PDA

View Full Version : What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

gb387
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Just that..... what do you reach for time and time again?

Hope I listed all of them!

I have tried:

NXT Generation Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=NXT-Generation%E2%84%A2-Car-Wash&sku=G-126)
Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-&-Conditioner&sku=G-71)
Deep Crystal Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Deep-Crystal-Car-Wash)

I always reach for Gold Class... Someone suggested #62 so me sometime ago I am going to pick up a gallon when I run out of Gold Class.

Jeff Smith
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I use NXT Generation Car Wash. I have not done alot of comparison between all the products as yet. But from alot of comments I have seen from the others the NXT is a great wash for those of us with hard water issues. From what I have seen, I tend to agree.

I am almost out of it so will start trying some others soon. I have plenty of the following around the house to try next:
NXT Generation Car Wash
NXT Generation Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=NXT-Generation%E2%84%A2-Car-Wash&sku=G-126)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1008NXT_Car_Wash.jpg
Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-&-Conditioner&sku=G-71)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/4333GoldClassWash.JPG
#00 Hi-Tech Wash
#00 Hi-Tech Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Hi-Tech-Wash&sku=M-00)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1008Hi-Tech_Wash.jpg
#62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner
Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Carwash-Shampoo-&-Conditioner&sku=M-62)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1008Carwash_Shampoo_and_Conditioner.jpg
Hyper-Wash
Hyper-Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-car-washes/Hyper-Wash)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2Hyperwash.jpg
Shampoo Plus
Shampoo Plus (http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-car-washes/Shampoo-Plus)
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2ShampooPlus.jpg

grover
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I've tried Gold Class and Deep Crystal and love them both, so I couldn't choose just one! I will be trying NXT next so then I'll hopefully pick one and stick with it.

Kevin Brown
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:59 PM
For general washing duties I use M62. It's sudsy, prevents spotting, and is fun to use. Plus, I try to use the Professional products whenever possible. If guys like me don't support it, who would I blame if they discontinued it?!?

When I detailed cars every day, I used to use the old Detailer Wash & Wax. It was killer in hot weather, and was a great lube... Meaning, it was the best wash available for soaking down the car after every buffing step. I felt like I was cheating using it... It's one of the only washes I've used that would rinse away easily (if I let it sit too long). They should have put it in the consumer line.

For wetsanding, interior leather cleaning (diluted, of course), and claying, I use #00 Hi-Tech Wash.
I guess if I had to use only one wash forever, I would use M00, since it's so versatile (And I use deionized water). If only it was available in a gallon...

jchetty
Nov 16th, 2005, 05:36 PM
bmw shampoo...its relabeled...i believe sonax...cost $8 and last forever..1 capful per gallon

Jeff Smith
Nov 16th, 2005, 06:20 PM
I think I'll try the GC next. Thats' the ony consumer level product I have. After that I'll switch over to the 2 gallons of the Detailer line and use them up. I think my goal will be to end up trying the Pro line last as I suspect I am going to stick with those unless I don;t like them. Which I find highly unlikely.

I only have enough NXT for 1-2 more washes. I bought the jug in June and probably got somewhere around 40 washes out of it (guessing here). It doesn't sudz up like some other brands I have used in the past. But that is no biggie for me. My main concern was fighting hard water and NXT did the job, or helped anyway. I hope the GC gives me similar hard water fighteing ability we'll see.

Hannibal
Nov 16th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Gold Class :xyxthumbs

Buellwinkle
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I just finished a big bottle of Gold Class and hated it, didn't suds up at all. But I just started using NXT wash on recomendations on the forum and it's a lot better. I did use a sample of Hyperwash and really liked it but I wasn't in the mood to order online so I got what I could locally and I'm pleased with it.

roushstage2
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I'm not going to vote because I use the GC and NXT. It just depends. If I am going to the car wash, I grab the GC because it is in a small squirt bottle. At home, I use the NXT :confused: I don't know either. I assume that when the GC is gone, I will just fill the bottle up with NXT.

the other pc
Nov 16th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Gold Class.

I try others and keep coming back (haven’t tried #62 yet).

