PDA

View Full Version : Acid rain removal cream?

showtime
Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
I just got my distributorship info today, finally, and in the price list it has- M1401 Acid rain removal cream. I don't ever remember seeing this product anywhere before. Is this something that's new or discontinued?

Mike Phillips
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by showtime
I just got my distributorship info today, finally, and in the price list it has- M1401 Acid rain removal cream. I don't ever remember seeing this product anywhere before. Is this something that's new or discontinued?

If it's available, it's old stock.

If it's available let me know as I want to buy a gallon or two for my Meguiar's collection.

I'll try to dig up some old advertising for this and other products in one of our first product offerings in the Detailer Line.

Kevin Brown
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
I'll buy some too, as that was the best stuff I've ever used on glass!

Superior Shine
Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
El Monte auto paint has two gallons of #14 and #15 last I was in the back of their shop (a year or so ago) . I am headed there tomorrow to pick up a few things and will get the #14 for you guys if still there. Let me know about #15.

Mike Phillips
Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:27 PM
Hi Joe,

I want one of each.

Thanks!

gbackus
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
What's #15?

I'm assuming this are some type of acid product?

Mike Phillips
Sep 24th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by gbackus
What's #15?

I'm assuming this are some type of acid product?

It's a paint cleaner for removing defects, I have some literature on these products that I'll dig up and share in this thread, but as I type this it's Saturday morning and instead of hanging out on the forum all day I for one am going to be out in the garage working on a car...

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/21997CamaroWashing001.jpg

I hope everyone else has the opportunity to enjoy the craft of detailing today as well... :D

gbackus
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Should have let me know Mike, I would love to detail another car with you. And besides, with all the construction going on at my house, I don't really have anything better to do.

showtime
Sep 24th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Superior Shine, are you going to buy it for Mike? It would be cheaper for you to buy it because you're right in CA. I'd have to ship it across the country. I already have a ton of stuff sold and I'm heading to the warehouse on Tues. If you can't get it for some reason let me know and I'll pick a gal. up.

BTW, they still have the old detailer line instock if anybody is interested. They have a bunch of Engine Kote.

Superior Shine
Sep 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I just returned from the shop and they only had on gallon of #15 left out of the 4 bottles I mentioned.

I did get it for Mike. At $213 not a bad deal! Huh Mike?

Superior Shine
Sep 24th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Here it is -------

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/18415f.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/18415f_a.jpg

showtime
Sep 24th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I've got that listed as well.

There's a lot of older stuff on here that I didn't know Meg's made.
M18- Gal. Clear Plastic Cleaner.
D32- Wire Wheel Cleaner. I'm assuming this is wheel acid.

Mike, I can pick up that #14 for you next week. PM or email me with your address.

Teak
Sep 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Showtime,
Do they list MPPC, MPPP or Citri-gel in the gallon size?

Eric

Teak
Sep 24th, 2005, 03:36 PM
What would be today's equivalant to #14 and #15?

How much is gal of #14?

Eric

gbackus
Sep 25th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Hey Mike,
If you have any time today, will you be able to post up some of that literature on #14?

gbackus
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Just bumping this again, would really like to get some literature or more information on it before I buy some(#14). Thanks.

Jason Rose
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Anyone who likes/liked M1401 will find similar performance with our current M01 Medium Cut Cleaner. One of the reasons M14 was discontinued was the overlap in product charateristics with M01.

And yes, M01 works great as a glass polish too. The product is not positioned as such, but does a good job on glass for removing waterspots.

Jason "Waxman" Rose
Field Marketing Manager: Professional
Meguiar's, Inc.

rusty bumper
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:07 AM
M01 is the strongest product I have in the Meguiar's lineup for now.......Thanks for the glass tip.

Mike Phillips
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by gbackus
Just bumping this again, would really like to get some literature or more information on it before I buy some(#14). Thanks.

I'll try to get to this today or tomorrow... It's really just a one page flyer with information on 4 products, no big deal.

Snowman
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
M01 is the strongest product I have in the Meguiar's lineup for now.......Thanks for the glass tip.

^^ yes, thanks for that tip on the glass and water spots!!