PDA

View Full Version : How to Work on Leather Seats

KTruck
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Hi:

Will be workng on some leather seats and plan on using the Gold Class Leather Aloe Cleaner and Gold Class Leather Aloe Conditioner, the two step system. The seats are in a new vehicle (less than a year old) and have not been cleaned or conditioned. They are in excellent condition with no visible dirt build up, so cleaning will not be an issue or problem.

I have no experience with these products so I have some questions before I start. Any tips on using these products would be appreciated.

Will it stain or damage fabric, seat belts, etc? Should I protect these areas before use?

Cleaner

How best to apply the cleaner - foam pad, microfiber or terry towel?

How much do you apply - heavy or light?

Do I work the cleaner in well or is it more of a wipe on - wipe off process? Do you wipe it off before it dries?

What is best to remove the cleaner - microfiber or terry towels?

Is complete removal important? Should I make sure that all product is out of the seams before moving on to the next step?

Conditioner

How best to apply the conditioner - foam pad, microfiber or terry towel?

How much conditioner to apply - let it soak in before wiping off ?

Which is better - one heavy application or multiple light applications?

What is best to remove - microfiber or terry towel?

Thanks for your assistance.

KTruck

Murr1525
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Well, I havent used it much, but from what i could tell:

Wont damage anything, just wipe it off.

Cleaner -
1. I used the Hi-Tec foam pad.. seemd ok. May not be best for heavy cleaning, but for light, works good.

2. How about medium... It kind of spreads, so just spread evenly, no need for a lot if not really dirty.

3. I worked in a little on whole seat, then wiped off whole seat. Didnt go real slow though.

4. Probably terry is best to remove.

5. I tried to get all i could see.

Conditioner -
1. Foam again - new pad though.

2. Again, it spreads some, and dont want to have a lake. Remember you'll just be wiping off excess.

3. I used terry to remove.

Snowman
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:40 AM
The only thing I really don't care for with the Gold Class Leather Conditioner is how the tiny nozzle gets clogged very easily.

Murr1525
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Just to add. . if these are you seats, or will see them often..

I also like the Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner. I actualy use the spray and the wipes together, spraying on the leather, then spreading with the wipe. Works pretty well for quick maintenance.

Also, Meguiars leather stuff works really well on baseball gloves and briefcases... my wallet may be up next.

Mike Phillips
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I like to apply the product to either a clean foam applicator pad or a folded microfiber polishing cloth and then apply product and work into the leather. Wipe off any excess with a clean dry microfiber.