PDA

View Full Version : Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Superior Shine
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Do you use 100% Meguiars products? If not about what % is Meguiars. For the products that aren’t Meguiars please explain why you use them and not Meguiars.

I am not asking about products others make that Meguiars doesn’t have an equivalent to. For example I use a fabric protector not made by Meguiars because Meguiars doesn’t make one.

Thanks

Superior Shine
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I use mostly Meguiars but not 100%.

I can only think of three items that arn't Meguiars-

1. micro fiber- I found very good towels in bulk at a pretty good price.

2. Odor eliminator, I have been using a brand since before Meg. came out with theirs. I havn't tried Meguiars yet.

3. DA backing plate, I perfer the mirka plates which has an aliance with Meguiars so this one almost dosnt count.

Otherwise all my paint cleaners, polishes, protectants, degreasers, window cleaner, etc... are Meguiars!

travisdecpn
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I'd say I am about 75-80% meg's. I use some select products from the Clearkote and Poorboy's lineup when there is no way to avoid the sun. I use VM on every car I do, I just love the stuff.

Wingsof66
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Hi Superior.

For all the exterior (exept rims), I use only Meguiars. As for carpets and convertible tops, I'm still experimenting.
I have just purchased a steam-cleaner, to try out on floor-carpet, etc.
Here in Norway we have a household-product called "Grønnsåpe" or "Greensoap". It is made out of natural plantoils and is exellent for getting off "impossible" dirt-spots, like old stains, grease and even paint-spots on vinyl and leather. Off course, I use Meguiars Leather-Conditioner after, and Cleaner for maintenance.
For engine compartment and rims I use a degreaser made by "Biltema" It's cheap and works great, getting oil and dirt of the motor and brake-dust off the rims. I Since I haven't been able to get hold of any similar products from Meguiars here, I'm not able to compare yet.

Vandelete
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:20 AM
100% all the way :db: :D

gb387
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:22 AM
About the only thing that is not Meguiars is my PC and some microfiber towels... I am in the process of changing over to all Megs towels. :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

mcrimm
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:34 AM
All Meguiars except for my PC and Costco Microfiber towels -
Ultimate bonnets, 4 pads, backing plate, #80, #83, #20, #21, #9, NXT Tech Wax, NXT Speed detailer, NXT Glass Cleaner, Insane Tire, Wheel Cleaner, NXT Car Wash.......I think that's all that is in my kit - - - Wife says "Enough"

Mike

Lt1Corvette
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Probabily around 60 to 70 percent. Really depends on the car. Some cars I will use 100% meguiars, other I mix. Still use a lot from p21s, wheel cleaner, wax, and cleaner. Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner, also their interior carpet cleaner. Microfibers from another company. Wolfgang tire gel, 303 protectant/ top cleaner. Some other stuff. Meguiars has many equals in products, but I like the other stuff so I stick with it.

Nolan_k
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Everything except glass cleaner, I use Stoners. Until I can get the new NXT glass cleaner here in Canada.

PursuitSE
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Since this summer, I try to get nothing but Meguiar's.
But, since there's no cleaning accessories available here in stores, I have to get some others brands for MF towels, wash mit, pads and things like that.

For the wheels and tires, I use SprayNine because it's way cheaper than Meguiar's Hot Rims. I've never tried this HotRims stuff though.

As for the interior, I have the Mother's Preserve spray. It smells nice and did a great job for the kind of plastic I had in my last car. For my new Pursuit I still use only water to preserve the new car smell. I may start to use NXT interior spray during the winter.

But one this is for sure, next time I go see my aunt in Connecticut, I'll get myself a bunch of Meguiar's cleaning accessories and products. :)

Ranger72
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:48 AM
I use 100% Meguiars products with the only exception (I don't even think it counts) of using a bunch of hand held size terry towels that I love to use when A.P.C.ing the interiors. The larger ones get in the way, so I picked up a **** load of the smaller ones from a local store. I consider these more my dirty job toweling/ rags.

Blr123
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm about 90ish%.

I wonder if that man Phillips will be close to that eh :D

Thanks
Bryan

bluemoon
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I use about 75% Meguiars. Non Meguiars items would be microfiber towels, buy in bulk cheaper, and QEW wash (not sure this counts tho). Since #16 is no longer made I have acquired carnauba waxes from differant companies to expierment with and see which ones I like. Also I have been trying pc pads from another manufacture, again to expierment and see what I like.

everglo
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:59 AM
I'd say about 50% Meguiar's.

Joe, where do u purchase the Mirka plates at? Online or...? I've not been pleased with Meguiar's backing plates and have been using Porter Cables. I'd like to give the Mirka plates a try.

Thanks in advance.

roushstage2
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:18 AM
On my car, 100 % Meguiars only.

I'd say about 95% of my stuff is Meguiars. I have some Eagle One Tire Wet (got 2 cans for $.99 ea.), and my other leftover products from before I switched to Meguiars (RainX Car Wash, EO Wet Wipe and Shine, etc) that I use on my other vehicles.

Superior Shine
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Blr123

I wonder if that man Phillips will be close to that eh :D

Thanks
Bryan

Mike better say 100%!!!!!!!

I get my baking plates from an auto body supply store, el monte auto body supply, 626-448-6137

rusty bumper
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I use mostly Meguiars' products.

I have been experimenting with the Sonus brand some.

I like to buy my cotton terry towels locally, since textile outlets are abundant around here. I found some 100% Egyptian cotton towels at Plej's for $1.50 a-piece. :db:

Edit: I get my tire applicators at the Dollar Tree @ 3/$1.00.

Elite M.D.
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:38 PM
About 60-70% of my products are Meguiars. I am trying to make it about 90% but I need to use the non-Meguiars products first.

BoilerPete
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Also alll Meguiars except for my PC and Wally World Microfiber towels that I use for the wheel wells and a few other dirty or grease filled (like the metal that curves under) spots.....

Rick
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:41 PM
As far as chemicals Meguiar's all the way. The only non Meguiar's stuff I use are my assortment of towels which consists of some cheap cotton towels I got a big bundle of at a swap meet for $10. These are relegated only for the dirty jobs. Then I have some decent nice and nappy terry towels I use mainly for interior stuff. Then there are the Costco Microfibers which are used for general purpose and finally the good unknown brand microfibers I use for paint only.

I tried a few other wax's but they were all nothing compared to the Meguiar's stuff so I gave up trying other things because the results with Meguiar's always turns out better.

Ohh yeah, I use eagle one tire dressing applicators because that's what they have at the auto parts stores.

Dragpakmach
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:37 AM
My stuff is all Meguiars.Right down to my bucket and carrying case for the products.Just something about looking at my shelf unit and seeing the same brand on each shelf in uniform.:D

Mosca
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:58 AM
I learned how to get the results I want from Menzerna Intensive and Final Polishes before I ever used Meguiar's anything.

Since it's not really about what products you use but about the results you get, I do find myself going back to that which gives me those results. I've used the comparable Meguiar's products and gotten excellent results, however when the chips are down, I still pull out the ones I'm most familiar with.

Just about everything else inside and out is Meguiar's. I buy #40 by the gallon. I use Meg's pads exclusively with the PC. The mf towels are my "go to" towels. I love the "Meguiar's Family" look for the LSPs. For spot correcting it's ScratchX, for anything stronger than IP it's the high #80s.

I've purchased other stuff, but never broken the seals on the bottles.

Tom

onawrxhigh
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:27 AM
hey everyone,
I am happy to say that I am a 100% user of Meguiar's products.
From towels, car wash, polishes, compounds, and waxes.
I truely love this stuff.

Andrew M. Parshall

tgfhatch
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I'd say right now I'm at 80%. The only reason it isn't higher is because I can't find the NXT glass cleaner, or metal polish, and once I run out of wheel cleaner, I plan on switching to hot wheels.

The only other products I use, as others have stated are wal mart brand towles for door jams, interiors, engine clean ups.

other then that, it's :xyxthumbs to meguiars

showtime
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Now that I'm in business for myself, almost 100%. You can't beat the money/performance value. Except for a couple waxes, I use all Meguiars. I still experiment with other brands (mostly to use up what I have) but I always come back.

gb387
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I for got to mention I am always ordering Meguiars products at work (amusement park)... for detailing our rides, we are about 75% Meguiars. Today I just ordered 4 gallons of #59 and 4 gallons of #26!

95Xsport
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I bought my PorterCable polisher from a local retailer and use a regular 5 gallon bucket for washing. Everything else is 100% Meguiar's

RLdetail
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I'm at about 80%.

I buy bulk mf towels locally that work very well and also terry towels for cleaning up where the mf shouldn't be!

None of my washing supplies are Megs except the mit and soap.

That's all I can think of besides Rain-X and fabric protectant.

Love My Ride
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:21 AM
Non-Meguiars stuff:

1. PC 7336-SP
2. Assortment of cheap towels for dirty jobs.

armand
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:25 PM
about 50% megs. as far as paint products are concerned. A few items from poorboys (which i really like), a few items from 3M. cleaning supplies are a hodge -podge of stuff from just about any major retailer you can think of...even JC Penney (good sale on cotton towels a while back. only use these to dry...never been a big MF fan).

mirrorfinishman
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:09 AM
100% Meguiar's

Aurora40
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:49 AM
I guess somewhere between 25-50%, which isn't represented in the poll... :P

I use Meg's car wash usually, #00 or GC. I use their Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner on two cars, and Eagle One A2Z on the other two. Brushes are not Meg's (just got Meg's wheel brush but haven't used it), wash mitts are not Meg's anymore, buckets are not Meg's. On the red cars, I use Meg's waffle weaves that came in a tube to dry. Other cars I use other branded WW's. I use Eagle One 20/20 on glass, but got NXT recently which I like.

For waxing, I use mostly Meg's polishes. But I find products like Klasse AIO useful, and Liquid Souveran is my fave beater wax now due to extreme ease of use, great slickness, and respectable durability. I got some #21 in a sample that seems similarly easy/slick, have to see about durability. And my favorite wax is Souveran (though I use #16 a fair bit too).

For specific-instance stuff, I use Meg's APC+, Meg's GC bug & tar remover, Clay Magic or Meg's clay depending on price/availability.

In some cases I might move to a Meg's product if I used up all the stuff I had, like glass cleaner and maybe if I ran out of Liquid Souveran (jury is still out on #21 though). And in others Meg's has a similar product like ColorX vs AIO, but I just like the non-Meg's one better. AIO is easier to use and spreads better.