But I am finding myself enjoying Shampoo-Plus, might end up keeping both around. (Always keep #00 on hand too but I don’t use it for regular washing.)

PC.

Mark2
Nov 16th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Great poll. I like trying different washes.

I mostly use NXT, but I now got a gallon of Hyper Wash, I like them both.

jerm
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:04 AM
I've been using the NXT wash and it's been treating my car well. :D

Tom Weed
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Out of the three I have tried, Gold Class, NXT, and #62, 62 is my favorite due to the slick feel and nice sudz, followed by Gold Class, then NXT.

Accumulator
Nov 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM
#62 Great lubricity and available in gallons. #00 is nice for garage queens, but I've never really found a reason to prefer it over #62.

jerm
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:44 AM
I need to get my hands on #62 and try it. :xyxthumbs

1998Stang
Nov 17th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I haven't tried any Meguiars car wash products yet, just the NXT generation spray wax.

Right now I'm using that "Mr. Clean" car wash/shampoo because it's supposed to dry without leaving any water spots behind.

So far, it seems to work pretty well.

All best,
Joe

kpagel
Nov 17th, 2005, 08:54 AM
#62 for me as well! :xyxthumbs

imacarnut
Nov 17th, 2005, 09:14 AM
when my car is real dirty, nxt wash. if it's not that dirty and needs a light wash, gold class.

gb387
Nov 17th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I am kind of surprised there isn't more Deep Crystal Car Wash users.

scrub
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I voted Hyper Wash. HW is a great product. Sudsy, super slick, and easy to rinse off. No film left behind either. Plus I like the metering ability with the supplied pump.

A very close second is NXT.

Skuz
Nov 18th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Deep Crystal, since it's the cheapest Meguiar's makes and it does a fine job.

gb387
Nov 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else will respond... its a tie 21-21 Gold Class and NXT

LT22
Nov 19th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I currently switched from GC to NXT, because of the better cleaning ability and NXT also smells better than GC :xyxthumbs

sneek
Nov 20th, 2005, 07:44 AM
deep crystal because its the only megs wash you can get in canada

Skuz
Nov 20th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I'm sure I have seen GC here in Quebec. I have never seen the NXT soap anywhere though.

sneek
Nov 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
they sell it on meguiars canadas website but the pricing and the shipping is a huge ripp off so in alberta i get by on the deep crystal

BTW if your candian youll be delighted to know that meguiarscanada.com now has a lot of new products such as the extractor, drying towels and a wash mop

probegt
Nov 20th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I love the old Wash N Wax detailer. All I can say it is awesome.

gb387
Nov 20th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Can the #62 users compare to Gold Class - #62 vs. GC? Slicknees/suds and so on?

reldridge
Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:14 AM
Currently a Gold Class user, was a Deep Crystal user, soon to be an NXT user! Maybe some # 62 will find it's way into the fold. :D

Ryan

Tim Lingor
Nov 23rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hey,

My personal favorite is #62. My second would be the Shampoo Plus followed by Gold Class.

Gold Class tends to foam more, but #62 will rinse a little easier. Both leave an awesome finish with the edge going to the #62 IMHO. :)

Tim

gb387
Nov 29th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I am still supprised how close NXT and GC are... the entire time they have been back and forth. My guess is Meguiars already knows this. :xyxthumbs

teterd
Dec 3rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
I'm a Deep Crystal user but when this bottle is empty I think I will try some NXT wash then maybe some GC.

Boss_429
Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:26 PM
Haven't tried the Shampoo Plus, or the Hyper Wash. However, I've used all the rest, and #62 gets my vote.

Very slick, not thick/heavy suds, but "tough" suds. Rinses very well, and because of that, it doesn't leave a lot of residue behind.

96Lude
Dec 10th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I recently purchased the NXT Wash and I love it. The smell is great, it lubricates nicely and it suds just enough. I highly recommend it. :xyxthumbs

sspeer
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:28 AM
I never realized how nice a good soap was until I tried some GC and NXT. I like them both, but I'll lean toward NXT

I have a sample of HW and SP, and a bunch of 00 from the Katrina sale I haven't tried yet..I might have to check out some #62 on my next order

Any good ideas on what to do with cheap 'Blue' soap??

