PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

Nick Winn
Oct 30th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?69242-Meguiar-s-M27-PRO-Hybrid-Ceramic-Sealant)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2691/M2701_PROHybridCeramicSealant_pres_Custom_.png http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2691/M2716_ProHCSealant_Label_pres_Custom_1_.png

M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant is a professional grade SiO2-based sealant with self-cleaning, tight beading & slickness levels typcially only found with ceramic coatings. Packed with innovation like Self-Leveling Technology, M27 delivers lasting high-performance protection across many automotive surfaces, including Paint Protection Films, without discoloring trim or decals.

Pro Strength Hybrid Ceramic Sio2 Liquid Sealant
True Sio2 base chemistry with self-cleaning, slickness & gloss levels typically associated with a Ceramic Coating
Highly effective on both paint & paint protection film surfaces, adding significant slickness to PPF
Engineered for Professionals - Allows for longer work time so product can be applied to entire vehicle before wipe-off
Will not stain exterior non painted rubber or plastic trim pieces
Safe on exterior vinyl stripes/decals
Easy Wipe off even in full sun
Hand or D/A Application

Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant
Product Number:

M2701 (1 Gallon)
M2716 (16 oz)

MSRP:

M2701 - $99.99
M2716 - $29.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hGwFnWT0HU

Marine Toys
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:13 AM
:db:

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Guess we know what was in the teaser image now.

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Is this the new packaging style for the Mirror Glaze line?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Is this the new packaging style for the Mirror Glaze line?

No, this is a new look for some of the new Pro Items. You'll notice the items with this look have Ceramic technology or have to do with install of our new M788 coating, like the M122 Surface Prep Spray.

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Got it. Dunno why because it is fairly basic, but I've always liked the tan Mirror Glaze bottles' look. Thanks Nick.

drumdan
Nov 5th, 2019, 11:13 AM
This was the teaser pic!

Looking very forward to trying this one out.

Murr1525
Nov 6th, 2019, 06:14 AM
So is this a bulk size of the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax?

Or some differences?

Alfisti
Nov 6th, 2019, 07:05 AM
There's no mention of durability. How long should we expect it to protect?

The Guz
Nov 6th, 2019, 07:27 AM
There's no mention of durability. How long should we expect it to protect?

See Nick's post here.

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?69240-Meguiar-s-M788-Deep-Crystal-Ceramic-Coating-Kit&p=593241&viewfull=1#post593241

BTLew81
Nov 6th, 2019, 08:09 AM
So is this a bulk size of the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax?

Or some differences?

was wondering the same thing. Also, is the new bead booster product a good booster for this product as well?

Brian Hann
Nov 6th, 2019, 03:23 PM
was wondering the same thing. Also, is the new bead booster product a good booster for this product as well?

No, this is a different formula. You should find it provides more gloss/darkening, contains no wax, and is designed to allow for a longer cure time.

Yes, the bead booster would be the perfect spray sealant to act as a booster for M27.

Murr1525
Nov 6th, 2019, 05:26 PM
No, this is a different formula. You should find it provides more gloss/darkening, contains no wax, and is designed to allow for a longer cure time.

Yes, the bead booster would be the perfect spray sealant to act as a booster for M27.

So the Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray would not go with this or the Deep Crystal coating.....

Thestroyer
Nov 7th, 2019, 03:01 AM
I really hope this one makes it to Sweden. :)

Nick Winn
Nov 7th, 2019, 08:14 AM
So the Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray would not go with this or the Deep Crystal coating.....

Our consumer Hybrid Ceramic Wax (Spray) or the new Hybrid Ceramic Detailer would be perfect to maintain this M27 or our new Deep Crystal Ceramic Coating, that is, if you wanted to save a little $ and not go with the new PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster or just wanted smaller sizes.

jcurr10
Nov 7th, 2019, 08:50 AM
First of all I would like to say that all of these new products seem really great. My question is once you use the new pro ceramic sealant and the bead booster, what would you recommend to use as a soap? Do I need to use something with SiO2? Or will any ph neutral soap work?

Thanks

Brian Hann
Nov 7th, 2019, 09:17 AM
First of all I would like to say that all of these new products seem really great. My question is once you use the new pro ceramic sealant and the bead booster, what would you recommend to use as a soap? Do I need to use something with SiO2? Or will any ph neutral soap work?

Thanks

Technically any of our washes would be fine, but if you choose a wash with wax in it like our Ultimate Wash & Wax you will likely knock down the water beading effects of the Hybrid Ceramic products you have on the surface. So sticking with something like our Gold Class Wash would make sense.

jcurr10
Nov 7th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Ok thanks

torque
Nov 8th, 2019, 05:38 AM
Does the M27 Pro Hybrid Ceramic Sealant offers any UV protection, or any of the new ceramic products?

I like the updated look of the bottles and labels, nice improvements.

Nick Winn
Nov 8th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Does the M27 Pro Hybrid Ceramic Sealant offers any UV protection, or any of the new ceramic products?

I like the updated look of the bottles and labels, nice improvements.

Yes all of our waxes help protection against the harmful elements of the sun.

Jonesey
Nov 8th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Looking forward to trying this out on my fleet!! When will these new products be available?

Murr1525
Nov 8th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the information Nick and Brian,

Would the M27 go over a polish or wax.. or does it want the Surface prep used first? It sounds like the Consumer Liquid Hybrid Ceramic Was could be used over them .

