PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

Nick Winn
Oct 31st, 2020, 11:15 AM
Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?69965-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Paint-Coating)
2021 New Product - Announced November 2nd, 2020

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2699/G210300_HybridPaintCoating_Hero_pres_Custom_1_.png

Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating is a feat of modern chemistry, blending the best attributes of traditional ceramic paint coatings with the advantages of our proprietary Hybrid Polysiloxane Technology. The results? Our most chemically resistant & durable paint protection formula to date, that's incredibly simple to apply!

1 Year+ Paint Protection
Professional level paint protection that is easy to apply
TrueCure Cross Linking Technology - Proprietary cross-linking formula bonds to itself & to paint to protect against environmental & chemical contaminants with extreme durability
Advanced Hydrophobic Water Beading - Creates a slick paint surface with hydrophobic water beading protection that makes washing & drying easier & helps to keep paint looking clean.

Part Number: G210300
Contents: 6oz M122 Surface Prep Spray, 6oz Hybrid Paint Coating, 2 Black Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels, 1 Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pad
US MSRP: $59.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOlEjUMJ_HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ep9bYuGUOQ

Murr1525
Nov 2nd, 2020, 01:45 PM
Looks like a good coating for me to try.

Is that enough to coat one car, or more?

Kbuzbee
Nov 2nd, 2020, 02:22 PM
Video says ‘one car, two coats’ I guess by extension you could do two cars, one coat, but I’d accept “one kit per vehicle “

Nick Winn
Nov 2nd, 2020, 02:36 PM
Looks like a good coating for me to try.

Is that enough to coat one car, or more?

Yes there is enough to coat basically any sized vehicle twice.

Nick Winn
Nov 2nd, 2020, 02:41 PM
Also two coats are recommended for best performance. Wait 1 hour in between coats.

tjpowell
Nov 3rd, 2020, 02:43 PM
Do you have an estimate on when it will be available?

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2020, 02:59 PM
Do you have an estimate on when it will be available?

Yes, for US, Mid December in some auto parts stores, January for on-line distributors.

rapport25
Nov 4th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Hi Nick,

Is this to replace Fast Finish?

Thanks.

Murr1525
Nov 5th, 2020, 07:02 AM
Thanks Nick,

Would the Hybrid Ceramic Spry Wax, or the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer be good to use with this after washing, or the Bead Booster?

Old Bear
Nov 5th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Some polysiloxanes in other industries leave slightly permeable films that allow small gas molecules to pass.
Can this new product be used to coat a fresh repaint, or would the gaseous particles of the paint delivery chemicals be too large to escape?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2020, 07:41 AM
Hi Nick,

Is this to replace Fast Finish?

Thanks.

Has nothing to do with Fast Finish really. Fast Finish is still active but does not have wide distribution.

Thanks Nick,

Would the Hybrid Ceramic Spry Wax, or the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer be good to use with this after washing, or the Bead Booster?

Yes, absolutely, also the new Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax.

Some polysiloxanes in other industries leave slightly permeable films that allow small gas molecules to pass.
Can this new product be used to coat a fresh repaint, or would the gaseous particles of the paint delivery chemicals be too large to escape?

Not recommended for fresh paint.

CaulinS
Nov 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM
Would you say this is better than M27?

Doppler
Nov 5th, 2020, 09:35 AM
When I change to the Hybrid Paint Protection, I would also be changing my Gold Glass Carwash to M799, Last Touch Detailer to Ceramic Detailer, X-Press Spary Wax to a Ceramic spay and wax? I assume X Press spray wax will still be the go to product for my rims?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2020, 10:23 AM
Would you say this is better than M27?

It depends what your definition of better is. Different is a more suitable word. If you want ultra advanced hybrid ceramic/siO2 performance in a easier to use liquid sealant, M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant is a great choice. M27 is also designed & marketed for pro environments/users which need larger sizes & multiple options for different services. If you want to apply a true paint coating to your car, with advanced protection/durability & water beading performance, without the challenging application of many traditional coatings, our new Hybrid Paint Coating is a great choice.