Murr1525
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Wash your garbage cans?

Godiva
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I've got a huge bottle of Gold that I'm currently using.

But....I got a sample "sheet" of some NXT shampoo and loved it. I want to switch but feel compelled to finish off the huge bottle of Gold. It may take me over a year. Eventually I may just pass it on to my nephew, who I am trying to convert to a 100% Meguiar's user. (Already gave him some products and taught him how to use them, including clay. He inherited my old car.)

What I'd really love is more of those "sheets" of shampoo. But not a bunch of samples, packaged in a box for regular sale. How wonderful to put a sheet in the bucket and fill it with water. Exactly measured, no muss, no fuss.

At any rate, I'm using the Gold but I want to use NXT. I've already replaced most of my other Gold with NXT...wax, detailer, glass cleaner.

nick1897
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I've found that Shampoo Plus from the Detailer line, suds much better than NXT, even though we have really hard water here. It leaves a perfect shine just like #00 Hi-Tech wash, which is what I was last using, but washed my moms car with Shampoo Plus, and I love it!

DetailManiac
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I used only the nxt car wash sofar and i'am really pleased with
it, works great for me and it smells nice too.

But i like to try some GC the next time i need some.

RWayne
Mar 16th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I use NXT, however it is the only car wash I have used from Megs so far.

I tried NXT because of the water softeners that it had in it. I was very impressed and have been using nothing but since.

I am tempted to try Gold Class and Deep Crystal but I am enjoying NXT so much I really don't feel the need to experiment with anything else.

skyace888
Mar 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I just got a jug of NXT Wash and I think it works quite well. I got it to handle the hard-water in my area and it seems to be working. My only question is how to measure out the 1oz per gallon of water that is supposed to be used in the bucket. The formula is very thick and it is difficult to try and make 4 capfulls as it says on the label. Any suggestions or should I not worry about it and just eyeball a decent amount?

steelwind101
Mar 17th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I am a softwash man myself!!

Smells good and doesnt harm my washes. It sells for £3.99 here about $7, although its only in a little bottle. Slick and makes me feel safe using it, i hate thin soap!!

Geoff

imacarnut
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by skyace888
I just got a jug of NXT Wash and I think it works quite well. I got it to handle the hard-water in my area and it seems to be working. My only question is how to measure out the 1oz per gallon of water that is supposed to be used in the bucket. The formula is very thick and it is difficult to try and make 4 capfulls as it says on the label. Any suggestions or should I not worry about it and just eyeball a decent amount?

what i did is... take a measuring cup and fill it with 5oz of water and pour it into a laundry cup and now i know the exact amount of car soap to put in, each and every time! :xyxthumbs

F-150
Apr 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I would say GC wash but I've noticed a significant difference in hard water spotting, until I get a filter, it's NXT so far but I've heard super soap is awesome.

rusty bumper
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Gold Class all the way for me. :xyxthumbs

Never tried NXT yet, due to our city water being so soft.

Has anybody noticed how thick GC is now? I just opened a new gallon of it, and it is thick as molasses!...Seems to suds up better too.

I'm still waiting on Meguiars to offer a shampoo sampler so I can give them all a try. :db:

HammerDown
Apr 26th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Tide...:xyxthumbs

02RSX
Apr 28th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I used to use Gold Class, tried NXT, but I think that the Deep Crystal Car Wash is the best of the bunch. It is cheap too :cool:

rusty bumper
Apr 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Tide...:xyxthumbs
Tide? :confused:

rhema83
Apr 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Don't ever use Tide / AJAX / Dawn. It's gonna strip the wax so bad.

Personally I am trying to finish an old bottle of Turtlewax Zip Wax carwash. After that I'll be trying out either GC or NXT.