Thanks

mobiledetail1
Nov 8th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Anything for fiberglass? Currently using Flagship premium... Thx

HCAD
Nov 9th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Yet another comparison question. What would be the most notable benefits over the old tried and true M21 Synthetic Sealant? Life cycle seems similar. Application looks to be the same process. Cost of M27 is slightly higher, to be expected. So, what do we get? Ceramic coating like water beads? Any better UV protection?

snozan
Nov 9th, 2019, 08:55 AM
My ULW bottle is almost empty. How does this stand against that one if you compare what you get in terms of gloss etc. Should i aim for this as a replacement or stick with ULW?

Thought i had it clear once the blue bottle came out (HCW) but now there are to much to take in. Last yaer it was simple. "I stick with Ultimate line, cos that top notch for consumers". Now, i dont know this or that or both or something in between

Nick Winn
Nov 11th, 2019, 08:00 AM
Looking forward to trying this out on my fleet!! When will these new products be available?

We are looking forward to hearing how everyone likes them! All of the PRO products will be available sometime in Q1 2020. More details to come. Stay in touch.

Thanks for the information Nick and Brian,

Would the M27 go over a polish or wax.. or does it want the Surface prep used first? It sounds like the Consumer Liquid Hybrid Ceramic Was could be used over them .

Thanks

M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant would be used in place of a wax, or in other words as your main source of protection. It is not required to use M122 Surface Prep prior to it's use, although, it's not a bad idea. There would be no performance benefit/reason to use Hybrid Ceramic Wax Liquid over the top of M27, unless, an individual has their car detailed by a professional, that professional applies M27 as protection, and the individual wants to maintain protection on their own by applying Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax themselves. Hybrid Ceramic Detailer or Hybrid Ceramic Wax Spray would be great to maintain M27 or Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax, although our PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster will outperform consumer Hybrid Ceramic Detailer when it is used straight. Hybrid Ceramic Detailer has similar performance to PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster mixed at 1:3.

Anything for fiberglass? Currently using Flagship premium... Thx

Currently Flagship Premium Marine Wax is our most premium offering for Marine/RV Fiberglass & Gel Coat.

Yet another comparison question. What would be the most notable benefits over the old tried and true M21 Synthetic Sealant? Life cycle seems similar. Application looks to be the same process. Cost of M27 is slightly higher, to be expected. So, what do we get? Ceramic coating like water beads? Any better UV protection?

Although M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 can potentially last 6 months also, M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant is going to be a much stronger option due to it's true SiO2 base chemistry. Extreme water beading (higher volume of water beading + more spherical shaped water beads), self-cleaning (vehicle stays cleaner), easier washing & drying, more gloss/darkening, quicker & easier application, designed & tested for use on paint & PPF (Paint Protection Film), 0 residue/whitening on exterior non painted trim, again along with being a stronger, more durable option.

My ULW bottle is almost empty. How does this stand against that one if you compare what you get in terms of gloss etc. Should i aim for this as a replacement or stick with ULW?

Thought i had it clear once the blue bottle came out (HCW) but now there are to much to take in. Last yaer it was simple. "I stick with Ultimate line, cos that top notch for consumers". Now, i dont know this or that or both or something in between

Please reference my above response to HCAD.

Murr1525
Nov 11th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Thanks Nick, I might not have phrased that question completely right...

I also meant if a polish would be used before them and oils left on the surface, or if the paint should be bare.

Nick Winn
Nov 11th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Thanks Nick, I might not have phrased that question completely right...

I also meant if a polish would be used before them and oils left on the surface, or if the paint should be bare.

M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant can go right over a polish that was previously used & does not require the use of M122 Surface Prep Spray to prepare the surface.

Drmilr
Nov 12th, 2019, 05:13 AM
Will M27 stick to other products? Say it’s applied in the spring and maintained all summer with the blue bottle or bead booster. Before winter can another application of M27 be applied before the salt is flying or does it have to be polished off???

Nick Winn
Nov 12th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Will M27 stick to other products? Say it’s applied in the spring and maintained all summer with the blue bottle or bead booster. Before winter can another application of M27 be applied before the salt is flying or does it have to be polished off???

Yes, no special preparation required.

xilex
Nov 18th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Can a consumer use this instead of Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax? I read through both threads. The Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax you said apply to a panel, then wipe after 5 minutes, whereas this one you apply to entire vehicle. But Ceramic Sealant is more durable, which is why I would have preference for the sealant product. I guess question is how to choose which one as a regular consumer if I were doing my entire car? Thanks.

snozan
Nov 19th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Can a consumer use this instead of Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax? I read through both threads. The Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax you said apply to a panel, then wipe after 5 minutes, whereas this one you apply to entire vehicle. But Ceramic Sealant is more durable, which is why I would have preference for the sealant product. I guess question is how to choose which one as a regular consumer if I were doing my entire car? Thanks.

Exactly my thought aswell. To me the M27 seems like a refiend version of ultimate liquid wax (entire car, sun etc).

symmetrical
Nov 21st, 2019, 09:04 PM

If it's readily available to order through regular retailers, I don't see why not.

I also don't get why one would spend the money for HCLW when you can get this instead. More durable, seems easier to apply since you can do the whole car, and apparently has no down sides in comparison.