Some things I've just given up on a lot of choice. For QD's, Pinnacle Crystal Mist and Meg's Final Detail are all I need. I've like 5-7 other kinds of QD that I'll probably never use again. Same with car wash. #00 and GC, all I need... Waxes, it's nice to have a little variety, same with polishes or cleaners.

cydewaze
Sep 7th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I'll guess 95% for me. I use someone else's foaming glass cleaner. Everything else is Meg's.

rockkid
Sep 14th, 2005, 01:13 AM
110% now though I must confess to having used a few Mothers products before seeing the light.

BenP
Sep 18th, 2005, 01:43 AM
I've tried just about everything but always seem to come back to Meguiar's. What I've found is that you need patience. Sure, some products break down a lot quicker, but on the flip side they dust like crazy. If you give Meguiar's products the time to work they are some of the easiest to use around - it's people who expect products like #80/#83 to break down in 10 seconds that seem to find Meguiar's difficult to use or "****".

I quickie detailed a 20 year old Merc SL with badly oxidised single stage white paint last week and used just #80 and NXT - not a drop of dust anywhere on the car. I ordered a gallon of #80 off the back of that detail.

The only thing I'd change about Meguiar's products is to make them a bit more sun friendly. Sometimes I have to detail cars in the middle of the day with no shade and that can make some of Meg's products a bit of a bear to use.

At the moment I guess I'm a 75% user, but that could easily be up to 95% very soon.

Ben

Chris Nemlich
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:42 AM
My detailing career started out about 2-3 years ago when I bought my first car when I was 15 years old. My older friend had detailed cars for a few years and bought me a "start up kit" that included Eagle One and ArmorAll stuff. I soon added Mothers Carnuaba Wax because it was the only brand besides Turtle Wax that I could buy locally.

Then one day I found a bottle of Gold Class Liquid Wax sitting on the shelves of a local auto parts store and bought it right away. After using this product, everything quickly became Meg's. I got online to check out their product list and found this forum, where I learned more than I ever thought possible about detailing. My first order was around $500, without a PC.

By now I probably have around $2000 of Meg's products, of course including a PC. My exterior towels are 100% Meg's. For interior, I use MFs I buy at BJ's Wholesale Club 25 for $10. My mitts are now the new Ultra Plush mitts.

The only products I use anymore that aren't Meg's are the occasional "Other Company's" tire shine product when I run out of Meg's and need a quick fix, some Sonus polishes that I won and had to try out, and Rain-X. Aside from those, I'm 100%.

gbackus
Sep 20th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Pretty soon the only non Meg's product I'll be using are my interior Microfibers, ABC, and ETR-II(a trim dying/coating system).

supercharged
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:08 PM
About 80% are Meguiar's products - over $1500 - all over garage shelves. More profesional products then consumer.

supercharged
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:08 PM
About 80% are Meguiar's products - over $1500 - all over garage shelves. More profesional products then consumer.

Snowman
Sep 27th, 2005, 06:31 AM
My collection is about 80% Meguiar's products and I am trying to make it about 100% each passing day but that in itself is hard to obtain...LOL

Ko-B
Oct 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Almost everything I use is Meguiar's except for:

Microfiber Towels which are soon to be Meg's.
Aerometrics Air Freshener because of the fabric softener scent and how long they last.
Stoner window cleaner beause I fell in love with it years ago and why mess with a good thing, its perfect.

Skuz
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:04 PM
No I'm not using only Meg.

For a matter or price and availability mainly.

Soap : Meg's Deep Crystal

Wax : NXT Tech Wax

Tire cleaning : Simoniz Tire Cleaner

Tire Shine : I plan to use Endurance, but I still have a lot of Turtle Wax Emerald Tire Shine that does a good job. I'll switch when I'm done with it. I think I have more than a year to go...

Interior NXT Tech Protect

Engine : I'm using Meg's Extra but with it now being discontinued I really don't know what I will use. I still have a 3/4 full bottle.

Trim : Meg's Natural Shine.

Wash mitt : cheap Sundance one.

Chamois : so old I can't remember it, dates from the '80s.

Cheap no name bucket.

Windows : Eagle1's 20/20

Scottwax
Oct 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I'd say around 50-60%. I really like Meguiars 80 series polishes but I've found for me, that Optimum's work better-but I use Meguiars pads, since the best cutting pad I have used is the 7000 series burgandy pad. Also, I switch to Clearkote or Poorboy's polishes if I can't get out of the sun to work. It would be nice if the 80 series could be made more sun friendly.

My main method of washing cars is Protect Alls Quick and Easy Wash and since it is unique wash product, there is no Meguiars equivalent.

I use a lot of LSPs, #16, NXT Paste and #20 are the Meguiars ones I use. Other lines are Clearkote, Poorboy's, Optimum, Jeff's Werkstatt and Pinnacle. Towards winter, I find myself reaching mostly for #16 though, hard to beat its winter durability. Also, the wax my kids most like to use is #16.

Most of my brushes are Meguiars, except the one I use for fenderwells since the head on the Meguiars wheel brushes is too thick to get between the wheels and fenders on most cars. The Ultimate Mop is a real gem of a product when I have to clean SUVs and trucks. Love the interior detailing brush too!

I used to use Eagle's 20/20 Glass Cleaner until NXT Glass Cleaner came out. Haven't used Eagle's since. NXT is far superior when stuck in the sun. Even my kids noticed how much better it was when they were working for me over the summer.

I have a lot of different MF towels-Meguiars, Excel, Pakshak-but you can't beat the convienence of now walking into your local auto parts store and getting high quality Meguiars MFs when you used to only be able to obtain similar quality towels via online stores.

One Meguiars only product I really like is the Interior Quick Detailer. Great smell, decent cleaning power and no fake shine, just a new appearance. I wish there was a gallon sized professional version available with extra UV protection....hint, hint!

24DNT
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I'm around 95%. Should be getting my order for the rotary pads and backing plate as well as speed glaze soon. I use Ajax window cleaner for my window cos it's there but i'm starting to dislike it because of some streaking that occurs. Streaking isn't as bad as the old **** i used to use. For alloys, I just use water and a soft terry cloth and for interior, i'm using amorall interior detailer. It don't stink as some members have reported but it does have that oily finish to it. I'm buying bits n pieces at the moment so the interior detailer and glass cleaner from M are next in line for purchase.

Here's what I've got so far:

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/5197meguiars.jpg

I've put the quick wax n detailer at front as they are the most used items and it's easier to grab when needed. There's no M car wash products as yet cos we have water restrictions in Aus at the moment.

bencar
Oct 9th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Like I say when people compliment me on how nice my cars look-'I'll take some of the credit, but I have to give my due to Meguiars, that's all I've used on the paint of my cars for the last 10+ years, and the results speak for themselves.':)

tron1974
Oct 12th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I've just started with the Meguiar's bug. I've got about 50% now. There are some items which I just can't seem to find locally. The Quik Clay and the NXT tire cleaner are two that come to mind.

Since I have so much other car care stuff, I want to use up what I have.

sneek
Oct 12th, 2005, 02:37 PM
hhaah i use as much meguiars as possible but thats only about 45%
BTW canada does have NXT Glass cleaner i think ... but i use windex auto because i have a huge supply(it isnt that great is says no steaks but thats not true)

none of my applicator pads or towels are meguiars they jsut dont sell them in canada in stores( dont have a credit card only 16)

and 24DNT ive heard reports that amrorall cracks your dash or changes the colour because drys out the plastic too much i think you should try meguiars natural shine it always looks so good

Imclean
Nov 18th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Most everything I use is from Meg's but I'll try other stuff too. I recently tried a polish from Auto Glym called Super Resin. While I was polishing my truck, my wife pulled up and was like "is that a new polish? did you to the back half of the truck already? I noticed it from up the hill." About a half an hour later my neighbor asked, "what you use different this time, it looks great?" I followed up with two coats of NXT and I got two more comments from complete strangers over the following few days. If you look at my collection you'll only find a few items that don't have Meg's lables on them, the first is this bottle of Auto Glym and the other is a bottle of MX-7 Plus (a water spot remover for paint produced locally) and a few bars of red and blue clay from Body Magic.

24DNT
Nov 19th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hey Sneek,

It's only now that I'm starting to notice some slight dicolouration from the armorall product for the dash plus it's slight greasiness it attracting dust like crazy. I know I'll be making that switch very soon! Thanks foro pointing it out though. Would hate to get cracks in the Mazda 3!

SiriusRIMZ
Nov 20th, 2005, 07:18 AM
80% here, I use a pnumeatic DA, generic MF towels and shop rags. Other than that its meguiars for everything except rain-X

Rob66
Nov 20th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I'd say 95% Megs. Biggest problem is many products arent easily available from the high street and Meguiars Uk charges to ship and takes an age:(

Non Megs products I 'sometimes' use dependent on condition of car and weather.

PC 7224
Sonus SFX-1 and SFX-2
P21S Gloss Enhancer
P21S Carnauba Wax
303 Protectant (still my favourite for dashboards)
Zymol Field Glaze (but only in warm weather)
Zymol Titanium Carnauba Wax (very rarely use now)

:xyxthumbs

amf
Jan 1st, 2006, 03:22 PM
I would have if not for the outrageously high price of Meguiar's products where I live.

DetailManiac
Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
100% Meg's only :xyxthumbs

Lydia
Jan 2nd, 2006, 08:58 AM
Mostly Meg's. I am converting over to them lol. The only thing I don't really plan to convert to them is towels because I already have a bunch and have found a cheaper alternative if they wear out.

RCBuddha
Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
I'm not 100% Meguiars (probably around 60%), but after spending way too much money on "flavor of the month" boutique products in 2005, I'm planning on spending 2006 converting over to be about 90% Meguiars. The only exceptions are in towels and PC pads.

Buddha

electricgreen
Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
I use almost 100% Meg's stuff. I do use a different brand MF towels. All my paint care items are Meg's. I use a different tire cleaner (unfortunately, it's discontinued, it was Westley's. In a can, with a built in brush), and Mother's vert top cleaner.

Carl B
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by sneek
hhaah i use as much meguiars as possible ....{snipped..cjb}

and 24DNT ive heard reports that amrorall cracks your dash or changes the colour because drys out the plastic too much i think you should try meguiars natural shine it always looks so good

Hello Sneek (everyone):
As was mentioned in some other thread, the Internet can be a wonderful source of good information, or a place that myths, rumors and misinformation flourish like mold. IMHO ArmorAll has been the subject of such misinformation for many years.

I have a 1972 Datsun 240-Z that I bought brand new, it has had nothing but ArmorAll used on it's dash - and the dash is perfect today. At the time ArmorAll was one of very few products for vinyl/rubber protection.