Mark2
Apr 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I am a big fan of Hyper Wash. Much like NXT but you need much less and it smells different. :xyxthumbs For the wheels, tires and wheelwells etc I use an APC type product.

areaseven
Apr 29th, 2006, 05:46 AM
After switching to NXT Car Wash, I won't be using anything else.:xyxthumbs

X3M Corsa Freak
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I have both the gold class and the nxt carwash.

I like the goldclass a lot because of the rich / deep gloss it brings without even waxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greetings stefan

saturn2
Apr 30th, 2006, 05:58 AM
What is the oz/gal ratio for 62?I bought a test sample from ASD doesn't have directions.

35th Anniversary SS
Apr 30th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I recently found an old bottle of "Rich Suds" Megs soap that I got from a car show grab bag way back... tried it.. works good but smells funky. Although I dont care what it smells like.. as long as it works.

My wife and I went to Costco yesterday.... after hearing about MF towels there in bulk I went and found them. 24MFs for $9... and right next to that pallet... the giant jug of Megs GC for $7!!!!!

Needless to say I cant wait to try the GC.

sneek
Apr 30th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Just got Gold Class and i want to Change my vote from DC to GC:D

kellyinkc
Apr 30th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I use GC shampoo/conditioner. It's all I have :) . It's in a 1.25 gallon jug, might last awhile. Been wanting to try NXT Wash.

35th Anniversary SS
Apr 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by kellyinkc
I use GC shampoo/conditioner. It's all I have :) . It's in a 1.25 gallon jug, might last awhile. Been wanting to try NXT Wash.

Yep.. thats the one I bought. Still cant believe I got it for $7 and some change. :xyxthumbs

Murr1525
Jun 18th, 2006, 08:53 PM
All of Meguiars soaps/shampoos are 128:1, or one ounce per gallon, except Hyper Wash. Hyper Wash is 400:1.

mh68
Jun 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I've really liked NXT and have used a couple of jugs of it. If you think it works great with hard water, try it with soft water like I have! It's great! Been thinking about trying the HW just to see if it compares.

Mike

LS1MONSTER
Jun 19th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I've used deep cystal, gold class, and now I'm in love with NXT!!!!
:xyxthumbs

farmboy
Jun 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I love the GC. I thought it would be my main soap until I found NXT at KMart for $5 a jug. It was the first time I have seen it around here so I bought all three they had.

My vote is for GC, I like all the suds and the smell.

Nosbusa
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I bought a big bottle of GC, and it suds and shines better than anything I can remember.

Kickin Griffin
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Hyper Wash for me - awsome dilution ration, lasts for ages and leaves a very nice clean finish and rinses very well. Great product. Also love #62, leaves a little extra behind I feel to add to the finish.

Guiser
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I recently switched from DC to GC. The soap is much thicker, and the suds seem to last for ever! I'm washing my car in half the time now which is a huge win for me. My car is a light color so I don't really notice any difference in the shine, but after all they are both Meguiars products :)

- Ben

Cassman
Aug 17th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I just ran out of NXT and picked up some GC. I like the GC much better. It was so slick and slippery while washing - loved it!

dude
Aug 19th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Noob here, but can anyone explain 'hard water'and 'soft water'? How do I test to see the type of water I am getting from the tap?

Jeepster04
Aug 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
GC all the way. Suds are great, cleans great, moves dirt away good... Ive used DC wash and still do when Im not washing my jeep. :)

Anyone ever use those little Meguiars wash stripes? They came in alittle blue pack. I used them one time and never really liked them, I guess they stopped making them? :confused:

fishbonezken
Aug 20th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Only tried NXT, but can say that it is the best soap compared to other's non-meguiars soap.

A week build up of dust, traffic film and grime just melts away with NXT and 1 or 2 passes with a wash mitt. It is so easy to clean:D

onnfire
Aug 20th, 2006, 05:46 AM
This is a little off topic but im hoping someone can answer it. Where can you buy a water filter for your hose?

CathyG
Sep 9th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I use deep crystal because it`s what was in the garage. My dad bought it and the wheel cleaner at some point and I didn`t want to spend any extra money on the wash soap. I`d like to try NXT though. The water in my area is very hard and nasty.

