PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax

Nick Winn
Oct 31st, 2020, 11:40 AM
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax
2021 New Product - Announced November 2nd, 2020

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2699/G210256_HCWashWax_pres_Custom_.png

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax

Unique Two-Part System
Hybrid Ceramic Wash produced slick suds for gentle cleaning
Hybrid Ceramic SiO2 Boost Wax Additive delivers extreme SiO2 Water Beading Protection
New Hybrid Wash Mitt optimizes both the washing & waxing experience (Sold Separately)

Part Number: G210256
Size: Hybrid Ceramic Wash 48 oz (3oz per wash), Hybrid Ceramic SiO2 Boost - 8oz(.5oz per wash) (Enough for 16 washes)
US MSRP: $19.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW1NDb09iAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCk33h0xWlw

Murr1525
Nov 2nd, 2020, 01:42 PM
Look good to try, esp with the winter weather coming up.

Without the new washmit, the instructions would be to wash, then wipe with a wet/soapy microfiber towel, and then rinse, dry?

Nick Winn
Nov 2nd, 2020, 02:45 PM
Look good to try, esp with the winter weather coming up.

Without the new washmit, the instructions would be to wash, then wipe with a wet/soapy microfiber towel, and then rinse, dry?

You can try that if you would like. It will be easier with our dual sided hybrid wash mitt with the wax side being tuned specific to the SiO2 Boost. It makes a significant difference. If you are using a different wash mitt you would wash as normal.

kevincurp
Nov 2nd, 2020, 03:57 PM
I'm curious how this would go over being shot through a foam cannon.

Michael Stoops
Nov 3rd, 2020, 11:38 AM
I'm curious how this would go over being shot through a foam cannon.
First off, welcome to MOL, Kevin!

As for using this in a foam cannon, it's really a no-go. The SiO2 boost doesn't really mix in with the shampoo, hence the two chambered bottle, so it will sit on top of your mixture in the cannon bottle and the siphon hose will draw product from the bottom of that bottle. It's just not a good match for that process.

rover137
Nov 3rd, 2020, 01:43 PM
As Murr mentioned, what are the implications for using this with a different was mitt for those of us who perhaps have 4-5 other washmits in our kit already but would really like to try this wash?

The wax within the mixture wouldn't trap the dirt on the paint?

Nick Winn
Nov 3rd, 2020, 02:08 PM
As Murr mentioned, what are the implications for using this with a different was mitt for those of us who perhaps have 4-5 other washmits in our kit already but would really like to try this wash?

The wax within the mixture wouldn't trap the dirt on the paint?

0 issue, the SiO2 boost portion will just not lay down on paint as well, the wax portion basically will not work as well. If you notice Stoop's comment above, the SiO2 Boost isn't really mixing in with the wash, it's basically on the top, so it takes a specific type of material to be able to pick it up & transfer to the paint. This is why we came out with the Dual Sided Hybrid Wash Mitt, as this wax side was tuned specific for this task. All microfiber is not the same.

kevincurp
Nov 3rd, 2020, 02:41 PM
First off, welcome to MOL, Kevin!

As for using this in a foam cannon, it's really a no-go.

Thank you! I appreciate the response. Just like you mentioned in your Shop Talk, I'm always looking to make my process easier. The 2021 line looks great and might even convince me to retire the pressure washer for a little bit.

rover137
Nov 3rd, 2020, 04:03 PM
0 issue, the SiO2 boost portion will just not lay down on paint as well, the wax portion basically will not work as well. If you notice Stoop's comment above, the SiO2 Boost isn't really mixing in with the wash, it's basically on the top, so it takes a specific type of material to be able to pick it up & transfer to the paint. This is why we came out with the Dual Sided Hybrid Wash Mitt, as this wax side was tuned specific for this task. All microfiber is not the same.

I guess unless using the dedicated mitt there may be no benefit to using this wash over say Gold Class or Soft Wash, as you wouldn't really be assisting and boosting the SiO2? Does the actual 'Wash' part of the mix provide any benefit to an SiO2 coating on its own?

Nick Winn
Nov 4th, 2020, 07:21 AM
I guess unless using the dedicated mitt there may be no benefit to using this wash over say Gold Class or Soft Wash, as you wouldn't really be assisting and boosting the SiO2? Does the actual 'Wash' part of the mix provide any benefit to an SiO2 coating on its own?

The Hybrid Ceramic Wash is designed specifically to work with the SiO2 Boost Additive. Using these two together is going to work much better opposed to trying to mix the SiO2 Boost with Gold Class, etc. Also, the SiO2 Boost is not sold separately.

rover137
Nov 4th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Oh sorry, I meant - If you aren't using the compatible wash mitt (which would limit the amount of the SiO2 boost portion you are laying down), would it still be beneficial to use Hybrid Ceramic Wash as opposed to one of your other washes? Does the 'wash' part of the mix provide any benefit to a SiO2 coating over say Gold Class?

Nick Winn
Nov 5th, 2020, 07:39 AM
Oh sorry, I meant - If you aren't using the compatible wash mitt (which would limit the amount of the SiO2 boost portion you are laying down), would it still be beneficial to use Hybrid Ceramic Wash as opposed to one of your other washes? Does the 'wash' part of the mix provide any benefit to a SiO2 coating over say Gold Class?

There are no protection qualities in the wash solution itself, but the wash solution is designed to work with the SiO2 Boost Additive, so it is recommended for best results.

greg0303
Dec 2nd, 2020, 04:53 PM
This product will be a great addition to my detailing arsenal.
Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax plus the new wash mitt, as it seems to be the best way to use it.

Nick Winn
Dec 3rd, 2020, 10:43 AM
This product will be a great addition to my detailing arsenal.
Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax plus the new wash mitt, as it seems to be the best way to use it.

