PDA

View Full Version : Liquid or Paste Wax?

Snowman
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Just thought i would take a little poll here and see what everyone likes best and why. When it comes to wax do you like to use the paste products or the liquid products??

I myself have used both and have grown very fond of the liquid waxes because of their ease of use and being able to get a decent amount on your applicator with little effort. Now if there is an advandtage on using one over the other it would be nice to hear so because that might persuade me to change...LOL Scottwax1

Trent

imacarnut
Sep 22nd, 2005, 09:24 AM
i prefer paste wax over liquid. you can control how much you use, and it seems to last longer.

gb387
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by rcknit
i prefer paste wax over liquid. you can control how much you use, and it seems to last longer.

:iagree:

I have a new found liking for Paste Wax! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

benhui86
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:31 PM
paste for hand application.... liquid for w/ PC

gregcavi
Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
paste hands down. Paste is easier to control and lasts much longer than a paste. You can still use paste with a buffer. Some jars allow you to just pop the wax out, rub a little on the pad and your good to go, other than cannot be removed a butter knife can come in handy.

Greg

RamAirV1
Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by gregcavi
paste hands down. Paste is easier to control and lasts much longer than a paste. You can still use paste with a buffer. Some jars allow you to just pop the wax out, rub a little on the pad and your good to go, other than cannot be removed a butter knife can come in handy.

Greg

I agree. Scottwax uses NXT Paste with the G100. His pictures and Tim's, made me a believer. I am a huge fan of NXT Paste. It has a deeper shine and lasts longer than the liquid. The liquid is good but the paste is better.

RamAirV1

Mosca
Sep 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM
I prefer liquid by a long shot. For me, it's easier to control and easier to get a super thin coat. And I don't like accidentally transferring contaminants into the wax can with a dirty pad. And it takes less elbow grease, my elbows are just about out of grease.

I have noticed no differences in appearance nor in durability. The end results for me are the same.

OK, the poll says 4 and 4 right now, but there are FIVE responses preferring paste, and TWO preferring liquid. So, one paste guy didn't vote, and two liquid guys didn't give a reason?

Tom

Jbirk
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
I haven't tried Nxt Paste, but I have used other paste waxes.

I have used Nxt Liquid and other Liquid waxes too.

I prefer liquid, and my favorite liquid is Nxt.

LiquidBlack
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:34 PM
Liquid just because its what I use. Will try paste when my two bottles of gold class run out.

LT22
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
I like liquid better :xyxthumbs

Superior Shine
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
I detail for a living and we use a liquid, #21.

I did just buy a can of gold class paste wax to do up my "babies" with though.

Jeff Smith
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
I have been using pastes up until recently. My DA came a couple of weeks ago and I have been using liquid for that. I still use the paste to get into the tight spaces though.

I do not like applying liquids by hand. Some of the waxes when first applied are kind of syrupy and are hard to smooth out. Work fine once you get it smoothed out but the Pastes are easy from start to stop.

RCBuddha
Sep 23rd, 2005, 07:25 AM
Whether I use a paste or liquid really depends on two things: Time and Size of vehicle.

For SUV's, some larger cars and Trucks, nothing is quicker than a liquid via PC and finishing pad. Although, on my SUV, I'll often use a paste if time allows.

For medium to small cars, I will use a PC and liquid wax only if I'm under a time constraint. If I'm not, I'll use a paste, especially on show cars.

TKDDAD
Sep 23rd, 2005, 09:39 AM
The one thing I see that liquid has over paste IMHO is that the liquid does not seem to be as difficult to remove from cracks and crevices..not sure if you know what I mean but for me, liquid just goes on easier and wipes off easier...I use the G-100 for both application and removal....

C70 Convt
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
I have been using liquid by hand for years and loving the results. (or so I thought)

However since I’ve been using a PC for the past 8 months, I now can wax and shine two cars in the time I previously spent on one, with a better shine than I ever got by hand.

Liquid and a PC is for me!!
Scottwax1

imacarnut
Sep 24th, 2005, 07:22 PM
i guess you can say i prefer both now :D . i was just in k-mart and since they are remodeling (in conjunction to have sears products as well) they had the nxt tech wax in liquid form for $7.49, and gold class for $4.99! they wanted to sell off as much product in the auto dept so there's less to move around. for $7.49 i couldn't pass it up.... ;)

Jbirk
Sep 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM
You are very luckey to get those prices. They probably bought it for more than that!