Perfectshine
Sep 19th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Love GC shampoo & NXT carwash! have 'em mixed together for that extra shine. :spot

gofastman
Sep 19th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Im loving Duragloss 901 carwash!!!
very curious about #62 though and I will try that next, but it has some big shoes to fill if its gonna beat 901

gr8-wrx
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:13 PM
This is a little off topic but im hoping someone can answer it. Where can you buy a water filter for your hose?

griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=3724

[No commercial links are allowed on MOL; Thanks, 2hotofrd]

jmakado
Sep 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I have been a die hard GC wash user for a number of years now...5 maybe? Anyway, I am going to try #62 next. Just curious I guess. Although I would be very surprised if it topped the dirt lifting, lubricity, and shine left by GC.

gb387
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:40 PM
bump... I am surprised NXT and Gold Class have been tied all the way, I figured there would be a little difference.

rusty bumper
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Interesting. :iagree:

Murr1525
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
Would be interesting to hear those reviews of #62 if you guys tried it for the first time yet.

gb387
Jan 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Would be interesting to hear those reviews of #62 if you guys tried it for the first time yet.

I agree. The handful of information I have read about it seems very positive. I am very interested in the product but.... I just have a hard time purchasing because of the cost I use plenty of car wash soap and its not the most economical.

Murr1525
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I agree. The handful of information I have read about it seems very positive. I am very interested in the product but.... I just have a hard time purchasing because of the cost I use plenty of car wash soap and its not the most economical.

Its about $6 dollars more a gallon isnt it? Which can add up to a lot if you use tons. I might get it anyway to try, it says extra foaming, might be a plus for a foam gun.

Murr1525
Feb 21st, 2007, 06:18 PM
Well, I must say, I tried #62... not to shabby. Certainly not much wax left after the last few rough weeks, but the shine is still great after the soap, and felt very slick.

Cant wait to try it after a fresh coat of wax.

sixty7mustang22
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
I use Deep Crystal for washing tires and wheel wells because it is cheap and I use NXT on the rest of the vehicle to combat hard water. Plus, I love the smell and how much it suds.

Because I mix a bucket with about 2 gallons to wash the tires and wells and then pur that out to mix up one for the paint, I felt like was wasting a somewhat expensive wash (NXT). So, I grabbed some Deep Crystal for that job.

Tim Lingor
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hey,

As I said, #62, followed by Shampoo Plus are still my favorites and I have tried a few... :D

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_7577_Large_.JPG

Tim

HammerDown
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Hey,

As I said, #62, followed by Shampoo Plus are still my favorites and I have tried a few... :D

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_7577_Large_.JPG

Tim

Meguiars Marketing team thanks you...lol

Mayur
Mar 21st, 2007, 04:02 PM
What is that wash n wax? Must be a d/c product before my time :( Sounds interesting, I wouldve tried it.

Tim Lingor
Mar 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Hey,

Yes...the Wash N' Wax was from the old Detailer series. I use it for my travel trailer and it does an excellent job. :)

Tim

Thejoyofdriving
Mar 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM
I have been told by meguiars that gold class is the best car wash they offer.

Max U.S.A
Mar 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM
I really like the Hyperwash i've just tried the best so far, and i only have the NXT and the Gold Class tried before that, also with great results but imo this hyperwash cleaned and rinsed off better, especially the rims and wheel wells did benefit of this :)
Before I got into Meguiars i did try a lot of other brands with less satisfaction, so as for Meguiar's products, i have to try more car washes to give a full product line review.

Andres
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM
Deep Crystal Car Wash - Consumer Line

Economic and good finished

HammerDown
Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:00 AM
I buy what evers on sale...for me they ALL leave water spots, however my Armorall Wash seems to leave the least.:coolgleam

QiB1400
Mar 22nd, 2007, 05:23 AM
I have been told by meguiars that gold class is the best car wash they offer.

The best car wash is rather personal, so it could be the best they offer. But think about what it is best for.... consumers, professionals, once a month washer, once a week washer, or even their profits....

kastanaras
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Comes down to how many washes you do a week.

