PDA

View Full Version : M27 over Wax?

Vettefan
Mar 12th, 2020, 01:21 PM
Can M27 be applied over wax or should it only be applied over freshly cleaned paint?

Vettefan

Murr1525
Mar 16th, 2020, 05:40 AM
I believe the hybrid products can be applied over wax, but the most benefit would be on paint.

The Guz
Mar 16th, 2020, 07:43 AM
It is a stand alone form of protection and it would perform better on paint as the first layer. On the back of the bottle, Meguiar's has a statement where they mention for best results use their D1801 iron decon, clay, at least a one step correction (aka polishing) and then apply.

Now if you are applying it over an all in one then yes it can be done but its longevity will be slightly affected.

Nick Winn
Mar 16th, 2020, 10:06 AM
It is a stand alone form of protection and it would perform better on paint as the first layer. On the back of the bottle, Meguiar's has a statement where they mention for best results use their D1801 iron decon, clay, at least a one step correction (aka polishing) and then apply.

Now if you are applying it over an all in one then yes it can be done but its longevity will be slightly affected.

I second The Guz's comments and also wanted to mention to remember, if one decides to apply a non SiO2 based product over a SiO2 product like our M27, the water beading characteristics of the M27 (in this example) will be diminished. For example, if someone applies M27, then applies a product like our M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax over the top, the water beading characteristics will reflect the M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax.

Vettefan
Mar 16th, 2020, 01:00 PM
Just to clarity... M27 should be applied over fresh clean paint. Applying a wax first, THEN M27 Sealant afterwords is not recommended for best results.

Correct?

I second The Guz's comments and also wanted to mention to remember, if one decides to apply a non SiO2 based product over a SiO2 product like our M27, the water beading characteristics of the M27 (in this example) will be diminished. For example, if someone applies M27, then applies a product like our M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax over the top, the water beading characteristics will reflect the M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax.

Nick Winn
Mar 18th, 2020, 07:51 AM
Just to clarity... M27 should be applied over fresh clean paint. Applying a wax first, THEN M27 Sealant afterwords is not recommended for best results.

Correct?

Correct, and I would add a bit more, applied to "fresh clean & polished paint", for best results.

Vettefan
Mar 18th, 2020, 08:14 AM
Super! Thanks Nick for again clearing me up.
Vettefan

Correct, and I would add a bit more, applied to "fresh clean & polished paint", for best results.