PDA

View Full Version : Boats Gel Coat

Doppler
Sep 23rd, 2020, 08:26 AM
Hello Nik, Would a Ceramic coating work on a boats gel coat? My gut tells me the gel coat might be to porous.

Nick Winn
Sep 24th, 2020, 06:34 AM
Hi Doppler, in general, yes there are Ceramic Coatings made for boats.

Doppler
Sep 24th, 2020, 10:46 AM
I spoke with Harvey Wills, long time marine industry friend. He has had good success with spray on-rinse off Meguiar's Ceramic on his boat. He going to give me a bootle so that I can try it out.

Nick Winn
Sep 29th, 2020, 07:29 AM
I spoke with Harvey Wills, long time marine industry friend. He has had good success with spray on-rinse off Meguiar's Ceramic on his boat. He going to give me a bootle so that I can try it out.

Great, & yes we have as well.

Doppler
Oct 1st, 2020, 07:34 AM
Hello Nick, Harvey Wills has gone out of his way to answer my questions and even came down to the boat. For conversation sake, Are they're contaminants on a boats gel coat, boat that is kept in the water, that should be removed before compound/polishing/wax? I am thinking of using a clay bar on my gel coat before going through the three steps? After an hour of conversation, on the dock with Harvey, on what recommendation I should make to my friend we circled back and I plan on buying Meguairs boat soap. Wondering how would my Meguiars car soap work on my boat?

Regards
Len Bose