Hi greg! We are all excited here for this way, it's crazy the performance you can get just from a car wash.

Kbuzbee
Dec 5th, 2020, 06:48 AM
The winter is coming, I guess I have to got some bottles

Website says Jan 2021. I’m thinking Spring ��

greg0303
Dec 5th, 2020, 06:28 PM
Hi greg! We are all excited here for this way, it's crazy the performance you can get just from a car wash.

I'm glad to hear it, as the technology has improved big time lately and Meguiar's still very active in research and development department.
Ultimately new products and technology make car detailing easier and more efficient.

Robscoe
Jan 26th, 2021, 09:22 AM
Hey Nick, any idea when, if ever, this product will be available in Canada? I live in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia so it

Robscoe
Jan 26th, 2021, 09:22 AM
Hey Nick, any idea when, if ever, this product will be available in Canada? I live in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia so its raining 75% of the time in winter so I thought I would love to add this to my Kit so to speak. I love the hybrid ceramic spray wax since it does not matter if it rains, it is SO bloody handy! Thanks for all the time you put into helping us out on these forums by the way it

Robscoe
Jan 26th, 2021, 09:23 AM
Hey Nick, any idea when, if ever, this product will be available in Canada? I live in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia so its raining 75% of the time in winter so I thought I would love to add this to my Kit so to speak. I love the hybrid ceramic spray wax since it does not matter if it rains, it is SO bloody handy! Thanks for all the time you put into helping us out on these forums by the way its much appreciated, the customer interaction is a part of why Im so loyal to meguiars.

NorthantsPete
Feb 2nd, 2021, 01:39 PM
There are no protection qualities in the wash solution itself, but the wash solution is designed to work with the SiO2 Boost Additive, so it is recommended for best results.
Can you clarify?
I thought it contained wax?

Nick Winn
Feb 2nd, 2021, 03:08 PM
Can you clarify?
I thought it contained wax?

Correct, the protection qualities of this product is coming from the SiO2 Boost Additive only.

Jonesey
Feb 15th, 2021, 09:08 AM
I've got some of this on order, along with the wash mitt. Looking forward to trying it but have a question about temperature. While we have snow right now in Vancouver, the normal temp is around 6c (43f). Will the cold water coming out of the tap affect the performance of the product? It's pretty easy to mix up a warm bucket, but stringing a hose from the laundry room for warm rinse water is a little harder to do.

Nick Winn
Feb 15th, 2021, 09:12 AM
I've got some of this on order, along with the wash mitt. Looking forward to trying it but have a question about temperature. While we have snow right now in Vancouver, the normal temp is around 6c (43f). Will the cold water coming out of the tap affect the performance of the product? It's pretty easy to mix up a warm bucket, but stringing a hose from the laundry room for warm rinse water is a little harder to do.

55F is technically the lowest recommended temperature we recommend using most all of our products. That said, we know they will be used outside of that recommendation, we just cannot guarantee the absolute best performance.

Pip213
May 11th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Any pros/cons to using this on top of your Gold Class Carnauba Wax?

Nick Winn
May 13th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Any pros/cons to using this on top of your Gold Class Carnauba Wax?

Not than I can think of regarding Cons, I suppose it could potentially not leave behind as wet or look as Gold Class. If you really really want to preserve that Gold Class look, typically people maintain with Gold Class Car Wash & Gold Class Quik Detailer/Quik Wax. Pros would be added SiO2 water beading which makes maintenance like washing & drying easier.

Krieg
May 23rd, 2021, 07:25 AM
Hey Nick, what is the difference between this product and the "Meguiar's G210300 Hybrid Paint Coating Kit"?

LT10retired
May 23rd, 2021, 01:11 PM
I used the Ceramic wash and wax over a competitors ceramic wax. love how it beads and cascades off the hood. Can't wait to try the Meguiars Paint Coating next.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1023136241044237/permalink/4316039605087201/

Czilla9000
Jun 2nd, 2021, 03:21 PM
Hi - If you’re planning on polishing or compounding after washing would you skip the boost and just use the wash? (And then use the boost with subsequent washes.)

Nick Winn
Jun 3rd, 2021, 09:52 AM
Hey Nick, what is the difference between this product and the "Meguiar's G210300 Hybrid Paint Coating Kit"?

Check out these two videos:

https://youtu.be/dCk33h0xWlw

https://youtu.be/9ep9bYuGUOQ

Nick Winn
Jun 3rd, 2021, 09:54 AM
I used the Ceramic wash and wax over a competitors ceramic wax. love how it beads and cascades off the hood. Can't wait to try the Meguiars Paint Coating next.

https://www.facebook.com/1387969223/videos/pcb.4316039605087201/10225550899784517?__cft__[0]=AZUSEH1VXT8gjCzqjT41PCumpXYHlQm5DtWmmt2A9apnAjgUnGggcS0xjTZ2OLKpXdQPWr7L2XPqwEr0IdQbgRNZBhE6ePnX68K9OAW3bbreITB8rWRnlp5ds1O5_U2hbBLMpI74XXURXJXLGFAAz7xRirWKyyKgfBlWtqy6Fkv1G9ndt95fA4v9ADeTml5XGys&__tn__=*bH-R

Thanks for sharing!

Nick Winn
Jun 3rd, 2021, 09:55 AM
Hi - If you’re planning on polishing or compounding after washing would you skip the boost and just use the wash? (And then use the boost with subsequent washes.)

Yes that perfectly adequate, in the situation where this is the only was you have, sure.

Murr1525
Jun 3rd, 2021, 06:34 PM
It can be good just to have a bottle of basic wash on the shelf, and cheaper...