Geeze!

I was in Walmart today and saw that they sell Nxt Tech Liquid or Paste for abotu $13.50 either a little less or more. At any rate, it is under $14.

Zymol Cleaner Wax was in the same range.

Then they had Gold Class for about $8 or $8

Then They had their other bargan waxes such as the stuff RainX makes, your usual Turtle Wax, and such.

They had one produt that intrigued me, but I didn't buy it. There was Prestone High Protection Wax. It is a syntetic wax and was $3.88. It came in a nice bottle and offered many promises on back, but I did not buy it because the price scares me. It is too cheap.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this stuff.

I bought Meguiar's Tire Shine at Walmart because it was about 50 cents cheaper than Nxt Insane Shine and I already have about 3/4 a can of Nxt Insane Shine.

I went into Dairy Queen for an ArticRush Slushie thing and walked past AutoZone. I walked past the Window and saw an Aisle that had Endurance Gel, so I bought that too.

Guess I am going to have to try all three now.

djtrackie
Sep 27th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I used to be all liquid but since i got my #16 ive been leaning towards paste.

For application by hands - paste hands down. I don't have to fumble with the liquid and one swipe of the can seems to last longer - so i spend lest time refilling the applicator and more time waxing. The wax also seems to apply smoother making the process quicker.

By PC it's liquid hands down. Make an 'X' and let'er rip!

roushstage2
Sep 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I like liquid better. I have only used liquid products (have tried paste before) and for me it's much easier to get a thin coat of wax on the surface.

Hannibal
Nov 27th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Paste:xyxthumbs

Wax on
Wax off
wax on
wax off

Don
Nov 28th, 2005, 12:10 AM
I can't really say if I have a preference or not...both have their advantages and disadvantages. I suppose that it all depends on which wax is my favorite at the moment. Pehaps there should be a third choice.

Hannibal
Nov 28th, 2005, 03:55 AM
how much easier is it really to apply a liquid vs paste? You still have to even it out either way:)

SprintKing
Nov 29th, 2005, 03:28 AM
i chose liquid because its less effort to apply and wipe off. Its more likely that i can spend a short amount of time once a week applying a liquid rather than a slightly greater amount of time with a paste wax.

Skuz
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Liquid for me, simply because I have never tried paste.

zsoap
Nov 29th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Liquid. Easier to use.

sneek
Dec 11th, 2005, 01:45 PM
i like the feel and control of paste liquids okay but i'd have to say paste is better ive tryed NXT and GC in both forms and #26 in liquid only and it feels like it needs to be applied by machine

Accident
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Paste, liquid seems to take longer to dry. Also paste seems to last longer, and as many have said, it is a lot easier to apply by hand.

Detailer420
Feb 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by benhui86

JG_Detailing
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
I like both. But I use the liquid more.

ktlimq
Mar 11th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Did anyone compare Cleaner Wax paste and Cleaner Wax liquid?

According to CR review in 2000, Cleaner Wax liquid offered "very good" cleaning, but Cleaner Wax Paste offered "poor" cleaning.

I have Cleaner Wax liquid that came with Smooth Surface kit, but I do not have the Cleaner Wax paste.

sneek
Mar 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
i have only seen pics of Cleaner Wax Paste but I am pretty sure the differace is very small

imacarnut
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM
i like to use paste wax via pc. i have 4" pads that work perfect in the tin. :)

redlude
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I love them all, although I'll give the edge to liquid since you dispense from a bottle, thereby the product inside clean.

Gotta also give a big thumbs up to spray waxes such as Quik Wax. :xyxthumbs Easier than liquid and it produces a very nice gloss. :bounce

electricgreen
Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:35 AM
I use Liquid-less chance of something getting into it, then onto the applicator (like dust or something blowing into the tub of paste, which could scratch the paint if it makes it onto the applicator). I used to use paste, and liked it also, I just had a problem once where some dry pieces of leaves blew into my tub of paste and I had to ditch it because I was afraid I wouldnt get all the bits out.

Newport Viper
Apr 24th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Liquid....I PC

jtower1969
Apr 24th, 2006, 04:20 PM
The last paste I used was my dads Rain Dance back in the early 80's...I think liquid is much easier to use.

