PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Detailer RTU - Hyper Dressing

Nick Winn
Oct 30th, 2019, 01:54 PM
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2691/medium/Meguiars_Detailer_Custom_.PNG

Meguiar's Detailer RTU - Hyper Dressing (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?69246-Meguiar-s-Detailer-RTU-Hyper-Dressing)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2691/DRTU17032_HyperDressing_pres_Custom_.png

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing produces a high shine finish on non-painted rubber, plastic, or vinyl on interior or exterior surfaces. Safe and effective on non-painted plastic and rubber engine components, tires, wheel compartments, as well as interior and exterior trim.

Versatile, water-based formula provides shine to rubber, plastic & vinyl surfaces
Creates a rich, high shine finish
Easy to use formula: spray on, wipe off
Use on interior & exterior surface such as dashboards, door panels, tires, trim & wheel wells
Ready to Use (RTU)

Meguiar's Detailer RTU - Hyper Dressing
Product Number: DRTU17032
Size: 32 fl oz
MSRP: $16.99

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:14 AM
So I'll just drop this here for all the RTUs since I love my Hyper Dressing... Are all of these RTUs being designed as something that would be available in stores such as Walmart or the car parts stores or is it still like the rest of the Detailer line where it is bought either directly from MeguiarsDirect or from a specialty store?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:32 AM
So I'll just drop this here for all the RTUs since I love my Hyper Dressing... Are all of these RTUs being designed as something that would be available in stores such as Walmart or the car parts stores or is it still like the rest of the Detailer line where it is bought either directly from MeguiarsDirect or from a specialty store?

Yes, exactly, for right now these will be available exclusively to I believe O'Reilly Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and AutoZone. They will not be sold on MeguiarsDirect.com, traditional pro distribution, or any other on-line retailers, for now.

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Awesome. When I live here in NM I have an O'Reillys in town, when I go back to VA I have a Pep Boys in town. Now I don't have to cart my stuff back to VA with me every time I go home. Thanks for the info Nick.
-Rob

Setec Astronomy
Nov 5th, 2019, 12:24 PM
So these "RTU" products are in the same concentration as the gallon version?

bowlerr
Nov 5th, 2019, 12:54 PM
It's probably just set to one of the concentrations, since the Hyper Dressing has I believe three or four listed dilutions plus you can do like I do on my tires and do it straight. So it would just be a matter of which concentration it is.

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Correction this will be available for now exclusively at O'Reilly Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and AutoZone.

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2019, 02:48 PM
So these "RTU" products are in the same concentration as the gallon version?

It's probably just set to one of the concentrations, since the Hyper Dressing has I believe three or four listed dilutions plus you can do like I do on my tires and do it straight. So it would just be a matter of which concentration it is.

These are ready to use at specific mixes, this Hyper Dressing is the same as the gallon size concentrate at the 1:1 mix.

pcfxer
Nov 25th, 2019, 05:25 AM
These are ready to use at specific mixes, this Hyper Dressing is the same as the gallon size concentrate at the 1:1 mix.

Very smart.

topblissgt
Jan 22nd, 2020, 05:34 PM
hi Nick, we use the all season dressing and LOVE it. How does the Hyper dressing compare to it?

Brian Hann
Jan 23rd, 2020, 01:48 PM
hi Nick, we use the all season dressing and LOVE it. How does the Hyper dressing compare to it?

Hyper Dressing is water based and more versatile. Very popular for interior/exterior use and can be diluted to your shine preference.

All Season is a higher gloss solvent base and only designed for exterior use. All Season will hold up longer to the elements.

topblissgt
Jan 23rd, 2020, 03:29 PM
thanks Brian

Poet93
Apr 18th, 2020, 04:20 AM
Hello. I just recently purchased a bottle of the RTU Hyper Dressing. However, the 1:1 dilution ratio has a bit too much shine for my desired use. Question: How do I open the RTU bottle to dilute the product in a secondary container? Thank you.

Nick Winn
Apr 20th, 2020, 06:14 AM
Hello. I just recently purchased a bottle of the RTU Hyper Dressing. However, the 1:1 dilution ratio has a bit too much shine for my desired use. Question: How do I open the RTU bottle to dilute the product in a secondary container? Thank you.

It is not really designed to be easily opened, it has a locking neck for various reasons. A big pair of pliers should do it.

thedoc46
Apr 23rd, 2020, 05:23 AM
I love hyper dressing. I use it for all my tire dressings and wheel arches. 1:1 For the tires, i never did find the answer. Does it provide any UV protection ? Does it help preserve the life of the rubber.

Nick Winn
Apr 24th, 2020, 01:33 PM
I love hyper dressing. I use it for all my tire dressings and wheel arches. 1:1 For the tires, i never did find the answer. Does it provide any UV protection ? Does it help preserve the life of the rubber.

Hi thedoc46,

Yes it does protect against the sun & also does help preserve the surface it is being applied to, whether, vinyl, plastic, or rubber, but it does not specifically have "UV" inhibitors in the product.

Vettefan
Feb 19th, 2021, 08:25 AM

Nick, Just want to clarify... Hyper Dressing in the gallon is NOT already deluted to 1:1... correct? In order to make it a delution of 1:1, I would need to add an equal amount of water to my secondary bottle. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Vettefan

Brian Hann
Feb 19th, 2021, 08:30 AM
That is correct. Hyper Dressing in a gallon (D17001) is not diluted.

Yes, if you want a dilution ratio of 1:1 that is equivalent to 50% water and 50% product.

Vettefan
Feb 19th, 2021, 09:10 AM
That is correct. Hyper Dressing in a gallon (D17001) is not diluted.

Yes, if you want a dilution ratio of 1:1 that is equivalent to 50% water and 50% product.

Super! Thank you Brian for the clarification for me. Appreciate it!

Vettefan