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2020, 10:26 AM
When I change to the Hybrid Paint Protection, I would also be changing my Gold Glass Carwash to M799, Last Touch Detailer to Ceramic Detailer, X-Press Spary Wax to a Ceramic spay and wax? I assume X Press spray wax will still be the go to product for my rims?

If you apply our Hybrid Ceramic/SiO2 Spray or Liquid Wax or this new Hybrid Paint Coating as your main source of protection, you are best to maintain them with our Hybrid Ceramic Detailer or M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster. For washing go with either a regular non wax wash like Gold Class or our new Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax.

rapport25
Nov 5th, 2020, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a fantastic product

rapport25
Nov 5th, 2020, 10:49 PM
Has nothing to do with Fast Finish really. Fast Finish is still active but does not have wide distribution

Thanks Nick.

As it was aerosol based, thought I would ask.

kevincurp
Nov 7th, 2020, 04:15 AM
I have 3M clear bras on both my vehicles and typically just apply Ultimate Quik Wax to them. Is the Hybrid Paint Coating safe for use on PPF?

Nick Winn
Nov 9th, 2020, 12:04 PM
I have 3M clear bras on both my vehicles and typically just apply Ultimate Quik Wax to them. Is the Hybrid Paint Coating safe for use on PPF?

Although likely safe, not every paint protection film is identical so we recommend you perform a test spot on a discrete area. Keep in mind this product was also designed & tested for paint so performance may not be identical to painted surfaces.

greg0303
Dec 2nd, 2020, 04:50 PM
On my list to get.
At the moment M27 is my go to protection, but with this coating a level of protection and its durability will improve.

Nick Winn
Dec 3rd, 2020, 10:31 AM
On my list to get.
At the moment M27 is my go to protection, but with this coating a level of protection and its durability will improve.

Hi greg! Yes M27 is great & quickly became a standard for us on the pro side of the business, actually was just at a dealership discussing it with detail shop manager yesterday. Also yes, Hybrid Paint Coating will be another level of protection. We are excited to get it in users hands.

greg0303
Dec 5th, 2020, 06:32 PM
Hi greg! Yes M27 is great & quickly became a standard for us on the pro side of the business, actually was just at a dealership discussing it with detail shop manager yesterday. Also yes, Hybrid Paint Coating will be another level of protection. We are excited to get it in users hands.

Hi Nick,
I've tried M27 application via rotary buffer on black Toyota Highlander paint with great results.
Looking forward to getting my hands on Hybrid Paint Coating.

symmetrical
Dec 22nd, 2020, 09:36 AM
Not sure when, but it showed up for pre-order on Amazon. Just ordered myself a kit, while I like M27 (and even the consumer ceramic wax) the most intriguing thing about this coating is the claimed measurable thickness that will sit on the paint. Now I know marketing in general like to claim other ceramic coatings is a force field that prevents scratches and can reject a blaster fire from an imperial stormtrooper, I think having something with actual measurable thickness on the paint really would at least minimize micro marring and light scratches, on top of the crazy water beading and self-cleaning behavior.

Can't wait to apply this to my wife's SUV, which see's the elements regularly especially now it has been raining. And hopefully it really is easier to apply compared to other coatings.

jvs1991
Jan 19th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Has anyone got their hands on this yet?

symmetrical
Jan 19th, 2021, 12:59 PM

I ended up cancelling my order as the shipping date kept getting pushed back. Not surprised I guess, Meguiars for some reason can't launch a proper coating in the US. Covid or no covid.

jvs1991
Jan 19th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Yeah I only see it on Detailed Image and Amazon. O'reillys shows it but none near me.

I honestly don't have an interest in coatings but this has me intrigued.

hari
Jan 20th, 2021, 07:56 PM
How better this product compared to Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (https://www.greenzcarcare.com/product/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax/) , probably the durability will be the same?

Nick Winn
Jan 22nd, 2021, 06:36 AM
How better this product compared to Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (https://www.greenzcarcare.com/product/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax/) , probably the durability will be the same?