GMZ
Apr 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Its liquid for me right now, but once my NXT liquid runs out(which will be soon!) I think Im going to give the paste a try.

rhema83
Apr 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
The NXT Tech Wax paste is the best I've ever used. I've tried Turtlewax Super Hardshell liquid and Turtlewax Carnauba paste, but both did not give as deep a finish as the NXT.

Tom Claessens
Apr 25th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Liquid for now but only because the paint was in really bad condition so I ordered the 3-step programme (paint cleaner, polish and DC wax).

I'll try paste when the bottle of DC wax is empty.

BlueTooth
May 2nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
its liquid all the way for me, I have used the paste form sometimes, but I cant seem to get a lot on the pad itself, and I feel that you get more with the liquid I saw it was 10.99 for both liguid adn paste but the paste only had 11 oz while the liquid had 16oz, I guess Im a little tight on my money but atleast I only used Megs.

the only problem is winter months when the liquid would kinda sorta freeze up and all you get is water. But both are really good products I like to use the paste when I want to feel like Im back in the 60's...:)

Tom Claessens
May 3rd, 2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BlueTooth
... it was 10.99 for both liguid adn paste but the paste only had 11 oz while the liquid had 16oz ...

but from what I've heard - liquid runs out faster than paste wax because you use more product.

BlueTooth
May 4th, 2006, 02:49 PM
it really all depends on how much to use adn how much not to use

Digitalden
May 5th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I usally prefer to use liguid. I just find it easier to work with over all .

sentrarob
May 10th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I have tried both and they work very well. I always thought that "paste wax" lasted longer but when I asked Mike, he told me that they are both equal in durability and shine. Now, I will be using the liquid wax with the even coat applicator. Hope this helps in your survey.
Rob L:db:

areaseven
May 10th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Being a recent Meguiar's convert, I picked up NXT Paste. So far, I prefer paste, as it's the old-school way of waxing. Perhaps when my can runs out, I'll try NXT in liquid form.

farmboy
May 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I like the paste, but I am always nervous about contaminating the can with dirt. Liquid is sweet, It is faster but can be sloppy. Either way both look great in the end. Anyways can you really wait three months to wax your ride again?. Man, I just love wax, nothing makes a car look better!

miked2
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
There should be an option for "both"! :) Sometimes I like using paste, and sometimes liquid -- the latter especially when I'm doing things by machine.

MikeGT
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Paste

reldridge
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I am back to paste after being a liquid guy for years. I just recently did an NXT paste application using gb387's method(via polisher), and it blew me away! Gave me the pros of both a liquid and a paste (liquid's ease of use, paste's ease of removal for me).

:xyxthumbs

Ryan

Snowman
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:49 AM
^^ I recall seeing him right up a little tid bit on that method with the paste and I myself just might have to try it as well. I currently have both the paste and the liquid waxes but as I stated in the beginning of this thread i prefer the liquid as of right now but maybe this method might change that.

:xyxthumbs

indigo s10
Aug 19th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I like liquid, especially Gold Class, better. It seems easier to remove IMO. I get a more even application to. When I use paste I seem to try and spread it a little thin.

rph60
Aug 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Meguiars #16, it can be found...

Krazy Ken
Aug 21st, 2006, 11:42 PM
I used to use paste waxes exclusivly but the last few years have brought liquids to the forefront of the automotive wax world. 8 to 10 years ago liquids were not nearly as good as a good grade of paste wax. Now liquids are as good or even better than their paste counterparts. I now almost always use liquid wax.

pcfxer
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
I have always used liquid Meguiar's wax/polish/cleaners because that's what I started with. I've used Classic paste before, apparently paste has a higher concentration of carnuba in it. Perhaps because it foregoes the silicons and such that the liquid uses to spread the product.

Sydster
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I prefer paste over liquid IMO it lasts longer than liquid.

OhioCarBuff
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I agree with Sydster. Despite what they say, paste seems to deposit a thicker layer on the surface.

Rick McDonough
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:21 PM
The difference between paste and liquid wax is really one of convenience and personal preference. Meguiar's liquid formulas provide the same protection as paste, and are easier and faster to apply...