I also have a second 1972 Datsun 240-Z that I bought from its original owner, it too has had nothing but ArmorAll used on its dash - and that one is perfect as well. Both Z's have lived in the Florida Sun for their entire life.

Anyone that has dealt much with the 240-Z's knows that one of the few problem area's on that car beside "rust" is that the expansive vinyl dashes crack with age, as exposure to UV, thermal cycles and vibration normally take their toll.

Over the years, where-ever possible, when someone tells the story of how ArmorAll dried out or cracked their dash - I've followed up with farther investigation. In every case the story fell apart because several other factors were always present - when ArmorAll got the blame.

While Mequiar's will not disclose the exact chemical composition of its products (trade secretes), we could find very few differences in the chemical compositions of several commercial "vinyl protectant" products among ArmorAll or any of it's competitors. (used an aerospace materials lab for breakdown and comparisons, where I used to work).

24DNT - if you are finding a sticky build-up problem, it is most likely that you are applying way to much, and/or failing to follow the directions that tell you to remove any excess after a few hours. As for the discoloration, if it is turning from color to gray.. gray is an indication of UV damage to vinyl. Nothing will reverse it, but you can slow it down by protecting the dash from direct sunlight - put a sun screen in your windshield or cover the dash when its left in direct sun for prolonged periods. The UV blockers in any vinyl protectant are very thin and very limited in their ability.

BTW - AIR - I started using Mequiar's products around 1959... like everyone else, I've tried many other products.. but always returned to the known quality of Mequiars for automotive paint finishes.

Carl B.
Clearwater, FL
http://ZHome.com

prostock53
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:27 AM
100%. Looking for a microfiber wash mit.

DetailManiac
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I have a 1972 Datsun 240-Z that I bought brand new, it has had nothing but ArmorAll used on it's dash - and the dash is perfect today. At the time ArmorAll was one of very few products for vinyl/rubber protection.

My father drives a 1985 VW Jetta, and he also used ArmorAll
all the time on his vinyl on the exterior and on the interior as well
and it still looks as new, no cracks or whatsoever.

kellyinkc
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Almost 100%. I have a bundle of non Megs mf towels, STP Son of a Gun protectant, Simple Green rest is Meguiar's!!

Accident
Jan 29th, 2006, 10:58 AM
My MF towles aren't Meguiar's because they don't carry any around here, and these get the job done right. Also my glass cleaner isn't either. I was going to pick some up last time I was at the store (45 minutes away, the only one with a lot of Meg's products) but I didn't have any money. Other than that I use all Meguiars.

Tom Weed
Feb 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I am probably 70% Meguiars. I use some Prowax products, but those are mostly interior cleaners, carpet shampoo, leather cleaner and conditioner, and glass polish. I also started using Optimum Polishes, such as the the Hyper Compound, Compound and the Polish, as they can be worked a LONG time and no dusting or getting gummy, they are also very easy to remove. I recently gave the spray wax a try. I still like the 80 series Polishes though as well. I have a gallion of Poorboys Waterless wash that I like, and I some AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss protection which is okay and I gave their newest product a try Ultra Deep Polish. I give it a big thumbs down, as it's terrible to remove and dusts like crazy! One more thing, I use the Mothers Powerballs, both the large one and the new small ones, as they work great on wheels.

Tom

95retta
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM
100% Meg.....Love all the product haven't really found anything that works better.

But I do like the invisible glass foam! I hope Meg brings out something like it! The only thing not Meg in my car show bag is my tint cleaner and rubbing alochol.

Just wish they wouldn't discontinue EXTRA!!!!!!

del_badboy
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:03 PM
about 75% but quickly getting better thanks to ADS.I have to buy in bulk because of mobile bussines.For a long time i had a local pro distributor that i used for quit some time.But ADS has flat rate shipping i can order 5gal. containers with a flat shipping of roughly 15.00 dollars.I would like to rave on a product of megs.i used every dressing in the pro car beauty line and i was never really impressed with any. most of them really had to be swiped on and sit for a good while not to sling.i ran out one day a couple of years ago and got a few cans of megs hot shine aeresol tire shine and used it. i couldnt believe what i seen and felt when i touched it, it had like a hardening gel in it and it left a fingure print. i got in the customers ride and took it around the block.no slings. i couldnt believe it.WOW. So i knew 3 cans wasnt going to go to far i took it into the pro store and sat it on the counter, i said BOB i want to show you something. He had an old worn tire in the shop, i said get your best dressing. I knew what he woould get and he did, there aerosal tire shine.He sprayed half the tire over and over again used over half a can, it just kept getting absorbed into the tire, i said watch this, dressed the whole tire in less than 30sec with a nice glossy sheen.That was it i was hooked.so im always trying to find the best deal on that. The stuff is expensive. i feel most of the time especially with white raised letters its best to use aerosol for the application.

areaseven
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Roughly 75% of what I use on my Mustang consists of Meguiar's products - Quik Detailer, NXT Tech Protect, Natural Shine and Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. Non-Meguiar's products consist of Eagle One Bucket-Free Car Wash, Simply Z-Best Car Wax and Simply Z-Best Tire Shine. I also have a can of Stoner Invisible Glass, but I use Quik Detailer on the windows instead, as it saves me time on daily dust removal.

PaBlkBrd
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'm about 90% Meg"s..I use Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner on my Daytons and P21S for my LSP. Every thing in between is Meg's

TH0001
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Non Megs products....

Zymol Cleaner Wax: I like it better than Meg's cleaner wax (which I only have in paste) though I switch back and forth...

Simple Green

Armor All Orginal: Only use on wheel wells...

Stoners window cleaner: Works so well I'm not worried about changing it...

Blue Magic Stain Remover: Again it works so well at removing spots and stains from carpet/upholstorey that I'll never replace it

Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish: I used to love it, same finish/results as the NXT Metal Polish, but more work.

Current Megs Products

Cleaner/Wax
DC1
DC2
DC3
ColorX
ScratchX
PlasticX
NTXMetalPolish
Quick Detailer
Wheel Cleaners
Endurance tire shine
M80-Speed Glaze
M83-DACP
M21-Paintsealent
M66-Cleaner/Wax

Thats about it for now....

msuperbauer
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:42 AM
I use the Meguiars for all the polishing and prep work. BUT I use Zaino Brothers for sealing, and the 99% optically perfect shine. ALTHOUGH.... The Nxt product line is gaining popularity with me.

areaseven
Apr 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM
And so, I continue my slow transition to Meguiar's products. Since Simply Z-Best Tire Shine didn't survive two days of rainfall, I've switched to Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Gel. I've also dumped my Eagle One Bucket-Free Car Wash in favor of NXT Car Wash.

Eventually, when my two bottles of Simply Z-Best Car Wax run out (in about a couple of years from now), I'll switch to Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner and NXT Tech Wax.

Rubber Ducky
Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:32 AM
Everything Meguiar's except for Blue Magic carpet cleaner - no stains in the car, more for the pet accidents in the house, Home Depot 5-gallon bucket and the Grit Guard.

G100, pads, detailing brushes, duffle bags, apron, detailer line products, professional line, and consumer stuff too.

2001somws6
Apr 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM
everthing i use like quick detailer,soap,wax,tire shine is meguiars but towels and pad,sponge or a buffer are other brands.

Kman
Apr 5th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 2001somws6
everthing i use like quick detailer,soap,wax,tire shine is meguiars but towels and pad,sponge or a buffer are other brands.

Me to pretty much. I use the Armorall tire shine because I got it as a gift. Once that runs out, I'll get the NXT tire shine. I use Stoner's Glass cleaner on the windows. I'm not sure who makes the microfiber towels I use. Everything else is Megs. ;)

Kman
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Well, I went out and bought a few Meg's products this weekend. I picked up some of the microfiber towels, a cotton towel, the even applicator bars, a few high-tech applicators, a water magnet, and a microfiber washmit (the mashmit is not Meg's. I couldn't find the Meg's one at the store).

I really like the cotton towel. I like it more than the microfiber towels.

My Meg's collection is slowly growing. :)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1380/products12ir.jpg

SOLDSHORT
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I'd say im about an 90% user.

I use their products after many recommendations and after purchasing a Black car I wanted the best.

I use all Meguiars wax and cleaner products on my car. The Endurance High Gloss Tire gel is still the best tire product i've ever used. The Gold Class line is amazing. I still need to pull the trigger and try the NXT line...

The only thing i don't use 100% are the cloths. I have some Meguiars and some other brands. Work the same to me. (not the cheap 10 for 10 dollar ones :) ). I love the even coat applicators. Great product.

I recently worked my my girlfriend's 99 Ford Escort. Had a sun damaged hood. Used Quik clay, Scratch X, Deep Crystal polish, and ColorX as the finisher and it made a world of difference and that was by hand! BY HAND!!! Sorry for no pics!

Most of all, Meguiars has excellent customer support and compared to most companies they are the local guys (Irvine is half and hour from me). I mean what other major company has an open garage night!? Who interacts with their customers on a DAILY basis like Meguiars does?

So thanks Meguiars for everything.

STG
Apr 24th, 2006, 03:03 PM
95% of what I use is Meguiar's. The stuff always works as advertised, but the real reason I use Meguiar's is MIKE PHILLIPS.

I buy Detailer and Pro Line products directly from Meguiar's.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stan999/upload/MACH1-CAL-SPEEDWAY-SIG.jpg

GMZ
Apr 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Id say I am a 80%-90% Megs user. Ive only been "car-crazy" for about a month or so, so I had some residual products. I use Armor-All Extreme Tire Shine Gel. Had a sample of it and liked it. Easy to put on, not very glossy. Like tanning lotion instead of tanning oil? I really dislike the glossy tire stuff, so this one really suits me. A nice easy "ketsup" type squeeze bottle too. Like it alot. I use regular white cotton bath towels to dry my car with, although thats just because Ive been too lazy to go out and get a Water Magnet! For glass I just dry it with the towel like its part of the car then buff out any spots with a crappy MF towel I got, works for me. I use, DC1,2, NXT QD, Liquid Wax, Easy Applicator Pads, High Tech Applicator Pads for the wheels and "less clean" trim, a MF I got with my Smooth Surface Clay Kit (which is great btw!) and a Ultra Plush Super Terry (?) for my final wipe. Thats about it for now, more to come soon though! Summer is here in San Diego! Need to enjoy it before I move to rainy Virginia Beach :D
Oh, and GC car wash too!

broman1960
May 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I use 90 % of the products I use chamos and terry towels from BJ's

stangster
May 29th, 2006, 07:25 AM
95% Megs user. The only things that are not are microfiber towels (although I use mostly Meguiars) and wash mits.

rosenberry
May 29th, 2006, 09:43 AM
im about 50% almost all of the stuff i buy is from a meguiars dealer aka dealergoodies.com and they also sell auto magic products. im sure after the detailing class in mechanicsburg will have me changing some of my supplies.
b.t.w dealergoodies doesnt do retail sales i guess thats one of the pluses of having a detailing business. you can get stuff a little cheaper :xyxthumbs

MotorcycleDetailing
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM
99.99....the only product I use that isn't meg's is a all metal polish that comes in a can with the cloth and paste in one. All u do is break/rip of a couple of inchs and polish exhusts/air filter covers/forks/chrome/handle bars ect.....