Hi Hari,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online. Completely different category of product. Hybrid Ceramic Wax is one of our most advanced traditional waxes we offer, that said Hybrid Paint Coating is a true paint coating that cures to itself & to the paint, and literally creates a hard protective film that if one would want to remove, needs to be compounded off. Much, Much more durability & longevity. Again, that said, to get the performance from Hybrid Paint Coating, it will take a bit more preparation work than Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Feel free to post further questions!

Nick Winn
Jan 22nd, 2021, 07:38 AM

Should be hitting store shelves any day now. This will be available at Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, O'Reilly Auto Parts, & Pep Boys. You should most likely be able to source first from a brick & mortar.

symmetrical
Jan 24th, 2021, 10:55 AM
For anybody still interested in buying online, it seems to be available on amazon now. Just search for

Meguiars-G210300-Hybrid-Paint-Coating

Jeepster04
Jan 26th, 2021, 06:12 PM
Mine arrived today, plan on trying it out as soon as the weather allows. Clean vehicles in the garage and I dont want it to rain/snow on them while the other is in there. Stuff says it needs to be 60F to use.

Nick Winn
Jan 27th, 2021, 06:33 AM
Mine arrived today, plan on trying it out as soon as the weather allows. Clean vehicles in the garage and I dont want it to rain/snow on them while the other is in there. Stuff says it needs to be 60F to use.

You also ideally want it to cure for at least 12 - 24 hours after the two coats are applied prior to any water exposure. Ideally 7 days.

symmetrical
Jan 27th, 2021, 01:25 PM
You also ideally want it to cure for at least 12 - 24 hours after the two coats are applied prior to any water exposure. Ideally 7 days.

Hi Nick, do you know what's the risk if it's used under 60F temperatures? It's been hovering around 50-60 here in my area, so I'm wondering if I should just wait until spring. Thanks

Nick Winn
Jan 27th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Hi Nick, do you know what's the risk if it's used under 60F temperatures? It's been hovering around 50-60 here in my area, so I'm wondering if I should just wait until spring. Thanks

I am glad you brought this up because I want to make a big point about this, it is very important to apply Hybrid Paint Coating at or above 60F. It can potentially not set up properly & potentially significantly impact performance if applied below 60F. It is OK if during the subsequent 24 hours & beyond into the full 7 day curing if it gets cold & below 60F, but again for application, above 60F.

Another point which should be mentioned is that if you apply Hybrid Paint Coating & then in the next week are going to wash the vehicle, salt roads, or rain, this can potentially significantly affect the performance as well, this really goes for any coating. You really want to apply at a time when you are going to have decent weather.

jas84
Jan 30th, 2021, 08:19 AM
Hello, I have several questions about the Hybrid Paint Coating as somebody new to coatings and ceramic products

1. After 1 year or the product wears out, what do you need to do? Can you simply reapply again after a wash and prep (compound/polish), or do you need to do something to remove what remains of the old coat first? What if I want to switch back to traditional waxes?

2. After applying this coating, do you recommend following up with any of your ceramic wax or detailer products? Would the bead booster be more appropriate, and if so, what is the difference between the bead booster and the ceramic wax/ detailer?

3. You mentioned temperature of application being at least 60 degrees. I live in Northern California and the highs have been around 58, is that close enough? What if I heated the garage during application, would it need to stay heated for 24 hours or just a couple hours while spraying and wiping?

4. As somebody new to applying a coating, can I screw this up in a way where the car is going to look bad and my wife kills me? I understand poor form may impact performance of the product, but is there a chance at ruining my new car? I am comfortable with all the prep work and getting that done well, and I understand the coating is going to lock in the "current state", my question is more about risks when applying the coating.

Thanks for your time! Excited to try this stuff out!

The Guz
Jan 30th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Hello, I have several questions about the Hybrid Paint Coating as somebody new to coatings and ceramic products

1. After 1 year or the product wears out, what do you need to do? Can you simply reapply again after a wash and prep (compound/polish), or do you need to do something to remove what remains of the old coat first? What if I want to switch back to traditional waxes?

2. After applying this coating, do you recommend following up with any of your ceramic wax or detailer products? Would the bead booster be more appropriate, and if so, what is the difference between the bead booster and the ceramic wax/ detailer?