J. A. Michaels
Jan 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM
I prefer Liquid for the ease of applying.

Ticman
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:11 AM
I have a G100 and just recently bought some NXT Paste. I have to say it's just as easy to apply and IMHO, it looks better than the liquid NXT I was using before. I know it's supposed to be the same thing but even my 81 year old mother-in-law said it looked better.

With a small plastic putty knife I can apply the paste to the pad just a quick as the liquid and it seems to me the paste goes further. Got to say I love the way my Dark Red F-150 looks now with the NXT paste.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs to Meguiars!!!!

pcfxer
Feb 1st, 2007, 08:55 AM
After using #16 with a fresh high-tech applicator, I really don't have a preference. It's the skill of the user mixed with the passion of the user that would yield better or worse results. Like I said, Pursuit G5, I refilled the pad three times, that is a HUGE difference! Heck, the pad doesn't even look used...at all!

I'm guessing that I can do the Quest with maybe five refills or so.

jarred767
Feb 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
I voted liquid, I've used it my whole life, I just started a detailing business and will definitely be using liquid only, and to be honest I've never even tried paste (like others thought it felt like I was back in the 80's)....That being said, after joing MOL and reading a ton of amazing feedback on #16, I had to buy a couple cans of it.(e-shine) is it possible I could be converted? is #16 that good?

pcfxer
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:24 AM
Yes, yes it is!:dp:

BigBoy
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:46 AM
I have a PC waiting in the wings for this spring. I have so much to try, NXT on my wife's Pilot, 4star UPP and Souveran's liquid carnouba (oxymoron I know) simplly because I wanted to try pates first with a Rotary.

Commercial Link Removed - Please READ the forum Rules. - Thank you.

Shows how to use both liquid and paste with a PC. We're all wiser if we learn to use both!

Cliff

d.mopar
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:03 AM
to me it doesnt matter i think both last and r just as good as each other. specailly if u put the 5 step proccess on ur car:coolgleam

d.mopar
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:07 AM
i think both r just as good as each other. specially if u put the 5 step process on.:)

davisinla
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM
What is #16? I can't seem to find it in a product search.

(I sure wish you could search for the product's number.)

Thejoyofdriving
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I use liquid nxt right now, I would love to try paste. The only reason i would think paste is better is because It might be more consentrated, there might be less chemicals needed to liquify the wax. I have been told by meguiars that they offer the same protection and shine, but i'm not sure. The nxt paste wax looks like its older than the nxt liquid, im not sure. I belive it is a valid to worry about contaiminate the paste. I used paste very breifly, and i loved it. I personaly wax by hand. I love waxing, I do it every week, I dont mind how long it lasts. I am interested in shine and protection.

Wolf-Strong
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I only work on my car, so being effecient in time is never an issue with waxing. I just love using a tin of wax as they are just so cool to stack up and look at, and much more fun to use, though a little bit more worrysome as you gotta make SURE the surface is really clean so you don't get dirt in the paste! I guess it is more of just a collectors/ethusiast thing :)

netspec
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I really don't have a preference. I have 3 cans of NXT paste and 2 (Collinite 845 & Pinnacle) liquid waxes. Only difference is how I use them. I'll do Collinite 845 & NXT paste in the winter and NXT paste & Pinnacle the rest of the year. Scottwax2

Silverado12
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
It's a toss-up. Liquid is unbeatable when working with the PC because it allows you to achieve an even, thin coat of wax in a short amount of time and can produce eye-dazzling results. When waxing by hand, paste wins hands down. It may not be as quick as a liquid, but it's more controllable and your product lasts longer. Personally, I just love the feeling of applying a paste wax; it feels like you're actually working the product into the finish rather than simply spreading it across the surface. Also, from my experience, I seem to get better results and deeper gloss with a paste wax (just my opinion). With that said, I still use liquid 80% of the time simply because using liquids with the PC makes life so much easier.

G Force
Jan 8th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I use liquid i think it (feeds) better :rolleyes:

CarbonBlack
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:07 AM
i love pastes- I feel it is more oily and concentrated.

WrightDetail
Jan 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Liquid doesnt freeze, have had pastes get hard as a rock

Tim Lingor
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:09 AM
Liquid doesnt freeze, have had pastes get hard as a rock

I am afraid, that is incorrect, liquid waxes can freeze. All detailing supplies need to be stored in temperatures above freezing. If a liquid freezes, such as a wax, it will separate and the product must be discarded.

