PDA

View Full Version : G-100 Packages no more?

Spincykle
Jun 29th, 2005, 09:12 AM
After a long stay away, I have returned to post again (its been nearly 5 months... jeebus!)... I tackled my Pearl Yellow Mitsubishi 3000GT the other day... the paint is nearly flawless aside from 4 or 5 usual rock chips... and since its a bright/light color you cannot see swirls that well...

However we all know that even with light cars, when it gets dark you can... and I went at it with scratch X... what a PITA... 5 apps of scratchx on one spot showed marginal changes (it was working, but im not about to do that to the whole car...)...

So I think I will shell out for a g-100 DAP...

Are the packages no more? The ones that meguiars offered on their website? Perhaps I will wait till Christmas when something comes up again, but I remember a few different deals...

Good to be back... perhaps ill try to throw up some pictures of my swirls... maybe i am overreacting on it...

imacarnut
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:43 AM
i don't believe there are any specials on the g-100 anytime soon. you have to realize when you put it at a discounted price, you undercut the retailers who are actually selling it for the normal price. i could be wrong though....

Spincykle
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
i didn't mean specials... more like... "packages" where it comes with necessary stuff and a starter kit like meg's offered not too long ago...

RamAirV1
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Go buy the PC at Lowe's for about $100. Then buy the pads you need from Meguiars. In the long run, this will probably be cheaper than the package.

RamAirV1

the other pc
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:39 PM
The collections were always good deals as long as the products were the ones you'd use.

I got My G-100 in a collection. The discount was steep enough that you could look at it as getting the G-100 for dirt cheap and all the product at retail or paying full price for G-100 and getting all the product for next to nothing.

You might try calling Customer Care (1-800-347-5700) and asking them if you can still order any of the collections.

There are also Meguiar's retailers out there that discount the G-100.

PC.

rusty bumper
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Meguiars has always had some sort of G100 package since they started selling it (Buffer), if I remember correctly.

Their latest catalog has a few items packaged together, with/ or without the G100.

Mosca
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Try here:

Auto Detaining Solutions G-100 Packages (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Porter%20Cable%20Specials.htm)

I think these are the same.

Tom

Spincykle
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Mosca
Try here:

Auto Detaining Solutions G-100 Packages (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Porter%20Cable%20Specials.htm)

I think these are the same.

Tom

Tom: Awesome, thanks. [b]travisdecpn[\b] was so kind as to provide that link to me in PM as well. Now I have a new website to dump money into for car car products! HOORAY!

-Robert

rusty bumper
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I like package #3, but I think they made a misprint...

1 M8332 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish 64 oz

I believe they were referring to the 32oz bottle.

Spincykle
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
I like package #3, but I think they made a misprint...

1 M8332 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish 64 oz

I believe they were referring to the 32oz bottle.

Shhhh... You just have to hold them to that when they send you a 32 oz bottle... ;)