PDA

View Full Version : Best Price on G100??

Hannibal
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Wherer can I get the G100 DA at the best price?? I wouldlike to order online if possible.
Thanks!!!

Murr1525
Nov 8th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I think AutoDetailingSolutions has good prices, and they have some pretty good packages, to get some other towels, products etc all together. It is a good site/company as well.

Hannibal
Nov 8th, 2005, 11:05 AM
THANK YOU!!!:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

You saved me $150+

Hooah!!!

kpagel
Nov 8th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Murr1525
I think AutoDetailingSolutions has good prices, and they have some pretty good packages, to get some other towels, products etc all together. It is a good site/company as well.
I second this recommendation, their G100 deals are outstanding! I haven't ordered from them yet, but I was about to place an order today for a bunch of stuff. Hopefully all goes well! :bounce

Not to thread jack, but does anyone have any experience with their 16"x16" microfiber towels? $9.99 for 12 towels seems like a great price, just wondering what their quality is like. At that price I don't mind instantly putting them to use in dirtier chores.

Hannibal
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Well, I ordered from autodetailngsolutions.com and they emailed saying they are backordered :wall: I wish they would have let me know BEFORE I paid.

Are they trustworthy enough ? Should I worry about my money??

Blr123
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Hi All,

Hannibal ADS are totally trustworthy you will not have any problems there..........Rick's a really decent guy and your money is as safe as if it were in your own pocket :xyxthumbs

Bryan

kpagel
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Well, I ordered from autodetailngsolutions.com and they emailed saying they are backordered :wall: I wish they would have let me know BEFORE I paid.

Are they trustworthy enough ? Should I worry about my money??
You're talking about the G100, right? Its simply on backorder right now. My friend ordered his G100 through Meguiar's a few weeks ago and has never received it because its on backorder. They charged his card and everything. It ***** that neither you or him could have known this before ordering, but from the sounds of things you guys won't have to wait much longer.

amg/md
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I spoke directly with Rick at ADS and ordered my DA thru him. Rick is honest and knowledgable. Great deal and delivered as promised. Was not backordered at the time (early Oct.). I love the DA and you will, too.

Hannibal
Nov 8th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah, they made me feel better. I received an email stating that they are going to ship my other products tomorrow. Then when the G100 arrives, they will rush it out to me. He spoke to someone at Meguiar's and they are expecting them at their warehouse tomorrow, so I may not have to wait very long.
A lot of good it is to have #80 and #83 around with no DA:mad:

I ordered a lot of goodies to do a good job though. I removed the badges form my 2001 silverado to give a nice clean body line to it. I will definitely post some pics when I start.

I tried to do a 1993 subaru wagon this past weekend by hand, it looks 10 times better, but still looks bad up close. I think it will make a great practice run for me

Jeff Smith
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, they made me feel better. I received an email stating that they are going to ship my other products tomorrow. Then when the G100 arrives, they will rush it out to me. He spoke to someone at Meguiar's and they are expecting them at their warehouse tomorrow, so I may not have to wait very long.
A lot of good it is to have #80 and #83 around with no DA:mad:

I ordered a lot of goodies to do a good job though. I removed the badges form my 2001 silverado to give a nice clean body line to it. I will definitely post some pics when I start.

I tried to do a 1993 subaru wagon this past weekend by hand, it looks 10 times better, but still looks bad up close. I think it will make a great practice run for me

Rick at ADS is great. I was in a pinch and needed an extra DA. I called the man and asked him to get it to me ASAP. I received it 22 hours later. He is in Arizona and I am in MD. He wasn't even sweating the extra shipping cost at the time. We settled that up a day or 2 later.

Murr1525
Nov 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM
What products did you try on the Subaru?

Hannibal
Nov 9th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Murr1525
What products did you try on the Subaru?

Well, First I washed with GC shampoo, The I used DC#1 Paint Cleaner. Used scratch-x on a few spots, Then Rubbed in Meg's CLeaner Wax. It really needed scratch-x over entire car, so I stopped. It was a remarkably noticeable improvement. But I am going to hit it with the G100 when it gets here. I am going to use this order:
1. GC wash
2. Clay
3. GC wash
6. Polish (https://www.meguiars.com/?pro-pure-polishes/Body-Shop-Professional-Hand-Polish) or DC#2
7. GC Wax. I may try another LSP for this one. Its a medium silver color and I hear that NXT is better on light to med colors. Or I may use something form the proffessional line.