If only a few washes a week then gold class or nxt but if your doing a whole lot such as a detailer than ofcourse your not going to be using consumer products.

jashgtp
Apr 19th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Hyper-Wash how can you not love it..

plus you dilute it 400:1 :eek::dp:

i have only been using it a few months but i used gold class in the past

g88
Dec 12th, 2007, 03:18 PM
finally got my hand to get intouch with Hyperwash, i am not sure how good is its cleaning power but i just love it...most suds compare to NXT and Gold Class :bounce....easy to rinse off also

Too bad my market here don't have M00 and M62

Joe's detailing
Dec 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Super soap should of been in the poll...
It suds and stays that way ....

Nappers
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
For general washing duties I use M62. It's sudsy, prevents spotting, and is fun to use. Plus, I try to use the Professional products whenever possible. If guys like me don't support it, who would I blame if they discontinued it?!?........

Good point, I'm going to try more of the pro-detailer line of stuff.

I use GC currently or NXT when I can't get GC.

Aaron

michaeld0983
Dec 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM
My favourite is gold class shampoo. it smell good :D

03mach1
Dec 14th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I use three of those, GC, NXT, DC, they all work great.

Joseph K
Dec 15th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Is Gold Class shampoo and conditioning car wash supposed to be a thick gelly consistency ? I know it's somewhat of a gel, but is it supposed to be thick? Reason I'm asking is because I got a thing of it at a local store and the seal was broke, and I think it may have gelled up or something.

rusty bumper
Dec 15th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Is Gold Class shampoo and conditioning car wash supposed to be a thick gelly consistency ? I know it's somewhat of a gel, but is it supposed to be thick? Reason I'm asking is because I got a thing of it at a local store and the seal was broke, and I think it may have gelled up or something.

Mine is the same way.

It is a lot thicker than it used to be.

I wonder if the formula has been improved or something?

Joseph K
Dec 15th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Just making sure, because when I started pouring it this morning, I noticed it was significantly thicker than the armor all orange colored wash I had been using. Thanks.

MoJam
Dec 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
I've used #00, GC, NXT, DC and Soft Wash.
They're all great products in my opinion.
One way or 'nother.

VonLego
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM
Gold class here--- its what i've always had and have never had a problem with spotting. Don't fix what ain't broke

sneek
Jan 1st, 2008, 05:47 PM
Back in the day there was another wash. The bottle was clear and it had the same logo design as the quik strips. I took a picture of the bottle but then I lost my phone. I really really liked that stuff, but I have no idea what it is or where I can get more. I know for a fact that it is older stuff, but it was probably one of the best soaps I have tried. IMO even better than NXT. Anybody know what it is?

I tihnk the big label said "Car Wash"

EDIT: It also came in a 32 oz bottle.

TwinSport
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Mine is Shampoo Plus but I also like NXT Shampoo.

AjNavo61490
Mar 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM
i use Hyper-wash for presoaking via foam gun then use Gold Class for 2 bucket method...

LOVE THIS COMBO!!!

spence82
Mar 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM
i dont know if i should say this on here,but i still love Zaino's Z-7 wash,leaves a just polished look.but expensive for a small bottle.

gb387
Mar 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I still enjoy looking at this post... Gold Class is hands down still my preferred wash. I have 4 gallons in the closet to prove it.

benhui86
Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
watever is on sale as long as its meguiars.....

it does the job right as long as its meguiars right?

quantummechanic84
Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
I actually used Gold Class for years... Then I gave #62 a shot.

I sure am glad I bought the Gallon of it.

03mach1
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
I mainly use NXT but have used the DC wash and GC. But I prefer NXT.

gioprivatemove
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I am happy with NXT. Never tried the Gold Class or other professional/Detailer line shampoo though.

roushstage2
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Guess this is a different soap poll. GC Class for me, followed by NXT.

rescuenut10
Jul 12th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I like the HW, it suds up and stays that way and the amount of cars you can do per gallon is incredible.

mikespine
Jul 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I prefer Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner : long lasting suds, nice clean scent, conditioner darkens up my black plastic mirrors and roof rack, but not my runninging boards or other trim.