I guess the only real difference is you can walk into a Wal-mart and buy HCLW.

Nick Winn
Nov 22nd, 2019, 01:18 PM

Exactly my thought aswell. To me the M27 seems like a refiend version of ultimate liquid wax (entire car, sun etc).

If it's readily available to order through regular retailers, I don't see why not.

I also don't get why one would spend the money for HCLW when you can get this instead. More durable, seems easier to apply since you can do the whole car, and apparently has no down sides in comparison.

I guess the only real difference is you can walk into a Wal-mart and buy HCLW.

So a few thoughts comparing our new Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax VS. our new M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant. Both have same SiO2 backbone, but they are different products in the other ways they were built, as mentioned, the application, HCLW panel by panel, M27 requires minimum of 2 - 5 minutes prior to removal but can also be applied to whole vehicle, where Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax you want to wipe off panel by panel. M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant was built with a "gloss package" into the formula as well, where HCLW focuses mainly on advanced SiO2 technology in protection & ease of application. Some other things to consider, M2716 MSRP is $29.99 USD. HCLW 16 oz MSRP is $22.99 USD.

The other big factor to keep in mind is that our PRO product distribution is MUCH less when it comes to being able to buy the product in a brick & mortar location.

Both will be sold on-line as usual, so if you shop on-line for car care products, then to answer your question, yes, a consumer can certainly buy & apply M27. However, it does come at a higher price & not as readily available.

Hope this helps when trying to decide between the two.

symmetrical
Nov 22nd, 2019, 01:36 PM
So a few thoughts comparing our new Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax VS. our new M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant. Both have same SiO2 backbone, but they are different products in the other ways they were built, as mentioned, the application, HCLW panel by panel, M27 requires minimum of 2 - 5 minutes prior to removal but can also be applied to whole vehicle, where Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax you want to wipe off panel by panel. M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant was built with a "gloss package" into the formula as well, where HCLW focuses mainly on advanced SiO2 technology in protection & ease of application. Some other things to consider, M2716 MSRP is $29.99 USD. HCLW 16 oz MSRP is $22.99 USD.

The other big factor to keep in mind is that our PRO product distribution is MUCH less when it comes to being able to buy the product in a brick & mortar location.

Both will be sold on-line as usual, so if you shop on-line for car care products, then to answer your question, yes, a consumer can certainly buy & apply M27. However, it does come at a higher price & not as readily available.

Hope this helps when trying to decide between the two.

Thanks Nick, that does clarify it a bit. I almost want to say though, it sounds like nobody can go wrong with either one. (Knowing my crazy self I'm going to end up with both once they go on sale.) I'm almost done with my blue bottle of HCW and personally I really do not like the spray and rinse application method. I must be too old school for that process, so I was ecstatic to see these products announced.

Murr1525
Nov 22nd, 2019, 04:45 PM
Just so I understand....

So is that same durability for both + gloss for M27, or HCW is more durable and M27 more gloss?

snozan
Nov 23rd, 2019, 07:02 AM
Just so I understand....

So is that same durability for both + gloss for M27, or HCW is more durable and M27 more gloss?

I read about them both and my conclusion is that M27 is more like ULW then HCLW - i honestly cant see why i should chose HCLW over M27. Not if you read about them both

Nick Winn
Nov 25th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Just so I understand....

M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant is more durable than Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax plus M27 has more gloss.

snozan
Nov 25th, 2019, 07:19 AM
However, it does come at a higher price

We already pay like it would be gold for Meguiars products in Sweden. But hey they changed the price for HCW to $25,85 from $31.06 :D

So the retail price for M27 will be around $29,99 for a product that last longer will be absolutly no problem consider we pay $45,61 for a bottle of ULW

Conslusion, a high price dosent scare me. We're kinda used to pay for Meguiars products =)

2018 z71
Dec 4th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Nick

Can M27 be diluted with water to use as a maintenance topper / booster for itself? If so, will diluting affect the gloss level of M27 and what would be a good dilution ratio?

I saw there are other new maintenance products, like M799, but if M27 can be diluted to use as a booster, that would be my preferred choice.

2018 z71
Dec 4th, 2019, 07:33 PM
Nick

Can M27 be diluted with water to use as a maintenance topper / booster for itself? If so, will diluting affect the gloss level of M27 and what would be a good dilution ratio?

I saw there are other new maintenance products, like M799, but if M27 can be diluted to use as a booster, that would be my preferred choice.

I rewatched the the video and saw M27 was paste. Was thinking it was a liquid from watching the video the first time. No reply needed.

Nick Winn
Dec 5th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Nick

I rewatched the the video and saw M27 was paste. Was thinking it was a liquid from watching the video the first time. No reply needed.

We would not categorize M27 as a paste, it is a "liquid" but it is not a "spray-able liquid." I suppose it is a more "gel or lotion" type liquid. Thanks.

fordf150
Dec 7th, 2019, 10:24 AM
I'm curious as to how the marketing claims of durability are determined for your LSP products.

The reason I ask is first we had Paint Protect 365 which claims 365 days worth of durability. Next we had Ulitimate Fast Finish 100 car wash durability and protects for a full year. I know claims depend much on how the paint is prepped and cared for thereafter, i get that.

