• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Alternative

Hi Guys,
    Living in Australia we donot have access to the PC DA however i have found a product which seems to work on the same principle.
    http://www.derek.com.au/parts.html[/IMG]
    I know the brand is against my ethics however would this be a good alternative if its all i can access.

Thanks in advance![IMG]http://archive.meguiarsonline.com
    It will never be clean enough!

you can get a PC in Australia just pay more for shipping
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I don't see any specs for that polisher in the link provided so I dunno how well it'll work compared to the PC.

IMO any random orbital polisher/sander will basically do the same job as the PC, it's just a matter of the machine's power, speed, backing plate design, and ergonomics. There's nothing really unique about the PC, it's a just widely known approach (to the gentle polishing thing) with a lot of useful features.
      Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Re: PC Alternative

Originally posted by dom0brien
        Hi Guys,
        Living in Australia we donot have access to the PC DA however i have found a product which seems to work on the same principle.
        http://www.derek.com.au/parts.html[/IMG]
        I know the brand is against my ethics however would this be a good alternative if its all i can access.

Thanks in advance![IMG]http://archive.meguiarsonline.com
        Hi &

first about the polisher that looks like one of those cheap polisher you can get at any auto chain store for twenty bucks...but i could be wrong i will say this it seems it made specifically for wax and removing wax only so i doubt it will work like the G100/PC.....i highly recommend pay the extra fee to get a G100/Pc ..there are many site (i can show you if you need help) that you can purchase one.....so my opinion don't get it...but that just me...now if you want to apply wax then get it if its not overpriced but if it is check out other brands...see if I'm thinking what it is it wont remove swirls or light scratches,marr from the paint...doesnt have enough vrooom.....but like i said i have never tried it nor heard of anyone mention about this.....i will suggest if you don't want to get a G100 then there is Makita BO6040 6" Random Orbit Sander see if you can find that and that maybe your ticket plus when your ready to try to rotary power then you switch it to it....two machines in one....good luck
        Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Hi,

Be sure that if you are ordering the PC from the U.S.A. that you order one that is set up to be used with 220 volts in Australia.

The PC that is sold in the U.S.A. is 110 volts.

My 2 cents.
          2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

CYCLO makes a 220V unit. I use my Cyclos a lot more than I use my PCs.
            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I thought about getting the PC but instead i ordered a Cyclo, and it's 220V with the right plug(5CE). It's a great tool.

Comment

i know in Denmark you can get a Cyclo copy for around £25.00 from a company called Bilterma.
                they dont ship outside of Denmark but there is a nice member on MOL UK that ships them out.

i'm sure if you asked him nicely he'd get you one.

from the reviews its just as good.

and for those who are thinking of getting a rotary, on ebay they sell Aote ones that are copies of the Makita one Mike has.
                but instead of £179+P&P they are £20+P&P.

they dont have the soft start the makita has but the do have the same speed range.

the guys on MOL UK cant fault them and they are a great introduction into stepping up to a rotary.

if you need more info do a search on MOL UK

Alex

Comment

I know about the Cyclo copy from Biltema, they sell it here too. It vibrates much more and is noisier, but the speed is ajustable on it. I don't know if I miss that feature on the Cyclo, I think not.

Comment

dom0brien I have seen this in Supercheap and I believe it is about $149. It looks to use 4" pads. You may want to view this thread Related article

You will see they mention a few alternatives to the G100 due to the power difference.
                    Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Do you have an air compressor? Do you have a air DA sander?

With Meguiar's W64DA (6.5 inch) DA backing plate or W65DA (8inch) backing plate you can take most air sanders and turn them into a great polishing tool with similar results as the Porter Cable G100.

The Cyclo is a good approach too. I really like that tool.

Jason Rose
                      Field Marketing Manager: Professional Products
                      Meguiar's, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');