Tim

Nappers
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:16 AM
I started with liquid but I think I like paste better.

CarbonBlack
Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:10 AM
someone mentioned cheap wax-
I bought a bottle of turtle wax for 50c, I'll use it on the wash machine or mower or shovel or bicycle etc....

-nick

DaGonz
Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
I voted for liquid, since Meg's #21 Synthetic sealant is my go to lsp.

WrightDetail
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I am afraid, that is incorrect, liquid waxes can freeze. All detailing supplies need to be stored in temperatures above freezing. If a liquid freezes, such as a wax, it will separate and the product must be discarded.

Tim

I stand corrected...

In my experience though, left a bottle of NXT outside when it got below freezing, although was next to house under overhang and next day was still below 32 yet the liquid was still "together" and not seperated and appeared to be same as I applied and removed.

Didnt ever claim to know it all....next time will say " in my experience "

Tim Lingor
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I stand corrected...

In my experience though, left a bottle of NXT outside when it got below freezing, although was next to house under overhang and next day was still below 32 yet the liquid was still "together" and not seperated and appeared to be same as I applied and removed.

Didnt ever claim to know it all....next time will say " in my experience "

No problem. :) Part of our job on MOL is to make sure that correct information is posted and sometimes Mike or myself have to do a slight adjustment to a post to make it either correct or more accurate. :)

I have, unfortunately, frozen even 64oz bottles of #20 and it is usually one of the products that handles the cold OK, far better the NXT etc...Believe me, it hurt getting 3 new 64oz bottles, all separated from being exposed to cold tempertures... :(

Tim

WrightDetail
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:58 AM
No problem. :) Part of our job on MOL is to make sure that correct information is posted and sometimes Mike or myself have to do a slight adjustment to a post to make it either correct or more accurate. :)

I have, unfortunately, frozen even 64oz bottles of #20 and it is usually one of the products that handles the cold OK, far better the NXT etc...Believe me, it hurt getting 3 new 64oz bottles, all separated from being exposed to cold tempertures... :(

Tim

OUCH in the $ dept, possibly just in the waste arena as well....understand MOL position too. thanks again....reason love coming in here and having a great site to share info. :bow

rhino1834
Feb 18th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Same here I like to use paste by hand and liquid with my DA.

rebelde33
Feb 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I like liquid the most as it's easier to apply on the MF towel or foam applicator.

guitarman502
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Paste wax in my opinion is a little harder to work with, but I love the outcome of a good paste wax.

TxRado
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I've been a die hard paste fan for sometime however I just bought the NXT 2.0 liquid to give it a shot on my new DA. I'm looking forward to the results.

To be honest though I'll most likely go back to the paste because I feel more "in touch" or control with my car by applying wax by hand. Just my 2 cents.

miahjohn
Aug 28th, 2008, 07:32 PM
paste seams to be the old timer way of applying. i am sure meguiars makes thier liquid waxes as effective as the paste.

b2bomber
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I'll abstain. As I like both of them 51/49. :D liquid/paste that is.

EPHIOS
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I have both the paste and liquid of Tech Wax. I find it much easier to work with the liquid.

Heatgain
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
I voted for liquid although, theoretically, paste wax should have better durability because it would have less solvents in it, my old arms and back appreciate the ease of liquid usage.
Before I get flamed re: the durability comment above.......i said THEORETICALLY! :)

Mike Phillips
Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
theoretically, paste wax should have better durability because it would have less solvents in it,

That assumes a liquid has more solvents in it?

I've learned this isn't always true. Also, water can be a solvent, it dissolves dirt doesn't it?

Water can also be an abrasive, it carved out the Grand Canyon.

:D

Erik Mejia
Dec 24th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Liquid most of the time. I go with the paste when I feel like bonding with my car.:chuckle1:xyxthumbs

drumdan
Dec 26th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I like paste waxes. I'm just so used to working with them.

T2Matt
Dec 30th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I grown and learned with liquid, but now and then paste is a good change.