So now jump to 2020 and now we have a true SiO2 coating which claims 1 year protection and a SiO2 sealant with claims according to Nick of at least 6 months worth of protection. I guess I would have expected greater durability out of the new SiO2 products then the consumer products mentioned above?

Don't get me wrong as I have both Paint Protect 365 and ULT Fast Finish and think they do a admirable job and are easy to apply. My thinking is if I'm going to spend more money on something with SiO2 in it, hopefully gaining more durability, I would have expected something that claims durability greater than what I have already?

Again, this wasn't meant to slam the new SiO2 products but rather the confusing durability claims.

The Guz
Dec 7th, 2019, 11:46 AM
I'm curious as to how the marketing claims of durability are determined for your LSP products.

The reason I ask is first we had Paint Protect 365 which claims 365 days worth of durability. Next we had Ulitimate Fast Finish 100 car wash durability and protects for a full year. I know claims depend much on how the paint is prepped and cared for thereafter, i get that.

So now jump to 2020 and now we have a true SiO2 coating which claims 1 year protection and a SiO2 sealant with claims according to Nick of at least 6 months worth of protection. I guess I would have expected greater durability out of the new SiO2 products then the consumer products mentioned above?

Don't get me wrong as I have both Paint Protect 365 and ULT Fast Finish and think they do a admirable job and are easy to apply. My thinking is if I'm going to spend more money on something with SiO2 in it, hopefully gaining more durability, I would have expected something that claims durability greater than what I have already?

Again, this wasn't meant to slam the new SiO2 products but rather the confusing durability claims.

There are many factors that affect durability of any product. An SiO2 product or SiO2 infused product will give a better gloss, have a better self cleaning affect and better chemical resistance than a synthetic/polymer product in most cases.

HCAD
Dec 7th, 2019, 05:12 PM

There are many factors that affect durability of any product. An SiO2 product or SiO2 infused product will give a better gloss, have a better self cleaning affect and better chemical resistance than a synthetic/polymer product in most cases.

Guz, sounds like marketing for value, not durability. And with that I add, "better gloss" and "better chemical resistance" are subjective in my opinion. I agree whole heartedly on the increased "self cleaning" or ease of cleaning. That's convincing the first time you wash a coated vehicle. But what about "durability"? Again in my opinion, it's just a sales and marketing tool. No two companies will likely use the same process to determine longevity. So where's the accuracy in comparisons? I'd offer that there really isn't one. A new start up company can shoot out wild claims that their coating will last 5 years and the proof in that statement may or may not ever be challenged. I personally like the conservative estimates that Meguiar's uses. That new start up company claiming outlandish longevity from their coating likely will not, no, almost absolutely, will never see the 100 year mark in business that Meguiar's can boast. So, enjoy the value of a SiO2 coating, and take the durability as a bonus.

fordf150
Dec 8th, 2019, 08:58 AM
There are many factors that affect durability of any product

I get that.

An SiO2 product or SiO2 infused product will give a better gloss, have a better self cleaning affect and better chemical resistance than a synthetic/polymer product in most cases.

No where in the product labeling nor in discussions here has it been mentioned that the SiO2 products are the most durable. If they are, the claims don't support that. So it would seem the main advantages with SiO2 is better gloss, better cleaning affect and possibly beading/slickness?? Chemical resistance would be categorized as durability IMO.

fordf150
Dec 8th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Guz, sounds like marketing for value, not durability. And with that I add, "better gloss" and "better chemical resistance" are subjective in my opinion.

Yep, that's what I get from this as well.

tjpowell
Jan 25th, 2020, 06:54 PM
Why would you choose to do M27 verses M788 (Deep Crystal Ceramic). What are the pros and cons of these? Thanks

Nick Winn
Jan 27th, 2020, 11:53 AM
Why would you choose to do M27 verses M788 (Deep Crystal Ceramic). What are the pros and cons of these? Thanks

Even though our M788 Deep Crystal Ceramic Paint Coating is going to be easy to apply, it is still a MUCH more involved & time consuming process than M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant.

tjpowell
Jan 27th, 2020, 01:38 PM
Even though our M788 Deep Crystal Ceramic Paint Coating is going to be easy to apply, it is still a MUCH more involved & time consuming process than M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I missed it, but is there a list of steps that need to be taken to apply the M788?

atikovi
Jan 27th, 2020, 06:35 PM
When will M27 be available?

Nick Winn
Jan 28th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info. Maybe I missed it, but is there a list of steps that need to be taken to apply the M788?

The final directions & info is coming out very soon, by end of February.

When will M27 be available?

You should be able to have it in your hand by end of February.

davey g-force
Jan 28th, 2020, 12:41 PM
Can't wait to try this - hopefully it comes to Australia!

tjpowell
Jan 28th, 2020, 03:04 PM
The final directions & info is coming out very soon, by end of February.

Thanks, I look forward to reading them.

tjpowell
Feb 4th, 2020, 03:40 PM
I see that M27 is hitting retailers now!

symmetrical
Feb 4th, 2020, 03:44 PM
I see that M27 is hitting retailers now!

Oh where do you see?

tjpowell
Feb 4th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Oh where do you see?

