PDA

View Full Version : NXT Rocks!

DaGonz
Apr 17th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I used NXT for the first time yesterday. I have a client with an 1998 Cadillac Deville D'Elegance in dark pewter metallic. The car has only 62K miles and has always been well maintained.

I started by washing using Gold Class and a sheepskin mitt then I used Prep-Sol to remove the small bits of road tar that was on the lower panels.

After this I clayed the entire vehicle, used my Porter Cable with Meguiars #83 DACP with a yellow cutting pad, Meguiar's #3 Machine Glaze with a white polishing pad, and followed it up with a coat of NXT. The NXT brought out incredible depth to the paint..you could actually see the refelections of individual metalflakes in the paintwork!

I did my wife's Grand Cherokee that night at the firehouse...the same spectacular results!

I can't wait for the pro version of NXT to arrive! :spot

county2
Apr 17th, 2004, 01:36 PM
try topping it off with some #26 wax..its unbelievable!

mxman
Apr 18th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Pictures Gonzo?

I want to buy #26 but im debating between liquid or paste.

I don't mean to jack this thread but just wondering which you use County2? Or anyone else can drop an opinion:D

DaGonz
Apr 18th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I don't have a digital camera... :wall: but my son does..I just have to wait until he brings it back from school (he's a computer graphics/visual design major and uses it constantly!)