Everything else is Meg's.

RobAGD
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Well I clicked 100% as I am close to that than I am the next choice.

Non Meguiars :

MF Towels ( most are Costco, I have a few Megs )
PC
2 spray bottles ( Now filled with Final Inspection Detailer )
2 hand towels 100% terry cloth from JC Pennys, these are better than anything I use in my house.
2 Bath Towels as above caught on sale B1G1Free :)

Megs Stuff:

NXT Paste Wax
NXT Liquid Wax
NXT All Metal Polish
NXT Glass Cleaner
NXT Insane Tire Shine
NXT Spray Wax
Deep Crystal Car Wash
DC #1
DC #2
Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating
ScratchX
MG #4
MG #16
MG #21
MG #40
MG #80
MG #83
MG #7006 Pad
MG #8006 Pad ( 7 )
MG #9006 Pad ( 2 )
#64-DA Backing Plate
#64 Backing Plate
Quick Clay Kit
GC Even Coat Applicators
GC Applicator Pads ( 8 )
GC Micro Fiber Bonnets ( 4 )
Grit Guard
GC Rich Leather Spray
GC Quick Interior Detailer
GC Quick Interior Wipes
MG Plastic Quick Detailer
MG Plastic Cleaner
MG Plastic Polish

Hummm too much stuff and I think I forgot some of it...... Are you sure there isnt crack in this stuff ? Maybe Meth ?

:)

-Robert

bullet1
Jun 30th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I voted for 100% even though I'm about 95%. For paint care I only use Meguiars stuff. The only non Meg's stuff is Lexol Leather care. Meg's stuff might be just as good, but I've had the Lexol stuff for about 6 years and it has always been good so I haven't strayed.

Meg's stuff:

NXT Tech Wax
NXT Tech Protect
Quik Detailer
High Endurance Tire
Quick Clay
NXT Wash
Microfiber Towels
Terry Towels
Water Magnets
Chenille Sponge

Probably other stuff that I can't remember.

Kickin Griffin
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:27 AM
About 50% of my kit is Megs, maybe a little less than that. I have kit from a wide variety of manufacturers most infact, other than Zymol which I cannot afford at the moment!

I used to use solely the Meguiars #80-series polishes when I got my PC.. First tried out the Poorboys SSR range but then switched back to Megs, then tried out Menzerna and I have to say I am more impressed with the Menzerna polishes (Power Gloss, Intensive Polish [PO91L & PO85RD3.01], Final Finish) than the Megs ones - I find the break down faster and work faster, espeically on harder paint and the Power Gloss can be used by PC while the aggressive Megs compounds cannot. Thats not to say I dont like the #80-series polishes anymore, I do, and keep #83 and #80 in my collection - espeically then #80 as its one of my fav products.

As for glazes, I have tried a few and like all of them on whole, but #7 remains my glaze of choice. I buy it in 64oz bottles because I use so much of it!

The vast majoirty of my mf towels are Megs, though I'm slowly switching over to 50/50 Megs/Pakshak. My mitts are Megs Lambswool.

All the shampoos I use regulalrly are Megs (Hyper Wash and #62) as you cannot beat them on value.

All my clays are Megs (mild and aggressive).

For LSPs, I have a huge mix. Megs features - #16 and #26, I love both as they are just such great value for money. #26 compliments #7 beautifully on dark colours. Also have Pinnacle, Poorboys, Menzerna, 1Z, Chemical Guys, Collinite and Autoglym in my LSP collection...

35th Anniversary SS
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Id say 85-90% for me.

The things I use that are not Megs are:

-MF towels (I do have a few Megs brand though)

-Zymol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I love this stuff though I have vowed to try Megs after my current stash of Zymol is gone. Its gonna be hard though.

-Pinacle Poly Clay. I do have a couple bars of Megs, but found the Pinacle on a nice sale so grabbed some.

-Stoner glass cleaner. Ive been using this stuff for a long time and its really great stuff, and priced right.

-Flitz metal polish. Although its non-abrasive it works really good on all metals.

Other then those things.. everything else is Megs. Even my DA, G100. :xyxthumbs

**Ive heard NXT glass cleaner is better then Stoners? Might have to try it.**

emaxxman
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Right now, for consumable products like wax, polish, etc, I'm mostly Meguiar's. The non-consumables, i.e. PC, pads, etc. are not Meg's. I found this site and ADS after I got that stuff.

Meg's
--------
DACP, Speed Glaze, NXT liquid wax, Detailer glass cleaner concentrate, Hyper Dressing, Quick Wax, Int/Ext quick detailer, Gold Class soap, Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner, Deep Crystal #1 and #2 (haven't actually used these yet)
3 water magnets
Chenille sponge and mitts
Various brushes
Hotshine liquid spray

Non-Megs
---------
Stoner's Invisible Glass
Lexol leather conditioner
No Touch tire spray
PC plus Lake Country pads
Foamgun (this rocks!!!!)

As I finish the Lexol and Stoner's, I'll replace them with Meg's products. My only complaint about Meg's is that it's very tough to find a local store with a good variety of Megs...even the consumer level stuff. I had to order a bunch of stuff at ADS. I don't mind that but it would be nice if Meguiar's could get local stores to carry more variety....especially the towels and washing tools.

DysA32
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
about 75 - 80% meguiars products on my car and clients cars

TKDDAD
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by emaxxman
Right now, for consumable products like wax, polish, etc, I'm mostly Meguiar's. The non-consumables, i.e. PC, pads, etc. are not Meg's. I found this site and ADS after I got that stuff.

Meg's
--------
DACP, Speed Glaze, NXT liquid wax, Detailer glass cleaner concentrate, Hyper Dressing, Quick Wax, Int/Ext quick detailer, Gold Class soap, Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner, Deep Crystal #1 and #2 (haven't actually used these yet)
3 water magnets
Chenille sponge and mitts
Various brushes
Hotshine liquid spray

Non-Megs
---------
Stoner's Invisible Glass
Lexol leather conditioner
No Touch tire spray
PC plus Lake Country pads
Foamgun (this rocks!!!!)

As I finish the Lexol and Stoner's, I'll replace them with Meg's products. My only complaint about Meg's is that it's very tough to find a local store with a good variety of Megs...even the consumer level stuff. I had to order a bunch of stuff at ADS. I don't mind that but it would be nice if Meguiar's could get local stores to carry more variety....especially the towels and washing tools.

can you share more about the foamgun ?

emaxxman
Jul 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by TKDDAD
can you share more about the foamgun ?

http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html

andorucojp
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM
Just about everything I use is meguiars except the stuff they dont make, like buckets and a portable vaccum and stuff like that.

:xyxthumbs

Krazy Ken
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:16 AM
90% Meguiars.
I use Rain-X on the glass because Meguiars doesnt make a comparable product.

Poul
Jul 27th, 2006, 03:00 AM
From now on I am 100% to Meguiar, because my car have never looked as god as now when I have tried these products.
:D

MarcFR
Jul 30th, 2006, 11:00 AM
100 % Meguiars :db:

OPA1
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
About 99.44% Meguiars. The only things that are not Meguiarsw are the micro-fiber towelsand the pollishing cloths. Once in a while, I can't get Megs soap and have to us another. I usually go to therpy ubntill I can get it.:eek:

ED

Gonzoli
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I'm moving towards 100% rapidly.

I've always had old, used cars in the past, which never mattered much to me... in terms of appearance. Most of my budget, and labor, was spent keeping them running.

This past spring I purchased my first brand new car, and so now, no more wrenching. I can focus on keeping it looking good.

Meguiar's products really seem to be of higher quality. I have brand loyalty, when I find something that works good, for a good price, with a good warranty and customer service, I stick to it... such as Craftsman hand tools. Megs may not be the cheapest, but you generally get what you pay for, and it's not the most expensive either.

Added value with Meguiar's is these forums and the helpful guides. I used to work in a (new car dealership's) detail shop, and I've done many cars "on the side" over the years... but I've used this site to "brush up" my memory, learn some new tricks, and get a whole lot more familiar with the product line.

Ryan L.
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I use about 85% Meguiars...Stoners Invisible Glass and 200 Costco MF Towels are the only non-Meguiars products I own.

Once the last bottle of Stoners runs out...1-2 more washes, I'm switching to NXT Cleaner

Meguiars needs to come out with bulk MF Towel Packages and I'm 100% Meguiars!

rab
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
mf's, glass cleaner, tire protectant, scratch remover are the only remaining non-meguiars items in my arsenal.

Tom Claessens
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:49 AM
My MF towels are non-Meguiars ones. All the other products are Meguiars!

oh.. my polisher is non-Meguiars since they don't sell it (yet) here in Belgium.

cute02spec
Sep 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
I am switching to mostly Meguiar's product slowly but surely. Right now a lot of my towels are not Megs, along with upholstery cleaner, glass cleaner, tire foam / shine products, metal polish and cleaner, and various odds and ends. All my polishes, waxes, quik detailers, and wheel cleaner are Megs.

JIMENG
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:49 PM
well........85, 83, 80, 21, 7, nxt paste, nxt spray, spray wax, scratch x, plasti-x, all meg brushes (6), QD, clay, water based dressing, endurance tire, safe degreaser, multiple pads, bonnents, I would say I am pretty much a Meg detailer. Love the products and the local service from Rick at AZ detailing... and my Porter Cable RO...

iScott
Sep 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I voted in the 75% range. But I predict that the percentage will rise over time. Only reason why it isn't 100% now is because I'm still a little green to all this stuff.