3. You mentioned temperature of application being at least 60 degrees. I live in Northern California and the highs have been around 58, is that close enough? What if I heated the garage during application, would it need to stay heated for 24 hours or just a couple hours while spraying and wiping?

4. As somebody new to applying a coating, can I screw this up in a way where the car is going to look bad and my wife kills me? I understand poor form may impact performance of the product, but is there a chance at ruining my new car? I am comfortable with all the prep work and getting that done well, and I understand the coating is going to lock in the "current state", my question is more about risks when applying the coating.

Check the video here and see if it answers your questions. It is a little long

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?70041-VIDEO-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Paint-Coating-How-To-DEEP-DIVE-by-Markus-Kleis&highlight=markus+kleis

symmetrical
Jan 30th, 2021, 06:55 PM

I literally just finished applying this to my wife's MDX. I can safely say for 4., this is really hard to screw up in terms of high spots or anything like that.

I mostly have experience applying CQuartz UK, while easy I still had issues time to time with high spots, not removing soon enough or removing too soon etc.

Without a doubt, this Meguiars coating was extremely forgiving and easy to apply. In fact I was able to do 3 panels at a time, came back and it wipes off super clean. The most amazing part compared to something like CQuartz, it's super slick as you wipe, vs CQuartz which feels grabby.

For your question #2, I believe they did mention you can maintain with Bead Booster or HCDetailer, which is probably what I'll do every couple months or so.

symmetrical
Jan 30th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Now I have my own question for Nick again, it's said 2 coats is recommended for best performance. I just finished doing one coat but don't have enough time to do another one yet. Is it safe to apply a second coat, say 12 hours later? 24? 7 days?

Nick Winn
Jan 31st, 2021, 02:39 PM
Now I have my own question for Nick again, it's said 2 coats is recommended for best performance. I just finished doing one coat but don't have enough time to do another one yet. Is it safe to apply a second coat, say 12 hours later? 24? 7 days?

Hi symmetrical,

Great question. We actually do not recommend applying the second coat any later than 1 hour due to the fact that the coating will start setting up and be very hydrophobic. The second coat would likely not do anything because it will not stick on top of a freshly applied, beginning to cure coating.

What you can do is for the vehicle's first wash in a week or so, is to check for any spots with flat water behavior. If there was a missed spot, re-apply in that area.

jas84
Feb 1st, 2021, 09:14 AM
Check the video here and see if it answers your questions. It is a little long

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?70041-VIDEO-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Paint-Coating-How-To-DEEP-DIVE-by-Markus-Kleis&highlight=markus+kleis

Thanks, I'll check it out. The "shop talk" video was pretty good too (the second video on the OP).

jas84
Feb 1st, 2021, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the info on the MDX, that is reassuring!

I see you're in Santa Clara, I'm up in Marin -- what would you say the temperature was when you applied it? Was it humid (with all the rain)? Did you think the weather mattered?

jas84
Feb 1st, 2021, 09:18 AM
I literally just finished applying this to my wife's MDX. I can safely say for 4., this is really hard to screw up in terms of high spots or anything like that.

I mostly have experience applying CQuartz UK, while easy I still had issues time to time with high spots, not removing soon enough or removing too soon etc.

Without a doubt, this Meguiars coating was extremely forgiving and easy to apply. In fact I was able to do 3 panels at a time, came back and it wipes off super clean. The most amazing part compared to something like CQuartz, it's super slick as you wipe, vs CQuartz which feels grabby.

For your question #2, I believe they did mention you can maintain with Bead Booster or HCDetailer, which is probably what I'll do every couple months or so.

I see you're in Santa Clara, I'm up in Marin -- what would you say the temperature was when you applied it? Was it humid (with all the rain)? Did you think the weather mattered?

symmetrical
Feb 1st, 2021, 11:12 AM

Oh yeah, I moved from Santa Clara up to Tracy. But yeah I was in the same boat as you, nervous about the temperatures being below 60F.
I rolled the dice on Saturday and fortunately my garage went above 60F so I decided to do the coating.

