PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's M122 Surface Prep

Nick Winn
Oct 30th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Meguiar's M122 Surface Prep

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2691/M12201_SurfacePrep_pres_Custom_.png http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2691/M122_Bottle_Custom_1_.png

M122 is versatile tool used throughout the paint correction process, as well as before applying coatings or touch-up paint. This unique formula allows for efficient & true results, without unnecessary risk of swelling or staining paint.

Developed to remove residue from compound, polish, or oils, leaving a bare finish for maximum adhesion for ceramic coatings or touch-up paint
Excellent as inspection spray to check work during compounding & polishing
Unique formula will NOT swell or stain paint
Unique cleaning package removes the need for heavy solvents

Meguiar's M122 Surface Prep
Product Number: M12201 (1 Gallon), M20122 (Secondary Bottle)
MSRP:

M12201 Gallon $39.99 US
M20122 Secondary Bottle $3.40 US
M12206 6 Oz Spray (Not Sold Separately, Included in Meguiar's M78802 Deep Crystal Ceramic Coating Kit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hGwFnWT0HU

smack
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Is this an updated version of D114 for use as a panel wipe?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Is this an updated version of D114 for use as a panel wipe?

No, completely different than D114 Rinse Free X-Press Wash. Yes this would be in the category of a "panel wipe."

smack
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:28 AM
No, completely different than D114 Rinse Free X-Press Wash. Yes this would be in the category of a "panel wipe."

Dang, Bring back D114! Have just over 1/4 bottle left. Cant imagine going without it.

Sorry to derail the thread.

The Guz
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:35 AM
At a good price as well for a gallon. Attractive to those that offer coatings.

drumdan
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:49 AM
From consumer to professional, I believe we have a true "shut up and take my money" situation happening here.

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:58 AM
So from the dummy who's still trying to learn, what are you guys talking about when you say a "panel wipe"?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2019, 10:22 AM
At a good price as well for a gallon. Attractive to those that offer coatings.

I am personally really digging this one & already now use it to assist in wipe off of compounds & polishes during almost every paint correction, in addition to preparing for coating install.

From consumer to professional, I believe we have a true "shut up and take my money" situation happening here.

Yeeee Haww!!!

So from the dummy who's still trying to learn, what are you guys talking about when you say a "panel wipe"?

bowlerr, this can be used to assist in removing compound & polish residue, to inspect true finish of paint or just help with wipe off, especially when performing a higher end paint correction or coating install. It is also used directly prior to installing a ceramic coating to remove any oils that would interfere with the coating adhering properly.

The Guz
Mar 13th, 2020, 05:30 PM
I picked up a gallon of this and I must say initial impressions are good. It has a good dwell time compared to other paint preps. It does wipe off easily and the flash time will vary depending on the temperature. I mean the time it takes for the IPA to flash off with a final wipe. It is cost effective with the gallon.

Nick Winn
Mar 16th, 2020, 11:25 AM
I picked up a gallon of this and I must say initial impressions are good. It has a good dwell time compared to other paint preps. It does wipe off easily and the flash time will vary depending on the temperature. I mean the time it takes for the IPA to flash off with a final wipe. It is cost effective with the gallon.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to review. This is one of my favorites for 2020.

Murr1525
Jul 9th, 2020, 12:15 PM
How would this work on glass... say inside of windows with stubborn film?

Nick Winn
Jul 13th, 2020, 12:04 PM
How would this work on glass... say inside of windows with stubborn film?

Was not designed for or tested on glass, and although cannot officially recommend, I personally do not for-see any issue except for the use in a confined space, you would want to make sure to follow safety recommendations & air it out thoroughly.