Perfectshine
Sep 18th, 2006, 11:10 PM
:coolgleam Surely am a 100% Meguiars user and always will be!:coolgleam

Older Than Dirt
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm probably around 75% Meguiar's. I don't think I've used a better soap
than NXT car wash, suds last forever and excellent lubricity. # 21 gives
me the results I desire every time. Other Megs standards are Scratch X
and Color X, they are both awesome and at a fair price. I like NXT protectant
but other products are equal to it that I have used, so sometimes its what
ever is on sale. The same with glass cleaner, I look for a good auto glass
cleaner at a fair price. I like Quick Interior Detailer a lot, it cleans and leaves
just enough shine, and doesn't attract dust. If an interior is very dirty I
use Spray Nine. It is great on almost any surface and can be diluted as
needed. For dirty whitewalls or white lettered tires I use Westly's bleach
white. Mostly because I can get it locally for cheap and in bulk. I like
Megs clay and also Quick Detailer. I have used some samples of Eagle 1
spray Nanowax that I like very much. It goes on and off like quick detailer
and leaves a better shine and a bit more protection. It works well as
a topper over #21. I like it better than NXT spray booster wax which
can be finicky at times. A product that I would like to try is the Edge
pad system. I hope Meguiar's comes out with something like this before
I am ready to purchase. Meg's brushes, pads, towels and applicators
are second to none. I hope this was helpful.

MD02RSX-S
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:45 AM
:bigups Everything that I have for cleaning is meguiars. I have the trunk organizer in my trunk that keeps all my stuff in for any detailing I need to do. Quick Detailer, Glass cleaner, Tire shine, 3 microfiber detail pads, 2 microfiber towels and other usefull items.

bencar
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:37 PM
About 80% of my cleaning and detailing products are Meguiars. As I point out to people at shows, that great shine on my cars, is care of Meguiars products, and the way they work, shows how they've stayed in business since 1901.

murquiza
Oct 20th, 2006, 07:51 AM
I use both Meguiar's and Mother's, still have some Turtle Wax stuff which I'm not re-stocking.

Red89GT
Oct 20th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I only have a few meguiars products, mainly due to the fact that its hard to find any of the professional line products in BC. I've found the selection is very limited so I usually end up buying other brands online, poorboys, Klasse, optimum etc.

hammer55
Oct 21st, 2006, 04:07 PM
I am almost 100% soon,
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/HPIM0881_Medium_.JPG

Nappers
Oct 25th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I use all Meguiars stuff, although not as good as you guys (yet:) ) I don't use anything else.

My dad got me a gift card to a local sport store and I went wild buying Meguiars stuff for my Neon. It sure looked good when I was done.

L8R

arthurtoo
Oct 26th, 2006, 05:24 AM
i have a mixture of Meguiars and 3M, these are the only 2 brand i use. and im a die hard supporter of these 2. because they are good, and the price is right. more importantly, they are good :) basically, for paint care products i use Meguiar's; for the interior, windows, and tyres, i use 3M. for the microfibre towels, i have both.

and not to forget, 3M has been paying my school fee's, the cloths i wear, the roof over my head, the car i drive, AND the $$$$ to BUY Meguiar's :P bcoz my dad works in 3M hehehee.

Graeme
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Well I'm new to detailing and I only use Megs, although like a lot here, I find it hard to get certain Megs products.

Graeme

Asaf
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Relocating to Thailand I use just about 100% of Meguiars products, at least the ones that I can find. Although due to the importing of these products the prices are extremely high compared to the good old USA. So at Christmas time I am happy because my mom asks me what I want and I say ...... yep Meguiars... Now I feel like a kid again waiting for my package to arrive from good old Santa! But instead of the north pole it will be coming from Oregon! :db:

alex_m
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Here in sweden it can still be hard to find meguiars products in usuall dealership stores.

I hope we will see more of your amazing and good products over here by the years. The best car products I ever used

gorin002
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:16 AM
truth is i have meguiras also formula1wax believe name is
smal bit of zaino
i think i only gonna use meg and formula1wax
there 1 bottle of turtelwax with ******

veedub Mike
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Most of the stuff I use is Meguiars. Some products are 3M and 1Z. For example some of the Finnesse- and Perfect-It Series and sometimes the 1Z Hartglanz (i guess it's called "Glanz Wax" in the US).
Backing plates and pads are Lake Country. Haven't tried the Meguiars pads yet.

STG
Dec 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Relocating to Thailand I use just about 100% of Meguiars products, at least the ones that I can find. Although due to the importing of these products the prices are extremely high compared to the good old USA. :db:

Although the prices may be high, the amount of product used on each detail is small. Your time is still worth more than all the Meguiar's products you could possibly apply to your car.

I recently spent about 15 hours detailing the paint on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I probably used a total of less than $15.00 worth of #83, #80, and #21. Let's add a generous $10 for wear and tear to my 8006 and 9006 pads and another $5 worth of use out of the detailing clay. That's $30 worth of Meguiar's products.

I could have used cheaper products. Let's assume I would have saved $15.

I could care less if I spend $1 or $2 every hour detailing my paint. If I had taken a cheaper route, saved $15 and been displeased with the results, I would have been %4#@!!! off at the thought of spending another two days doing the detail over.

hondaprelude98
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I am 100% Meguiars detailer becuase i used it once and cant stop. I spent over 300 dollars and still spending.

hondaprelude98
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I am 100% Meguiars detailer becuase i used it once and cant stop. I spent over 300 dollars and still spending. I used scratchX and from that first product i wont tr any thing else because i tried it and it worked and i wont go to any thing else.

keesue
Dec 28th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I am because the products work...period.

NismoStarsky
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:27 PM
Majority of my stuff is Meguiars,:bigups but i also use products from Dupont, Mothers, and Eagle one.

J. A. Michaels
Jan 31st, 2007, 06:14 PM
:spot I would have to say 95% megs. The only thing is IG and some M/f that I bought in bulk a while back.

angusdope
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:14 AM
All my polishes and waxes are meguiars, im ashamed to say this but i've found chemical guys glass cleaner very good, and i've 2 sonus der wunder buffing towels that im testing at the moment. that puts me at approx 95% meguiars.

super_mut
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
50/50 Car Aroma and Meguiars

d.mopar
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM
i mainly use my meguiars car care kit, however i also use rainx(btw that is amazing stuff)getting ready to use a microfiber by viking products, and armor all tire foam and protectint. armor all is pretty good stuff, i would rather use meguiars but u know this stuff is pretty good well i have to use it up:rolleyes:

d.mopar
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM
i use my meguiars car care kit for everything. however i also use rainx(btw is amazing stuff)getting read to use a microfiber by viking products, and armor all tire foam and protectint. i would use the meguirs but the armor is pretty good stuff and well i have to use it up:rolleyes:

d.mopar
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM
uggh srry somehow i keep getting doubles on the post its pessing me off.......lol srry

cherrycougar
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Everything but the cloths - don't sell them at any of the stores I shop at - looks like they aren't in Canada yet by the sound of some other posters. Even then I'd still by the green $10 "show cloth" I use for the final touch which is my secret weapon. I never wash cloths either I throw them away which is pricey but I don't want to use anything that has detergent on it.

CWM3
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
I am around 90%

I like the Eagle One NanoWax. Everything else is Megs. including the wax I use the most which is their Cleaner Wax and spray on NXT. The only other thing in my "kit" is some Black Magic Tire Gel with the plastic applicator which is OK.

Hopefully I can learn more on Thursday about the Professional line of products and maybe pick up some stuff.

bencar
Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
I've never been disappointed with any of the Professional Line I've used.

I am around 90%

I like the Eagle One NanoWax. Everything else is Megs. including the wax I use the most which is their Cleaner Wax and spray on NXT. The only other thing in my "kit" is some Black Magic Tire Gel with the plastic applicator which is OK.

Hopefully I can learn more on Thursday about the Professional line of products and maybe pick up some stuff.

CAShine
Dec 22nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I use about 99% Meguiars stuff. There are only a few items that I dont use that is Meguiars such as Simple Green when carpet extracting. Otherwise all my paint supplies are def Megs.

CAShine
Dec 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I use about 99% Meguiars stuff. There are only a few items that I dont use that is Meguiars such as Simple Green when carpet extracting. Otherwise all my paint supplies are def Megs.

DaGonz
Dec 24th, 2007, 07:59 AM
80 to 85% Meguiars (pro line/detailer line)

I also use CAR products, 3M, Sonus, Zep, RainX and Stoner's products.

GM Master
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I use everything but microfibers can not find them in any retail stores.

340sport
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Almost. Everything but MF towels and 303.

b2bomber
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
it's kinda hard finding some megs stuff from my place.

i also use 3M, Klasse, Zaino, Autoglym and Moms, for the towels, Microtex.

EAT HEMI
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Meguiar's for everything except I love Mothers' Back to Black for my Vinyl Decals on the Daytona.

Raymond
Jan 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I'd say currently I'm at 75%. As I run out of the non-Meguiars stuff they get replaced with Meguiars products... so I'll be on my way to 100% soon hopefully!

rebelde33
Jan 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm getting there. I think the only products I have that aren't Meguiar's are the MF towels and the Armor All tire gel.

MBA-J
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I don't use the MF towels or the quick detailing products. Vroom MF towels from Target are my favorite, along with my all-time favorite QD - Turtle Wax Ice (old Wax Shop Slick Stuff formula).

But after toying around with other products, I use Gold Class soap, Quick Clay, DC1/ScratchX, DC2/#7, and NXT 2.0. I'm still getting a hold of the PlastX, as it's not working as well as I want it to by hand on my headlights.

I'm thinking about purchasing a DA, so I'm torn between the Meguiars version, PC, or go "big boy" and get a Flex. My dad found a hood for me to work on, so I'm ready to practice.

Detail Werks
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
100% Meguiar's 100% of the time.

SL1CK
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
100%.

Except for microfiber wheel towels. I just can't imagine getting a new Meg's SS Microfiber all black and dirty!!!

SKP428
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM
80% to 85% Meguiars . I LIKE TO USE 3M TO DO THE HEAVY CUTS AND TO REMOVE SAND SCRATCHES AND MEGUIARS TO FINSH THE REST OF THE WAY .

houndlover
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
About 50% of my collection is Meguiar's stuff, and the remainder is a mix of other brands - Menzerna, Duragloss, Collinite, Pinnacle, Poorboys, 3M, Protectall, P21S, S100, Optimum, Lake Country, and a handfull of others. I will say that as a product line, Meguiar's offers the most complete line, and has never let me down.

Joe's detailing
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's Impossible to be a 100% Meguiar's user being a commercial detailer.
Some of the best carpet cleaning products are made by Spartan chemical
and 3M makes some nice stuff too...

Breaks down to 94% Meguiar's 6% other....:D

TwinSport
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
I mostly use Meguiar's but I've got some different microfibre towels, pads and a different wheel brush.

