PDA

View Full Version : Some Gold Class picts

Aurora40
Feb 7th, 2004, 01:16 PM
There was a time when I really loved Gold Class wax. I used to use it all the time on my Corvette. It certainly did the trick for me back then, and I always thought it smelled great!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/37myvette1.jpg

Here's a friend's GN that I helped him out with. The car hadn't had anything done to it save a few washings for like 15 years. It was always garaged, though. It has about 22k miles on it. I used Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, #7, and then Gold Class liquid wax:

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/37gn1s.jpg

Rockpick
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Great pictures!!!

foris2
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Both vehicles looks great - the colors or rich and deep.

rusty bumper
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Nice looking cars Aurora!...Gold Class wax has a good shine to it.

1 Clean WS6
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Good gawd that is a gorgeous GN...and only 22K...I am seriously drooling!!!

I STILL believe that for the money Gold Class wax is truly a great product.

J SOLO
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Man the gn is too sweeeeeeet those cars run the 1/4 mile quick also.Id love to own one.

gb387
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:00 PM
you know I don't think that I have ever seen the results of gold class, looks really good!

Airborne Ranger
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Both cars look just awesome!! very fast cars of there time too!

Pretty much stomp any Camaro SS, Mustang GT, or Firebird that gets in it's way:cool: deadman98

Mike Phillips
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Gold Class is a great beauty wax. It takes a lot of flack on the forums because it doesn't bead water, and because the beauty results fall off after washing a few times.

But... the beauty results of mos/all waxes fall off after a few washes. That's if you do side by side comparisons on the same exact panels under perfect conditions.

Gold Class is currently the number one selling liquid wax in America. So while some on the forums might not care for it... their neighbors certainly do!. I'll guess the number of bottles of Gold Class sold last year is in the millions?

(Maybe I can ask and find out?)

Mike

J SOLO
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:49 AM
I will always keep gc in the arsenal.;)

foris2
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Wal-Mart have Gold Class for $7. and change - that's half the cost of NXT Tech Wax. I picked up a couple of bottles this morning at that price.

Aurora40
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Heh, I just figured I'd put the shots up since it's a Meguiar's forum afterall. To tell you the truth, I haven't used my bottle of Gold Class in a few years. I really don't care for it.

Mike is right, it does have an excellent initial look. But I find it can streak easily. It's hard to get it buffed off completely. It isn't particularly slick, and the look drops off much more than other products.

But there was a time I loved it, and I can't argue with how my car looked after a GC session. And it also helped lead me on the path to better products (I ended up trying MPPP next, then #26, and so on, along with doing more prep-work with MPPC and #7) ;)

Gold Class was the first wax on my Aurora:
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/37frontwide.jpg

Aurora40
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:32 PM
And here's another shot of the Corvette. This shot was a nice shot, but was scanned from the actual photo after the photo wasn't mint anymore. I really liked that car, but was glad when we got rid of it, and now sort of miss it again... ;)
http://photo.starblvd.net/aurora402002/2-1-2.jpg

I don't get why I can't post two photos in the same post... :confused:

J SOLO
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Pretty much stomp any Camaro SS, Mustang GT, or Firebird that gets in it's way:cool: deadman98 [/B][/QUOTE] I dont think so not even close:D

Slats
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Hey,
I liked the pictures you all posted so I'm going to try and get one of my cars on here. It is a very rare 1985 Buick Century T-type. By the way, nice shot of the Grand National.

Anyway, this isn't the best picture, but it shows how nice the Meguiars cleaner wax works (that's my Accord you can see in the drivers door) and the nice deep color and shine of the Endurance gel on the tires. I will try to post more pics when I clean her again.

Slats:D

Slats
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Hey,
I liked the pictures you all posted so I'm going to try and get one of my cars on here. It is a very rare 1985 Buick Century T-type. By the way, nice shot of the Grand National.

Anyway, this isn't the best picture, but it shows how nice the Meguiars cleaner wax works (that's my Accord you can see in the drivers door) and the nice deep color and shine of the Endurance gel on the tires. I will try to post more pics when I clean her again.

Slats:D

Slats
Feb 26th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Well that bites, my picture didn't post. How are all of you able to post such good pictures, yet have small enough sizes? I have a 4 megapixel digital camera, but all of my pictures are either too big or too grainy.

Slats:o

Slats
Feb 26th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Ok, here is the picture I originnaly tried to post. I had to digitally lower the quality, but here it is.

Slats

Teak
Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:15 PM
Aurora40,
That pictures make the car really aggressive.

Slats,
Anymore pictures of the T-Type that show the whole car?

Eric

Slats
Mar 9th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Hey,
I put a couple more pictures of the T-type in the gallery -- I can put more in there if you'd like. I also have some interior pictures.

Slats