PDA

View Full Version : NXT Paste?

Lynx131
Apr 28th, 2004, 07:20 PM
I am just wondering if meguiars is going to make a paste version of the new nxt wax. I love using my gold class paste, it like using it alot better than liquid. Does anyone know if their gonig to make nxt in paste?

Apr 29th, 2004, 05:00 AM
I'm question that liquid has become a bigger seller with the increased use of pcs to do the work, so thats probably where the focus is at?

ebpcivicsi
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Good question, I would like to see a paste version myself.

rjstaaf
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:27 AM
There is no wax in NXT Tech Wax.

I am sure they could probably make one but, I don't think you would see the same benefit out of a paste version of NXT that you see with carnauba based waxes.

With carnauba waxes solvents are used to soften up the carnauba to arrive at a liquid form. Paste versions just have less of those solvents which leaves the carnauba in a harder form.

George Wax
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:41 AM
The main reason a lot of Meguiar's waxes do not come in paste form is the simple reason of packaging..It's simply more expensive to manufacture paste waxes..i.e. packaging...

wlefevre
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I've heard some people say not to apply NXT wax with a PC. Some do, though. What would be the problem applying it with the PC?

gb387
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by wlefevre
I've heard some people say not to apply NXT wax with a PC. Some do, though. What would be the problem applying it with the PC?

I always use my pc works great! I don't think I will ever apply a product by hand ever again!

I think you are just suppose to use a lower speed as not to generate any heat. I think the NXT breaks down or something. I am sure someone else can answer much better!

Apr 29th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by wlefevre

no problems here!

BigT
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:58 AM
No problems with NXT and PC. I just ran the PC at 2.5 or 3 went on very easy and wiped of with MF very easy.

Tom

Lynx131
Jun 14th, 2004, 12:07 PM
any word yet? Will we see a NXT paste in the future?

Mike Phillips
Jun 14th, 2004, 12:15 PM
A paste version of NXT Tech Wax?

Haven't seen anything yet...

Mike

Beercan31
Jun 14th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I'd leave well enough alone.

NXT tech wax is awesome just the way it is.

I have better results using a PC to apply it then by hand.

Inzane
Jun 15th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
A paste version of NXT Tech Wax?

I guess my twist on this bizarre topic would be to bring up the topic again of: what exactly IS NXT?

Its been said that NXT:
- is not carnauba based (but keeping in mind carnauba is only one kind of wax)
- is a "synthetic polymer" - as described on the bottle

That being said, is NXT still defined as a "wax" or should it be considered a "sealant"? (does synthetic polymer = sealant?) If its a wax, then I could possibly see a paste version come out. However, if its clearly NOT a wax and is in fact a "sealant", then how could they make a paste version? Unless I'm mistaken, none of the true (ie. pure) sealants out on the market have a paste version, they are all liquid based only, as far as I know. ;)

Originally posted by Beercan31
I'd leave well enough alone.

NXT tech wax is awesome just the way it is.

I have better results using a PC to apply it then by hand.

Agreed 100%! :xyxthumbs

Don
Jun 16th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by 2000
no problems here!

Ditto

Tim Lingor
Jun 16th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Hey,

I have had absolutely no problems applying the NXT Tech Wax. I have always applied it with a PC and a W-9006 Finishing Pad. Then remove the residue with a Meg's Ultimate Bonnet over a clean W-8006 Polishing Pad. The results are awesome!!! :)

Tim

Beercan31
Jun 16th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I would not call it a "WAX" or a "sealant" more like a a protectant.

Tim Lingor
Jun 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Beercan31
I would not call it a "WAX" or a "sealant" more like a a protectant.

Although Meguiar's calls it "NXT Tech Wax" it is a synthetic polymer. As such, it provides an artificial barrier by sealing the surface from the elements.

Tim

Beercan31
Jun 18th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Yep