02CAMSS
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I wish nxt came in gallon size

J. A. Michaels
Sep 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I am really starting to like Shampoo plus a lot.

SkipBGrad
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I used to use the Deep Crystal which worked well but I now have the Gold Class which is even better.

Sandstone
Oct 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I finally picked up a gallon of 62 along with 50 lbs of other stuff from ADS. 62 does smell like Brut which I'm not crazy about (and now I smell like it)but it cleans very well and if you like suds you will be very happy with it. I think I might prefer it as a prep before cleaning, polishing, waxing etc over NXT and GC. I rate the following:

Lubricity: GC (way out front), 62, NXT
Gloss: GC (way out front), 62, NXT
Rinsability (even if you let it dry): 62, GC, NXT (a distant 3rd)
Suds: 62 (way out front), NXT, GC
Cleaning ability: NXT and 62 are close with a possible slight edge to NXT, then GC

I still favor GC due to it's superb lubricity, great barber shop smell, low suds and the gloss it leaves and will likely continue to use GC as my summer go to/clean ride wash with NXT probably being my preference for dirty ride/winter use but I'm curious to see how 62 handles a salty ride on a cold day. IMHO gloss is not the purpose of a wash and really doesn't matter especially if you are using UDQ after a wash and suds don't matter as far as cleaning is concerned if you are using mechanical action as with a wash mitt. Voted for GC.

gb387
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Gold Class keeps the lead! Awesome stuff!!!

Tuck91
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:14 PM
i like GC in the summer and NXT in the winter

i really want to try #62 though

Sandstone
Jan 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
As a follow-up, 62 did really well at 36F at the coin op with two buckets. I didn't wash for a month due to the -20 to +5 arctic storm we had in Chicago and 62 performed like a champ. The scent has grown on me so I'll admit to sniffing it from time to time when I'm in the laundry room where I store my supplies :nervous1. Now I wish one of the QD's worked at below 50F.

c900
Mar 11th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Gold Class for me

gjohn28
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Recently used 62 for the first time. It's definitely stiff competition for Gold Class and M00, in my opinion.

oldmodman
Mar 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I voted other.

I love Zaino's car wash. Not because of the way it works, but for the smell.

I can't get enough of that smell!:carwash:drool1

supercharged
Mar 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm on the same page as Tim, #62 and Shampoo plus are my favorite. Hyper Wash in a foam gun/cannon only...

Ganesa
May 7th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I use gold class, and I think I will stick with it for a loooong time.... the water just sheets off too easily :D

itself
Aug 15th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I used the Gold Class for the first time today (I've been detailing my car for the last three hours and decided to take a small break here!).

I have hard water here in AZ, and didn't think it suds up well at all. But I liked the finish and no water stains.

I'm looking for something better, maybe the 62 next?

Lisa :)

rusty bumper
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I used the Gold Class for the first time today (I've been detailing my car for the last three hours and decided to take a small break here!).

I have hard water here in AZ, and didn't think it suds up well at all. But I liked the finish and no water stains.

I'm looking for something better, maybe the 62 next?

Lisa :)

Since you have hard water may I suggest NXT car wash?

NXT wash is formulated for hard water.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :wavey

Shizane2002
May 28th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I never use any type of car washing soap on my car. I have before....but my car just gets washed off with just water from the manual car washes. My experience with car wash soap (too include but not limited to Meguiars) has been bad for me.

For the past several years though....I dont "need" to use soap. The water and the process inwhich I dry and follow-up detail my car negates the need for soap.

Im currently making a newly updated How-To for how I wash, dry, and detail. I'll post it up on here when I can.

tiresmokindad
Jun 3rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Just that..... what do you reach for time and time again?

Hope I listed all of them!

I have tried:

Deep Crystal Car Wash (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Deep-Crystal-Car-Wash)

I always reach for Gold Class... Someone suggested #62 so me sometime ago I am going to pick up a gallon when I run out of Gold Class.

