MZPvjT09VF0eI3L2m3T-oXTGiwpgH4gFXoQB-KbQ0RWvgZf990qqu_C0yRYhwl_i-Ew1882hlMgK4DzcnjXY1QXo5g=s500-no
So far so good!

Bill

Murr1525
Oct 7th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I have ultimate fast finish, hybrid ceramic wax, and ultimate quick wax. I will like to seek advise on how to go about using them on my regular washes and maintenance.

May I know if it needed to use all 3? Or can I just replace either one of them.

Most people would use something like the Fast Finish after their main detail.

And then the HCW or the UQW would be after your regular wash.

Is overlapping of the products an overkill as its hide the true properties of the products apply.

Yeah, a bit of overlap there.

Which product should I layer first?

i wanted to find the most efficient way use these products rather than just layering them on top of each other everytime.

Honestly I am just using the UFF on the door jambs and stuff to use it up. But that could be a base layer. Or base layer + UQW.

And then use the HCW with your regular washes.

And make sure to follow the directions, its gets a bit smeary if you over use it, or dont rinse enough. But the smears go away...

Old Bear
Oct 7th, 2019, 04:14 PM
. Two weeks later after have been driven in the rain a few times and not re-washed, me standing 25 feet away when taking this pic.
Bill

Bill
You can use this procedure to move images into your Gallery on the Meguiar's Online Forums server.
The procedure will tell how to add it to a post.
https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ghlight=images (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?24941-How-to-upload-and-insert-an-image-into-your-posts&highlight=images)

Firepro
Oct 24th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Is it possible to use wax on the paint after accumulating layers of a HCW? I have a lot of Blackfire sealant and rather enjoy “wax on, wax off.” Can I ever wax again? Thank you.

The Shining
Nov 8th, 2019, 08:40 AM
We just washed - rinsed - applied the Hybrid Ceramic Wax - rinsed and dried yesterday per the instructions for our two week old Mazda CX3. Looks great. Of course the car is brand new but still... :spot

After we got done I'd have to say there is only about a quarter of the bottle left. Not enough to do again w/o buying a new bottle.

I'll admit to not reading 23 pages but the answer I'm looking for is, how often does this need to be used?

Old Bear
Nov 8th, 2019, 08:50 AM
We just washed - rinsed - applied the Hybrid Ceramic Wax - rinsed and dried yesterday per the instructions for our two week old Mazda CX3. Looks great. Of course the car is brand new but still... :spot

After we got done I'd have to say there is only about a quarter of the bottle left. Not enough to do again w/o buying a new bottle.

I'll admit to not reading 23 pages but the answer I'm looking for is, how often does this need to be used?

Did you play the video included in the first posting of this thread?

The Shining
Nov 8th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Did you play the video included in the first posting of this thread?
Well ****... I did watch that video last week and somehow (didn't pay attention) missed that step of hand rubbing the HCW off the first time. Although in the video, the only timeline given was when he said,
You can use as often as you like.
So no actual length of time given as to how long it lasts.

Old Bear
Nov 8th, 2019, 11:34 AM
I know you want a number. Yet the answer is more of text than a number. "It Depends". Do you want the number of days/weeks for a car outside in the sun everyday, or for the one in the garage or covered parking structure?

Yet I think giving you this second short video reference on the proper way to use the product, and then following up with this question to you might be more beneficial.

The follow up question for after the video is:
"Since you wash your vehicle about once a week, what is the cost in time & $ compared to the benefit you would expect to see if you used Hybrid Ceramic Wax once a month after a weekly wash of your vehicle?"

Keep in mind that after your foundation layer, you should be able to use about 1/8th of a bottle for normal maintenance for a small CX3.

https://youtu.be/Zk-OwkIlYLs

The Shining
Nov 8th, 2019, 02:32 PM
I know you want a number. Yet the answer is more of text than a number. "It Depends". Do you want the number of days/weeks for a car outside in the sun everyday, or for the one in the garage or covered parking structure?

Yet I think giving you this second short video reference on the proper way to use the product, and then following up with this question to you might be more beneficial.

The follow up question for after the video is:
"Since you wash your vehicle about once a week, what is the cost in time & $ compared to the benefit you would expect to see if you used Hybrid Ceramic Wax once a month after a weekly wash of your vehicle?"

Keep in mind that after your foundation layer, you should be able to use about 1/8th of a bottle for normal maintenance for a small CX3.

https://youtu.be/Zk-OwkIlYLs

That second video answered ALL my questions. THANKS FOR THAT!:bow

I also like the fact that my next bottle will last a lot longer than the first one I bought. :o

School is out. :xyxthumbs

Murr1525
Nov 8th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I used to much at first, and maybe still a bit, but getting better.

I only get to wash once a month or so, so i use iit each time... But seems to hold up well.

snozan
Nov 9th, 2019, 09:04 AM
I've done 2 foundation layers (awell, i dont trust myself lol). Followed with 2 normal ways. I still have some in the bottle - so to me its a good deal, even though we (in Sweden) pay alot more then you US peeps $26 a bottle

vwite
Jan 17th, 2020, 10:19 AM
If I were to use both ultimate fast finish and hybrid ceramic wash, the same day would the order matter? Should I apply first and then the other one?

Or should I just intercalate ultimate fast finish after one wash and hybric ceramic wash after the next wash?

Thanks!