AeroCleanse
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
It's Impossible to be a 100% Meguiar's user being a commercial detailer.
Some of the best carpet cleaning products are made by Spartan chemical

I'll have to check them out!

andyp
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I mostly use meguiars stuff.

I use some Auto Glym stuff because I try and stay at least a little loyal to my country. Their super resin polish is good, along with the silicone spray (it protects plastics and vinyl, gives a nice matt shine and smells of apples!).

Other than that its megs for everything!

st-dubtx
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Most all is megs except my stoners IG, some Target MF's and Wal-Mart terries and my Porter Cable DA.

Have found megs to be my go to products and the more I work, the more I see great results. The new products are exceptional!

southpactire
Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
All of the detailing chemicals that I use are from the Meguiars line except tire dressing. My husband buys it in bulk for his store from a different supplier, so that is what I use. I do use Costco microfibers, the cost can't be beat. Although I have some Lake County pads that came with my PC, I don't like them as well as the Meguiars pads. I haven't tried Meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner yet. My saddlemaker recommended Bee cleaner/conditioner and I use that on saddles and auto interiors.

Byktor
May 5th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I love Meguiar´s, mainly as for refined half and finish. In some cases I use cheap MF´s (mainly for the interior, motor and heavy tasks), I have even used products of 3M for their cut power and when the time of delivery is a factor to take into account.

Most of my favorite chemists are of the line Detailer but don't forget that in my country (Mexico) we don't have the variety that I would like to find.

TRIPOWER1
May 5th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Im about 85-90% meguiars products. Its great to be able to have the product when I run out of them I can pick them up the same day at the local part store or a local retailer, and not to wait for ups/ fed-ex to drop off.

hacker-pschorr
May 5th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I've tried a lot of products over the years, I come back to Meguiars because I can find it locally. IMO most products are good and will work for whatever they are supposed to do (if used properly).

The only exceptions are RejeX that I picked up over the winter, I'm going to give that a try since I have it.
I've always used P21S wheel cleaner for my rims.

Not sure if this counts but I use Simple Green for anything other than paint that doesn't need a full degreaser (Castrol Super Clean for that).

navyblue2000
May 6th, 2008, 05:40 AM
When it comes to paint cleaning products, I'm 100% meguiar's.

Utility tools such as brushes etc not exclusively Meg's, and I prefer Stoner's invisible glass. But other than that I'm all Meg's.

Kooz
May 6th, 2008, 06:16 AM
The only non-Megs products I use are Westley's Bleche White, The Absorber, Rain-X, degreaser, and various cleaning tools like brushes and cloths.

I was a Stoner's Invisible Glass user but I just got my first bottle of NXT Glass Cleaner online which is every bit as good or better than IG and it smells much nicer.

callmemrbill
May 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM
All Meguiars except for my PC and Costco Microfiber towels -
Ultimate bonnets, 4 pads, backing plate, #80, #83, #20, #21, #9, NXT Tech Wax, NXT Speed detailer, NXT Glass Cleaner, Insane Tire, Wheel Cleaner, NXT Car Wash.......I think that's all that is in my kit - - - Wife says "Enough"

Mike

Those Costco microfiber towels work excellent. They are not very expensive and you get w whole mess of them. I have ordered some Megs microfiber cloths and towels to see how they work.

R1C4
May 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Here in Sao Paulo,Brazil its hard to find Meguiar's products otherwise it will be 100% meguiar's,my collection are:
NXT1.0 paste,ScratchX,UQD,QID,Gold Class Rich Leather,Gold Class Endurance High Gloss and NXT metal polisher. soon to come M#83.
Non meguiar's - brazilian brand car shampoo and lexol.ph for cleaning leather.
wishlist that are not avaliable in Brazil - APC,Gold Class or NXT car wash,PlastX and many others...

Jeepster04
May 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM
When it comes to paint cleaning products, I'm 100% meguiar's.

Utility tools such as brushes etc not exclusively Meg's, and I prefer Stoner's invisible glass. But other than that I'm all Meg's.

I also used Stoners till I found the glass cleaner from the meguiars line. It smells awesome and does just as good if not alot better than stoners.. And it comes concentrated so its alot cheaper. :)

I always had problems with stoners fogging up on me. :help1

V.I.P.E.R
May 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I like to try different stuff from time to time i llove the meguiars' line for the price you can't go wrong but there are alot of companies' out there that are good even great it really depends' on what your looking to get out of the product's you use

I use alot of zymol cause of the cars' i have and detail they want it i use it or they go to alot of high end shows' and request zymol to be used on there cars' but when i have to compound or polish i use a few meguiar products' to help get the paint and clear coat the best i can before the wax / glaze goes' on

But you have to decide what you want the product to do and also the price you want to spend i use vintage which cost almost $2000.00 and i use it alot but i also use m2164 alot too oh and i use m2611 have not used there clay bar yet bbut will be tring very soon

So much out there to try just prices' limit everyone to try it kinda *****' sometimes' lol

mpbsystem
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:50 PM
I am a basically a 100% Meguiars product user. The only thing I have in my kit that isn't Meguiars is the Aquapel Windshield treatments (RainX competitor product).

My Kit includes the following:

Professional Mirror Glaze Product:
M21 - Synthetic Sealant 2.0
M26 - Hi-Tech Yellow Wax - Liquid Form
M34 - Final Inspection
M80 - Speed Glaze
M82 - Swirl Free Polish
M83 - Dual Action Cleaner Polish
M84 - Compound Power Cleaner
C2000 & 2100 - Mild and Aggressive Detailing Clay
W66 - Easy Buff Rotary Backing Plate
Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloths

Professional Detailer Line:
D101 - All Purpose Cleaner Plus
D110 - Hyper-Wash
D120 - Glass Cleaner Concentrate
D130 - Body Solvent
D140 - Wheel Brightener
D155 - Last Touch
D170 - Hyper-Dressing
D180 - Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Additional Meguiars Products:
All the dispenser bottles and spray bottles with their respective sprayers.
PlastiX
Microfiber Wash Mitts
Water Magnet Microfiber Towels
Soft Touch Microfiber Chamois
Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pads
Soft Foam Applicator Pads
Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels
Soft Buff Terry Cloth Towels
Soft Buff 2.0 Pad Assortment

scottphys
Aug 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I am 110% all Meguiars. I will allow nothing else to touch my car...period.
For all those reading this forum who have not yet tried Meguiars, try anything you want, spend as much money as you want, waste all the time in the world, but you will NEVER find anything comparable to Meguiars...EVER.

End of discussion.

:thinking1

Superior Shine
Aug 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
For all those reading this forum who have not yet tried Meguiars, try anything you want, spend as much money as you want, waste all the time in the world, but you will NEVER find anything comparable to Meguiars...EVER.

End of discussion.

Barry!?! Is that you?

Mikejl
Sep 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM

End of discussion.

Barry!?! Is that you?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thejazzguy
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Meguiar's makes great stuff, but the Megs wheel cleaners are difficult to find in Southern Ontario Canada. I use P21S (gel) wheel cleaner, which is simply fantastic. I used (and always liked) Eagle One wheel cleaners, until I tried P21S.

Holden_Caulfield04
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Meguiar's makes great stuff, but the Megs wheel cleaners are difficult to find in Southern Ontario Canada. I use P21S (gel) wheel cleaner, which is simply fantastic. I used (and always liked) Eagle One wheel cleaners, until I tried P21S.

Another good (and less expensive) option is Sonax Wheel Gel. As far as I can tell, it's very similar to P21S Wheel Gel for about $8 per bottle. It can be purchased at any BMW dealership (it's labeled as a BMW care product).

Dj's Detailing
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Meguiar's + Costco terry and microfiber towels= Perfection

JamieR
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
100% user, or at least try to be, I just wish some of the products were easier to find up here in Canada...

Honda Fit
Sep 17th, 2008, 09:19 PM
About 80-90% of my products are all Meguiar's. Other products that aren't are:

-Stoner's Glass Cleaner
-Generic Microfiber Towels
-Eagle One Tire Shine
-Pad Applicators

littlejim82
Sep 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Everything I use has the Meguiars name on it.

eyezack87
Sep 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Only Megs stuff I have are Last Touch, Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner, Endurance Gel, UQD, and #83. I use various other stuff for other things :)

i pamper my corolla
Oct 27th, 2008, 07:54 PM
About half of my stuff is Meguiar's

ScratchX
ColorX
PlastX
DC car wash
DC paint cleaner
GC paste wax
#26 liquid wax

Carfire
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Now I am a 100% Meguiars User, before I was not more like 50%

gjohn28
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Probably 85-90% Meguiar's.

About the only products I don't always get from Meguiar's are wash mitts, MF towels, applicator pads and no-rinse car wash for winter.

Tuck91
Jan 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
95% percent of my products are Meguiars

Non Meguiars products i use once in a while:

Costco Microfibers
IG
Interior dressing pads

Other than that, Everyting else I use is Meguiars

Megafast13
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Most of my towels are from other brands. I use Wesley Bleche white as well. Other than that, all Meg's.

eric_son
Feb 27th, 2009, 02:58 AM
My non-Megs stuff (car waxes, polishes, etc) are usually Christmas and birthday gift items I get from friends in the office. :)

Underdawg736
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
The only NON megs stuff I use is towels, pads, and brushes. Ohh I use Simple Green to clean tires and grease and Stoners Invisible Glass for the windows.

MyFirstES300
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I trust Meguiar's for 75% of my detailing needs. I think we all must admit though, we all dabble in something from time to time that we end up liking for one reason or another.

Tuck91
Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
recently i tried eagle one 20/20 and RainX glass cleaner but the RainX ended up streaking and left a smeary look so i just set it aside and brought out NXT Glass cleaner.

Details
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I use all meguiars everything except the wheel cleaner... detail kings is cheaper and in my eyes wheel cleaner is wheel cleaner

TCFLAGIRL2008
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I used almost every thing Meguiar's on my first detail ! I have to say I love all the great scents! (Never knew wax could smell so nice ) :xyxthumbs

CumminsCrazed
Apr 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM
wouldnt say 100% but fairly close, maybe 80%?

Superior Shine
May 31st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Wow! I started this post almost four years ago!

Eddie6th
May 31st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Before i discovered Meguiar's,i used to use another well known brand of car care products.Their line is very good.The first time i applied Meg's to my car,though i noticed a whopping difference.(about 8 yrs ago).

My vote is true in the sense that,if i could get every meg's products here i would,but unfortunatley i can't.

The only one i wouldn't buy again is quik wax.It didn't work for me,but i hear the UQW is much improved. I prefer the QDing line anyway,so it's still 100% for me!

