PDA

View Full Version : It's arrived!

Blr123
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Morning everyone,

Well my new Meguiar's DA has just this minute walked through the door, it's looking good :xyxthumbs

That has taken a week, it was ordered from Auto Detaling Solutions last Thursday evening, perfect :db: :xyxthumbs

I'm planning to go with what I have for the first attempt that will be: -

wash & dry
clay
rinse & dry
if time #16

Would there be any mileage using #82 after #80?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Bryan

explore_02xlt
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:26 AM
sounds like your approach is solid. i don't get your question about the mileage?

romulus
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:51 AM
A quick note. Just remember in getting a right step down trasnformer since the DA uses 110 VAC.

Here is the link:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7263

Your detailing plan sounds good. If I were you (just to save some time) I clay the car while wet. After that, second rinse and dry.
Using #7 is an option since the #80 contains a lot of the same TS oils as #7. The only time I use #7 is when I don't need to use #80 to remove paint defects. Other than that you are good to go.
Post some pictures when you are done...
cheers! :)
P.S. About my writing that I was doing, I gave my final version to Mike to use it. Don't know what is the status of it. Mike, can you chime in?

Mike Phillips
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by romulus
P.S. About my writing that I was doing, I gave my final version to Mike to use it. Don't know what is the status of it. Mike, can you chime in?

Can you resend me the MSWord version?

romulus
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Mike,
you got email

Rob66
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Fantastic news Bryan and what a great service. Good luck and dont forget to ket us know how you get on.Scottwax2

Explore what Bryan means is 'Is it worth using #82 after #80.

Rob

Blr123
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hello all,

Sorry for the late reply but I've just finished work.

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll pass on using #82 between #80 and #7.

And romulus I have the transformer covered via Screwfix as seen in the following thread: -

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5441&highlight=pc+uk

I'm trying to organise a detailing day, just a few amateurs trying things out and to let people see what the PC can do but it won't be this week as I'm working but when I do I will take some before and after pics :xyxthumbs

Thanks again
Bryan

zey
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Blr123, congrats on your new toy! You'll enjoy polishing & waxing your car more. If M80 is giving you a sleek swirl-free and clear finish, you might not need M82. Dark colour paints require more critical finishing product such as M82. Keep us updated with pictures!

Blr123
Sep 9th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Hello all,

Thanks Zey, the car is metallic navy blue so maybe #82 would be the way to go, I'll play it by ear starting with '80.

Bryan

Accumulator
Sep 9th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Blr123- The #80 breaks down completely and gives a ready-to-wax finish, so I wouldn't use the #82. Work the #80 until its color changes from green/brown to clear. If you see much green/brown on your wipe-off towel you need to work it longer. Enjoy your new polisher!

Blr123
Sep 9th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evening all,

Thanks Accumulator :xyxthumbs

Bryan

Blr123
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Good evening all,

Just a quick update, you will recall I was planning to use as my first outing with the DA #80, #7, #21 and if time #16.

Well having read up a bit my thinking is that for a first run out I'm going to pass on the #7, having read it can take a bit of time to both apply & remove, and go with #80, #21 and then #16.

The above just seems like a good place to start............yes?

Bryan

romulus
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Your revised steps are correct. You will find out soon that the cleaning and polishing process (with #80) will take most of your time. Don't take that step lightly... In summary, a good surface preparation, will yield great results!.
I am not sure if you already know, but when you apply #16; make sure to apply it thin. Otherwise you will have a hard time removing it.

Blr123
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Hello Romulus,

Thanks for the info, and I have taken note :xyxthumbs

Bryan