And yes I think there is a reason why for the application, Nick and Meguiars say to not let it go below 60F as I think it affects the flashing time.
I noticed as I put on the first coat it was 61F, it took just a while longer to flash compared to when it got slightly warmer at 65F. I bet the super ideal temperature is going to be around 70.

With that said, I still had zero issues with applying it. Just make sure to let it sit on the paint for at least 1 minute before wiping. It's so nice to not worry about high spots.
I recently ceramic coated a BMW M2 with CQuartz UK and screwed up on the hood and roof because I didn't anticipate the flash times properly. I had to re-polish and re-do it, which was nerve-racking.

With this Meguiars coating, I literally ended up doing about 2-3 panels at a time. And during the wipe off process, it came off super easy. Of course following the tip by doing a first pass with one side, and following up with a "dry" side for the second wipe.

So yeah, you'll probably be fine. Just take your time and be thorough, it's worth the effort.

jas84
Feb 1st, 2021, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah, I moved from Santa Clara up to Tracy. But yeah I was in the same boat as you, nervous about the temperatures being below 60F.
I rolled the dice on Saturday and fortunately my garage went above 60F so I decided to do the coating.

And yes I think there is a reason why for the application, Nick and Meguiars say to not let it go below 60F as I think it affects the flashing time.
I noticed as I put on the first coat it was 61F, it took just a while longer to flash compared to when it got slightly warmer at 65F. I bet the super ideal temperature is going to be around 70.

With that said, I still had zero issues with applying it. Just make sure to let it sit on the paint for at least 1 minute before wiping. It's so nice to not worry about high spots.
I recently ceramic coated a BMW M2 with CQuartz UK and screwed up on the hood and roof because I didn't anticipate the flash times properly. I had to re-polish and re-do it, which was nerve-racking.

With this Meguiars coating, I literally ended up doing about 2-3 panels at a time. And during the wipe off process, it came off super easy. Of course following the tip by doing a first pass with one side, and following up with a "dry" side for the second wipe.

So yeah, you'll probably be fine. Just take your time and be thorough, it's worth the effort.

Really helpful feedback- thanks! I think I'll run a couple space heaters and bust out the laser temperature gun!

Nick Winn
Feb 1st, 2021, 03:42 PM

Hi jas84,

Yes, after 1 year or so, and you want to re-apply, you can do as you mentioned, reapply after washing & prep (compound/polish). If you would like to switch back to traditional waxes & it is has only been 3 - 6 months etc. with hybrid paint coating on, you may need to use a something stronger like a compound to remove the coating.

Yes, our Hybrid Ceramic Product Line is great for maintenance & recommended

The temperature should be the minimum recommended for application (60F) for a couple of hours while spraying & wiping as you mentioned. Also, be careful with space heaters. Make sure to read the all labeling including the product precautions on Hybrid Paint Coating's packaging. Also, this product should only be used with adequate ventilation.

As far as messing up, not much you can do to mess up appearance.

jas84
Feb 1st, 2021, 04:51 PM
Hi jas84,

Yes, after 1 year or so, and you want to re-apply, you can do as you mentioned, reapply after washing & prep (compound/polish). If you would like to switch back to traditional waxes & it is has only been 3 - 6 months etc. with hybrid paint coating on, you may need to use a something stronger like a compound to remove the coating.

The temperature should be the minimum recommended for application (60F) for a couple of hours while spraying & wiping as you mentione. Also, you need to be careful with heat. Make sure to read the full label including the product precautions on the back of the Hybrid Paint Coating packaging box. This product should only be used with adequate ventilation.

Thanks for the reply and the reminder on the ventilation. I might have to wait for it to warm up a bit!

rover137
Feb 5th, 2021, 05:52 PM
Hey Nick

i know you mentioned that the Ceramic Detailer/Bead Booster range can be used to maintain the Hybrid Costing but hoping to get a little bit of the science around this. The coating itself doesn’t use Sio2 tech but a close ‘cousin’ to the usual ceramic coatings on the market. Do the Ceramic Detailer and Bead Booster products contain this ‘cousin’ makeup or do they contain Sio2 technology? If they do contain Sio2, will there be a dedicated maintenance product released for the hybrid coating?

thanks!

jcmgt
Feb 7th, 2021, 09:05 PM
- Can this be stored in areas that will see below 32F?
- once cured, can a topper (m26) be applied without damaging the film?