:bigups

thescreensavers
Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Most of my stuff is Megs :)

Alex C.
Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
I still have a couple lingerers (other brands) that i can't seem to get rid of.:dunno I'll probably end up giving the stuff away as i don't use it anymore, it just sits there taking up space.

CieraSL
Jun 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
I didn't have a lot of Meg's stuff when I first joined MOL. Now I'd say that just under half of my stuff is Meg's. Must have more! :drool1

Calais
Aug 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I would say ~90% of my detailing supplies are Meguiar's products. Westly's Bleche-Wite, Nevr-Dull, 3m glass cleaner and generic MF wash mitts (though I sometimes use my Meguiar's Gold Class Plush mitt), Stoner's IG, Gunk engine degreaser gel, Eagle One tire swipes, miscellaneous brushes for wheels, interior vents and engine detailing.

dope92cc
Aug 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I think I voted %75 but my collection is about %80-90.
no Meguiars brushes :(, gunk degreaser, CD2, eagle one tyre swipes, a powerball mini…
and my first detailing stuff I ever bought- IG, and rainX.

I have some more products from different brands but I don't use them anymore.

cardriver
Sep 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM
My entire closet is a warehouse of Meg's supplies. Everything seems to be equally distributed between Consumer, Mirror Glaze and Detailer-Line stuff. However, the Detailer-line supplies take up the most physical space, as I have many gallons of the awesome stuff, stacked in crates :).

As for the non-Megs stuff...

I'm still searching for a good leather cleaner & conditioner that is easy to use and non-greasy. I want soft, supple, quality new-car-appearance leather. Not apple-smelling slip 'n slide leather that reflects the sunlight like a teenager's sweaty forehead.

I do use APC 4:1 on tires, but I have, and prefer Westley's Bleche-Wite. It works faster and better.

MFs: Zwipes in the 36-pack off Amazon work just fine for a very reasonable price.

DA Pads: I'm not a fan of SoftBuff 2.0's; primarily the yellow Polishing Pad.
I've since purchased a few 5.5'' Lake Country CCS DA pads and can't wait to try them out.

Stronger Polishes: I've had bad luck with M105 on the DA. I have a feeling that the weak link was more the Yellow SB2 pads than m105, but I'm almost willing to try some alternative polishes...maybe UNO HD (or w/e it's called, or Menzerna SIP, etc).

If anyone looked in my closet though, they would think my name was Barry Meguiar :nervous1 :worship.

JohanD
Oct 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Everything I use is meguiars except for some of the microfiber towels, and products meguiars doesn't compete with. Meguiars does not have their own brand of grit guards for example.

I have about 10 meguiars microfibers and 24 of the ADS microfibers. I use the meguiars for the paint and the ADS for the interior, glass, tires, etc. If the job is extra dirty I have a 4 large vroom MF towels I can grease up.

As far as car wash, wax, quick detailer, everything of that sort is meguiars. Before I joined the forum my garage was scarce of car care products. You might find one bottle of wax and some car wash soap in the entire garage but you would have to dig for it.

eagleguy
Oct 10th, 2009, 05:37 AM
50%

Unfortunately I have found that here in Central Fl some other waxes and cleaners work and hold up much better. One such product is "Royal Blue" which is bought on line or at car shows. NXT has been a dissapointment for me personally.

JLMex
Oct 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I would say 80% is Meguiar's... is hard to find SShine MF towels (which the few I have are precious and exclusive for my paint) and pads in local stores, also the car shampoo is turtle wax ice, and the rubber and plastic trim detailer is black magic
Even stuff that I don't use is Meguiars, like the Chrome polish... I don't have any chrome in my car :chuckle1
But the rest like C/Wax, DC2, GC paste, HotRims Alluminium, tire shine, QD, UQD, Carpet cleaner, QI detailer, ScratchX, SwirlX, clay.... Meguiar's all the way!! :dp:

Aussie Glossy
Nov 14th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I only use meguiars foam and wool pads along with many other brands of foams
Don't use any meguiars liquid products. I've tested ninety brands in every conceivable way and tbh - meguiars products just didn't impress me though thats not to say that people cant get a world class finish with them.
Just personal preference.

There's more to paint care than abrasively removing it.
Reflowing paint, softening it for easier correction, hardening it, burying orange peel, amplifying the colour richness are things that the meguiars products couldnt do for me unlike those I do use.

Calais
Nov 20th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I only use meguiars foam and wool pads along with many other brands of foams
Don't use any meguiars liquid products. I've tested ninety brands in every conceivable way and tbh - meguiars products just didn't impress me though thats not to say that people cant get a world class finish with them.
Just personal preference.

There's more to paint care than abrasively removing it.
Reflowing paint, softening it for easier correction, hardening it, burying orange peel, amplifying the colour richness are things that the meguiars products couldnt do for me unlike those I do use.

Would you care to elucidate what products, exactly, you do use that you are impressed with? Also: have you tried M105, I've noticed some guys that down right don't like the Meguiar's product lines must admit that M105 is some pretty amazing stuff. I would be surprised if you didn't like M105; but to each his own.

adi1202
Feb 21st, 2010, 04:01 AM
I Use all the Meguiars products from washing to maintaining it...
NXT Generation Car wash, Ultimate Quick Detailer, Ultimate Quick Wax,
Microfiber Wash Mitt, Supreme shine microfiber towel, Scratch x,
Gold Class Endurance high gloss, Ultimate compound, Deep Crystal system Polish,
NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover,
Quik Interior Detailer,NXT Generation Glass Cleaner, Plastx clear plastic cleaner & polish, Gold Class Trim Detailer, G220 dual polisher, water magnet microfiber drying towel, Soft buff cutting pad, Soft buff polishing pad, Soft buff finishing pad,
detailing clay, Ultimate wipe detailing cloth, MEGUIARS TRIPLE DUTY DETAIL BRUSH MULTI CLEANING

I think that's all..
(http://cgi.ebay.com/Meguiars-Supreme-Shine-Microfiber-Towel-X2020_W0QQitemZ350237458627QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518bc780c3)

Mongoose
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Mostly Meguiars but my towels are from various brands and I prefer Mothers Tire Shine over others I've tried in the past.

smack
May 19th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I have mostly Megs stuff but wish they had some wheel wax.

acarneiro
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, im 100% Meguiars customer!

Unfortunately Meguiars dont sell water to wash my car lol

My Meguiars products on garage:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/142/img0109tn.jpg

TOGWT
Jul 12th, 2010, 01:52 AM
There are too many inovations in chemical products to use only one company's products with the exception of Warner Chemicals

wifpd4
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:48 AM
There are too many inovations in chemical products to use only one company's products with the exception of Warner Chemicals

Is this the correct web address for them? It seems to have a problem.

http://www.warnerchemical.com/

Forgot - yes I'm nearly 100% Meguiar's. Still looking for that perfect clear bra product.

Ravi_1992
Aug 2nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
I'm slowly converting to 100% Meguiars (waiting for everything I bought before to run out) with the exception to some black magic products (wheel care, smells just as good as meguiars :D )

lexterminator
Aug 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I started initially at a 100% Meguiars user (mostly consumer line) then it went down because I was curious to try other stuff. Also with time I discovered a real passion for detailing so I bought more and more products just for the curiosity of trying different things. Also increasing the collection of Meguiar's Professional line, Ultimate line at the same time.

I would say now that my collection is about 50% Meguiar's and I have a lot of stuff from Malco, AutoGlym and Pinnacle.

For the price I find that Meguiar's is pretty much unmatched, Malco is also very good with similar prices but I find Meguiar's is putting more efforts and thoughts behind their products and always come with new stuff that we can rely on and proven to be efficient. I do have a 7424XP but I prefer to work by hand with the handjobber grip for more control. Ultimately I find that Pinnacle offers the best stuff around but at very high prices.

I made a list of my favorite products on my black CTS (totally subjective) :

Favorite detailer for surface prep \ clay: Meguiar's original Quick Detailer.
Favorite detailer with wax: Pinnacle Crystal Mist (unbelievable on dark cars)
Favorite spray wax: Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax
Favorite Paste Wax: AutoGlym High Definition Wax
Favorite Liquid Wax: Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. NXT 2.0 is very good too
Favorite Polish: Malco Nano Care Polishing Creme
Favorite Compound: Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
Favorite Car Wash: Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
Favorite Tire Dressing: Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel
Favorite "All-in-One": Malco Cleaner Wax
Favorite detailer for interior: Meguiar's Quick Detailer Interior
Favorite leather conditioner: Malco Leather Conditioner
Favorite trim detailer: Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant (awesome!)

It's pretty much spread into several brands but I always keep an eye on what Meguiar's is coming up with. I like the Odor Eliminator and the new Ultimate Protect, became a favorite right away ! :dp:
Since I mostly work by hand I bought today the Polishing Compound. I will also soon get the Rubbing Compound. Very curious to try these new products ! Will post reviews.

cheers and thanks Meguiar's for the great products !

BillE
Aug 19th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I have to say 99%.

Over my years, I've tried some many different products that I should have been given multiple sets of 'Ginzu Knifes'. I just kept AND keep coming back to Meguiars.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Sean Conrad
Sep 20th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I use nothing but Meguiar's products except for Invisible Glass. I will eventually get some of the D-line glass cleaner, but for now I love Invisible Glass. Actually, I will eventually get everything to be either from the D-line or Mirror Glaze.

JuniorJPG
Sep 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM
I would have to say I use 99% Meguiar's products. The only things that arent meguiars are my window cleaner (I've been hooked on stoner since before I found Meguiar's products) and the Microfibers I use on the interior. All my chemicals and exterior microfibers are all Meg's though. I would never use another product!

smack
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I would have to say 90% of my products are Meguiars. I just recently picked up the motorcylce line and am waiting to use it. The only things that I dont have Meguiars is the grit gaurd, stoner glass cleaner, and interior detail towels. I wish to only be an exclusive Meguiars user but either I am going to have to convince walmart or autozone or similiar to carry Megs glass cleaner. Maybe I will throw down and order Megs glass cleaner with my next online purchase.

_Rodrigo
Nov 6th, 2010, 05:54 AM
90%.

The non-Meguiars products I use are microfiber towels and Clay bar.

In Brazil both products from Meguiars will cost twice or more than 3M and produces the same results for that I need.

Have also one bottle of 3M liquid wax that I'm not using anymore. I do prefer #26.

Regards!

1996_Subaru_Impreza
Feb 12th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I Use Meguiars 80 percent of the time and the other times I use mothers because it's very close to Meguiars and it costs a little less. I will some times buy cheap microfibre towels just a cost saver. And I also use some 3M products like there compound and there polish and it's a price and Quality balance. Not only that some Meguiars products have 3M products in them anyways.

cadillacman91
Apr 9th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I am in the process of converting over to Meguiars. My Waxes, paint cleaners, polishes, and detail sprays are Meguiars, the tire shine, and interior protectors are not. But they will be soon, One I can get my other stuff used up!

Echelon
May 5th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'm 99% megs until my bottle of Mother's Back-To-Black runs out, then it's on to Ultimate Black and 100% Meguiars!

Inkslinger
May 6th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I am currently about 90% Megs. I have some 'other brand' car shampoo & glass cleaner to use up. But once they need replacing, it will be Megs that I buy!

Carolina08
May 30th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm 99% megs until my bottle of Mother's Back-To-Black runs out, then it's on to Ultimate Black and 100% Meguiars!

I could not agree with you anymore!

Superior Shine
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
WOW!! The post that will not die - LOL!!!

I asked this question almost 6 years ago!! YES, I still use 99.99999% Meguiars products!!!!

JeepGreenGloss
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM
about 90% meguiars..the rest of my products are item that were on sale which I cannot pass up...however I would never use an armorall product..everything else is fair game if its on sale & Under $6.00

dtuna42
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Easily more than half Meguair's; slowly replacing used other brands of some things with Megs as needed. One thing I just don't really like is the leather cleaner/conditioner combo spray (Gold Class?). I just prefer the 2-bottle set from Blue Magic. I think the leather feels better with separate cleaner and conditioner applications- plus, the Blue Magic conditioner smells better... Is that weird??

zbestwun2001
Sep 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, most except my tire dressing. I get that from the tire shop. They have this water-soluble dressing I like.
I doesn't make the rubber shinny just makes it looks new. It's a blue milky looking liquid.

imz4n
Sep 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
all but PC, towels, some pads, and convertible top protestant

Bjkearns
Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I would say that I am 95% Meguiars

jezz12
Oct 10th, 2011, 05:19 AM
100% Meguiar's user Scottwax2

DCopp
Oct 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM
My PC, towels, and glass cleaner (Stoner) are about all that isn't Megs. Oh my PC pads are Sonax because I got an unbeatable deal on eBay on them...

chadmillikan
Nov 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
All but my class cleaner and my DA are meguiars. Glass cleaner is Vinegar and filtered water an my DA I a porter cable

Raykreations
May 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Over 50% of what I use is a Meguiar's product. The non-Megs products I really like are Armor All Ultra Shine Wash & Wax for my suds bucket. Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish is an amazing product as well. I used up my Megs clay kit and went with Mothers cause the store had it at a great price and was looking to try another clay (heard Mothers was slightly more aggressive anyway).

zbestwun2001
May 6th, 2012, 05:45 AM
All Maguiar's except that Turtle Wax is now making a great instant detailer and quick wax. I go back and forth on those... catch a sale here... catch one there.... I use a water based dressing on my tires also that I get from the tire shop. ...but my wax, is Maguiar's, interior cleaner, protectorate all Mag.

ffboy
May 27th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I've been trying out different brands, particularly the instant detailers. I've tried out recently a couple of turtle wax platinum series ultra gloss detailers and eagle one due to budget issues so i thought maybe I should try these alternatives even if its not on the same level as the ultimtate quik detailer or showtime detailer by miothers., honestly i find that it goes on easily and is streak free. Nice thing about it is that its priced quite low, and you do get a lot for the price. However, i feel that it should be repacked into bigger bottles. Megs and others usually size their detailers 650ml and above, the turtle is only 473ml, but even so i feel its still a decent product even without the high tech polymers in some of the more premium quick detailers.

Jbirk
Sep 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Stoner Invisible Glass - Still the best EVER glass cleaner. Beats Windex, Eagle 20/20, Armorall, and RainX glass cleaners! Even beat the Nxt Glass Cleaner years ago cleaning up the streaks Nxt left behind! Am now experimenting with Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner, we will see which i like better!

I still use Eagle 1 Wax as you Dry (or whatever it is called) because I bought it 6 years ago and still have it...

Tons of Micro Fibers that aren't Meg's

Turtle Wax Interior 1 Upholstery Cleaner Oxy (simply because Meg's doesn't have a product to do this on my store shelves... this product works OK, but not well)

RainX/Rain Clear (Again, no Meg's Product that I know of for this)

Mother's Powerball/PowerCone (again, no Meg's product for this that I know of)

c5errr
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:09 AM
i am a 75% meguiars user

megs: compounds polishes waxes APC cleaners interior protection microfiber towels

the rest:
portercable: DA polisher
lake country: foam pads
cquartz: paint coating
misc wolfgang griots autoglym

C8N
May 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I am not 100% Meguiar's User but pretty darn close.

Only things that are not Meg's is my DA, pads, Rinseless Wash and WW MF drying towel.

Meguiar's stuff that I do have are...
Ultimate Compound
SwirlX
ColorX
Ultimate Polish
Clay
Quik Detailer
Quik Interior Detailer
Ultimate Quik Wax
Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Hot Rims All Wheels and Tire Cleaner
Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel
Gold Glass Carnauba Plus
NXT Tech Wax
Ultimate Liquid Wax
HiTech Applicator Pads
EvenCoat Applicator
Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels
Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth

Off the top of my head... I think those are all.

coupesprinter
May 13th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Not a 100% Meguiar's user.

I will be trying these Meguiar's product equivalents as I exhaust what I already have:
1) Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish - Widely available, and works with exceptional results.
2) Mother's Cleaner Wax - Smells great w/ easy application & removal.

Products I won't replace w/ Meguiars:
1) Zaino 9 (Leather Cleaner) & Zaino 10 (Leather in a Bottle), smells great & non-greasy. I tried GC Leather Cleaner & Leather Conditioner (both sprays). I am not satisfied with the Leather Conditioner, it left my leather seats excessively oily.
2) XP Renew-It - Works great to nourish any plastic trim!
3) Warehouse store microfiber towels - Purchased in bulk, inexpensive... can't beat it.
4) Absorber to dry.

Meguiar's products I use regularly: Hot Rims (All Wheel/Rim and Aluminum Wheel cleaners), GC Wash/Conditioner, Clay Kit, QD, UQD, ULW, GCQW, and Hot Shine tire shine.
Other stuff I use when needed: UC, SwirlX, M07, M80, M83, and I recently got a bottle of UP!

Raykreations
Jun 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I used up my Megs clay kit and went with Mothers cause the store had it at a great price and was looking to try another clay (heard Mothers was slightly more aggressive anyway).
Bad Idea...The Mother's clay was very sticky and was almost like working with pizza dough. So NOW I have a fresh supply of Meguiar's clay. Live and learn :ignore1

KBzPTGT
Aug 6th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Bad Idea...The Mother's clay was very sticky and was almost like working with pizza dough. So NOW I have a fresh supply of Meguiar's clay. Live and learn :ignore1

What did you use for lube? some clays seem to like a certain brand of lube while others you can use anything :nervous1

RPPM
Aug 6th, 2013, 05:34 AM
That matches my experience with Mothers Clay, very sticky even when using Megs Quik Detailer, or Mother's Show detailer...

The Driver
Sep 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm probably around 15-20% of my whole line.

Polishes - Menzerna
Chem cutters - Car-pro
Apc - 1Z
Sealant - Car-pro
Dressings - Chem Guys
Soaps - Chem guys
Clay - Riccaro
Cleaners - Meguiars
Wax's - Was swissvax - replaced with megs M16 ;)

One thing of note... I'd buy ALOT more megs products if they made some new age tech stuff. I'm always looking for quality products that save me time. Ex. Nano skin hybrid clay wash mitt! MEGS CAN YOU HEAR ME!

jankerson
Oct 16th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Been using all Megs products for a VERY long time, over 30 years now.

marc otra
Mar 6th, 2014, 07:21 AM
not a 100% cause i cant find all the products where i live

billddrummer
Mar 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM
100% with chemicals, but use cheaper terry towels, found in bulk at a good price.

the towels are 100% terry, deep pile and work.

Coldazice
Jul 28th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I'm almost there ...

I use GC Shamp & Cond, GC Quik Wax, ULW, Megs Polish, WWA. The only product I am still trying to figure out the hype about and use as an additional pre-cleaner to lift dirt off my motorcycle is honda and polish and cleaner. I use it dampen my MF cloth when I wipe of the Meg's polish.

spencers94
Aug 1st, 2015, 07:45 AM
The vast majority of my products are Meguiar's. Like 90%. I have a few Mothers products, Lexol, Stoner Bug & Tar Remover, Sprayway glass cleaner and few other brands that only have 1 product from. Otherwise, Meguiar's all the way!

ffboy
Aug 4th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Majority of my line up now.. I have Black Wax, NXT 2.0 and Ultimate Paste Wax, UQD and UQW, Ultimate Protectant and Ultimate Interior Detailer, and Ultimate Compound.

Mothers: Step 1 Cleaner and Step 2 glaze, CG Synthetic, leather cleaner and leather conditioner, VLR, showtime, reflections top coat, and reflections spray wax

I also have Collinites 476s (the Big one) and 915, I love those 2.

Lastly, 3M... leather and vinyl restorer, performance finish and perfect it paste wax.

I somehow find a good way to mix and match most of them!

LT10retired
Sep 18th, 2019, 05:56 PM
i just collected my detailing supplies from my dad's garage, I did a inventory of my detailing items and remarked at how much Meguiars I have , Reminding me what great products they have. Mostly mf towels , brushes and buffing pads were the the other brands

Nick Winn
Sep 19th, 2019, 08:29 AM
i just collected my detailing supplies from my dad's garage, I did a inventory of my detailing items and remarked at how much Meguiars I have , Reminding me what great products they have. Mostly mf towels , brushes and buffing pads were the the other brands

:woot1

Leo
Sep 27th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Better than 90% Meguiars even my orbital buffer. On occasion I have bought Mother's products but I like to keep everything the same. Most non Meguiars products were won in raffles at shows and cruise nights. My classic car get's all Meguiars. Microfiber towels I get everywhere.

ironbark
Oct 5th, 2019, 09:29 PM
I had been a user of Meguiars products for about 40 years.

Yesterday I went and bought product made by a competitor.

It's not that Meguiars products are no good, there are now many other products good as or if not better than Meguiars.

Whilst residents of the USA have access to Meguiars products at a fair and reasonable price, here in Australia it has become just too expensive to use them.

I did sent Meguiars Australia a message questioning their increasing un-affordable prices, they didn't even have the decency to reply.

I now use Bowdens Own who generally have good regular specials, besides being made in Australia they don't rip off people with their excessive prices.