PDA

View Full Version : Grit Guard/Wash Mitt cleaning stand...

gb387
Nov 21st, 2005, 03:24 PM
Here is another use for your Grit Guard Insert (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Grit-Guard-Insert&sku=G-408). I use it to rinse(with my garden hose) my wash mitts out... they stay off the ground keeping dirt/sand from getting in the mitt then water runs right out the bottom.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/121Wash_Mit-Grit_Guard-med.JPG

LiquidBlack
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Boy, that thing has gotten some use, hasnt it!

gb387
Nov 21st, 2005, 05:04 PM
The wash mitt? Yeah... when it dries it looks much better and its kind of rolled up in the photo.

Jeff Smith
Nov 21st, 2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by gb387
Here is another use for your Grit Guard Insert (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Grit-Guard-Insert&sku=G-408). I use it to rinse(with my garden hose) my wash mitts out... they stay off the ground keeping dirt/sand from getting in the mitt then water runs right out the bottom.

They also make pretty good drying racks as well. Usually by the time I am done washing I have 2 mitts, and 3 brush heads that need cleaning and drying. I have 4 of the Girt Guards and wash all this stuff right on them as you do. Then I simply keep them on there for drying. I do wring/sling the water out of them first, then I hit them with the leaf blower for GP. Then they are returned to the Grit Guard for drying. I have no garage so after I wring/sling and blow them out a bit, if the weather does not look right I can carry them in and lay them in the bathtub until dry. They don't drip at this point but I still put them in the bathtub just in case.

I do all of my Polishing/cleaning pads pretty much the same way.

Mike Phillips
Nov 22nd, 2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Smith
They also make pretty good drying racks as well.

:iagree:

After rinsing out my mitts or my brushes I let them sit on top of the Grit Guard in the bucket with the lid off to drip and air dry. Works well and keeps everything in one place.

Jeff Smith
Nov 22nd, 2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
:iagree:

After rinsing out my mitts or my brushes I let them sit on top of the Grit Guard in the bucket with the lid off to drip and air dry. Works well and keeps everything in one place.

I have one of the Grit Guard system buckets with the screw top. I have been thinking about drilling a few holes in it and Stacking the Grit Guards up in it with the various brushes and such. Then screw the lid on. They should not mold/mildew as long as air is getting to them.

roaringlion
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
Are these "Grit Guards" avaiilable overseas?

Murr1525
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:52 AM
You can contact Meguias in Australia to see I am sure, but also can try gritguard.com to see where they ship.

roaringlion
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Many thanks again Murr i'll give them a call soon, also can ya get the meguiar's bucket over here aswell? as i have seen them in members forum pics