PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Ultimate Wax Upgrades - New Formulas & New Packaging

Nick Winn
Oct 31st, 2020, 10:05 AM
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax Upgrades - New Formulas & New Packaging
2021 New Products - Announced November 2nd, 2020

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2699/G210516_UltLiquidWax_Hero_pres_Custom_1_.png http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2699/G210608_UltPasteWax_Hero_pres_Custom_.png

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Upgrades - New Formulas & New Packaging

ALL NEW Polymer Package for better durability & improved user experience

Part Number: G210516
Size: 16 oz
MSRP: $24.99 US

Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax - Upgrades - New Formulas & New Packaging

ALL NEW Polymer Package for better durability & improved user experience

Part Number: G210608
Size: 8 oz (formerly 11oz)
MSRP: $24.99 US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4WHTfkVGkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWC3BPKVGrM

rapport25
Nov 4th, 2020, 08:03 AM
Hi Nick,

Please can you give more info.

UW old vs UW new?

Thanks

Nick Winn
Nov 4th, 2020, 08:50 AM
Hi Nick,

Please can you give more info.

UW old vs UW new?

Thanks

Hi there,

Both formats are easier to use in terms of application and wipe off, gloss is better, and slickness is improved.

rapport25
Nov 4th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Hi there,

Both formats are easier to use in terms of application and wipe off, gloss is better, and slickness is improved.

Thanks Nick.

Looking forward to trying this out.

I noted above, it talks about improved durabilty.

Please can you explain more?

smack
Nov 4th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Nice to see an update to the liquid and paste version to go along with last years updated Ultimate spray products

drumdan
Nov 9th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Hi there,

Wow.

I thought that last update was a boost!

Nick Winn
Nov 10th, 2020, 06:53 AM
Nice to see an update to the liquid and paste version to go along with last years updated Ultimate spray products

Wow.

I thought that last update was a boost!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

greg0303
Dec 2nd, 2020, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Paste Wax has been one of my favorite waxes since its introduction. It kind of filled the gap left by M16, even though it's synthetic not natural.
I'll try its new version for sure when it becomes available.

Nick Winn
Dec 3rd, 2020, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Paste Wax has been one of my favorite waxes since its introduction. It kind of filled the gap left by M16, even though it's synthetic not natural.
I'll try its new version for sure when it becomes available.

Hi greg! I agree with you, Ultimate Paste Wax is a standard among myself & many others here at Meguiar's. I actually haven't had a chance to try this new formula out yet (hard to get the lab samples at times), but have heard great things & it is apparently a major overhaul.

greg0303
Dec 5th, 2020, 06:22 PM
Hi Nick,
I hope all is well.
Now you've got me even more excited about upgraded Ultimate Paste Wax :-)

rapport25
Dec 8th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Hi Nick,
I hope all is well.
Now you've got me even more excited about upgraded Ultimate Paste Wax :-)

Same here!

Hi Gregg, long time no speak.

Franco76
Dec 9th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone. New guy from Delaware here. Question, will the updated version still not stain trim? Thank you.

Franco76
Dec 9th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Sorry, I meant the liquid version.

Nick Winn
Dec 15th, 2020, 09:18 AM
Hello everyone. New guy from Delaware here. Question, will the updated version still not stain trim? Thank you.

Sorry, I meant the liquid version.

Correct, the liquid will still not stain trim. The paste still can.

ZL1TQ
Jan 10th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Someone asked about durability.

What was the durability from the old formula? What is the expected durability from the new formula?

Also the old formula was a dust magnet. Has this greatly improved with the new formula?

symmetrical
Jan 19th, 2021, 02:35 PM
I just recently got the new paste wax and tried it on a panel. A few things stood out to me.

1. No more nice smell, the consistency itself is a bit more synthetic and chemically. It reminds me a little bit of Finish Kare 1000P.
2. It goes on like BUTTER on the paint. It seems a bit easier than the original formula.
3. A tiny bit goes a LONG way. I mean the original already went a long way, but something about this just makes it even more so. I think that's probably why they reduced the tin from 11oz to 8oz. One tin can probably do 25-30 cars easy.

Other than that, it seems like a good step up from the original. It's such a pleasure to use. We'll see how durability goes, and if dust is an issue.

Franco76
Feb 19th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Does Meguiar's manufacture this wax ?

Nick Winn
Feb 19th, 2021, 10:21 AM
Does Meguiar's manufacture this wax ?
Our R&D department develops our formulations at our facilities in Irvine, California. We have vendors we work with who put the liquid in the bottle.

Franco76
Feb 19th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the quick reply Nick ! By the way, i love ULW . Been using it since it came out. Excellent sealant . Thanks again, Franco

Franco76
Apr 20th, 2021, 10:11 AM
Just want to say how awesome this new version is. Used it twice and both times have been amazed. Easy on, Easy off. Better gloss, clarity, beading. Only problem is I have to use up all of my full bottle of the last version. Excellent upgrades Meguiar's !! Just Awesome !!!!

Nick Winn
Apr 20th, 2021, 10:24 AM
Just want to say how awesome this new version is. Used it twice and both times have been amazed. Easy on, Easy off. Better gloss, clarity, beading. Only problem is I have to use up all of my full bottle of the last version. Excellent upgrades Meguiar's !! Just Awesome !!!!

Nice! Thanks for sharing. You are referring to the Liquid version correct?

Franco76
Apr 20th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Nick, yes it's the liquid version. Awesome !! I have ultimate paste wax also. Use them both. Plus A1216 cleaner wax, clay, etc.. Just something about the ULW user experience. I've been detailing since the late seventies, tried them all. Please keep making ULW. Thanks again. Franco

Nick Winn
Apr 27th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Nick, yes it's the liquid version. Awesome !! I have ultimate paste wax also. Use them both. Plus A1216 cleaner wax, clay, etc.. Just something about the ULW user experience. I've been detailing since the late seventies, tried them all. Please keep making ULW. Thanks again. Franco
Great to hear! Thanks again