• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does #83 & #80 stain plastic trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does #83 & #80 stain plastic trim

I just ordered a some #83 and some #80 to polish my truck and i am wondering if it is going to stain my plastic trim like the nxt paste wax does. That way if it does i can go get some painters tape before the poilshes get here. Thanks.

I was just responding to another thread and saw yours. You may wish to look at what has been suggested there as well.

I can;t say if either stains the trim or not as I apply a Trim Detailer "prior" to polishing then remove the TD afterwards

Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I'd say it will probably show on you trim. I use Megs #39 heavy duty vinyl and rubber cleaner. It does an awesome job of cleaning up any places where wax or polish do not belong. Even if you trim with painters tape, you may miss a spot and need to clean it. #39 works great and goes a long way.
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Re: Does #83 & #80 stain plastic trim

Originally posted by 04 Hemi
        I just ordered a some #83 and some #80 to polish my truck and i am wondering if it is going to stain my plastic trim like the nxt paste wax does. That way if it does i can go get some painters tape before the poilshes get here. Thanks.
        You will need the painter's tape.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');