• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Kote- non-dilutable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Kote- non-dilutable?

I just managed to get a gallon of Engine Kote. It doesn't say anything about dilution ratios, so I assume its bottled ready to use. However, I just wanted to check if anyone has had any luck diluting it. If its not dilutable, thats no problem, this gallon should last a while.

EK is ready-to-use, yes.... but you CAN dilute it. It is a water-based product, so it should dilute fine. I've made batches at 2:1 and 3:1 with no problems....

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
      EK is ready-to-use, yes.... but you CAN dilute it. It is a water-based product, so it should dilute fine. I've made batches at 2:1 and 3:1 with no problems....
      Great, thanks for the reply. So it doesn't lose effectiveness at those dilutions?

Comment

Originally posted by kpagel
        Great, thanks for the reply. So it doesn't lose effectiveness at those dilutions?
        Nope, the difference I've seen is that it isn't as "glossy" of a shell as the full-strength (basically put, this acts very similar to hyper dressing when diluted, in my experience.)

Comment

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

I usually dilute mine 1:1. I find it makes it easier to spray on and get a good coating.
            1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
            2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
            1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');