PDA

View Full Version : DA on curved surfaces

Wayfarerwalk
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I'm getting ready to order a DA. My question is does it work on the rounded fenders and hood on my old 50 (see avatar)? I think the doors are the only straight part of the car.:D I'm trying to get a lot of scratches out and thought a DA would help. Scratch-X is doing a good job, but my arm is giving out. I've spent 5+ hours and only covered the hood and top of the front fenders. Any advice will help.

Mike Phillips
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Yes. Remember the foam has a lot of give to it and contours to curves quite nicely. You will not regret purchasing a dual action polisher.

I wish I could help you to polish your car out, that would be very fun!

Wayfarerwalk
Sep 16th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

I wish I could help you to polish your car out, that would be very fun!

Ok, I can take a hint. If you really want to help, I'll let you. :bounce

Ranger72
Sep 16th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Like mike said, that cars looks really fun to use a D.A. on!!!Scottwax2

Shiny Lil Detlr
Sep 16th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger72
Like mike said, that cars looks really fun to use a D.A. on!!!Scottwax2

Agreed completely. I DEFINITELY wouldn't want to use a rotary on it though!!

Ranger72
Sep 17th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
Agreed completely. I DEFINITELY wouldn't want to use a rotary on it though!!
Actually, tha car looks like a ton of fun to use a rotary on. It would be a nice change in pace to have a car you can buff that you didn't have to avoid some sort of trim or strange body line like in most late model cars.

Wayfarerwalk
Sep 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Maybe I need to skip the DA and go straight to the rotary? Nah, I'll have enough trouble with the DA

After I get the paint detailed I have all that chrome to look forward to doing. In the interior I get to polish and wax the dash and top panels of the doors and polish the chrome around the gauges. Boy, am I having fun! Can't wait for the DA to get here. Then when I'm done with the '50, I get to do my wife's Expedition. :db: No rest for the wicked!