On my truck, it will be a different story. I will get to that when the time comes.

Murr1525
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Yeah, ScratchXing an entire car *****.

I like Nxt, and have heard good things about it on metalic colors.

#21 is very similar to Nxt, just getting a more economy size jug with #21. And it is supposed to be real easy with the G-100.

Hannibal
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:25 AM
I just ordered some M1611 (#16 Pure Wax) I am going to use it as the LSP.

kpagel
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I just ordered some M1611 (#16 Pure Wax) I am going to use it as the LSP.
Where did you find a place that had #16 in stock?

Superior Shine
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Back ordered?!?!?! I hope I didnt anything to do with that!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/184pcssssssss.jpg

05PhillyStang
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:07 AM
This is a bit off topic, but I figured if someone is considering a DA, it can be useful information...

Superior Shine - I noticed that you have the 7336 model. Can you tell me the difference bewtween the 7336 and the other PC? I think it's 7924, if I'm not mistaken. I think the difference has something to do with the backing plate.

kpagel
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
This is a bit off topic, but I figured if someone is considering a DA, it can be useful information...

Superior Shine - I noticed that you have the 7336 model. Can you tell me the difference bewtween the 7336 and the other PC? I think it's 7924, if I'm not mistaken. I think the difference has something to do with the backing plate.
The other moel you are referring to is the 7424. There is no difference between the 7424 and the 7336 other than the counterweight. Either model will work just fine.

Hannibal
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:51 AM
I found a marine supply place that has like 4 cases of the #16 Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Proffessional Pure Wax (M-1611) Paste wax (the outlawed wax). They said I could buy a case for $113.50+$8 shipping. I opted for four cans at $9.50 per can and $5 shipping.
I can dig up the website if you like.. I called them and ordered by phone. I had her put her hands on the product to make sure I get what I was looking for. After she counted the 4th case of it, I stopped her and she took out a can and read the entire label to me. I was like BAM~!! Thats the stuff!! 4 cans should last about, oh, I don't know, 20 years??
I am going to try it over gold class paste as my final stage.

Hannibal
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:53 AM
PS I actually got it cheaper than the website quoted price ($9.50 vs $15.75). They are a wholesaler so you have to use your business name. I own an Electrical service Company and said that living along the gulf coast I needed the strong Pure wax that only #16 provides. She was like "whatever":xyxthumbs

xtos
Nov 14th, 2005, 10:07 PM
i just ordered a bunch from autodetailngsolutions.com thanks guys for the link...saved a lot of money..

now did the backorder deal get situated or am i going to be on a list too?

thanks
xtos

kpagel
Nov 14th, 2005, 10:18 PM
My friend (and fellow member of this board) has been waiting on his G100 for a few weeks now. He was told they will be shipping by the end of the week if I'm not mistaken.

Hannibal
Nov 15th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by kpagel
My friend (and fellow member of this board) has been waiting on his G100 for a few weeks now. He was told they will be shipping by the end of the week if I'm not mistaken.

:wall: I wish they would have updated the website to say that there was a backorder. I have been waiting one week or so. I found many places that have the DA in stock. I emailed them (ADS) again this morning, I will post if I hear anything. I received the rest of my order yesterday :(#80,#81,#83, other goodies) with no problem.

BTW They now have a backorder notice on the website "AFTER" I placed my order:confused:

xtos
Nov 15th, 2005, 08:25 AM
DARN!!!!

i wish i could have waited 1 more day...
maybe it is not too late to cancel. but they did have a great deal going on if i am not mistaken.

Hannibal
Nov 15th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by xtos
DARN!!!!

i wish i could have waited 1 more day...
maybe it is not too late to cancel. but they did have a great deal going on if i am not mistaken.

Yes they did. I took the Ala cart package #1 for $149

Djmigs
Nov 15th, 2005, 11:54 AM
be patient fellas.....

you are getting a great deal plus you get a lifetime warranty v. buy this from lowes......

knowing Rick he will try and get them in and out asap.....

Ads take care of there customers......

meanwhile practice using it by hand then once you get your g100 you realize why you didn't order it sooner and never look back...