I think I like the shampoo. :hotrod2 My car becomes so shinning.

sleepy
Aug 14th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Even though I chose Gold Class soap, I find it a pain in the neck to get My windows to come clean after washing. It leaves a film that is hard to see in the rain. That said, I really like the way it clean and makes the paint look great!

rusty bumper
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Even though I chose Gold Class soap, I find it a pain in the neck to get My windows to come clean after washing. It leaves a film that is hard to see in the rain. That said, I really like the way it clean and makes the paint look great!

That is news to me.

I haven't encountered anything remotely similar to it.

Bill Davidson
Aug 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM

Likely you are using too much soap, not enough water.

EPHIOS
Sep 17th, 2010, 06:08 AM
In my arsenal I have:

*3 - 64oz GC Shampoo
*4 - 48oz Ultimate Wash & Wax
*12 - 64oz Eagle One NanoWash & Wax
*6 - 16oz DC Car Wash
*1 - 128oz Clean Mart Super Cherry Car Soap (super thick, like molasses)

I am planning to buy a gallon of Meguiars Super Soap someday this month for $14.99, and only $7.99 for a REFILL on my local Meguiar's Dealer.

I mainly use Eagle One each week when I am doing a NO touch car wash on my driveway. I dilute EO with 3:1 of water, use it on my Home Depot CUSTOM-made foam gun.

I use DC Car Wash on my wheel wells, and my other older car.

Before I got any Eagle One car wash soap, I use to use GC every week. However, when Checkers put Eagle One on SALE, I could not resist.

Finally, I use UW&W everytime if rains or every three weeks (which every comes first).

rusty bumper
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Still waiting on Meguiars to make a soap sampler. :dp:

The Dodge
Jul 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
So is there a big difference between Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and Mirror Glaze #62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner?

daniel clark
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I use what ever that is cheap,I feel if its a car wash soap then it is ok to use! I though will not skimp on a quality wax though!

kristina27
Aug 23rd, 2011, 04:53 AM
NXT or Gold Class are for me. Love them both. Been curious to see how the Ultimate Wash and Wax does.:coolgleam

Murr1525
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
So is there a big difference between Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and Mirror Glaze #62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner?

Not too big. If anything ,the Gold Class is a little bit gentler.

Murr1525
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
NXT or Gold Class are for me. Love them both. Been curious to see how the Ultimate Wash and Wax does.:coolgleam

Its great. Esp if you dont have time to spray waxing after. Bit of a waste if you were doing something after.

weavers
Aug 25th, 2011, 10:12 PM
ONR every time. optimum no rinse.

Rineseless car washes just win. on the rare occasion a customer request a traditional wash with car soap i have some old cheap megs car soap.

remofire
May 13th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Very old but very interesting read. Something I've been dealing with in my own business. I LOVE Duragloss 901 and 902 better than anything I've ever tried. A close 2nd would be the Meguiars Detailer line Car Wash Shampoo. My biggest Meguiars gripe is ( and the car wash types are a perfect example) finding a TECHNICAL explanation of the various lines.....classic, gold class, mirror Glaze, Nxt generation etc that is not watered down pr stuff is hard. Like a closely guarded national security issue or something.

NorthantsPete
Sep 4th, 2019, 01:48 AM
GC is a bit spotty in anything other than cold weather. NXT is just a dream, I know that because the missus brags about it and she only like the best in range.
She also loves Detailer APC as its hardcore and does the job, excited to try the new citrus range replacing APC plus as APC on windows is a no-no.

NorthantsPete
Sep 4th, 2019, 01:51 AM
ONR every time. optimum no rinse.

Rineseless car washes just win. on the rare occasion a customer request a traditional wash with car soap i have some old cheap megs car soap.

Not in cold climates, the dirt, grit, salt just eats up no rinse products and a zillion clothes.
Powerwashers and TFR are king in the UK, that and spray waxes so you can run inside as quick as possible

Nick Winn
Sep 4th, 2019, 07:52 AM
Not in cold climates, the dirt, grit, salt just eats up no rinse products and a zillion clothes.
Powerwashers and TFR are king in the UK, that and spray waxes so you can run inside as quick as possible

LOL @ "and spray waxes so you can run inside as quick as possible"