Evgeny
Feb 8th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Good question above. I am planing to buy, but worried about transportation in low temperatures or near 32F.

Intrepid00
Feb 9th, 2021, 07:36 AM
Also, you need to be careful with heat. .

That's one thing that seem vague to me. I live in Florida and while I can park in shade or garage to apply If it is 98 degrees out it is still going to be 98 degree body panels. What is the ideal temp range we should be applying in? I applied my coating on a 66F day and left it garage parked for over 36 hours. No water exposure for 7 days. The actual coating was so easy to apply compared to the washing and polishing I'm actually still nervous I did it wrong but I can really tell it's there after a very long car trip and the car looking clean till the end and I hit a cloud of mosquitos (which were really easy to remove with just some foam with gold class car wash and a power washer. Didn't even need to physically touch the car to wash it. Just used detailer on a 3 problem spots)

Does humidity play any part? Big part of Florida and we can have 90%+ humidity.

What is the 1 year+ time calculated on? UV radiation can be intense in Florida and it can really, really, rain here and a lot (Love bug season is going to really put the product to the test too). I'm not expecting a 1 year plus with this and I will be shocked if I get a year with the product. If I get a year you made an amazing product.

I'm using the blue ceramic spray to maintain the coating but I use that to keep up the coating how will I know when the coat is gone because the beading isn't going to stop.

Nick Winn
Feb 9th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Hi jas84,

The temperature should be the minimum recommended for application (60F) for a couple of hours while spraying & wiping as you mentione. Also, you need to be careful with heat. Make sure to read the full label including the product precautions on the back of the Hybrid Paint Coating packaging box. This product should only be used with adequate ventilation.

That's one thing that seem vague to me. I live in Florida and while I can park in shade or garage to apply If it is 98 degrees out it is still going to be 98 degree body panels. What is the ideal temp range we should be applying in? I applied my coating on a 66F day and left it garage parked for over 36 hours. No water exposure for 7 days. The actual coating was so easy to apply compared to the washing and polishing I'm actually still nervous I did it wrong but I can really tell it's there after a very long car trip and the car looking clean till the end and I hit a cloud of mosquitos (which were really easy to remove with just some foam with gold class car wash and a power washer. Didn't even need to physically touch the car to wash it. Just used detailer on a 3 problem spots)

Does humidity play any part? Big part of Florida and we can have 90%+ humidity.

What is the 1 year+ time calculated on? UV radiation can be intense in Florida and it can really, really, rain here and a lot (Love bug season is going to really put the product to the test too). I'm not expecting a 1 year plus with this and I will be shocked if I get a year with the product. If I get a year you made an amazing product.

I'm using the blue ceramic spray to maintain the coating but I use that to keep up the coating how will I know when the coat is gone because the beading isn't going to stop.

Intrepid00,

The member stated he was considering using a space heater in his garage. I stated be careful with heat; I was referring to his comment on the use of space heaters, subsequently advising member to read the entire product labels, which has more information around proper use. I will edit my response to be more specific.

From what you described your application sounds proper. Preparation, like the use of clay, compound/polish if needed, followed by the included M122 Surface Prep Spray, & two coats of Hybrid Paint Coating an hour apart from each other, with the application itself applied above 60F, not exposing to water for 12-24 hours & ideally 7 days for the full cure.

Regarding applying on a hot day, as long as the panels are not in direct sunlight & you are working in the shade, we do not anticipate any issue, except for maybe a little harder wipe off.

No special recommendations around humidity for this product.

As mentioned on the label, our up to 1+ year paint protection is based on water contact angle lab testing & predictive modeling. It's difficult to get into more specifics without potentially sharing too much, but essentially driving around, washing weekly, and testing certain characteristics, repeat. It has also shown to perform very well in a variety of environments. Regarding UV, in our testing it performs great. A couple of the top variables which can really affect the long term durability of a coating is where the vehicle is being parked & how often it is washed. Try to avoid parking in a spot where it may potentially get constantly abused, for example, next to sprinklers or under trees if it is going to rain. Regarding washing, try to wash weekly. The longer environmental contaminants sit on top the paint surface, the more likely they are going to affect your paint protection, with any product that is being used.