:xyxthumbs Patience is a virtual:xyxthumbs

xtos
Nov 15th, 2005, 11:44 PM
went home after work and checked my email, there it was sitting in my inbox:

We have received and processed your order. We are waiting for the G100 Polishers to arrive in stock as they are on backorder status. Your order will ship the same day we receive the Polishers back in stock. We will forward your tracking number to you when the shipment of your order is complete. We apologize for the delay.
Rick Meyer
Auto Detailing Solutions
autodetailingsolutions.com

.....i had it coming..:wall:

Djmigs
Nov 15th, 2005, 11:49 PM
buy the way if you guys dont want your duffel bag i'd be glad to take them off your hands...lol

but knowing once you see it you wont let them go....

xtos
Nov 18th, 2005, 08:37 AM
i hope this thing arrives before snow falls and before the holidays....

Hannibal, have you recieved yours yet??

Djmigs...i see you know someone named Rick over at ads, have a word with him...let him know please.

i am starting to see these everywhere else available with holiday reduced prices.

thanks

Hannibal
Nov 18th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by xtos

Hannibal, have you recieved yours yet??

Nope:mad:

i am starting to see these everywhere else available with holiday reduced prices.
WHat are you referring to? And what prices are you seeing?

xtos
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:08 PM
i think i am losing my patience here, i want the polisher before winter really hits chicago.

i saw they have a sale on porter cables at home deopt, i believe i saw them at ACE Hardware.

i will probably wait til next week then i am afraid so, but i will be cancelling my order...oh well i guess no duffle bag for me!

sorry but i want my toy...

Hannibal
Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:22 AM
Have you emailed rick at ADS? Try that before you buy elsewhere. IMHO he goes above and beyond to make a sale.

Hot Spot
Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Hi xtos,
We have just received an update that the G100 polishers have arrived to Meguiar's main warehouse and our backorder shipment is in a priority trasit to us. We have expensed the additional postage to have them expedited to us. All orders that include G100 Polishers will ship out the same day we receive them in stock. You will definitely receive your G100 Kit next week. We apoligize for the delay to all customers that have a backorderd G100 kit. This has been completely out of our control as Meguiar's main warehouse has been out of stock on the G100 polishers for over 30 days. We have done everything we can to get them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. Your kit will be well worth the wait. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

teterd
Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Hot Spot
Hi xtos,
We have just received an update that the G100 polishers have arrived to Meguiar's main warehouse and our backorder shipment is in a priority trasit to us. We have expensed the additional postage to have them expedited to us. All orders that include G100 Polishers will ship out the same day we receive them in stock. You will definitely receive your G100 Kit next week. We apoligize for the delay to all customers that have a backorderd G100 kit. This has been completely out of our control as Meguiar's main warehouse has been out of stock on the G100 polishers for over 30 days. We have done everything we can to get them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. Your kit will be well worth the wait. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks Rick. I for one appreciate your effort and I look forward to receiving my G100 kit.:bow

OctaneGuy
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Good timing that they are back in stock or will be soon. I just ordered 9 g-100's from Rick for my club and upcoming Meguiar's clinic next weekend!

Rick said that the first shipment is entirely sold out, but the 2nd shipment may still arrive in time for delivery to us in Los Angeles by next weekend. Got my fingers crossed.

FWIW, I've gone the Lowes route with my own PC, but would certainly recommend the G-100 at this price considering that you really don't save much and the lifetime warranty is worth it if you only use it once!

Thanks Rick!

Richard

Hannibal
Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Already tried mine out on the hood, im drooling to do the rest of the truck. The smell of the #80 made me want to put some speed glaze on toast or something. Is that normal??:confused:
Im gonna do a full write up of my first detail with the G100. Already had great results with the hood:

wash
clay

shineit
Nov 25th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Can anyone give me the website name for autodetailingsolutions

amg/md
Nov 25th, 2005, 04:43 AM
it is just what you wrote .com. Is that what you meant?

Hannibal
Nov 25th, 2005, 07:11 AM
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/index.htm

shineit
Nov 25th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the help!

tron1974
Nov 26th, 2005, 04:47 PM
What do you guys think about the new "special" Meguiars just posted? The G100 NXT collection? Do you think it's a better deal than the ADS one? One thing I like about ADS is you can order samples of the professional line. I wouldn't mind getting a sample of the hyper dressing.