Fischer
Dec 30th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Ive been using liquid wax for some time but with the the nxt 2.0 paste wax ive changed over to paste...where is the both option. :(

Tuck91
Jan 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM
IMO, i think the liquid is much easier to remove than the paste version. I have the liquid and pastle , and 95 percent of the time i end up using liquid. I dont know what i will end up doing with full can of the paste form

CieraSL
Mar 29th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I prefer liquid, but I like using paste sometimes. :)

dope92cc
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I like both. Each one has its purpous. I don't like using liquid for hand application. I want to try priming with a piece of paste since I've only used my NXT2.0 paste for two cars.

swcarter
Oct 21st, 2009, 05:07 PM
Agree.

Fly Bye
Nov 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Agree.

On what :scratchhead1

Comparing liquid vs paste would depend on exactly which products you are comparing. I have used liquids that are very quick & easy to apply. I have used paste's that were more time consuming to apply, but came off really easy. Some paste's require more effort to remove than others, as is the same with differen't liquids.

Asking which is better, liquid or paste, there are a lot of variables here.

I have used both, and I like both.

Tony

Fly Bye
Nov 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Btw...I didn't vote, cause I like both.

:wavey

05ram25004x4
Nov 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I personally like paste wax. Just put some M26 on my truck and i love it.

speed3blackmica
Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
i dont know what it is about paste wax, but i just dont like it..i have used the can of cleaner paste wax and when removing it, it always leaves this dusty residue that i have to come back and clean away...it drove me nuts...so its liquid for me for every type of wax..its much easier to control and get a nice thin coat on

dave_from_here
Jan 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I usaly put a sealer (liquid) and top it off with a paste wax.

Joe in PA
Nov 24th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Both! Scottwax1

1996_Subaru_Impreza
Dec 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I like paste better be cause I believe it lasts longer then liquid. Both have pro's and cons

STRIFE
Dec 26th, 2010, 11:40 PM
having used both liquid & paste, I have to say paste is way easier than liquid.
I used Megs GC liquid, love the results...but recently used Megs GC paste..gotta say it was a lot easier, great results....
I also have to say, I really like UQW...spray waxes are great especially if you detail your cars frequently

SummersShanty
Dec 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM

:goodjob2

ctdave
Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:17 AM
I'm the new guy here,but not new ro waxing.I use both but like the paste better.If I'm in a hurry after a wash I use the liquid but if the afternoon is mine I use the paste,and I too find the paste lasts longer.

Ultraman
Sep 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I think polishes, compounds and cleaner waxes are better in liquid form. Maintenance, boutique waxes in paste form.

ffboy
Sep 22nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
liquid nxt 2 for ease of use i've used thepaste before and the paste isn't as effortless as a synthetic product should be

polaris
Feb 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I find paste easier to spread than liquid and the paste tends to last longer. If i'm in a hurry i go for the liquid though.

GhOsT1321
Mar 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I prefer liquid; dirt or any other contaminate wont easily get into your wax.

ethereal45
May 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM
I think the liquid is a little bit easier to work with -- awfully easy to dispense onto the dual action polisher. I like paste for several reasons though :

1) I seem to be able to get more cars out of a tin of paste vs. a bottle of liquid
2) Pastes seem to spread out thinner than liquids for me (I know this is counterintuitive), so I usually can get thinner coats on with paste vs. liquid.

ffboy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:36 AM
I think the liquid is a little bit easier to work with -- awfully easy to dispense onto the dual action polisher. I like paste for several reasons though :

1) I seem to be able to get more cars out of a tin of paste vs. a bottle of liquid
2) Pastes seem to spread out thinner than liquids for me (I know this is counterintuitive), so I usually can get thinner coats on with paste vs. liquid.

I agree, with paste it seems to be easier to control. Liquids can be too easy to over apply, resulting in the dreaded streaking and smearing. With paste, one tends to be forced to apply waxes more methodically thus minimizing any unevenness. But regarding meguiar's waxes, i prefer the liquids to their pastes. Example, I find the paste NXT2.0 harder to apply/remove than the liquid version. Shine and durability, the same. In paste waxes, I'm more inclined to the old style (ex. Collinite). Again not the easiest to remove or apply, but it does have this satisfying feel when being worked into the paint.

But its hard to argue with the fact that you can get more applications with pastes than liquids.

steve000
Sep 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Paste always seems to last longer, and it's easier to get on the pad than the liquid when you're applying it by hand