Even if maintaining with our Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax, or Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax, we recommend re-applying Hybrid Paint Coating around once a year for optimum performance. With that said, it can last longer if the vehicle is really kept up well, and additionally, extreme weather or situations, like salt from roads, harsh chemicals, or lack of washing, it may not last as long as well.

Nick Winn
Feb 9th, 2021, 11:18 AM
- Can this be stored in areas that will see below 32F?
- once cured, can a topper (m26) be applied without damaging the film?

Good question above. I am planing to buy, but worried about transportation in low temperatures or near 32F.

Hi there,

As with all of Meguiar's Products, prolonged exposure to extreme heat or cold or freezing is not recommended & the products should be stored at room temperature. We would not be concerned with cold temperatures if you are buying from an auto parts store, driving home, & bringing into room temperature or receiving a delivery from an on-line supplier. We also have agreements with the carrier companies which pickup from our warehouse that the products do not get exposed to extreme heat, cold or freezing. Again it is just prolonged exposure to extreme heat or cold or freezing, is not recommended.

By the way, at the time of this post, Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, O'Reilly Auto Parts, and Pep Boys show to carry Hybrid Paint Coating, as well as many on-line suppliers.

Intrepid00
Feb 9th, 2021, 12:27 PM
The longer environmental contaminants sit on top the paint surface, the more likely they are going to affect your paint protection, with any product that is being used.

How much does a car wash harm it (hand or personal electric power washer not tunnel)? We have love bug season coming and I have no choice but to wash the front of the car constantly for a month.

Even if maintaining with our Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax, or Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax, we recommend re-applying Hybrid Paint Coating around once a year for optimum performance. With that said, it can last longer if the vehicle is really kept up well, and additionally, extreme weather or situations, like salt from roads, harsh chemicals, or lack of washing, it may not last as long as well.

I'm just worried I'll try to apply it too soon. I saw in an earlier post that said if you wait too long before 2nd coat you might not get it to bond right. I'm guessing if I clay it if needed (after a year I'm sure it will need it but new car here so I didn't need to first time) and polish it (I did do this with ultimate polish) that after a year I won't have to worry about bonding issues?

All and all I'm so far very happy with this. It's really protected the polish and letting the car keep a deep reflection.

Nick Winn
Feb 10th, 2021, 11:40 AM
How much does a car wash harm it (hand or personal electric power washer not tunnel)? We have love bug season coming and I have no choice but to wash the front of the car constantly for a month.

This product is very resilient to traditional hand washing, so you made a good choice. Feel free to wash it as much as you have to, and ideally at minimum every week, if daily driven. Also, it sounds like you plan to, but you should work to remove the love bugs as soon as you can, as they can begin to etch into the paint or in this case your paint protection. Hybrid Paint Coating should make them easier to remove.

I'm just worried I'll try to apply it too soon. I saw in an earlier post that said if you wait too long before 2nd coat you might not get it to bond right. I'm guessing if I clay it if needed (after a year I'm sure it will need it but new car here so I didn't need to first time) and polish it (I did do this with ultimate polish) that after a year I won't have to worry about bonding issues?

All and all I'm so far very happy with this. It's really protected the polish and letting the car keep a deep reflection.

When applying Hybrid Paint Coating, it is recommended to apply two coats 1 hour apart, to ensure even coverage.

When it comes to preparing the paint for re-application after around 1 year has passed, the vehicle will more than likely need to be treated with a clay bar, like our Smooth Surface Clay Kit, so you process would be, Wash, Clay, Compound/Polish if desired, then re-apply Hybrid Paint Coating. Our Iron Removing Spray Clay is also a great additional but optional choice for further decontaminating the paint prior to application.

jcmgt
Feb 15th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Is a topper, such as m26 friend or foe?

The Guz
Feb 16th, 2021, 12:59 AM
Is a topper, such as m26 friend or foe?