Detailed Image has the 1 gal size in stock (https://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=97354&url=detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M43/Pro-Hybrid-Ceramic-Sealant-M27-P2129/128-oz-S2/)

symmetrical
Feb 4th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Detailed Image has the 1 gal size in stock (https://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=97354&url=detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M43/Pro-Hybrid-Ceramic-Sealant-M27-P2129/128-oz-S2/)

That is awesome, thanks! Though I don't need the gallon size lol. I'll wait for the 16oz which should be plenty for me.

thedawg
Feb 22nd, 2020, 02:31 PM
That is awesome, thanks! Though I don't need the gallon size lol. I'll wait for the 16oz which should be plenty for me.

To use the sealant is there a prep process to be gone beforehand? Do I use the new ceramic clay kit? Apologies if this was mentioned already just don

The Guz
Feb 22nd, 2020, 09:09 PM
To use the sealant is there a prep process to be gone beforehand? Do I use the new ceramic clay kit? Apologies if this was mentioned already just don

You will have to determine if you need to clay. Calying has the potential to marr the finish which is removed by polishing. With regards to prep see this post.

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?69242-Meguiar-s-M27-PRO-Hybrid-Ceramic-Sealant&p=593327&viewfull=1#post593327

Vettefan
Feb 28th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Can M27 be applied over a wax like ULW, M26 or M06 Cleaner/Wax?

Vettefan

davey g-force
Feb 29th, 2020, 06:41 PM
^^ Good question, I'd like to know too!

BillE
Mar 1st, 2020, 10:14 AM
Curious...how well will the "new" Ult Qwax and Ult Detailer 'play' with M-27?

Thinking both as a drying aid and maintenance product.

Gotta be honest, really trying to get my head around to figure the 'ceramic' products and I'm just to get figured it all out. Old age it REALLY getting in the way.

Thanx...

Bill

Vettefan
Mar 1st, 2020, 11:37 AM
Agree!!! I have read the instructions on the bottle of M27 about 4 times. Sounds like (if I am understanding it correctly) that M27 should be used over a clear & cleaned (with clay) finish .

I see nothing that says "DO NOT use over a previously applied wax".

Meguiars... please clear this up for us!

vettefan

Gotta be honest, really trying to get my head around to figure the 'ceramic' products and I'm just to get figured it all out. Old age it REALLY getting in the way.

Thanx...

Bill

symmetrical
Mar 1st, 2020, 08:36 PM
If anyone is interested, a reseller on Amazon is now selling it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0856WP4C8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one and should come in between the 5th and 10th.

symmetrical
Mar 1st, 2020, 08:38 PM

Thanx...

Bill

I wouldn't use either products over it cause whatever you use on top, it will have the properties of the product on top.

I think if you needed a drying aid for this, you should pick up Bead Booster or Hybrid Ceramic Detailer.

BillE
Mar 2nd, 2020, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't use either products over it cause whatever you use on top, it will have the properties of the product on top.

I think if you needed a drying aid for this, you should pick up Bead Booster or Hybrid Ceramic Detailer.

Have to agree. Just trying to not have to keep buying new product(s) when (if possible) what I have on hand will be worth using.

We use both QD and QW throughout the house (along with the vehicles), so needless to say we're fat on that. Plus we (she'll) be picking up the 'new and improved' version when they hit the shelves (just about out of both).

Thanx...

Bill

symmetrical
Mar 2nd, 2020, 01:38 PM
Have to agree. Just trying to not have to keep buying new product(s) when (if possible) what I have on hand will be worth using.

We use both QD and QW throughout the house (along with the vehicles), so needless to say we're fat on that. Plus we (she'll) be picking up the 'new and improved' version when they hit the shelves (just about out of both).

Thanx...

Bill

Agreed, I still have so much D156 left. Also two tins of Ultimate Paste Wax. Might just sell it on the cheap or gift them lol

pcfxer
Mar 4th, 2020, 06:17 AM
Agreed, I still have so much D156 left. Also two tins of Ultimate Paste Wax. Might just sell it on the cheap or gift them lol

I've been waxing the sinks, showers and any glossy surfaces I can find around the house. Even good old Cleaner wax is doing a great job lol.

Jonesey
Mar 4th, 2020, 12:30 PM
I've been waxing the sinks, showers and any glossy surfaces I can find around the house. Even good old Cleaner wax is doing a great job lol.

Good to see I'm not the only one who does this!! Just ordered some M27, should have it friday afternoon. Guess I know what I'm doing Saturday....as long as it stops raining for a while!!!!

The Guz
Mar 13th, 2020, 05:27 PM
I picked up a bottle of this to compare it Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax, Ultimate Liquid Wax and M21. From my initial impression the application is really nice and the wipe off is easy. The self leveling technology is pretty good to aid in wipe off. HCLW seems to have it as well. It is slick but comparing it to HCLW, HCLW seems slicker upon wipe off. Also in terms of paint darkening ULW does more followed by M21 and M27. It is really close between M21 and M27. Review pending.

davey g-force
Mar 15th, 2020, 03:10 PM
I picked up a bottle of this to compare it Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax, Ultimate Liquid Wax and M21. From my initial impression the application is really nice and the wipe off is easy. The self leveling technology is pretty good to aid in wipe off. HCLW seems to have it as well. It is slick but comparing it to HCLW, HCLW seems slicker upon wipe off. Also in terms of paint darkening ULW does more followed by M21 and M27. It is really close between M21 and M27. Review pending.

Thanks Michael!

BillE
Mar 16th, 2020, 04:04 AM

Much appreciated Michael!

Thanx!