Michael Stoops
Jan 20th, 2020, 03:48 PM
If I were to use both ultimate fast finish and hybrid ceramic wash, the same day would the order matter? Should I apply first and then the other one?

Or should I just intercalate ultimate fast finish after one wash and hybric ceramic wash after the next wash?

Thanks!
One of the best features of HCW is the extreme water beading and, therefore, almost self cleaning characteristics introduced by that beading. If you apply something else on top of it that does not offer the same extreme hydrophobic character then you'll compromise the best thing about HCW by masking it with that other product. No need to use both UFF and UCW, but if you really want to, then apply HCW last.

BillE
Feb 23rd, 2020, 11:49 AM
With the introduction of more 'ceramic' products, especially M-27 and ceramic detailer...where and how does HCW play into the picture?

TIA!

Bill

The Guz
Feb 23rd, 2020, 01:47 PM
With the introduction of more 'ceramic' products, especially M-27 and ceramic detailer...where and how does HCW play into the picture?

TIA!

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aH0-DCFhDo

BillE
Feb 23rd, 2020, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aH0-DCFhDo

Thanx for the reply Michael.

I should have been much more specific in my question...I am referring to Hybrid Ceramic Wax (G190526), the water activated blue spray (the one that smells like blueberry). It's my understanding that it is more of an LSP that 'touch-up' product (that's what I'm using it for and I DO LIKE it).

Make sense?

TIA again...

Bill

Stanmac
Mar 3rd, 2020, 08:07 PM
Hi,

anyone tried of dilution of HCW with Meguiar x-press D15601? I was having the thought by combining that both will make the HCW less thick and easier to apply and at the same time having the properties of the slickness of D15601

Buck91
Apr 29th, 2020, 04:19 PM
What type of durability are people seeing? I'm reading reports of "same as UFF" (which Im not familiar with) to "up to a year" to "better than ULW." Whats one to believe??

Jim_W
May 11th, 2020, 11:09 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-CA</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]--> In early summer last year I applied a Meguiar’s Hi-Tech ‘26’ yellow paste wax foundation on my 2019 Blade Silver C7 Corvette, followed a week later by a coating of Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic wax. For the remaining summer and early fall my Corvette probably received 2-3 more treatments of HCW before it was covered and went into unheated winter storage for the past 6 months here in Ontario, Canada. As we enter into the 2020 driving season I am considering applying a new foundation coat using Meguiar’s ‘Ultimate Liquid Wax’ followed by a coating of HCW, however I am curious as to Meguiar’s recommendations:
- does a new foundation coating of ‘Ultimate Liquid Wax’ serve any benefits
- seeing that my C7 already has HCW on its surface, any necessary steps needed prior to applying the ULW
- is there a recommended number of HCW applications per season (I’m considering applying every 4-6 weeks).

Helpful hint: Buy a standard 32 oz spray bottle, pour the HCW from the Meguiar’s bottle, add about 2 ounces of water into the Meguiar’s bottle, shake and pour into the 32 oz bottle, shake again. The two ounces of water will dilute the HCW just enough to the eliminate the ‘globing’ effect you may experience with the Meguiar’s spray bottle and the adjustable nozzle on the 32 oz bottle allows for finer droplets when spraying.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-CA</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

IAJack
May 29th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Question, We have really hard water here in AZ so I usually have to go to the car wash and use the spot-free rinse option to try to keep spots to a min. Can I apply this using the lower spray pressure of the spot free rinse or does it require higher pressure? I thought I saw a post in here saying that one person sprayed their panel down to wet it then wiped this on using a towel that was moistend with the product and then dried afterward? Would that be a better optino for application?

Nick Winn
Jun 1st, 2020, 09:25 AM
Question, We have really hard water here in AZ so I usually have to go to the car wash and use the spot-free rinse option to try to keep spots to a min. Can I apply this using the lower spray pressure of the spot free rinse or does it require higher pressure? I thought I saw a post in here saying that one person sprayed their panel down to wet it then wiped this on using a towel that was moistend with the product and then dried afterward? Would that be a better optino for application?

I would recommend spraying/spreading Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax with the high pressure & then using the spot free for final rinse. I don't think the spot free is going to be strong enough. You can always "wax as you dry" but the "wax as your rinse" method is ideal after you have established a base coat. Check out the below link if you have not seen already:

ynk11
Jul 13th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Hello,
I've applied the HCW as per the instructions. HCW works as expected.
However, I wanted to know if any wax or polish can be applied on top of the HCW for added shine ?
Thanks

kaisergrendel
Jul 19th, 2020, 10:57 PM
Hi imacarnut,

1. We do not claim UVA/UVB protection specifically. It does protect against the sun & provides a sacrificial barrier against elements of the environment, like our other waxes/sealants, but again we do not claim UVA/UVB specifically.

3. We have not been advised or noticed any special care required for towels used with Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Hi Nick, I know you've answered this before but I wanted to ask you to go into a little more detail re: UV protection.

- Can I take #1 to mean that HCW protects against the visible spectrum and heat of the sun but not UV?
- If "no" to the above, which of your sealants do?

Thanks, my car is parked 24/7 outside with no shade so I gotta know.

Murr1525
Jul 20th, 2020, 07:39 AM
Well, no product is going to prevent the car paint from getting hot...

But the general idea is to use the detailing products like polish and wax to keep the paint/clear coat protected and healthy. Then the paint will be able to use its UV inhibitors to keep itself safe.