M26 is not needed. You will mask all of the attributes of the hybrid paint coating.

jcmgt
Feb 16th, 2021, 05:05 AM
M26 is not needed. You will mask all of the attributes of the hybrid paint coating.
I understand it's not needed from the protection perspective. I ask as in the past I've used a topper to clear water spots or give the extra pop before a show.

Murr1525
Feb 16th, 2021, 08:45 AM
I understand it's not needed from the protection perspective. I ask as in the past I've used a topper to clear water spots or give the extra pop before a show.

I think you would just be wanting one of the quick detailer type products for that.

The Guz
Feb 17th, 2021, 07:34 AM

Stick with a ceramic type product for a topper.

jas84
Feb 20th, 2021, 06:38 AM
[QUOTE=rover137;597066]Hey Nick

i know you mentioned that the Ceramic Detailer/Bead Booster range can be used to maintain the Hybrid Costing but hoping to get a little bit of the science around this. The coating itself doesn

jas84
Feb 20th, 2021, 07:28 AM
Is it safe to apply this to a new car? This is a new car I ordered from the dealership, so I know it was only painted a couple weeks ago and hasn

jas84
Feb 20th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Awesome results on my 7 year old/ 60k FX! I couldn’t be happier with the initial results! One big surprise is that it did an amazing job restoring the plastic trim. I’ve read that the coating was not designed for the trim, but I can’t believe the improvement!

Wash/ iron remover/ clay/ compound/ polish/ wash/ coating!https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BgGenooHpxkWDfXSuUNmMXbA

Nick Winn
Feb 22nd, 2021, 05:24 PM
Is it safe to apply this to a new car? This is a new car I ordered from the dealership, so I know it was only painted a couple weeks ago and hasn

Sorry to see the "cut off". We are still having trouble with users using the apostrophe character (').

To answer your question yes, on new cars, you can apply a wax, sealant, or coating. New Car paint is cured prior to being delivered. It's only aftermarket paint that needs 30-90 days, depending on what the painter/body shop recommends, to cure prior to applying wax or other form of protection.

Also keep in mind, new cars go on quite a journey most of the time from the OEM to Dealer, and often sit outside without being washed for weeks, among all sorts of other conditions so be sure to do a proper evaluation like you would on any other vehicle & inspect for above surface contaminants & any below surface defects you may want to address.

Nick Winn
Feb 22nd, 2021, 05:31 PM
Awesome results on my 7 year old/ 60k FX! I couldn’t be happier with the initial results! One big surprise is that it did an amazing job restoring the plastic trim. I’ve read that the coating was not designed for the trim, but I can’t believe the improvement!

Wash/ iron remover/ clay/ compound/ polish/ wash/ coating!https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BgGenooHpxkWDfXSuUNmMXbA

Awesome to hear! If you would like remember you are more than welcome to start a new thread & post up your thoughts w/ pictures, etc. You could even do a video of the water beading & upload it to YouTube as unlisted & post it up as well! Let me know if you have any questions, no worries either way.

HagFan
Mar 3rd, 2021, 09:39 AM
... We have love bug season coming and I have no choice but to wash the front of the car constantly for a month...

In case you're not aware, dryer sheets work wonders in removing bugs. Just wet one in your wash or rinse bucket and bugs will wipe away easily, especially if you're keeping after them regularly. Just wash/rinse as normal once the bugs are gone. You might need to use a couple of sheets if it's plastered.

kevincurp
Mar 20th, 2021, 09:28 PM
I took the plunge! Bought two kits off of Amazon (currently marked down 15% to about $50).

I'm excited to try it out, especially since it looks like we're finally emerging from Missouri's icy winter. I'll be coating a F-150 Crew Cab and Audi TT that are coated with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax (previous formula) about every other month. Both have PPF that I plan on using the HPC on top of. Both are daily driven, but the TT only sees 3-4k miles a year and is garaged. The F-150 is a daily driver that is parked outside and averages 15k miles or more per year. I plan to maintain with Gold Class Car Wash and let the coating do the rest of the work.

I sincerely appreciate all the time Meguiar's has spent so far here answering questions and the level of detail provided on YouTube in the Shop Talk videos.