Bill

Nick Winn
Mar 16th, 2020, 10:58 AM

Thanks for sharing!

Mar 27th, 2020, 04:57 AM
Quick question for you all. I'm still getting caught up on the whole ceramic product line. I understand a true coating like M788 is going to have better longevity and more durability over M27, but would it be fair to say M27 will be more versatile to use and to adjust "looks" due to being able to apply M27 over polish oils where M788 and other true coats require panels to be striped of polishing oils?

symmetrical
Mar 27th, 2020, 06:43 AM
Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep
Quick question for you all. I'm still getting caught up on the whole ceramic product line. I understand a true coating like M788 is going to have better longevity and more durability over M27, but would it be fair to say M27 will be more versatile to use and to adjust "looks" due to being able to apply M27 over polish oils where M788 and other true coats require panels to be striped of polishing oils?

It's best not to compare the two products IMO. But M27 would still be best applied over a prepped surface, with any residual polish oils removed. That's what "Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep" is intended to help do before application. Don't get caught up in the weird messaging that M27 can be applied over anything. In fact, on the bottle itself the instructions say to apply to a fully prep surface for best results.

Mar 27th, 2020, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=symmetrical;594323]Meguiar

Mar 27th, 2020, 08:10 AM
Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep

It's best not to compare the two products IMO. But M27 would still be best applied over a prepped surface, with any residual polish oils removed. That's what "Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep" is intended to help do before application. Don't get caught up in the weird messaging that M27 can be applied over anything. In fact, on the bottle itself the instructions say to apply to a fully prep surface for best results.
so when I use M21, i would polish vehicle but would leave the polishing oils and consider that a prepped surface. What your saying is any ceramic product should have the polishing oils removed to truly be a prepped surface. Is that correct?

symmetrical
Mar 27th, 2020, 08:22 AM
so when I use M21, i would polish vehicle but would leave the polishing oils and consider that a prepped surface. What your saying is any ceramic product should have the polishing oils removed to truly be a prepped surface. Is that correct?

Yes actually the old tried and true method still applies even to ceramic products, which is prep the surface (polish as you said) and then follow up with some sort of IPA or meguiars surface prep to remove the residual oils. That way when you apply M27, it bonds to the bare paint making it perform and last much longer.

The advertising from Meguiars have been a little confusing, since their consumer "Hybrid Ceramic Wax" and "Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax" says you can apply over any surface including previously applied sealants. But I don't think that's best if you want the best results. Hope that helps

Mar 27th, 2020, 08:34 AM
thank you

thedawg
Mar 29th, 2020, 12:18 PM
I have a 2018 Tacoma that I clayed and then used Ultimate wax on about 2 months ago and periodically using P&S Beadmaker to enhance gloss. I want to use this sealant. So will I now have to use the Meguiar surface prep to remove what I have used now? Thanks

accordhybrid
Apr 24th, 2020, 01:56 PM
What have you guys found is the best way to apply M27, by hand with a foam or microfiber application pad or DA with a black foam pad or microfiber pad? I am currently prepping my surface and will be applying M27 this weekend.

HCAD
Apr 25th, 2020, 04:42 AM
I have a 2018 Tacoma that I clayed and then used Ultimate wax on about 2 months ago and periodically using P&S Beadmaker to enhance gloss. I want to use this sealant. So will I now have to use the Meguiar surface prep to remove what I have used now? Thanks

I would think you're fine just to clay the surface completely before applying the M27.

What have you guys found is the best way to apply M27, by hand with a foam or microfiber application pad or DA with a black foam pad or microfiber pad? I am currently prepping my surface and will be applying M27 this weekend.

If you have a DA I can't imagine you would ever go back to applying wax/sealants by hand. Would you? My method is with the black pad and a DA. Be warned, it takes some getting used to. You'll want a consistent pattern that you use to cover an area, kind of like cutting grass, you don't just go wild and run the machine all over the area. It WILL disappear, especially if you have a light color.

accordhybrid
Apr 25th, 2020, 07:54 AM
If you have a DA I can't imagine you would ever go back to applying wax/sealants by hand. Would you? My method is with the black pad and a DA. Be warned, it takes some getting used to. You'll want a consistent pattern that you use to cover an area, kind of like cutting grass, you don't just go wild and run the machine all over the area. It WILL disappear, especially if you have a light color.

Thank you for your response. I would prefer to apply by DA, but for some of the reasons you mentioned and my first time using it; I wasn't sure if applying by hand would be better. This is being applied to a silver car. I'll take a shot at it with the DA and a black foam pad.

lig
Apr 25th, 2020, 10:04 AM
I used a DA both a black pad and a foam applicator for smaller areas. Simply clayed over a fairly fresh coat of Klasse AIO. Worked a treat on a dark color (Nori Green) It’s been very rainy since and the beading is intense.

Very easy to apply and remove.

The Guz
Apr 25th, 2020, 11:24 AM

The surface prep may or may not remove what is already on the surface. It may degrade it. A light polish will definitely remove what you have.

Would you have issues using the surface prep and then sealing? No other than you might not get the max longevity out of it whatever that may be in your environment.