MTBPATH
Nov 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I'm also curios as to what others are saying about ADS package deals.
I mainly work by hand, but having a G-100 in your inventory is not bad at all.
I also notice on the ADS site for their package #1 DA for $149.99. it doesn't come with a bag but rather say spend another $50 and get a duffle bag.
on their front page it say spend over $75 on Meg's products and get the duffle bag.
which is right?
also comparing the package #2, is that a great price and contains most of the basic stuff I would need to use?

I need people to convince me that its worth the price.
thanks.

kpagel
Nov 27th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by MTBPATH
I also notice on the ADS site for their package #1 DA for $149.99. it doesn't come with a bag but rather say spend another $50 and get a duffle bag.
on their front page it say spend over $75 on Meg's products and get the duffle bag.
which is right?
also comparing the package #2, is that a great price and contains most of the basic stuff I would need to use?

I need people to convince me that its worth the price.
thanks.
The G-100 packages are exempt from the 'free duffel bag promotion' unless you spend an extra $50. So its either buy $75 worth of stuff (no G-100) and get a bag, or buy a G-100 and then $50 worth of stuff and get a bag. So the G-100 is just an exception to the "Spend $75 or more and get a free bag" rule. Also, to be quite frank, the duffel bag isn't that great. Its too small to carry QD bottles, etc for the trunk of your car. You have to lay them down in order to fit them, and if you do that they could leak. Don't get me wrong, its a nice little bag, but if you're placing a $40 order, don't go out of your way to spend $35 extra just to get it. You know what I mean?

As far as their G-100 deals are concerned... they're the best deals you can get (as far as I've seen). Think of this, a Porter Cable 7336 from Lowe's will set you back $109.95 + tax. Add the cost of a W-64DA backing plate ($15.99 at ADS) and a W-8006 pad ($8.95 at ADS) and you're at $135 (but don't forget to add the tax for the PC from Lowe's). Thats a good deal, and you get great products, but for only a few dollars more you can get the G-100 from ADS and get the lifetime warranty that you get with a G-100. Had I known about the ADS deals I would have went that route, rather than over-paying for a Porter Cable 7424 from a 'boutique' web-store.

I know I probably sound like a salesman (I have no connection to ADS or Meguiar's, other than I'm a happy customer of both companies), but I'm not trying to "sell" you the G-100. I'm just trying to let you know that if you're considering the purchase of a G-100 or Porter Cable 7424/7336 that you will not regret it, and if you happen to buy that G-100 from ADS, you shouldn't have any regret about the price you paid. :xyxthumbs

Hannibal
Nov 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
You get a bag with the #1 combo. You get teh pads, the bag, G100, and a lifetime warranty.:xyxthumbs

Why arent there more Gold Class Combos??

amg/md
Nov 28th, 2005, 04:27 AM
I bought the DA #2 package from ADS in Oct. and I am very satisfied with the price, delivery and products.

Remember that with using the DA, you want to use a separate dedicated pad for each product you use. So, you will need extra pads (more than you probably think at first). I would recommend you buying more pads and/or products in order to get the bag.

As stated earlier in replies, the duffle is a bit small, but useful none the less. Just don't expect to put everything in it. Also, the zipper does hang up a bit on the top closer.

You will be happy dealing with ADS, I was. (I have no affiliation with them or Megs.)

teterd
Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
I just received my back ordered G100 from ADS today plus everything else I ordered. Now I'm in business. Can't wait to give my new DA a try. Thanks Rick:db:

Djmigs
Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
ADS.... is top notch i purchase all my megs product items from them(Rick) i would definetly reorder from ADS(rick) again and will advise anyone to do so as well.....another thing is he is very knowledgeable and has used most if not all of Meguiars Product so he can suggest what items will work for you (tailor).... he has detail from mild to wild cars to exotic so if any problems he can help...

not only that, he has the best pricing anywhere. as well most of all he has the complete car care sol you dont have to order esle where and pay another shipping fee plus the time ..but more importantly is not price ADS offer its custmer service and he definfintly has that and he keep you informed about your order/shipping.....ADS wrap your package solid to avoid any complication.....

:bounce

Chris W
Dec 30th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I just got the #2 DA package from Rick at ADS, I give him and his business a A++, awesome customer service. I will be getting more stuff from him very soon. :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs