PDA

View Full Version : Interior glass haze...



gb387
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:43 PM
I rotate between Quick Interior Detailer and NXT Protectant... Both are very good products, I have trouble deciding what I like better so I have to go back and forth.

It seems when I use the NXT Protectant I get more haze on the interior of my windows. Is it just me or anyone else have this happen.

Tim Lingor
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Hey Gb,

I have not noticed that nor heard of any issues like that with the NXT Tech Protectant. I will try and see if I notice any differences on my own truck....

Tim

rusty bumper
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by gb387
I rotate between Quick Interior Detailer and NXT Protectant... Both are very good products, I have trouble deciding what I like better so I have to go back and forth.

It seems when I use the NXT Protectant I get more haze on the interior of my windows. Is it just me or anyone else have this happen.
I've heard of a car's plastic & vinyl interior parts causing this kind of problem. Vapors released from these components that can cause a haze on the interior glass over time.

It could be that there's something in NXT Protectant that's contributing to this.

But I'm just guessing here, since I've never used this product yet.

2000
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:19 AM
when i get around to my work truck (dodge) no matter what I use inside the next day our two I get a haze, but after another window cleaning it stops. I figured it was due to the fact my work truck doesn't get alot of my time, but I know thats not the case with yours. I have used #40, nxt and natural shine inside and all seem to do the same.

gb387
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 2000
when i get around to my work truck (dodge) no matter what I use inside the next day our two I get a haze, but after another window cleaning it stops. I figured it was due to the fact my work truck doesn't get alot of my time, but I know thats not the case with yours. I have used #40, nxt and natural shine inside and all seem to do the same.

I have never really tried to clean after I first see the haze... might give that a try. I have only used NXT and QID inside on this truck. NXT line was introduced about the time I bought this truck.

:xyxthumbs

2000
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
the haze you refer to, its it usually in the moring or late at night, more or less like a fogging of the inside window?

gb387
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by 2000
the haze you refer to, its it usually in the moring or late at night, more or less like a fogging of the inside window?

You see it more/less depending on the sun day or night, its more annoying than anything. it wipes off very easy with some NXT Glass Cleaner.

Tim Lingor
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hey,

It sure sounds like the gases coming out of the vinyl. I have had some vehicles that seemed to have that issue more than others. Also, does anyone that uses the work truck smoke?

Tim

Jeff Smith
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:57 AM
I get this haze but very minor. It usually seems to be noticable after I have had to run my defogger for a couple of minutes to get rid of moisture mostly probably caused by my own breath on very humid days.

When I get it, I don't bother breaking out any window cleaner. Usually a clean, dry MF does the job very nicely when it comes to removing this haze.

2000
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by 2hotford
does anyone that uses the work truck smoke?

just the truck itself.:D
but that is a great comparision, it is alot like a smoking haze, but much easier to remove. it wipes off where as smokers haze smears around. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the plastic. it only does it for a day or two after I dress it than I reclean the glass and no more till the next time.

BenP
Oct 1st, 2005, 12:37 AM
Just seen this thread so thought I'd add that one main contributory factor to interior glass hazing are the gasses in your air conditiining system.

Ben

Ranger72
Oct 1st, 2005, 02:29 AM
I rarely use my a/c, but the other day I entered a car show that was in a beach parking lot. I noticed that the next day I had a haze in all my interior glass, I had used 40 on the whole interor a week ago and the glass was cleaned as well, so that wasnt the case, I think it had something to do with the air from being 100 yards or so from the water. My buddies car had the same thing. So it may also be contributed to the air, the dressing combinedwith the vinly release vapors and the whatever is in the air, may all contribute to this condition.