It is personal preference. Try both ways and see what method you prefer.

accordhybrid
Apr 26th, 2020, 07:08 AM
I ended up applying my hand. I did half the hood by hand and the other half by machine. I felt I had more control and could keep a better eye on where I spread the sealant. Thank you all for your suggestions.

thedoc46
Apr 29th, 2020, 03:44 PM

i just use a microfiber pad. 4 dots per panel and go around the car with the bottle in my hand. Takes no time at all. I do have a Meguiars DA, along with both the MF and Foam pads, but unless i'm doing a correction, i don't use it. Too much work getting it all out, and the extension cable.. Making sure the cable is not in the way.. This stuff goes on so easy, by the time i've unraveled the extension cable, i've already got half the car done by hand if using a hand held microfiber pad.

Be warned / or happy depending on how you like things to work, this stuff literally disappears after a few mins. So keep track of panels you've already buffed off. Even on a black car, i had to look twice sometimes to say where's it gone ? lol Its very very easy to work with. Didn't give me any issues, and is probably the easiest product i've ever used. Most importantly it gave me that proud feeling after looking at the reflections. I gave it the slick test, and its as slick as any of the products out there who are renowned at being the 'slickest'

symmetrical
May 3rd, 2020, 06:37 PM
Anybody have any opinions how many layers for this stuff? Or is the old Meguiars motto of "Just two layers to ensure even coverage" still apply?

510GUY
May 4th, 2020, 10:44 PM
Technically any of our washes would be fine, but if you choose a wash with wax in it like our Ultimate Wash & Wax you will likely knock down the water beading effects of the Hybrid Ceramic products you have on the surface. So sticking with something like our Gold Class Wash would make sense.

Nick,

Can I use Shampoo Plus followed by M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant and then M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster as needed on my wrapped car?

Thank you.

Nick Winn
May 6th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Nick,

Can I use Shampoo Plus followed by M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant and then M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster as needed on my wrapped car?

Thank you.

Yes, is your car glossy? It should be for applying M27. I believe 799 can be used on matte wrap, will have to double check.

Jeffola
May 7th, 2020, 07:20 AM
OK, I want to ensure I have all my facts so lets get this straight.

M27 is a sealant, lasts about 6 months in comparison to the M788 which is a year
M27 should be applied using a foam finishing pad on the DA, but you can also hand apply
M27 is ok to use in direct sunlight, and won't harm any exterior plastics it comes in contact with.
To apply M27, Clay bar the vehicle for best results OR use M122 to clean off any leftovers from wax or polish?
You can wax or polish or seal OVER M27?

Over all the other products you make, and it seems every day there are more, what is the down side to this?

This seems like the only tradeoff to "traditional" ceramic is that it only lasts 6 months.

Just bought my DA recently, and used the DMC and DMF discs to cut and finish my sons 2017 Escape, which we had clay bar'd a few weeks ago. The results were stunning, simply stunning. This M27 will go over that, and provide protection and enhanced beading?

I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger. It seems too good to be true.....

Of course last year that was the story with the G1905256, which was a PIA for first application and easy on the subsequent, but it didn't have the CERAMIC finish that other real ceramic products have.

Thanks in advance.

symmetrical
May 11th, 2020, 10:43 AM
OK, I want to ensure I have all my facts so lets get this straight.

M27 is a sealant, lasts about 6 months in comparison to the M788 which is a year
M27 should be applied using a foam finishing pad on the DA, but you can also hand apply
M27 is ok to use in direct sunlight, and won't harm any exterior plastics it comes in contact with.
To apply M27, Clay bar the vehicle for best results OR use M122 to clean off any leftovers from wax or polish?
You can wax or polish or seal OVER M27?

Over all the other products you make, and it seems every day there are more, what is the down side to this?

This seems like the only tradeoff to "traditional" ceramic is that it only lasts 6 months.

Just bought my DA recently, and used the DMC and DMF discs to cut and finish my sons 2017 Escape, which we had clay bar'd a few weeks ago. The results were stunning, simply stunning. This M27 will go over that, and provide protection and enhanced beading?

I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger. It seems too good to be true.....

Of course last year that was the story with the G1905256, which was a PIA for first application and easy on the subsequent, but it didn't have the CERAMIC finish that other real ceramic products have.

Thanks in advance.

Everything looks good to me except "You can wax or polish or seal OVER M27?"

Putting any kind of wax or other sealant over M27, it will negate the benefits of M27, which is very crazy water beading and protection characteristics. The general consensus, whatever you put on top, it will take on the characteristic of that product, not the one below.
Also if you Polish, you're just going to remove M27, so you definitely don't want to do that.

Also this being compared to "G1905256" or Hybrid Ceramic Wax in the blue bottle. M27 to me is superior from my personal testing in terms of tighter water beads, and gloss.

Jeffola
May 11th, 2020, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much. The bottle arrived Saturday! I will coat my first victim shortly. I had just done a clay bar, Light cut compound and finish using my new DA3000. The DFF 5" came yesterday.

symmetrical
May 11th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Thank you so much. The bottle arrived Saturday! I will coat my first victim shortly. I had just done a clay bar, Light cut compound and finish using my new DA3000. The DFF 5" came yesterday.

No problem, enjoy it!

There is only ONE thing I really don't like about M27 but it's sorta minor. The "self-leveling" technology makes it really difficult to see where you've applied, especially on lighter colored cars. (I recently did my white Subaru WRX) and it was a pita to remember where I've already applied. So the best method seems to be, do one panel or two panels at a time. I wish there was some sort of Dye or something you can put into this stuff so that it's easier to see.

pinoysurf
May 18th, 2020, 11:46 AM
I am going to clay, polish and finish with M27. Is there any advantage to clay with the Ceramic Detailer or do I just use the Quick Detailer that came in the kit?

davey g-force
May 18th, 2020, 12:34 PM
^^ Great question. Hopefully someone chimes in soon..

In my opinion, it would be seen as a waste of the more expensive ceramic detailer, as you would only remove it later during the polishing step.

pinoysurf
May 18th, 2020, 05:20 PM
In my opinion, it would be seen as a waste of the more expensive ceramic detailer, as you would only remove it later during the polishing step.

Ahhh...that is very true.

lig
May 20th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Now that it has rained a bunch I’m pretty sure there’s no chance M27 will last 6 months. The car is outside and is a daily. I’d be fine with three months under those conditions.

I am impressed with the protection so far and that was the primary goal. Bird **** - no problem. Tree sap took some work to remove but didn’t harm the paint. I’m happy.

brianrb100
May 20th, 2020, 05:42 PM
I used the M27 on my 4runner and was very pleased with the results. I would like to put a spray product on after I wash. What would the most appropriate product be? I'm thinking the M799 bead booster. Would I apply it full strength? Or would the D156 synthetic wax work better?

symmetrical
May 20th, 2020, 06:12 PM
I used the M27 on my 4runner and was very pleased with the results. I would like to put a spray product on after I wash. What would the most appropriate product be? I'm thinking the M799 bead booster. Would I apply it full strength? Or would the D156 synthetic wax work better?

For sure if you can get your hands on M799 I'd use that. Otherwise hybrid ceramic detailer would probably be ok too. You want to keep the self-cleaning and crazy water beading behaviors of the ceramic products, I think D156 will reduce that.

atikovi
Jun 14th, 2020, 02:06 PM
1) Any problem putting this on glass? I just clayed a pano roof and applied it by hand. Waited 10-15 minutes wiped off with MF towel. That was a struggle. The haze is difficult to remove and takes a lot of pressure.

2) Applied to the hood after clay, M110 and 83. First by hand. Buffing off the residue with a MF towel was very difficult. Thought I would dent the hood I had to press so hard and the streaks and residue still wouldn't come off. They I reapplied with a DA on a yellow foam pad. It was little better to take off but still couldn't buff off completely.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like it would take 3 hours of hard labor to do a car. I've been using Ultimate Fast Finish which is SO much easier and quicker. How much more gloss and durability does M27 have to make the application worth it?

atikovi
Jun 15th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Did the trunk and the product left this residue using the DA.

http://www.fototime.com/0355A26D84D976A/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/F6D0A6CA20A7E62/large.jpg

davey g-force
Jun 15th, 2020, 12:39 PM
^ Looks like clear coat failure to me! :nervous1:sosad1

atikovi
Jun 15th, 2020, 12:46 PM
No it just the sealant. Buffed it off but takes a lot of muscle.

symmetrical
Jun 15th, 2020, 01:17 PM
The surface looks neglected, I'm guessing the sealant just gunked up underneath because of the heat of the DA and liquid in the sealant.

Edit: Sorry looks like you mentioned the issue even after claying and using a polish. Maybe something with humidity causing the issues? Not sure

HCAD
Jun 18th, 2020, 03:31 AM
1) Any problem putting this on glass? I just clayed a pano roof and applied it by hand. Waited 10-15 minutes wiped off with MF towel. That was a struggle. The haze is difficult to remove and takes a lot of pressure.

2) Applied to the hood after clay, M110 and 83. First by hand. Buffing off the residue with a MF towel was very difficult. Thought I would dent the hood I had to press so hard and the streaks and residue still wouldn't come off. They I reapplied with a DA on a yellow foam pad. It was little better to take off but still couldn't buff off completely.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like it would take 3 hours of hard labor to do a car. I've been using Ultimate Fast Finish which is SO much easier and quicker. How much more gloss and durability does M27 have to make the application worth it?

Did the trunk and the product left this residue using the DA.

I'm guessing you've applied the product too heavy atikovi. Too answer your initial question, yes, I use it on glass. But my first couple of applications with M27 went more like yours I think. It seemed to constantly smear on the glass, like I wasn't able to remove it. After several cars, and trying different amounts, the best process for me is backing off on how much I apply, use great lighting. It takes some getting used to the fact that the "self leveling" feature with this product really means that it should all but disappear within minutes of spreading it on a panel, or glass. The circle of product in your pic looks like leftover water droplets left behind when you've applied to much. On your next attempt, I'd recommend with your DA, lessen the amount dramatically and go over a panel several times until the majority of the product is gone. You'll see it spread initially but it will be gone seconds later. Done correctly, you really don't have much, if anything, to wipe off.

davey g-force
Jun 20th, 2020, 02:01 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked.

What is more durable and easier to use - this or the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax?

Jakepointoh
Jul 4th, 2020, 04:09 PM
I am very happy to read its able to be applied in direct sunlight. I rushed this am to apply it before the sun came over the house lol. Anyway, my question lies in its cure time. How necessary is it to cure for the full 24hrs? As mentioned, I applied it this morning, by hand, and its been pouring since about 4pm. Ive yet to apply a secondary coat or even a coat of the HCLW. Just not too sure where to go from here. Hopefully I